• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Libertarian
28 minutes ago, Craig HMFC said:

Not so long ago I can still remember how the hobos thought they'd win the cup, so we travelled through the sunny day kujabi wearing gloves in May, the proclaimers 

, fish and doggie scott! But rudi skacel made them shiver with every left foot he delivered put mcpake and others on the ground, he told them not to make a sound, I still remember how they cried when they said Santana took a dive, Craig Thompson said it was inside T-h-e  d-a-y  t-h-e  h-o-b-o-s died... And I was singing bye bye did you stay until 5 you'll remember this until the day that you die, the cry then was it should of been 10....... The... Day... The.... Hobos..... Died

Brilliant. I really like it.

59 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

As things stand I think they will just be seated in the school end and blend in when we play rangers.

No need for that. The group have been a breath of fresh air to our support so far.

3 hours ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Ok.

They can spend a huge amount of their money, or very little.

But it's their choice to be biggots, and to paint hearts in a bad light.

And if you can't see that fair enough.

I was at the game and could hear most of what was being sung. 

I didn’t hear any out and out sectarian stuff like the sash being sung by the young team, however there are a few tunes in their songbook that are a bit divisive.

They’ve got one about Lafferty based on the Stuart Armstrong song that Celtic fans sung with the line “he hates the IRA”. That was led by them for sure.

The 7 foot and he plays the flute” song was also started by them. This song originates from the NI fans singing it about him as far as I know, and our more “staunch” fans have adopted it. 

I heard the song that includes the line “I was born under the Union Jack”.

I also heard “Hello Hello” once, with enough people using the F word to describe who’s blood they wanted to be standing in, for it to be audible. I’m sure plenty of folk sang “Hibee” as well but not enough. 

Of those songs, only the last one is out and out sectarian. Hearts fans seem to be in 3 camps... Folk who don’t want it sung at all, folk who like the tune and want the words changed so that we can still sing a slightly cleaner version with “Hibee blood” and the bigots who like the song the way it is. I’m in the first camp, precisely because the folk in the 2nd camp, give the folk in the 3rd camp an opportunity to embarrass the club and they always take it.

The other three songs, whilst not strictly sectarian, i.e. not directly hating on catholics, are a bit too Rangers for my liking, and it’s clear many other Hearts fans feel the same. It’s absolutely fine to hate the IRA, it’s just not really relevant to us. 

The only way the singing section is going to really get the whole of Tynie or the away end going (when ch is their stated aim) is if they unite the Hearts support. Those songs divide the Hearts support.

That’s why I keep on encouraging them, whilst telling them to leave out the staunch nonsense. 

More of the Olly Lee chants, more 5-1 chants.

And when it gets towards the end of the game and the crowd are not joining in with you any more, instead of trying the “Heart of Midlothi.. wahey o way-o-way” for the 14th time, stop take a break for 30 seconds and sing the Hearts song!

Edited by BigC

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, BigC said:

I didn’t hear any out and out sectarian stuff like the sash being sung by the young team, however there are a few tunes in their songbook that are a bit divisive.

They’ve got one about Lafferty based on the Stuart Armstrong song that Celtic fans sung with the line “he hates the IRA”. That was led by them for sure.

The 7 foot and he plays the flute” song was also started by them. This song originates from the NI fans singing it about him as far as I know, and our more “staunch” fans have adopted it. 

I also heard “Hello Hello” once, with enough people using the F word to describe who’s blood they wanted to be standing in, for it to be audible. I’m sure plenty of folk sang “Hibee” as well but not enough. 

Of those songs, only the last one is out and out sectarian. Hearts fans seem to be in 3 camps... Folk who don’t want it sung at all, folk who like the tune and want the words changed so that we can still sing a slightly cleaner version with “Hibee blood” and the bigots who like the song the way it is. I’m in the first camp, precisely because the folk in the 2nd camp, give the folk in the 3rd camp an opportunity to embarrass the club and they always take it.

The other three songs, whilst not strictly sectarian, i.e. not directly hating on catholics, are a bit too Rangers for my liking, and it’s clear many other Hearts fans feel the same. It’s absolutely fine to hate the IRA, it’s just not really relevant to us. 

The only way the singing section is going to really get the whole of Tynie or the away end going (when ch is their stated aim) is if they unite the Hearts support. Those songs divide the Hearts support.

That’s why I keep on encouraging them, whilst telling them to leave out the staunch nonsense. 

And when it gets towards the end of the game and the crowd are not joining in with you any more, instead of trying the “Heart of Midlothi.. wahey o way-o-way” for the 14th time, stop take a break for 30 seconds and sing the Hearts song!

Outstanding post and bang on the money ??

10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think it is a bit unfair to put anything that was heard at Hamilton yesterday down purely to those who have joined the singing section at Tynecastle. They cannot control who stands near them at away grounds. However, if they allow the wrong type of songs to become the norm at home games at Tynecastle then I'd guess they are aware of the potential consequences in terms of the club's reaction.

Re first line of course not, but they need a strategy how to cope with folk who are going to hang on to them for whatever reason.  However, unfortunately it appears some of the official section anyway 

Will be interesting on Ann's / the club's official line on this.  Clamp down on them at home only as the club isn't responsible for way happens outside of Tynecastle or take the view they are representing the club home and away?  I'd be disappointed if she went home only route as the club has endorsed the group.

9 hours ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

As things stand I think they will just be seated in the school end and blend in when we play rangers.

8 hours ago, JamboJen said:

No need for that. The group have been a breath of fresh air to our support so far.

See below

5 hours ago, BigC said:

I brought it up that it appeared the drummer was giving it laldy to the beat to both the Born under a UJ and 'Hating the IRA'  I was sitting right behind the goals so a wee bit away from them and was worried when I brought it up I as wrong and had done them a dis-service.

Sadly you have confirmed what I thought.  

@HMFCSSO - this is the post I'd wonder if you are prepared to respond to?

We've all got a big away game coming up in less than 2 weeks time.

Don't know if i should say this for fear of being labelled a creep or having a bit of a want about me...

BUUUT... 

A video has been promoted or retweeted or something from the singing section v Hamilton.  The words were a bit meh however it's a catchy little tune that could repeat and get louder and louder once more people start to learn it.  Fantastic! EXACTLY what we need. 

10 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Don't know if i should say this for fear of being labelled a creep or having a bit of a want about me...

BUUUT... 

A video has been promoted or retweeted or something from the singing section v Hamilton.  The words were a bit meh however it's a catchy little tune that could repeat and get louder and louder once more people start to learn it.  Fantastic! EXACTLY what we need. 

Thats brilliant

Lads were excellent on saturday. Our end was rocking and i really like some of the new songs.

Still need to knock the sectarian shite on the head though. What's the pope got to do with a scottish football team? We're not Rangers.

Don't mind the anti-IRA stuff as much but it pisses me off that it's in the Don Cowie song. It works with Lafferty but why Cowie? When it first aired last season it was 'he never gives the ball away' which was totally fine.

CornhillHearts

I posted a link on the matchday thread the other day, but it disappeared pretty quickly.

In case you missed, it Aaron's vlog gives a decent idea of the atmosphere.

cheers

Also, can we please stop singing songs to the tune of Daddy Cool by Boney M. Last year it was Tony Watt, this time it's Olly Lee. It sounds ****ing horrendous.

Here singing section lads I've a belter for you to the tune of allez Allez Allez.

We're jam tarts, we're from Gorgie,

we're Edinburgh finest team,

We hate the Edinburgh hibees

And 10 it should have been,

we beat them in the final,

And we beat them in the league,

Cause its the greatest record,

The world has ever seen......

Allez Allez Allez

Allez Allez Allez

Here’s a challenge to the young lads...

Learn this in time for the next away game... To the tune of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

(Yes that’s his real full name).

Karl An-thony Uche-chuk-wu Mub-iru Ik-pea-zu,

Came to us from Cambridge, scored a cracker on his debut,

He hates the ****ing hibees and he’s better than Lukaku,

Karl An-thony Uche-chuk-wu Mub-iru Ik-pea-zu!

If you try and stop him, you are gonna die.

Repeat verse 1 faster!

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, BigC said:

Here’s a challenge to the young lads...

Learn this in time for the next away game... To the tune of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

(Yes that’s his real full name).

Karl An-thony Uche-chuk-wu Mub-iru Ik-pea-zu,

Came to us from Cambridge, scored a cracker on his debut,

He hates the ****ing hibees and he’s better than Lukaku,

Karl An-thony Uche-chuk-wu Mub-iru Ik-pea-zu!

Repeat verse 1 faster!

?????

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, CornhillHearts said:

I posted a link on the matchday thread the other day, but it disappeared pretty quickly.

In case you missed, it Aaron's vlog gives a decent idea of the atmosphere.

cheers

Your son always seems to capture the .

moment that hearts score. 

Either he's lucky or he gets the fans to recreate the celebrations. 

Hagar the Horrible

Came back from Zagreb  after a weekend break, they are still non stop playing their world cup song and its a cracker, we should rework it

18 hours ago, boag1874 said:

I'd suggest ignoring a lot of the stuff posted on here as a lot of folks clearly have an agenda, stick with it and watch it grow!

However try to nip any potential sectarianism in the bud now before you end up in the same boat as the last section did

You have just repeated the only criticism i have seen about the singing section. Do you have an agenda??

Song to the tune of Let it Be - The Beatles

When I find myself in times of Trouble, Olly Lee he comes to me. Scoring for the Gorgie, Olly Lee!

And in my hour of darkness he is standing right in front of me. Scoring for the Gorgie, Olly Lee!

Olly Lee Olly Lee, Olly Lee, Olly Lee!

Scoring for the Gorgie, Olly Lee!

Repeat/get louder etc etc.

davemclaren
44 minutes ago, robbogoal said:

When I find myself in times of Trouble, Olly Lee he comes to me. Scoring for the Gorgie, Olly Lee!

And in my hour of darkness he is standing right in front of me. Scoring for the Gorgie, Olly Lee!

????

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

Gorgie Boys at Hamilton ?????

IMG_3764.JPG

Were you standig on the stairwell throughout the match or just for this photo?

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, robbogoal said:

That;s not bad !!

...a bit disco
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

That;s not bad !!

There was loads of these when he first signed for us.

Twitter was drowning in them.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

There was loads of these when he first signed for us.

Twitter was drowning in them.

Too old for Twitter.

I prefer my lyrics typed onto A4 paper :happy:

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Too old for Twitter.

I prefer my lyrics typed onto A4 paper :happy:

:teehee:

13 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Deary me Frank. What a truly sad existence to lead. Are you just bored and looking for something to take up your time, or do you have a score to settle? Either way, I pity you.

On topic lads, great to see your efforts being rewarded. Hope it grows into something fantastic! 

Some great song suggestions as well folks!

:thumbsup:

Fxxx the SPFL

The lad in the blue was on our train through and back and he was the one with lyrics for the Olly Lee song which I hope takes off even us old farts were joining in well me and the wife the train on the return from Bellshill to Edinburgh was rocking actually at one point I thought it was going to bounce of the tracks fair play to the young team and the Edinburgh cops on the train too.

Still can't remember the words to the song lol.

16 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Deary me Frank. What a truly sad existence to lead. Are you just bored and looking for something to take up your time, or do you have a score to settle? Either way, I pity you.

On topic lads, great to see your efforts being rewarded. Hope it grows into something fantastic! 

Think it's a fair enough comment tbf. Health and safety risk, especially in case of an emergency.

27 minutes ago, JyTees said:

?? thankyou.

11 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Think it's a fair enough comment tbf. Health and safety risk, especially in case of an emergency.

Take it you weren't at anfield when the fans stooped and sang all night and literally flew 6 rows forward when we scored... ?

Christ that moment was one of sheer joy for all fans involved

Buy I'd guess you'd be against that on the grounds of being a killjoy.

Get a life and let others get on with there's

58 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

I like you as a poster Frank...I really hope you’re kidding here?

47 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Take it you weren't at anfield when the fans stooped and sang all night and literally flew 6 rows forward when we scored... ?

Christ that moment was one of sheer joy for all fans involved

Buy I'd guess you'd be against that on the grounds of being a killjoy.

Get a life and let others get on with there's

??☝?

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

:jj_facepalm:

1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

:notsure:

We are the jambos 

play down at tynecastle 

give us the ball and we will scoreeee

Pass it to Naismith and then on to Uche

And it could end up three or fooouur

ole oleeee ole oleee

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, JyTees said:

Genuine question ??

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, HMFCSSO said:

?? thankyou.

Any chance you could just answer the question?

You really do yourself and the singing section no favours by the fact you always ignore genuine questions that posters ask of you on here.

Edited by Frank1874

3 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

They were there for the full 90 mate. Loud and proud

Alex Kintner
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:notsure:

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

I like you as a poster Frank...I really hope you’re kidding here?

It’s a genuine question. Every football game I’ve ever been to the stewards have really strongly enforced nobody being on stairwells. Some places they won’t even let you stand up if you’re in the back row ffs!

I’m genuinely surprised the stewards and police allowed ten rows of people standing on the stairs three a breast is all.

Just now, Frank1874 said:

It’s a genuine question. Every football game I’ve ever been to the stewards have really strongly enforced nobody being on stairwells. Some places they won’t even let you stand up if you’re in the back row ffs!

I’m genuinely surprised the stewards and police allowed ten rows of people standing on the stairs three a breast is all.

Motherwell on the cup was the same, it’s the only way u can see the goalmouth ???

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

They were there for the full 90 mate. Loud and proud

Cheers?? Like I said, was just curious as had never seen that before. Not having a go at anyone.

1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

Cheers?? Like I said, was just curious as had never seen that before. Not having a go at anyone.

No dramas mate ???

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Motherwell on the cup was the same, it’s the only way u can see the goalmouth ???

Not sure what you mean? Been to Fir Park loads of times and never had an issue with the view. Never sat any further back than midway up the top tier so maybe that’s what you mean

Woe betide that caper happening when I've had my usual 20 pints before a game and nature calls. 

I predict dead bodies or lots of wet youngsters, probably both.

17 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

You really do yourself and the singing section no favours by the fact you always ignore genuine questions that posters ask of you on here.

I presume he, and most otgers, presumed it wasn't a real question and just having a go

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I presume he, and most otgers, presumed it wasn't a real question and just having a go

Yeah I can see that, was just genuinely interested though.

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Woe betide that caper happening when I've had my usual 20 pints before a game and nature calls. 

I predict dead bodies or lots of wet youngsters, probably both.

:rofl:

• davemclaren locked this topic