Motherwell Cup Tickets - Selt Oot!

August Landmesser

Had to go into the ticket office on Friday and buy 6 as two folk who are coming haven't been to a game in years and don't have an account.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, true-jambo said:

Possibly because the ticket office staff are stuffing nearly 3,500 tickets into envelopes as we speak! 

The Apprentice
19 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I think Motherwell need to upgrade their courier pigeons.

They’re probably using DHL! ?

Thought Police
19 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im not sure thats the case.

Hmm you might be right, just re-read the initial announcement and they don’t mention that.

chester copperpot
22 minutes ago, been here before said:

I bought 3 on my account so defo not the case.

2 were kids mind you

lindseylocket
3 hours ago, allyjambo said:

aye i have over 100 points, was going to buy them online on Friday night but noticed you needed to phone Hearts to get the family discount so thought i would wait until Monday to save a few pounds. Didn't think they would shift that quickly.

Same here , we were at Ibrox on Saturday, I thought Monday would be fine.

”It’s ok it’s on the telly” just isn’t cutting it with my lot ☹️

What’s happening with loyalty points, mine still not added ? sitting on 49 points and need the points added to get a mate a ticket for h1b5 game, a mate got mine when the points were 65, usually added a day or two later but that was Friday I got my ticket and still not been added.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Possibly because the ticket office staff are stuffing nearly 3,500 tickets into envelopes as we speak! 

I was simply saying they were selling tickets on Saturday, which were still to arrive from Motherwell. Why then say they couldn't sell any of the new batch until they had actually arrived into Hearts possession.

If the reason is the one you suggested, why not say when these tickets will be available to buy.

5 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

What’s happening with loyalty points, mine still not added ? sitting on 49 points and need the points added to get a mate a ticket for h1b5 game, a mate got mine when the points were 65, usually added a day or two later but that was Friday I got my ticket and still not been added.

same here. not sure what's going on. Maybe go into Ticket Office and show them your receipt to see if you can get your Hibs ticket. Must be a glitch somewhere. Still find it hard to believe we've shifted all these tickets so quickly

Might do that tomorrow night if it’s still not updated by tomorrow, bit of a pain. It’s a great effort selling these so quickly, should be good fun on Sunday ?????? What time does the ticket office close on midweek match days?

HAMILTON HEARTS

I've got two spare tickets going as my brother bought ours with me known and for some reason I was allowed to by two 

Heartsmad1874
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Not the case atall.

3500 sold already tells me alot of johnny come latelys buying as much tickets as they want.

Motherwell partly to blame for sending tickets over so late.

We are sitting on 140-153 LP’s for the 3 of us and have missed out on tickets for this one. Wonder how many of us at Ibrox on a Saturday are in the same boat. My own fault for not buying them on Friday night.

Fingers crossed we get another batch tomorrow and the club implements some form of LP criteria to get them.

6 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

We are sitting on 140-153 LP’s for the 3 of us and have missed out on tickets for this one. Wonder how many of us at Ibrox on a Saturday are in the same boat. My own fault for not buying them on Friday night.

Fingers crossed we get another batch tomorrow and the club implements some form of LP criteria to get them.

You will be fine

50 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

You will be fine

Given that the initial 3,500 sold out in about 12 hours, I'd imagine you'd have to be aware of the announcement pretty soon after it happens to get any of the next batch of tickets.

We can only hope Hearts have learnt from this for the future. Loyalty points until 9am tomorrow and then a general sale would have been sensible, manageable and a fair use of the system.

3 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

They’re probably using DHL! ?

Nothing wrong with DHL as they have a quality driver working in the gorgie area

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

I get what you are saying but they 100% should not implement loyalty points on the next batch as that would be completely backwards and would mean we probably wouldnt shift another thousand.

The Apprentice
27 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Nothing wrong with DHL as they have a quality driver working in the gorgie area

Was just a cheap shot at the KFC fiasco mate, nothing sinister ??

21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What is the point of having a Loyalty Points system if they are not going to implement it ?   WTF ?

If Motherwell hadn’t sat on the tickets for a week and a half after pricing was agreed, I’m sure they would have. I do think they’ve underestimated demand although, to be fair, I didn’t think we’d sell 3500 tickets in 12 hours. 

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

If Motherwell hadn’t sat on the tickets for a week and a half after pricing was agreed, I’m sure they would have. I do think they’ve underestimated demand although, to be fair, I didn’t think we’d sell 3500 tickets in 12 hours. 

If we get the additional 1350 or so I’ll be surprised if we we sell them all. Hope im wrong but when was the last time we took 5,000 to a cup tie that wasnt a semi or final? 

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If we get the additional 1350 or so I’ll be surprised if we we sell them all. Hope im wrong but when was the last time we took 5,000 to a cup tie that wasnt a semi or final? 

When was the last time we sold 3500 tickets in 24 hours for an away cup tie?

System for the Texaco worked well.  None of this ticket rubbish.  Around 28,000 in the ground and 6,000 locked out.

No problems.  Health and safety hadn't been invented.

53 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We sold 3500 in 12 hours and you don't think we'll sell another 1400? Right then.

40 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

When was the last time we sold 3500 tickets in 24 hours for an away cup tie?

You didn’t answer my original question. I wasnt  being critical,  just as surprised as everyone else including ticket office staff and lots of regular away game fans. Usual away crowd is in the 1,000-2,500 range other than ER. It’s usually closer to the bottom of that range as well. If we sell the 5,000 tickets that’s more than double, maybe, treble, our usual away support. It’s 1,500 more than ER and we have just been selling out for that in recent games there. Next Friday’s game isn’t  sold out yet. Motherwell away, on a Sunday, on council tv. 5,000 would be amazing. 

9 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

We sold 3500 in 12 hours and you don't think we'll sell another 1400? Right then.

24 hours not 12 I believe. That’s how numbers get exaggerated. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

What is the point of having a Loyalty Points system if they are not going to implement it ?   WTF ?

Your spot on some folk will defend the club but they've not looked after the most loyal fans.

Simple as that loyalty should work both ways

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You didn’t answer my original question. I wasnt  being critical,  just as surprised as everyone else including ticket office staff and lots of regular away game fans. Usual away crowd is in the 1,000-2,500 range other than ER. It’s usually closer to the bottom of that range as well. If we sell the 5,000 tickets that’s more than double, maybe, treble, our usual away support. It’s 1,500 more than ER and we have just been selling out for that in recent games there. Next Friday’s game isn’t  sold out yet. Motherwell away, on a Sunday, on council tv. 5,000 would be amazing. 

Could be wrong but we have only reached this stage of the competition 2 or 3 times in the last 12 years, probably even longer. The only reason I can think why there has been as incredible uptake in such a short space of time with it being on a sunday and on BBC. I go to most away games and would have judged 2,000 tops. No doubt about it the additional tickets will sell fast, potentially with Motherwell giving us some in their stand if not constrained by time.

Will be a great support and occasion, hopefully the players can reward us.

4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Could be wrong but we have only reached this stage of the competition 2 or 3 times in the last 12 years, probably even longer. The only reason I can think why there has been as incredible uptake in such a short space of time with it being on a sunday and on BBC. I go to most away games and would have judged 2,000 tops. No doubt about it the additional tickets will sell fast, potentially with Motherwell giving us some in their stand if not constrained by time.

Will be a great support and occasion, hopefully the players can reward us.

I’m at most away games as well. I would have predicted less than you because it’s Sunday and it’s on BBC rather than Sky/BT and also it’s Motherwell. Not a lot of trains esp on Sunday and not a lot of decent pubs either. Will be interesting to see how many we end up with at the game. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

same here. not sure what's going on. Maybe go into Ticket Office and show them your receipt to see if you can get your Hibs ticket. Must be a glitch somewhere. Still find it hard to believe we've shifted all these tickets so quickly

I’m sure I read that the LPs aren’t added until after the game, to save people working the system. I have 64 points, if I wanted to I would’ve bought a ticket for an away game, go the points to buy a ticket for ER then returned the other ticket. Bit you can’t do that if the LPs are added on the day of the game.

...a bit disco

We took a fair whack to Raith last year so this shouldn't be that big a surprise.

This will be my third away game of the season others were Partick and Motherwell league games , both utter pish performances. Won't go to any league away games for the rest of the season but will go to the semi and the final if we make it.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m at most away games as well. I would have predicted less than you because it’s Sunday and it’s on BBC rather than Sky/BT and also it’s Motherwell. Not a lot of trains esp on Sunday and not a lot of decent pubs either. Will be interesting to see how many we end up with at the game. 

The cheap ticket prices have probably helped also.

Think the last away game I was at was livi in the league cup, maybe 3 seasons ago? However, fancy this one with it being a cup quarter final, in a game we have a good chance of winning, on a relatively good run of form, on a Sunday at a good time and just £30 for me and my dad. 

The Treasurer

I usually defend the club and the TO who do a great job, but on this occasion I think they've cocked up.

They might not have had the actual tickets in their possession but they knew how many they were getting, meaning they could easily have set the LP threshold well in advance of sales.

Due to the short timescale the window for those with the required LP's could have been shortened (say Friday to Monday). That gives plenty time for any unsold to go to a general sale, especially with a home match today.

From what I'm hearing there are going to be a lot of glory hunters at this game at the expense of regulars who weren't quick enough off the mark. That is just wrong

13 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I usually defend the club and the TO who do a great job, but on this occasion I think they've cocked up.

They might not have had the actual tickets in their possession but they knew how many they were getting, meaning they could easily have set the LP threshold well in advance of sales.

Due to the short timescale the window for those with the required LP's could have been shortened (say Friday to Monday). That gives plenty time for any unsold to go to a general sale, especially with a home match today.

From what I'm hearing there are going to be a lot of glory hunters at this game at the expense of regulars who weren't quick enough off the mark. That is just wrong

Disagree. Not one Hearts fan would have said we would have shifted 3500 tickets by the Saturday. The club have obviously taken the same view and put them straight on general sale on Friday afternoon as soon as they've received them. If the johnny come lately glory hunters were quick enough of the mark to get their tickets on Friday why were the uber fans not doing the same? Too busy posting on here perhaps?

Heartsmad1874
6 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Disagree. Not one Hearts fan would have said we would have shifted 3500 tickets by the Saturday. The club have obviously taken the same view and put them straight on general sale on Friday afternoon as soon as they've received them. If the johnny come lately glory hunters were quick enough of the mark to get their tickets on Friday why were the uber fans not doing the same? Too busy posting on here perhaps?

Tickets were on sale for about 12 hours or so before selling out not really giving enough time to buy tickets for those who didn't see it right away especially since there was a game on Saturday afternoon.

Bit disappointed myself to have 157 points and i'm facing the prospect of missing out on a cup quarter final.

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Not everyone has access to Twitter or the club website. Quite a few people I spoke to at Ibrox weren't aware they were on sale.

And many "uber fans" as you call them,  would be supporting Hearts on Saturday so would be unable to get to the TO.

Regardless of timescales or amount of tickets available there should ALWAYS be an opportunity for regular supporters to purchase before a general sale.

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Not everyone has access to Twitter or the club website. Quite a few people I spoke to at Ibrox weren't aware they were on sale.

And many "uber fans" as you call them,  would be supporting Hearts on Saturday so would be unable to get to the TO.

Regardless of timescales or amount of tickets available there should ALWAYS be an opportunity for regular supporters to purchase before a general sale.

I don't use twitter either. Somebody text me at half 2 on Friday so I went along to Tynie to get 6 as to of our group don't have accounts. As I said, I don't think anyone could have foreseen the demand for tickets given it's on TV.

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Official club website still saying the initial 1500 allocation on sale 2 days after they were sold out of the extra allocation.

Wage thief whoever's job it is to manage the website content

Shanks said no

Called ticket office at 9, same recorded message saying sold out and any more tickets will be announced on website.

kicking myself for not getting them on Friday 

12 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Called ticket office at 9, same recorded message saying sold out and any more tickets will be announced on website.

kicking myself for not getting them on Friday 

I was lucky on Friday - announcement was made just as I happened to have a spare hour to run over to Tynie. Otherwise, I would probably have been in the same boat as you.

Do postman in Motherwell have cars or is the postman that is delivering the extra tickets walking from Fir Park to Tynecastle?

Archived