New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I find it all a bit sad the flack aimed at the young lads trying to create a bit atmosphere during the game. This will be the same mob that where probably accusing Budge of turning Tynie into a library and making Hearts a soft touch. Make your feckin minds up, it is only a game as they say!!

Clerry, with respect to the more reasonable among us, I find it perplexing why they would have sought an airing for this on a place like Kickback.

I could count on the fingers of one hand, threads that haven't ended up down the same, dreary road !

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

I find it all a bit sad the flack aimed at the young lads trying to create a bit atmosphere during the game. This will be the same mob that where probably accusing Budge of turning Tynie into a library and making Hearts a soft touch. Make your feckin minds up, it is only a game as they say!!

Doubt it. The last lot used the “library” chat as a reason for starting their singing section.

KineticBeat

People seem to be misinterpreting the disdain for anything sectarian / racist for KBers wanting the singing section to be like the North Korean cheerleaders at the winter Olympics. 

Yes we want an atmosphere at Tynie, yes we want the opposition to feel uncomfortable playing there, but by not resorting to sectarian, racist or behaviour of that ilk. Many are just doubtful this new group will be able to do so.

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, KineticBeat said:

People seem to be misinterpreting the disdain for anything sectarian / racist for KBers wanting the singing section to be like the North Korean cheerleaders at the winter Olympics. 

Yes we want an atmosphere at Tynie, yes we want the opposition to feel uncomfortable playing there, but by not resorting to sectarian, racist or behaviour of that ilk. Many are just doubtful this new group will be able to do so.

Innocent until proven guilty ring a bell!!

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Looks like it's happening then, good luck with it boys and girls. 

Don't let the amateur detectives put you off. 

11 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Good luck with it also.

Just hope everyone behaves.

KineticBeat
14 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Their social media presence is making them look pretty guilty already IMO. Will be the first to hold my hands up if these guys are a success.

Another thought I''ve just had... if these guys are getting put into the Roseburn, does that mean they are only being offered cat B season tickets? and therefore would have to move when we host Hibs, Celtic, Rangers etc in the league? Or are we reducing their allocation next year?

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

Their social media presence is making them look pretty guilty already IMO. Will be the first to hold my hands up if these guys are a success.

Another thought I''ve just had... if these guys are getting put into the Roseburn, does that mean they are only being offered cat B season tickets? and therefore would have to move when we host Hibs, Celtic, Rangers etc in the league? Or are we reducing their allocation next year?

I imagine that decision will be based on season ticket sales. :pimp2:

AlphonseCapone
50 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

Nah mate you're getting confused, it's only their Twitter shell company that posts dodgy stuff, not their official Twitter account.

See how it goes though eh. Like most folk, hoping for success but skeptical on past experiences. 

maroonexile
17 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

That’s much too sensible for this forum.

Its far better to judge them based on hearsay, Chinese whispers and what one member’s uncle posted on MySpace in 2004.

sorry if posted elsewhere. Has Club confirmed where this will be allocated.. Not renewed season ticket yet and would prefer to be a smidgen away from any drum.

3 minutes ago, Baldy61 said:

sorry if posted elsewhere. Has Club confirmed where this will be allocated.. Not renewed season ticket yet and would prefer to be a smidgen away from any drum.

Next season in the Roseburn on a trial basis.

Italian Lambretta

Great idea but I don't see the point of it being in the Roseburn Stand if you cant go there when we play Sellick, Rangers and the Hobos.

3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Great idea but I don't see the point of it being in the Roseburn Stand if you cant go there when we play Sellick, Rangers and the Hobos.

I assume the point is that it’s on a trial basis. I would imagine other options would be looked at if they manage to prove they can police it properly?

Club Statement out on the website now folks. Longer statement with all the information will be released in a few weeks time.

22 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Club Statement out on the website now folks. Longer statement with all the information will be released in a few weeks time.

Well done and good luck . Have you any idea of the numbers your likely to have ?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
30 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

I genuinely wish you good luck with it. Keep the sectarian nonsense out of it & it could be a great thing. 

Rodger Mellie
15 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

I genuinely wish you good luck with it. Keep the sectarian nonsense out of it & it could be a great thing. 

This.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, HMFCSSO said:

Genuinely best of luck. If the club have been impressed enough to give it a go then fair do's.

Please dont allow it to be used for sectarianism. And please hold auditions for any drummer and find one that can actually keep a beat.

18 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

7 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Good luck with it also.

Just hope everyone behaves.

All the best guys and gals!!

32 minutes ago, bringbakterracing said:

**** the doubters lads, crack on and give it plenty. Good luck . 

All of the above. Genuinely wish you all the best, please dinnae make a shop front of it. We NEED your enthusiasm at Tynie, we see how 'young teams' help create an atmosphere when things are flat on the park, and a decent singing section at Tynie will bring so much to the table. Aw the best??????

Great news. Hoping the singing section is not only noisy, but innovative and humorous too.

No pressure, but we could do with this working to improve the experience for all of us in the ground.

If any of these guys were in the group that sung continually for about 2 hours at Dumfries in 2015 then good luck.

One aim of the group should be to stop the sectarian singing at away games. Do that and you will get a lot of credit and instantly give yourselves a head start. 

Good luck,

Watch some videos of the idiots at Hibs and Motherwell and do the complete opposite.

been here before

No doubt the usual identikit mob banging a drum singing the same tunes as every other mob having watched the same videos on YeChoob.

Looking forward to When I Was Young and that Motherwell/Icelandic chant shite.

Edited by been here before

Scenes.

Genuinely cannae wait to see this in full swing.  0-0 v Ross County on a Wednesday night with the singing section in full voice...

:yas: 

maroonexile
7 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Scenes.

Genuinely cannae wait to see this in full swing.  0-0 v Ross County on a Wednesday night with the singing section in full voice...

:yas: 

You not got teenagers’ twitter accounts to haunt?

2 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Good one m9 

IdioticGlaringGopher-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Sarah O

3 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Not sure you understand how social media works if I'm being honest.

maroonexile
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Not sure you understand how social media works if I'm being honest.

Looks like I’ve rustled a few jimmies.

Just now, maroonexile said:

Not really.....but crack on.

ManxandCapeTownJambo
54 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I’d rather ban you to be honest.

:greggy:

3 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

:gok: Looks like we've rustled your jimmies.

Oh, and the bushes outside peoples houses when I'm on Twatter.  Obviously.  

LOLOLOLO!!!1!!!11  

Hope it all works out. 

Weird seeing people trying to take the piss out of young enthusiastic supporters but there you go. 

MODS is there any further point in this thread? Following today’s announcement that is. If it’s legit it will be a big success. If it’s not it will be shut down. There’s not a lot of middle ground.

been here before
4 minutes ago, Dr Lager said:

MODS is there any further point in this thread?

Well its given you a reason to post. That do?

• davemclaren locked this topic