Another Mass Shooting in America

milky_26

Sexton Hardcastle

There’s a pro madden player on twitter who earlier today mentioned being in the mood to kill. Assume he meant play well at the game. He was playing today.

People have found this tweet  and suddenly there’s a lot of heat on him as the alleged shooter.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peter_hmfc

• Sharpie

• Jambo-Jimbo

• The Internet

They'll simply blame this on computer games and probably do some sort of crackdown on them (never mind that this was an NFL game and not a violent shooter)

gun control wont even get a mention

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

They'll simply blame this on computer games and probably do some sort of crackdown on them (never mind that this was an NFL game and not a violent shooter)

gun control wont even get a mention

All Kaepernick’s fault. 

People dead, others injured, a Sunday afternoon pastime ends in tragedy, what gets me is the tragedy of all of us, we were about to sit down for lunch when the news came through, my wife a very feeling person with empathy for anyone who has misfortune looks at the TV as she sat down and said with no emotion, no surprise, "oh four people killed, others hurt in another shooting" as if it said rain tomorrow, thats what all this insanity has done to us the human race, we have become complacent to tragedy because nothing is being done about it. Nothing new about violence, death by violence has become every day, sometimes it is a good feeling to be old with the season ticket close to expiry, its not a nice world.

1 minute ago, bobsharp said:

People dead, others injured, a Sunday afternoon pastime ends in tragedy, what gets me is the tragedy of all of us, we were about to sit down for lunch when the news came through, my wife a very feeling person with empathy for anyone who has misfortune looks at the TV as she sat down and said with no emotion, no surprise, "oh four people killed, others hurt in another shooting" as if it said rain tomorrow, thats what all this insanity has done to us the human race, we have become complacent to tragedy because nothing is being done about it. Nothing new about violence, death by violence has become every day, sometimes it is a good feeling to be old with the season ticket close to expiry, its not a nice world.

That's a very poignant post Bob, but I reckon the world is a better place with guys like you around, that season ticket's got plenty of games to go yet.

Dagger Is Back
11 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I hear you Bob especially that last sentence. You have many more plays left in you and as long as the world has guys like you, there’s hope 

Already trotting out the "mental illness" repertoire.

Nothing will be done about guns.

Nothing will be done about health care regardless.

Video games might be desperately blamed but nothing will be done as it's too lucrative a market.

Repeat onto the next mass-shooting, which was today in Arkansas, 1 dead 3 injured.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45450558

Off duty cop thinks she's walked into her own flat. Was someone else's flat. She shoots the black occupant anyway. 

She was on the wrong floor and her key wouldn’t open the door and when he opened the door in his underwear she shot him dead. Why is their first reaction to pull out a gun and shoot?

I have a friend who 6’4” and African American living in Texas, I truly fear for his life. 

25 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

She was on the wrong floor and her key wouldn’t open the door and when he opened the door in his underwear she shot him dead. Why is their first reaction to pull out a gun and shoot?

I have a friend who 6’4” and African American living in Texas, I truly fear for his life. 

Why

16 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Why

Why do I fear for his life? I think that’s pretty clear.  He’s lost a family member and a friend, they did nothing wrong, apart from have the wrong coloured skin. I know it could be him. That’s why.

17 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Why do I fear for his life? I think that’s pretty clear.  He’s lost a family member and a friend, they did nothing wrong, apart from have the wrong coloured skin. I know it could be him. That’s why.

Were they shot by police officers?

1 hour ago, Helzibob said:

Bit over dramatic I’d say. 

1 hour ago, Junta said:

I was pleasantly surprised to open this bumped thread for it not to be a mass shooting.

Mass-shooting in Ohio a few days ago, 3 dead 2 injured.

Perpetrator had "hundreds of rounds of ammunition".

In the relevant case the Police Chief has asked the State Police to take over the investigation. They are checking the relationship between the perpetrator and the deceased, they are also checking her for alcohol and drugs. There was no mention on here about the shooting in Florida last week, two dead several wounded, the shooter took his own life. I am not sure if it was the Ohio shooting mentioned but there was another shooting where the first reports were of many shots being fired, later news reported it was actually a gunfight involving numerous persons.

There are so many reasons for these incidents now, racial, mental health, gangs, and a President who with his rhetoric refuses to be proactive in analysing and solving the problems. About two weekends ago there were fifty nine violent deaths, many in black communities, black on black in Detroit.

Gun control is always  the prime solution, Canada is contemplating banning handguns and automatic weapons. Last week at the Osoyoos border  crossing over a hundred weapons, all full automatic, some of them with the stamp U.S. Government, weapons that are only available on issue by the U.S. military. These go to the numerous gangs, no control law will stop this, only efficient border checks. Osoyoos is where I lived a very small border, no direct U.S major highway, and there are simil;ar and larger by the hundreds all across Canada.

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

In the relevant case the Police Chief has asked the State Police to take over the investigation. They are checking the relationship between the perpetrator and the deceased, they are also checking her for alcohol and drugs. There was no mention on here about the shooting in Florida last week, two dead several wounded, the shooter took his own life. I am not sure if it was the Ohio shooting mentioned but there was another shooting where the first reports were of many shots being fired, later news reported it was actually a gunfight involving numerous persons.

There are so many reasons for these incidents now, racial, mental health, gangs, and a President who with his rhetoric refuses to be proactive in analysing and solving the problems. About two weekends ago there were fifty nine violent deaths, many in black communities, black on black in Detroit.

Gun control is always  the prime solution, Canada is contemplating banning handguns and automatic weapons. Last week at the Osoyoos border  crossing over a hundred weapons, all full automatic, some of them with the stamp U.S. Government, weapons that are only available on issue by the U.S. military. These go to the numerous gangs, no control law will stop this, only efficient border checks. Osoyoos is where I lived a very small border, no direct U.S major highway, and there are simil;ar and larger by the hundreds all across Canada.

99% of all guns confiscated from crimes in Canada were traced back to the US, including the one in the recent Danforth shooting.

American guns are killing their neighbours, but they don't care.

Edited by peter_hmfc

24 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

99% of all guns confiscated from crimes in Canada were traced back to the US, including the one in the recent Danforth shooting.

American guns are killing their neighbours, but they don't care.

They don't care because it's all about the money always has been always will be, it's the same in the US as well, nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, but everything to do with the money gun sales make.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They don't care because it's all about the money always has been always will be, it's the same in the US as well, nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, but everything to do with the money gun sales make.

Are you saying Canadians don't care about gun deaths because the money is king.

I wouldn't say so.

45 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

I wouldn't say so.

We all know the answer Peter, but wont happen, On another note watched Ross Kemp with the gun squad 

in Birmingham, quite scary if truth be told, drugs and guns go hand in hand, Britain is certainly not that safe.

1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

I wouldn't say so.

No, that's not what I'm saying, I was meaning that the whole gun industry/lobby/NRA are putting profits way before any concerns of who gets their guns or where the guns go or indeed what they may well be used for.

On 9 September 2018 at 17:40, Jambo-Jimbo said:

No, that's not what I'm saying, I was meaning that the whole gun industry/lobby/NRA are putting profits way before any concerns of who gets their guns or where the guns go or indeed what they may well be used for.

Genuine query for all - as far as I know NRA members are the most 'responsible' owners and don't generally do sprees. Open carry rural areas like Wyoming have lowest homicide rates and conversely highest control areas have the highest homicide rates. How do you square this circle whilst making NRA the bogeymen  - surely they just their dig their heels further in? I don't see a strategy here. Lastly, comparing them to countries like us with vastly different history and gun culture let alone black market availability seems a non starter too. And this is all before you start talking 2ndA issues...

2 hours ago, Mark M said:

Genuine query for all - as far as I know NRA members are the most 'responsible' owners and don't generally do sprees. Open carry rural areas like Wyoming have lowest homicide rates and conversely highest control areas have the highest homicide rates. How do you square this circle whilst making NRA the bogeymen  - surely they just their dig their heels further in? I don't see a strategy here. Lastly, comparing them to countries like us with vastly different history and gun culture let alone black market availability seems a non starter too. And this is all before you start talking 2ndA issues...

I typed out a whole ****ing paragraph but then the internet went down and it didn't send so here the half-arsed version.

Chicago - High homicide rate, tough gun laws but people go to other places to get them (p7). NRA love to go on about this. No this does not prove a bad guy will get a gun, it just shows how polluted the US is with them.

Missouri - Very lax gun laws, St. Louis is the murder capital of the country, 60 homicides per 100k (the UK is 1.2 estimated). The NRA won't say that.

If their culture allows an 18 year old to buy a semi-automatic rifle that's their problem and that's for them to deal with. Thankfully we have more sense.

Edited by peter_hmfc

3 hours ago, Mark M said:

Is that so?

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/02/21/states-most-and-least-gun-violence-see-where-your-state-stacks-up/359395002/

The NRA also do things like oppose attempts to prevent people that are on the no-fly list from obtaining guns.

Edited by Stokesy

2 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Clearly not. Cheers for that. More than happy to revise my assumptions.

No problem. I had no idea of the stats. Quite interesting though. There aren't many states with no requirement for a permit, so I'm not sure if some sort of statistical significance can actually be derived from the data. There's also the question of whether suicides should be treated separately from homicides. But, from a quick glance through, although Alaska definitely stands out like a sore thumb, I don't see much correlation either way. Perhaps some statistician has worked it out though.

• 1 month later...

So far at least twelve people shot including three police officers, possibly eight or more dead. Suspect arrested, armed with AK type rifle and handguns. Just a normal day in the United States, nothing to see here, keep moving.

Just listening to Trump on this yet another shooting

”I’m waiting on the results coming in about the shooting” 

results!! :cornette:

:facepalm:

Just watched the president in his statesman like way answering a question that as a result of another shooting should gun laws be revisited, he responded to the question by not answering it but suggesting that the synagogue probably should have had someone there to guard against such incidents.  Thats right what Americans need is armed guards in their places of worship, I have used all my insulting terms at some time for this man, I just have nothing left that would adequately describe him.

15 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Just watched the president in his statesman like way answering a question that as a result of another shooting should gun laws be revisited, he responded to the question by not answering it but suggesting that the synagogue probably should have had someone there to guard against such incidents.  Thats right what Americans need is armed guards in their places of worship, I have used all my insulting terms at some time for this man, I just have nothing left that would adequately describe him.

He's not the problem. The problem are the millions of right wing halfwits who vote for him.

All that having an armed guard does is ensure that this guard is the first to die and then gives an attacker an extra weapon to use.

There have been mass shootings before where armed guards were present and this is exactly what happened.

28 minutes ago, Cade said:

Strange that white shooters get taken into custody but black and muslim shooters get riddled with bullets at the scene.

It may have something to do with the whites having a lack of sincerity what they are doing, the Muslims bad as they are are usually dedicated to their cause, and the blacks  figure f... it  I am going to get blown away anyway so I may as well take somebody with me.

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Strange that white shooters get taken into custody but black and muslim shooters get riddled with bullets at the scene.

Do you have any evidence of this ? 

1 hour ago, Cade said:

All that having an armed guard does is ensure that this guard is the first to die and then gives an attacker an extra weapon to use.

There have been mass shootings before where armed guards were present and this is exactly what happened.

Washington Shipyard for example.

11 dead. 

No biggie. More will probably die in Chicago tonight. Thoughts and prayers etc..

Edited by Peebo

1 hour ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Do you have any evidence of this ? 

Aurora, Santa Fe, Stoneman Douglas, Capital Gazette, Nashville Waffle House, Marshall County, all white perps, all taken alive.

That's just the ones I could be bothered to look up.

44 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Washington Shipyard for example.

And the Colorado Springs planned parenthood centre.

Had an armed cop on duty outside.

Geoff the Mince
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Aurora, Santa Fe, Stoneman Douglas, Capital Gazette, Nashville Waffle House, Marshall County, all white perps, all taken alive.

no doubt there are plently incidents of black and Muslim shooters who are taken alive .

Again the first reponding police officers, are commended for their bravery in carrying out the rescue of some who were in danger, swat team members wounded whilst taking down the shooter who was also wounded. At one point one of the reporters on the station commented on the police officers who immediately reacted and proceeded to the sound of the gunfire. Contrary to some this is what I feel I should be reading about police officers and not that they hid around a corner or in a locked car. Eleven people dead, fortunately no children, but there just seems to be no end to it. The guy has an assault weapon and numerous handguns. One expert explained the effect of a round from the assault weapon. On first strike it creates a dent in the body it then starts to tumble breaks through the skin, and proceeds to rip muscle, damage organs, break bone and usually emerge through the other side. The treatment is major everything has to be treated and the stress on medical staff is intense as other victims arrive. All because some sick person can obtain these weapons and proceed to inflict his hate on innocent victims, yet people like the NRA and politicians for their own reasons refuse to engage in discussion  about how to reduce the availability. So sad.

4 hours ago, Cade said:

Muslim shooters are almost always Jihadis in which case they want to die for their religion, hence they will try harder to bring about their death. White people wouldn't have this motivation so would probably just think "Ah **** it." and give themselves up.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Holmes apparently gave himself up after the attack (where his ammo-drum jammed).

Jarrod Ramos was found hiding from police.

Nikolas Cruz was unarmed having fled the school.

Travis Reinking fled half-naked and was found unarmed in a field days later.

Gabe Parker was only 15.

Ultimately the police want to take everyone alive, but circumstances are different for each attack. They didn't shoot the NYC truck attacker or the subway bomber (who were jihadis), nor did they shoot the Burnette Chapel shooter (who was black).

Edited by peter_hmfc