Who's next in the door? ( merged )

kimosavi

3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Speeding along the the Forth- Clyde canal, swimming as fast as he can! ;)

He’ll be buggered at the steps cause I’ve never seen him leap that high

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind there’s still free agents after the window closes. At least that’s what I comfort myself with as it seemingly is more likely than not that no one else will come in tonight. ☹️

6 hours ago, Haken said:

Anyone else really disappointed that the ITKers have disappeared only for a frother or two to take their place?

Very. Tedious bores for snippets of info? Aye, brilliant. 

15 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Just been telt our business is done so no striker in or out.

Ah well. 

Haber not signing then? :raging:

Pretty appalling if we dont get another striker in. I was never a Sammon hater, and dont mind if he is coming back to sit on the bench. 

If Lafferty is here for the immediate future great, but we are really light otherwise. 

Isma, Stockton and Keena have all gone

Naismith is a top player, but hes not an out and out striker. 

We really need somebody else in, and it may happen yet even after the window closes, but it is beginning to feel like the last few windows, where a lot of fans were expecting a bit more

After the horlicks we've made of previous transfer windows, I'll live with less activity. 

Naismith and Mitchell look good, hopefully the defensive mid will do a job for us too. 

Just hope Kyle can avoid suspensions and keep banging them in.

When does the Chinese league window shut? We could still get a decent offer in February for Laff then we're stuffed without anyone else coming in.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So up front its Lafferty Sammon.....mibbes and Naismith. Henderson only other option

Just now, Sir Gio said:

So up front its Lafferty Sammon.....mibbes and Naismith. Henderson only other option

One up but linkup play as opposed to lumping it. Danny n skinny with Randall n Mitchell overlapping , Naismith linking and running past with the new lad and our cbs holding the fort

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

One up but linkup play as opposed to lumping it. Danny n skinny with Randall n Mitchell overlapping , Naismith linking and running past with the new lad and our cbs holding the fort

That sounds ok but we’ve no back up if there is injuries to lafferty or Naismith. We can’t expect to play the rest off the season with just two strikers at the club.

1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

That sounds ok but we’ve no back up if there is injuries to lafferty or Naismith. We can’t expect to play the rest off the season with just two strikers at the club.

No I agree if Sammon comes back then he can slot in for Laff though there is the free transfer market. May drop some agents prices for some players. 

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Aye, where did he hear it from though? 

:rolleyes5:

The guy seems to know the team before anyone else every week so I'd take his word on something like this.

14 minutes ago, daftie said:

Pretty appalling if we dont get another striker in. I was never a Sammon hater, and dont mind if he is coming back to sit on the bench. 

If Lafferty is here for the immediate future great, but we are really light otherwise. 

We really need somebody else in, and it may happen yet even after the window closes, but it is beginning to feel like the last few windows, where a lot of fans were expecting a bit more

Appalling.

:vrface:

8 minutes ago, bazman said:

Remember we can sign free agents

No really worked out for us in the past Baz has it although i would love to be proven wrong 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Tenor said:

So we got rid of Stockton and Isma...

...and we replaced them wiiiiiiiiiiith...

:confused: ?

Sammon.

Just now, Tenor said:

Tbf be better playing traffic cone ahead of isma

Just now, Tenor said:

Naismith and Danny A

Only hope I have is that Hearts haven’t tweeted that there will be no further business like they have in previous windows.

The Future's Maroon
33 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Just been telt our business is done so no striker in or out.

Totally contradicts what I have just be told in last five mins, still trying very hard to bring in someone.  

(Personally, I am guess a striker as is obvious guess)

No names, came from someone involved at the club.

Not a dig at you Shaggy.

Yep, I would use the word appalling. 

I did say we might yet sign somebody else, either tonight or a free agent, but if we don’t we are really short up front. 

17 minutes ago, daftie said:

the youth players have done no bad so far this season. Apalling ?

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Naismith and Danny A

Danny A is not a striker though, and Naismith wouldn't be played as a lone striker.

...a bit disco
Just now, The Future's Maroon said:

Totally contradicts what I have just be told in last five mins, still trying very hard to bring in someone.  

gxuM60O.gif

Don't want telt aff again!

:wink:

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Not a dig at you Shaggy.

Cheers TFM ??

1 minute ago, Tenor said:

Danny A is not a striker though, and Naismith wouldn't be played as a lone striker.

Is this Naismith who was the lone striker against hibs , Hamilton and Motherwell? I sure Danny can play through the middle too ?

Window SLAMS shut so hard it causes tsunami warnings.    That's the only klaxon we'll ever hear.   Nae mair signings.    Appalling.

1 minute ago, C-3PO said:

image.png.5199f82120262b6e33a8ef91656ae3e7.png

If he’s getting that info from Hearts then Hearts should tell us officially. 

Just now, GBJambo said:

We only have one striker for the rest of the season 

Hope Lafferty stays fit or we are fecked

At least it confirms lafferty isn’t leaving. 

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

We only have one striker for the rest of the season 

Hope Lafferty stays fit or we are fecked

Not to mention suspensions.

Looks like all our eggs on one basket with Naismith and some cost cutting around the fringes to help pay for it. 

The reliance on Lafferty and Berra in particular is a worry. A spell without or either of both and we are in shit Street 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Window SLAMS shut so hard it causes tsunami warnings.    That's the only klaxon we'll ever hear.   Nae mair signings.    Appalling.

An apalling farce.

The Future's Maroon
5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

gxuM60O.gif

Don't want telt aff again!

:wink:

?

I asked if we were done as was mentioned on here, not to his knowledge as still trying really hard to get someone in before deadline.

Also said I would post this, with no names.

(not same person who told me off last time)

7 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Not a dig at you Shaggy.

No worries. My source isn't perfect, he's been wrong a couple of times this month, but he's pretty confident we're done for tonight. 

Looks like all our eggs on one basket with Naismith and some cost cutting around the fringes to help pay for it. 

The reliance on Lafferty and Berra in particular is a worry. A spell without or either of both and we are in shit Street 

Just now, Russ1977 said:

At least it confirms lafferty isn’t leaving. 

Today. Can still leave in other countries’ windows.

That is shambolic. We are going to leave the window with less strength and depth than what we started. We already had a tight squad and are now worse.

We let Zanatta go out on loan again why ?  We really shouldn’t have done that as there is nothing surer than Kyle getting another suspension. Fingers crossed he stays injury free too

That is shambolic. We are going to leave the window with less strength and depth than what we started. We already had a tight squad and are now worse.

Isma out, Naismith in.......Stockton out, Sammon in......maybe improvement there but it still leaves us short.

Surprising that Zanatta and Keena are out on loan, we might need them.

Archived