Who's next in the door? ( merged )

kimosavi

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

The four that have come in (Naismith, Mitchell, Amankwaa and Adao) will improve us in my opinion. Additionally we have continued the purge of some of the bodies who were simply picking up a wage (Nowak, Stockton, Grzelak, Smith-Brown spring to mind!) in sorting out a squad which until recently was one big mess.

There are mixed views about the departure of Walker and Goncalves but for me the money we received was fine for both given how things had panned out. If there is one slight disappointment its that we haven't YET been able to improve our lot up front in terms of a penalty box goalscorer and that has to be the priority for the summer. Still we won a critical derby match and the St Johnstone cup game, another huge match for our season is only 10 days away. Really hoping that we can put something like our best 11 on the park for that one.....maybe along the lines of this......

McLaughlin

Hughes Berra Souttar

Randall                         Mitchell

Djoum Adao Cochrane

Naismith Lafferty

Bench:  Hamilton, Smith, Cowie, Bauben, Callachan, Milinkovic, Amankwaa

I would like you more if you weren't so wordy?

To sum up....i think....we are still a forward short? If so I agree, but no point signing a player for the sake of it like we have done for the past couple of years.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

BBC, STV & EEN reporters all saying no more business. So either they’re all wrong and one more will come in (which I would love) or this one more in is after the window shuts.

They might just mean tonight.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hush, now.

Good boy. 

Haber if you watch him in Dundee games has talent to link up hed be an upgrade on Stockton however is injury prone. Personally i think he’d do ok for us if he stayed fit. Though if you think a striker is just goals then he wouldn’t

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hush, now.

Good boy. 

Thats what I thought.. seriously strange individual you are.

1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

They might just mean tonight.

I’m sure they do mean it’s done for tonight. I’m trying to clarify dazajambo’s comments, whether the one in he’s sure of is tonight or as a free agent after the window shuts.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

So much work to do again in the summer if none of the loans stay. More upheaval.

Yeah that’s my biggest concern potentially Jon McLaughlin away to if he dosnt agree new terms 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Somehow an upgrade on Cole Stockton has become some kind of benchmark

??? spot on Marcus Haber, Cole Stockton shouldn’t be anywhere near the SPL 

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Are we a laughing stock yet?

Nah mate, we’re different gravy.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Somehow an upgrade on Cole Stockton has become some kind of benchmark

If thats aimed at me not at all , the argument many have had is we lost Stockton this window. Haber is from what iv seen of both a better player and more suited to us with the players around him. Is he ideal? - no however if hes short term cover til the summer im not against it

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Are we now that poor we need to recall Sammon and have looked at the likes of Haber. 

We have done neither......we looked at Haber and decided not to take it any further.

5 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Thats what I thought.. seriously strange individual you are.

Didn't realise you knew him.....

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Are we now that poor we need to recall Sammon and have looked at the likes of Haber. 

No as we haven’t.

12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I would like you more if you weren't so wordy?

To sum up....i think....we are still a forward short? If so I agree, but no point signing a player for the sake of it like we have done for the past couple of years.

We’re short of cover, but we’d be pretty unlucky if both main strikers were out at once. We don’t have to panic buy just for that eventuality as you say.

Spurs rely on Kane for example and “only” have  Llorente as another recognised out and out forward. Son and Alli back Kane up and I’m pretty sure Milinkovic and Danny are earmarked for those kind of roles, plus MacDonald.

If Levein was planning on a 4-4-2 we would definitely have more strikers. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bit of an anticlimactic end to an epic window. Couple of strikers short everything else though has been balanced if only temporarily. 

Roll on June 30th 

:facepalm:

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
1 minute ago, Barack said:

If I knew  “big intelligent words” I’d know what you’re on about, mate. Embrassing, for you.

Now, pop me on ignore, if you like. If, like earlier, you consider using bullying as a child as some way to try & score points over the internet, then I’d rather not converse(that means talk) with you. Kudos though for trying. 

You're boring the board, so I’d suggest some quiet time in the playroom, with your favourite carrot.

:thumbsup:

The only thing that’s embarrassing is you and I think it’s clear a few people on this forum agree.

Clearly you were bullied as a child considering the way you react to people who don’t agree with you.? finally not quite sure why now you are mentioning “carrots” but once again you are displaying your extremely strange personality I really do feel sorry for you.. I’ll try to refrain myself from disagreeing with you on future posts because clearly it opens up some old wounds sorry about that president Obama??

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

If thats aimed at me not at all , the argument many have had is we lost Stockton this window. Haber is from what iv seen of both a better player and more suited to us with the players around him. Is he ideal? - no however if hes short term cover til the summer im not against it

No wasn't aimed at your goodself in particular. It's been continuously used today on various threads. 

So.... the left back we’ve got in has been awarded two Man of the match awards, new forward has been involved in, I think, most if not all our recent goals and we’ve signed a centre mid who should free up other centre mids to create? Got rid of deadwood.And on top of that we have the 2nd best defence in the league.

Progress.

Edit. Oh and Signed a very promising risky winger/forward.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Didn't realise you knew him.....

Don’t need to he’s been at it all day judging by his ludicrous posts and very strange personality.

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Much better window than last January. 

I was happy at the time, Isma was an exciting prospect, Tziolis genuine quality, guys like Struna and Avlonitis had good track records - it's only with the benefit of hindsight we now know it was shit!

5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Much better window than last January. 

Youre info still solid about 1 more in Daz or are we done as far as you have heard?

1 minute ago, BobbyJenkins said:

So.... the left back we’ve got in has been awarded two Man of the match awards, new forward has been involved in, I think, most if not all our recent goals and we’ve signed a centre mid who should free up other centre mids to create? Got rid of deadwood.And on top of that we have the 2nd best defence in the league.

Progress.

Edit. Oh and Signed a very promising risky winger/forward.

:yas: 

I’m fairly sure we recalled Alistair Roy from dumbarton where he was on Loan and scoring goals.

another (albeit relatively inexperienced) option

26 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

The two journos could have just jumped on Shaggys comments earlier on here and went with it....They do watch forums for ITK'er posts.

(again not offence intended to you Shaggy, my comment could be proved wrong....it's a hectic/busy day for clubs)

None taken. I'd be quite flattered if Jamie and Chris McLaughlin felt they could rely on my info! :D

Mind you, even I hope I'm wrong.

Surprised given how well we have recruited in other areas that we have left ourselves so exposed up front. It's only exacerbated by loaning out Zanatta. Very strange, especially as Lafferty loves a booking and Naismith has tendinitis.   Isma, for all his faults, was a threat and someone who could lead the line (to varying degrees).

2 minutes ago, CMc said:

Did nothing g happen with the Sylvester guy?

Signed for Beitar Jeruselum yesterday.

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

No wasn't aimed at your goodself in particular. It's been continuously used today on various threads. 

No worries , Iv seen it since we were “linked” to him however I think if you step back and compare the two if them. Stockton has left is Haber a better player and more suited to how we are looking to play then yes. Thats just my opinion though from what iv seen of him. In that regards much as Id love better its a step up from Stockton and more useful for our squad therefore as a short term solution there is worse options the club could look at. 

This place is how it is tho. Sure we had a massive thread about Buckatoo before he went to Dundee and how he maybe the answer to our problems. Footballs all about opinions and beating Hibs

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good window IMO. Dross removal is 90% complete.

Would rather play 4-6-0 than have a useless Haber or Sammon up front as well.

Are you able to elaborate now on who the player was we were talking to that was going to excite the fans a la Naismith?

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

DU5nYiqWsAAxdMS.jpg

Naismith And Mitchell signed up Already.

Incredible and speaks absolute volumes about our club. 

Fantastic stuff. 

12 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

The only thing that’s embarrassing is you and I think it’s clear a few people on this forum agree.

Clearly you were bullied as a child considering the way you react to people who don’t agree with you.? finally not quite sure why now you are mentioning “carrots” but once again you are displaying your extremely strange personality I really do feel sorry for you.. I’ll try to refrain myself from disagreeing with you on future posts because clearly it opens up some old wounds sorry about that president Obama??

I quite like the dude, very presidential. Who the **** are you?

EDIT sorry, I don't often fish, couldn't help it! :teehee:

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Signed for Beitar Jeruselum yesterday.

Thanks.

Either too expensive or we were chasing better?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
2 minutes ago, Takis4king said:

Are you able to elaborate now on who the player was we were talking to that was going to excite the fans a la Naismith?

Noooo don't you know how amazingly dangerous that is? People could die. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I quite like the dude, very presidential. Who the **** are you?

Donald Trump.

...a bit disco
Just now, sadj said:

???? i ****ing love our lot...

Two out & out Jambos and 2 just in the door.

What a club.

:sob:

Just now, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Noooo don't you know how amazingly dangerous that is? People could die. 

????

whas your take done for tonight? Or looking to bring someone in from a free if theres anyone worth it

Archived