Motherwell Cup Tickets - Selt Oot!

August Landmesser

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sensible thing to do would be to make an early decision on the week end matches. Then rearrange for week commencing 12/03. Give the pitches and travel routes time to recover.

Much more important things to worry about atm than playing football matches in dangerous conditions.

It's not as if there is any rush the semi finals are not till next month.

Someone said on Motherwell forum the main roads around FirPark have been cleared but that's about it

9 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

The thing that is unusual about this snow (for the U.K.) is that it’s not going anywhere. There will therefore be nowhere for anyone to park safely, on Sunday or on Tuesday, as far as I can see. So I expect a postponement today and then another one. Hope to be proven wrong.

I Agree,Sunday postponed and also Tuesday.

Heartsmad1874

If supporter safety really is paramount then this game will be off no later than close of play today.

Still no trains, Roads are treacherous in and out of Edinburgh and with how cold it is can't see snow melting.

Over 4.5k Hearts fans are planning on going to this so the earlier a decision is made the better.

Still don't even have my ticket due to Tynecastle being closed yesterday and today will see what their plan is regarding that.

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The sensible thing to do would be to make an early decision on the week end matches. Then rearrange for week commencing 12/03. Give the pitches and travel routes time to recover.

Much more important things to worry about atm than playing football matches in dangerous conditions.

Spot on!

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If it's going to be off I agree with this. There would be a lot of individual rearrangements required for the traveling fans at very short notice and would undoubtedly affect the gate. More time would give more people the chance to get there.

GorgieRules22

A Tuesday night game in Motherwell has lost all excitement for me. Looking forward to a good day out, now a midweek game, magic.

Another point to consider from a Hearts viewpoint is if the game is played on Tuesday we will be going in to a Derby match three days later. Our squad is likely to be knackered while Hibs will have had a break.

If as looks certain the game is postponed on Sunday we don't want to be playing on Tuesday.

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Another point to consider from a Hearts viewpoint is if the game is played on Tuesday we will be going in to a Derby match three days later. Our squad is likely to be knackered while Hibs will have had a break.

If as looks certain the game is postponed on Sunday we don't want to be playing on Tuesday.

Why will they be knackered? They’re professional athletes ffs! Playing Tuesday then Friday is just the same as playing Wednesday then Saturday which we’ve been doing for decades. Maybe after the winter break the extra game time would even help (if we get a positive result).

15 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

A Tuesday night game in Motherwell has lost all excitement for me. Looking forward to a good day out, now a midweek game, magic.

I'm with you mate, can't think of anything more miserable on a freezing Tuesday night ?

GorgieRules22
18 minutes ago, luckydug said:

This would be a disaster going into the Derby.

Nelly Terraces

Can you still return away tickets to the TO?

I did this a few years ago & got a full refund, HMFC couldn't care less as it's not their money but I'm not sure this is the case now.

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I did this a few years ago & got a full refund, HMFC couldn't care less as it's not their money but I'm not sure this is the case now.

half of it is HMFC's money

57 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Can’t see how I’m going to get to the game if it’s going ahead. Car is stuck in my estate. Can’t possibly dig my way out. And still need to pick the tickets up.

I'm the same. No way of getting my car out the side streets and no way of getting my tickets.

mainstandjambo

Motherwell twitter a few minutes ago showing pitch is totally clear of snow and they are now getting areas around stadium clear. Asking for their fans to assist with the clear up operation. They seem keen to get game played. 

heard on radio scotland  yesterday that they will decide today if the scottish cup games are going ahead 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

This would be a disaster going into the Derby.

How?  Teams are used to playing Saturday / Sunday, midweek, Saturday/ Sunday. Bunch of drama queens on JKB as usual!

Jambos_1874
15 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why will they be knackered? They’re professional athletes ffs! Playing Tuesday then Friday is just the same as playing Wednesday then Saturday which we’ve been doing for decades. Maybe after the winter break the extra game time would even help (if we get a positive result).

Regardless of whether they are professional athletes or not, they are still human. Even with top level treatment and recovery after a match, if it's a tough battle (which I fully expect it to be) then you can still be less than 100% a few days later. Our squad is quite "extreme" in that we have quite a few older players as well as very young players and therefore will be less able to cope with quick turnarounds.

My tickets are sitting in ticket office which is closed today, HMFC have tweeted that there will an "announcement regarding the collection of Fir Park tickets" later today.

Sounds to me like they're hoping the game gets postponed as they don't have a plan how to get the tickets out. Tbf not an easy situation but postponement is now inevitable so I wish they'd just get on with it.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

My tickets are sitting in ticket office which is closed today, HMFC have tweeted that there will an "announcement regarding the collection of Fir Park tickets" later today.

Sounds to me like they're hoping the game gets postponed as they don't have a plan how to get the tickets out. Tbf not an easy situation but postponement is now inevitable so I wish they'd just get on with it.

That would be the sensible option but will Motherwell care? They already have the ticket money guaranteed and if they can sell tickets to Hearts fans who can’t turn up it maybe gives them a wee advantage in terms of reducing the atmosphere that we could have created.

9 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Motherwell twitter a few minutes ago showing pitch is totally clear of snow and they are now getting areas around stadium clear. Asking for their fans to assist with the clear up operation. They seem keen to get game played. 

It's the Police who will decide. It doesn't matter that much what state the pitch is in it's more about the state of the roads leading to the ground.

If the Police are not happy then they will tell them to postpone.

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Great work by Motherwell if thats how the pitch is.

A few years ago that place would have been a bog.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, wavydavy said:

It's the Police who will decide. It doesn't matter that much what state the pitch is in it's more about the state of the roads leading to the ground.

But will the police just take into account the local roads or will they take into account what the roads around Edinburgh are like too? I’d imagine it’s worse through there anyway?

Nucky Thompson

That's us out the woods weather wise, pitch is fine and two days to clear the streets. Game on

GorgieRules22

Looking at the forecast and the pitch it's surely game on. Tynecastle will open Saturday and probably Sunday for ticket pick ups.

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That would be the sensible option but will Motherwell care? They already have the ticket money guaranteed and if they can sell tickets to Hearts fans who can’t turn up it maybe gives them a wee advantage in terms of reducing the atmosphere that we could have created.

Hearts could take uncollected tickets to the ground ?

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

But will the police just take into account the local roads or will they take into account what the roads around Edinburgh are like too? I’d imagine it’s worse through there anyway?

The main roads around Edinburgh are all clear now, hopefully the gritters start getting to the side roads

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Exactly, clearing a pitch is one thing but I don't imagine there's been many cars being moved in and around the Fir Park area so just where folks will be able to safely park is hard to say. 

In this era of health and safety being the single most important factor this would be a throwback to the 70's!!!!!

scott herbertson

Trains seem to be runningPerth to Inverness. If that lines clear then as long as they can get the drivers and station staff in may well be possible to get there

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They will liase with Transport Scotland who obviously have camera's on all the major routes throughout Scotland.

Nelly Terraces
23 minutes ago, XB52 said:

half of it is HMFC's money

Yeah, guess a cup game may be slightly different right enough.

3 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Exactly, clearing a pitch is one thing but I don't imagine there's been many cars being moved in and around the Fir Park area so just where folks will be able to safely park is hard to say. 

In this era of health and safety being the single most important factor this would be a throwback to the 70's!!!!!

Yes exactly. The major routes such as the M8 will be ok but what about all the roads leading off to Fir Park. I can't get my car out from where I live it's been stuck there for three days. There are still very few buses running in Edinburgh to get to a Station etc.

4 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

Wonder what will happen re posted tickets if they don’t arrive tomorrow?

Might be worth a call to Hearts to ask assuming it may affect you. I have mine but yours is a good point. You will not be allowed in without one.

OmiyaHearts

People in my work who travelled in today from Hamilton / Motherwell area have said roads are fine.

Game will be on and would be amazed if they postponed it.

More Motherwell fans saying roads around Fir Park fine now but pavements need to be cleared and gritted

16 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Hearts could take uncollected tickets to the ground ?

I'm sure, in these extreme circumstances, that is exactly what Hearts will do. They may even be able to commandeer a corner of the Well office so that fans can go in and collect, same as with any tickets that were due to be posted.

17 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

Wonder what will happen re posted tickets if they don’t arrive tomorrow?

When did you order yours? If it was in the second batch (Wednesday morning) I'm pretty sure they won't even have left the ticket office yet.

http://www.footymad.com/motherwell/news/tmnw/fir_park__green_oasis_915333/index.shtml

Motherwell's ground staff have worked magic and are preparing the stadium ahead of Sunday's cup tie with Hearts.  Volunteers are sought to clear the surrounds. 

The club posted a tweet showing the pitch to be in perfect playing order as they appealed to fans to give a hand (and a shovel!) for assistance in clearing the approaches.

C:WindowsTempphp1F7D.tmp

As conditions gradually improve hopes are high that Sunday's game will kick-off at 2.15pm as scheduled.  

Gorgie_Rules
6 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

More Motherwell fans saying roads around Fir Park fine now but pavements need to be cleared and gritted

Couple of days to clear that barring any unforecasted snow, looking like game on

Just now, Gorgie_Rules said:

Couple of days to clear that barring any unforecasted snow, looking like game on

Hopefully

John Findlay
50 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

It is in cup games. Gate money is split.

Fozzyonthefence
41 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The main roads around Edinburgh are all clear now, hopefully the gritters start getting to the side roads

I wouldn’t know - I’m still snowed in in Fife, unable to get to my work in Edinburgh as no buses or trains!

Archived