New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Well its given you a reason to post. That do?

It’s becoming very dull having a small number of contributors saying the same thing again and again. I don’t need to answer your questions however out of courtesy I’m happy to do so. I don’t see what can add to the debate until this gets off the ground. Or indeed doesn’t.

Edited by Dr Lager

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

been here before
1 minute ago, Dr Lager said:

Its it’s becoming very dull having a small number of contributors saying the same thing again and again. I don’t need to answer your questions however out of courtesy I’m happy to do so. I don’t see what can add to the debate until this gets off the ground. Or indeed doesn’t.

So youve now posted twice on a thread you see point in posting on?

Just now, been here before said:

So youve now posted twice on a thread you see point in posting on?

Yes.

We aren’t really debating here we are just disagreeing about the merit of the thread. After 21 pages I’m just seeing the same posters repeating the same points. Free speech I suppose but I just don’t see anything fresh being posted. That being the case I don’t see any value in it. The fact I’ve answered you a couple of times doesn’t add any value to the discussion about the merits or not of a singing section.

been here before
4 minutes ago, Dr Lager said:

We aren’t really debating here we are just disagreeing about the merit of the thread. After 21 pages I’m just seeing the same posters repeating the same points. Free speech I suppose but I just don’t see anything fresh being posted. That being the case I don’t see any value in it. The fact I’ve answered you a couple of times doesn’t add any value to the discussion about the merits or not of a singing section.

Im not disagreeing about anything. I just find it rather odd your repeatedly posting on a thread you see no point in posting on, that you dont think anything fresh is being posted in without you posting anything fresh and giving answers you dont feel add value.

You bash on though.

There is a strange synergy between this thread including my posts and your username. I’ve had my say, I’m out.

HHGH

Let's hope this works out.

At least if it's sort of organized folk will take responsibility for their actions.

There is nothing to lose with this, any sectarian stuff and the club will disband the section. If it's a success then the rest of the stadium might join in with the songs.

If the organizers  have any sense they will make a rule only Hearts/football songs and only Hearts flags/scarves /banners etc. 

Leave the politics and religion out of Tynecastle.

Follow these guidelines and it could be a success.

Good on the youngsters who have progressed it to this stage. I really hope it works out, and I’m sure it will if they stick to football songs. 

17 minutes ago, Dr Lager said:

Remind me to PM you regarding any future thread topics I may want to share.

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Remind me to PM you regarding any future thread topics I may want to share.

Haha i said i wouldn’t post again! Honestly just post them! 

1 hour ago, maroonexile said:

You not got teenagers’ twitter accounts to haunt?

:cornette:

If this takes off id like to see the club offer these lads some space maybe once or twice a week where they could produce banners and the like. You'll often see other clubs fans producing 'relevant' banners (H*bs recent 'natural order' one springs to mind), keeping the whole thing fresh. Surely the club could store the materials needed to produce these things? 

I for ine would he happy to chip in evry in every so often towards the cost of these things (as I say, assuming this all takes off). 

This could be a really good move for both the young team and the club. I would like to think that the fact that the club have seen enough from these boys to give them a chance would be enough for people on here to cut them some slack. I wish them aw the best and hope they're a success. 

Edited by Mr Sifter

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

... One aim of the group should be to stop the sectarian singing at away games. Do that and you will get a lot of credit and instantly give yourselves a head start. 

That's the job of the stewards and the police. They just need to sing and ensure they stay away from that crap. They are not responsible for the support as a whole. 

I'm probably tm taking what you said a little too literally, if so apologies. 

Dagger Is Back

Good luck to those behind the idea. As others have said, stay away from the obvious and there should be no problems.

I do wonder about the Roseburn though. Does this mean these guys are restricted to Cat B STs or walk ups?

Don’t think the section should be based down the front either as any noise created disappears. 

2 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Good luck to those behind the idea. As others have said, stay away from the obvious and there should be no problems.

I do wonder about the Roseburn though. Does this mean these guys are restricted to Cat B STs or walk ups?

Don’t think the section should be based down the front either as any noise created disappears. 

It’s a trial though. If they can make a go of that for a season, then they will have earned the right to be placed in a more prominent place. If they go all weird and bigoted like the last time, then it won’t happen and not many people will have been inconvenienced.

MaskedMarauder

@HMFCSSO I noticed your JustGiving page you’ve set up to fund banners, flags etc. Can you give us a general overview of what things you’re going to be planning to buy? Also curious to know if the club have given you a list of do’s and don’t’s in regards to setting this all up? 

Best of of luck with it all and I appreciate if the club have asked you not to give out any further details but would be decent to know plans for this. 

Dagger Is Back
12 minutes ago, Ryder said:

It’s a trial though. If they can make a go of that for a season, then they will have earned the right to be placed in a more prominent place. If they go all weird and bigoted like the last time, then it won’t happen and not many people will have been inconvenienced.

And what about being restricted to Cat B tickets or am I reading this wrongly? Totally agree that it's a trial but when you undertake a trial surely you're trying to give the thing as much of a chance of success as possible. Would have been better higher up in H and wouldn't have caused the club any more hassle than sticking them in the front, rain soaked rows. Remember the last time the group were in the front rows, they got hassle from folks behind them who complained that flags were obscuring their view.

Maybe HMFCSSO can answer these points?

17 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

And what about being restricted to Cat B tickets or am I reading this wrongly? Totally agree that it's a trial but when you undertake a trial surely you're trying to give the thing as much of a chance of success as possible. Would have been better higher up in H and wouldn't have caused the club any more hassle than sticking them in the front, rain soaked rows. Remember the last time the group were in the front rows, they got hassle from folks behind them who complained that flags were obscuring their view.

I have no input in the thing one way or the other, but I would go out on a limb and hazard a guess that this set up is for them to prove that they a lot better than last time. Seems sensible to me to make them work for it for a season, no?

32 minutes ago, Ryder said:

We'll have big problem if we manage to beat hibs and Celtic at home next season as there was more than a few teenagers belting out the billy boys at these games I mentioned..

It does seem that a lot of folk think this type of singing is solely down to the young lads.

Hopefully it's a success

2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

We'll have big problem if we manage to beat hibs and Celtic at home next season as there was more than a few teenagers belting out the billy boys at these games I mentioned..

It does seem that a lot of folk think this type of singing is solely down to the young lads.

Hopefully it's a success

That problem is there regardless. It’ll be tackled by the club.

Don’t think anyone thinks it’s only the young lads. I have stated plenty times that there are a few old weirdo groomers slithering around them and begging them on. That’s the support in general though...

38 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Yes we are restricted to category B games unless overall the club sell enough season tickets to cut the old firms allocation. This is because it is a trial period for our section and if the section runs well next season then the season after we will be rewarded with category A season tickets in a better location. It was actually us that decided to go in lower H instead of upper. The reasoning behind this was that it will be much easier for the wheatfield stand and Main stands to hear us as and hopefully join in. Lower H is smaller than upper H which will let us start small and hopefully fill it, if this goes well then who knows maybe the season after we could sell out an upper section.

Edited by HMFCSSO

Dagger Is Back
6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I have no input in the thing one way or the other, but I would go out on a limb and hazard a guess that this set up is for them to prove that they a lot better than last time. Seems sensible to me to make them work for it for a season, no?

Indeed it is sensible to run a trial and give them an opportunity to prove themselves. Don't disagree with you at all.  I just think the location and the fact that they're restricted by nature of being placed in a Cat B stand, just doesn't make sense.

I'm pretty happy with a lot of the aspects of how the club is now being run but I don't think the club 'get' what being a supporter is all about and specifically what would help make this group successful.  

Dagger Is Back
2 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Yes we are restricted to category B games unless overall the club sell enough season tickets to cut the old firms allocation. This is because it is a trial period for our section and if the section runs well next season then the season after we will be rewarded with category A season tickets in a better location. It was actually us that decided to go in lower N instead of upper. The reasoning behind this was that it will be much easier for the wheatfield stand and Main stands to hear us as and hopefully join in. Lower H is smaller than upper H which will let us start small and hopefully fill it, if this goes well then who knows maybe the season after we could sell out an upper section.

Fair play. Good luck with it. I really hope it works for us. Now though I feel really stupid having had a wee dig at the club! LOL 

4 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Yes we are restricted to category B games unless overall the club sell enough season tickets to cut the old firms allocation. This is because it is a trial period for our section and if the section runs well next season then the season after we will be rewarded with category A season tickets in a better location. It was actually us that decided to go in lower N instead of upper. The reasoning behind this was that it will be much easier for the wheatfield stand and Main stands to hear us as and hopefully join in. Lower H is smaller than upper H which will let us start small and hopefully fill it, if this goes well then who knows maybe the season after we could sell out an upper section.

Love your enthusiasm and optimism. I really do want you to make a go of this. Best of luck.

Anyone remember a couple of seasons back one of the older jakey guys in the singing section constantly shouting at swearing at the folk in Section G for not joining in with his singing? He then fell running up the stairs (to a chorus of laughs) and sprints round the concourse to square go anyone he could in G :lol:

Hope that boy is part of the singing section again. Gid laugh. 

Actually iirc he ended up getting battered after the game as he was looking for a fight with anyone that would entertain his nonsense :lol:

Anyway, I digress. Best of luck, lads. Hope you don't **** it up and manage to prove folk wrong. Genuinely hope this is a decent crowd though and not the same arseholes from before.

maroonsgotop
23 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Yes we are restricted to category B games unless overall the club sell enough season tickets to cut the old firms allocation. This is because it is a trial period for our section and if the section runs well next season then the season after we will be rewarded with category A season tickets in a better location. It was actually us that decided to go in lower H instead of upper. The reasoning behind this was that it will be much easier for the wheatfield stand and Main stands to hear us as and hopefully join in. Lower H is smaller than upper H which will let us start small and hopefully fill it, if this goes well then who knows maybe the season after we could sell out an upper section.

good luck. hope it works out for you all

29 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Although being a bit of a sceptic due to the sectarian singing concerns, this is a very sensible and well thought-out statement. Good on you, HMFCSSO. I hope you can all make it work (do everything you can to make it so).

heartsfc_fan
41 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Good luck with this.

Tynecastle needs it. When you look at clubs like Motherwell they have a section for this at their home games.

Please please keep it clean and none of the sectarian pish.

Are you taking song requests? I'd love to hear some non sectarian songs for Lafferty, anyone got any ideas?

1 hour ago, HMFCSSO said:

My season ticket is in Block J, Row 7, can I sing along??!

portobellojambo1

I hope this works out. However, the only comment I'd make is that I think the lower section, in any stand, is probably the wrong place for HMFC to place it. The best place would be the back of any section within one of the stands, where if people in the section had flags, for example, it wouldn't impede on the view of anyone seated behind them. I'd also imagine that if seated towards the back of the stand any noise generated would be driven down onto the playing surface area with more impact. Just my thoughts mind you.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Shooter McGavin

If they don’t get into a drum off with away fans then they’ll be doing a lot better than the last singing section. 

Some of the displays the last lot put on looked pretty cool to be honest so if they’re going to bring lots of flags/banners etc then I’ll be looking forward to seeing what they bring. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Congratulations on getting the go ahead from the club, exciting times for yous as im sure we would all have loved to be part of something like that with the club at a young age. 

Dont **** it up or the media will be all over us, but at the same time I hope other belters singing sectarian nonsense doesn't mean yous automatically take the flak.

Hopefully Tynie is rocking all next season.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

it's really great that this section have so many people on here to tell them how they need to do things.

maybe some people from here should get involved if they have so much advice to dish out.

The Treasurer

Seems like those involved have put in a fair bit of work on this and are genuine in their reasons for wanting this to happen.

I hope, for their sake, it's not spoilt by the actions of one or two arse-holes.

queensferryjambo
19 hours ago, MaskedMarauder said:

@HMFCSSO I noticed your JustGiving page you’ve set up to fund banners, flags etc. Can you give us a general overview of what things you’re going to be planning to buy? Also curious to know if the club have given you a list of do’s and don’t’s in regards to setting this all up? 

Best of of luck with it all and I appreciate if the club have asked you not to give out any further details but would be decent to know plans for this. 

I saw the crowd funding thing as well (chucked a few quid their way as well even though I am a grumpy old man).

Can kickback possibly help out with fundraising as well MODS?

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

I saw the crowd funding thing as well (chucked a few quid their way as well even though I am a grumpy old man).

Can kickback possibly help out with fundraising as well MODS?

I'd sooner let them run for a few matches and see the behaviour before we fund them in any way.

...a bit disco

If they've got a Justgiving set up then anyone from here can donate to their hearts content.

Might be worth putting the link up if Admin allows it?

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

If they've got a Justgiving set up then anyone from here can donate to their hearts content.

Might be worth putting the link up if Admin allows it?

:clyay:

4 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

it's really great that this section have so many people on here to tell them how they need to do things.

maybe some people from here should get involved if they have so much advice to dish out.

People might get involved if they heed the advice about no sectarian singing or non Hearts flags and banners.

However if they are as confrontational as some of the posts on here indicate I'm not too confident it will end well.

22 hours ago, goggs44 said:

singing fine, but leave out the drums.

This. In fact can we ban drums for away fans also make it a level playing field. This apart good luck. 

...a bit disco
14 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

:clyay:

Couldnae no'.

:wink:

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
50 minutes ago, luckydug said:

People might get involved if they heed the advice about no sectarian singing or non Hearts flags and banners.

However if they are as confrontational as some of the posts on here indicate I'm not too confident it will end well.

I've missed them being confrontational then. 

32 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

I've missed them being confrontational then. 

‘kin’ell mate, just ****ing fill in the application form and spare us the fawning, eh? :rofl:

• davemclaren locked this topic