Who's next in the door? ( merged )

kimosavi

5 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

Just keep happy clapping along. We have done decent business in other areas but to come out of this window with our striking options as they are is complete incompetence from the club.

Eh? We could do with one more forward but are now stronger in the striking areas. Naismith for Isma and even sammon for stockton are upgrades, plus the addition of Mitchell as almost an auxilary winger and Amankwaa as a new attacker.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Is this Naismith who was the lone striker against hibs , Hamilton and Motherwell? I sure Danny can play through the middle too ?

So Isma never played against Hibs? And Moore never played against Hamilton?

Naismith isn't best used as a lone striker.

Captain America

Keep reading that Sammon is upgrade on Stockton or Sammon is back but I haven't seen anything official stating he is back so where are people getting this information?

Just now, C-3PO said:

Keep reading that Sammon is upgrade on Stockton or Sammon is back but I haven't seen anything official stating he is back so where are people getting this information?

THIS.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

In:

Irving

Naismith

Mitchell

Danny

Swiss lad

Sammon????? ??‍♂️

Out:

lots of dross plus

Smith-Brown

Isma

Walker

id say stronger by a mile than we were , extra striker would be great but compared to recent windows ??

Wasn’t talking about strength, we’re defo stronger.  Was talking about depth.  More have left than have come in.

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Daz says one more in. I dont doubt him. 

If not then the Fish will need to be our back-up striker in the run in. 

So Daz knows more than J Borthwick of STV and C McLaughlin of BBC . 

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

An incompetent shambolic apalling farce.

Very underwhelming comment Ryder!

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Why are so many saying we have one striker. We had laff, isma , Stockton. We now have laff, Naismith and Danny. 

Danny is a natural winger Naismith I think is better at CAM suppose could play striker if asked if Lafferty gets injured makes us vulnerable to over playing Naismith who certainly can be injuey prone badly needed another striker really.

I also believe CL knows what he is doing. My fear however is that come the summer we need a full rebuild again. For the third season in

a row. 

The full rebuild needed because we have 6 loan deals (might be more). 

I realise times are changing, player turnover is greater and increasingly English clubs use Scotland to loan out their players, but we need to get more continuity from the summer onwards.

on the plus side we should have a very large budget to go after players in the summer.  

Clark Griswold
Just now, Wilson said:

I suspect Borthers is going by the bbc tweet, just the way he phrased it. Hope Daz is correct and means one in tonight.

An incompetent shambolic apalling farce.

Omg all the concomitant worries from the incompetant shambolic appalling shambles of a farce

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, Wilson said:

I would actually say yes to this.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

I’ll keep clapping, ta.

Much rather have that on my conscience, than actively stating you’d rather have a hooligan, IRA-loving scumbag *****, like Stokes in my team.

Says more about your agenda than anything else, chum. :thumbsup: 

Get a grip man. All I stated was that Haber is so bad id rather have him. Its not as if im actively advocating signing him.  As for the agenda comment the fact you cannot see we are short up front and are unable to accept the club may have messed up says more about your agenda.

Just now, Wilson said:

Dont know if he does or doesnt. He will have been told by his contact that theres another inbound. Same as the BBC will have been told thats it for today. 

I think he has a decent ITK record. 

2 minutes ago, Wilson said:

So Daz knows more than J Borthwick of STV  . 

Sorted that far more relevant question.... however Jamie was days behind with some transfer news that daz etc brought us

3 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Going on previous I would say YES

AuldReekie444
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Omg all the concomitant worries from the incompetant shambolic appalling shambles of a farce

cofveve

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Wasn’t talking about strength, we’re defo stronger.  Was talking about depth.  More have left than have come in.

I think all the ones i left out really are not relevant to depth. Stronger and we have a lot of kids who can come in and arent flustered. I know i learnt fast training with old good pros faster than I did anything else. Add to that the game time theyll get beside them. Thats not a bad position to be in

The Future's Maroon

The two journos could have just jumped on Shaggys comments earlier on here and went with it....They do watch forums for ITK'er posts.

(again not offence intended to you Shaggy, my comment could be proved wrong....it's a hectic/busy day for clubs)

3 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I would actually say yes to this.

I hope you’re right . 

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Targets according to Levein at the start of the window. Forward, Winger and midfielder.......... .. .. .........And we have signed????????

The four that have come in (Naismith, Mitchell, Amankwaa and Adao) will improve us in my opinion. Additionally we have continued the purge of some of the bodies who were simply picking up a wage (Nowak, Stockton, Grzelak, Smith-Brown spring to mind!) in sorting out a squad which until recently was one big mess.

There are mixed views about the departure of Walker and Goncalves but for me the money we received was fine for both given how things had panned out. If there is one slight disappointment its that we haven't YET been able to improve our lot up front in terms of a penalty box goalscorer and that has to be the priority for the summer. Still we won a critical derby match and the St Johnstone cup game, another huge match for our season is only 10 days away. Really hoping that we can put something like our best 11 on the park for that one.....maybe along the lines of this......

McLaughlin

Hughes Berra Souttar

Randall                         Mitchell

Djoum Adao Cochrane

Naismith Lafferty

Bench:  Hamilton, Smith, Cowie, Bauben, Callachan, Milinkovic, Amankwaa

AlphonseCapone
6 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Demonstrably.

2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

The two journos could have just jumped on Shaggys comments earlier on here and went with it....They do watch forums for ITK'er posts.

(again not offence intended to you Shaggy, my comment could be proved wrong....it's a hectic/busy day for clubs)

Fair to say that with the hours CL n AM put in theyll go to the last second to do something

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Please explain

Okay. I’m mashing all the hyperbolic adjectives and phrases used in this thread together to make myself seem as irate as possible. Seeing as there aren’t going to be any more signings (apparently), and I’m easily distracted and amused.

Okay. I’m mashing all the hyperbolic adjectives and phrases used in this thread together to make myself seem as irate as possible. Seeing as there aren’t going to be any more signings (apparently), and I’m easily distracted and amused.

Ta

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yes. 

Clearly lots of confidence in Daz . I should pay more attention!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

The four that have come in (Naismith, Mitchell, Amankwaa and Adao) will improve us in my opinion. Additionally we have continued the purge of some of the bodies who were simply picking up a wage (Nowak, Stockton, Grzelak, Smith-Brown spring to mind!) in sorting out a squad which until recently was one big mess.

There are mixed views about the departure of Walker and Goncalves but for me the money we received was fine for both given how things had panned out. If there is one slight disappointment its that we haven't YET been able to improve our lot up front in terms of a penalty box goalscorer and that has to be the priority for the summer. Still we won a critical derby match and the St Johnstone cup game, another huge match for our season is only 10 days away. Really hoping that we can put something like our best 11 on the park for that one.....maybe along the lines of this......

McLaughlin

Hughes Berra Souttar

Djoum Adao Cochrane

Naismith Lafferty

Hughes out Amankwaa in

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

McLaughlin

Hughes Berra Souttar

Djoum Adao Cochrane

Naismith Lafferty

I agree. We now have less depth but more quality. A reasonable window imo. A lot of the depth we lost was illusory anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Tenor said:

So Isma never played against Hibs? And Moore never played against Hamilton?

Naismith isn't best used as a lone striker.

More likely we’ll be looking at a 4-3-3 in quite a few games with the likes of milikivic, Macdonald and Amankwaa (and Naismith if he’s not the striker) supporting a main striker. In other games I think we’ll look wide with Mitchell and Randall rather than hitting a target man.

There’s no doubt we have more options now. We really need Djoum to get back to top form though in the middle.

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Clearly lots of confidence in Daz . I should pay more attention!

Barry Anderson is wrong as well ...

22 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

CL went into the market for a defensive midfielder, a left back, a winger and a striker. We have done all of these.

One more player to come in. 

BBC, STV & EEN reporters all saying no more business. So either they’re all wrong and one more will come in (which I would love) or this one more in is after the window shuts.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

I know fine well what you said. You seemed happy enough when it was rumoured Sammon was on the way back, & yet now, when looks like he isn’t, & the balance of strikers tips the other way...you’ve lost your shit. Supposedly.

Happy not to have a ****tard like Stokes anywhere near Hearts. Give me a shite Haber, over that rat anytime.

But, you carry on with the deflection my good fellow.

Give it a rest ?? all you do is wind people up on this forum it’s embrassing.. Why would hearts want to take Haber? are you seriously till talking about him! In terms of quality Stokes is miles ahead of ‘haber’ in an ideal

world if stokes wasn’t the way he was then a Naismith Lafferty & Stokes attack would be seriously impressive.

1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

More likely we’ll be looking at a 4-3-3 in quite a few games with the likes of milikivic, Macdonald and Amankwaa (and Naismith if he’s not the striker) supporting a main striker. In other games I think we’ll look wide with Mitchell and Randall rather than hitting a target man.

There’s no doubt we have more options now. We really need Djoum to get back to top form though in the middle.

Agreed we were 4-3-3 second half last night but it was a fluid 4-3-3

Archived