Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

Siphiwe Tshabalala
14 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Don't get the nasty stuff ?

Back on topic has he gone ?

Genuinely wasn't being nasty, I live in the North West too! 

i hope he goes on to do well, wherever that may be. Looks good on our clubs behalf.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, Jamos said:

I visit Prestbury regularly, as the Mrs is from there ... stunning place and only a 3 mile jaunt to the McDonalds in Macclesfield if you fancy slumming it in your joggers for a day ;)

Used to drive around Cheshire when my daughter lived in Wilmslow . Both Prestbury and Knutsford were also memorable places. 

John Findlay
26 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Wigan is a shi**hole :laugh:

Im sure Jamie will have a great time :rofl: 

Great run ashore as is Hull.

If he moves there, why does anyone think he would live in Wigan? Just like our own Gary Locke when he moved to Bradford ... Harrogate was the choice and is a very nice place indeed. Like most footballers in the North West he will end up in a nice part of Cheshire., 30ish miles from Wigan to Prestbury and Alderley Edge. Would take just over 40 mins in the shiny new fast car his wage increase would afford him.

On 31/12/2017 at 08:06, red said:

Sorry but In my opinion he’s been nowhere near our best player, there have been times when the whole team has been rank and he’s been the best out of a bad bunch but there’s no way he’s been our best performer this season or last! 

Again in the boy is a wonderful footballer but his head is turned and he is almost like a man down when his head isn’t in the game and if you can’t see that his head hasn’t been in the game for over a year now then there’s no point in is debating. Everyone’s opinion is different I guess but I’d love you to highlight more than 4 games over the past 12 months where he has played at his very best

That won't happen as he's been anonymous for about 18 months. 

I'll be happy for good times he's given us, but happier if we can move him on and have a player that is hungry and wants to be here instead.

Wigan Athletic's annual running costs were around £30m. Simple calculations suggest that most of the senior players in that squad would have been earning salaries around £1m. Where do I sign up to be a donut ;)

24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Great run ashore as is Hull.

commissioned the Sheffield in Hull (F96). wicked night out in the very late 80's

4 minutes ago, Jamos said:

Wigan Athletic's annual running costs were around £30m. Simple calculations suggest that most of the senior players in that squad would have been earning salaries around £1m. Where do I sign up to be a donut ;)

I'd be very surprised if a player in League One is earning £20k per week 

We won't miss Walker on his form over the last twelve months but why all the hate talk....?

All the best Jamie.

Rabbie_Burns
46 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Only 30 minutes or so in the car to beautiful parts of Cheshire including Wilmslow and Alderley Edge

Indeed. We enjoyed living in Wilmslow for three years when I worked at nearby Manchester Airport and very nice part of the country it is too. A lot of footballers lived in the surrounding towns of Alderley Edge, Prestbury etc

From season 15/16 (the first in league one) Several players are earning over 20K per week with two earning over 30K per week

http://celebrityglad.com/wigan-athletic-fc-roster-salaries-most-recently-formed-club/

From that table you can then work out that as the contracts are running down the ones that are into 2017 are down to around the 8k-10k mark, so Jamie would most likely be looking at 10K per week basic, before media rights, win bonuses, goal bonuses etc. Could easily make it to 20K per week if he applies himself as we know he can.

Edited by Jamos

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

commissioned the Sheffield in Hull (F96). wicked night out in the very late 80's

1984 on Hms Fife and 1987 on Hms Andromeda. Mega hangovers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A shame Jamies time was when the club had struggles.

I wish him all the best. Not his fault he is thick

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Jamos said:

From season 15/16 (the first in league one) Several players are earning over 20K per week with two earning over 30K per week

http://celebrityglad.com/wigan-athletic-fc-roster-salaries-most-recently-formed-club/

From that table you can then work out that as the contracts are running down the ones that are into 2017 are down to around the 8k-10k mark, so Jamie would most likely be looking at 10K per week basic, before media rights, win bonuses, goal bonuses etc. Could easily make it to 20K per week if he applies himself as we know he can.

If the physio is on bonus work he'll be rubbing his hands at the thought of this lightweight joining.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

1984 on Hms Fife and 1987 on Hms Andromeda. Mega hangovers.

Women are harder than the blokes

You'll have no doubt visited Romeo and Juliet's and the many other high class establishments in Hull.  Went there in 83 on the Gurkha and then 98 on the Brum

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If the physio is on bonus work he'll be rubbing his hands at the thought of this lightweight joining.

Sadly from my own experience of dealing with professional clubs, the only people on anything close to decent money are the senior players and the manager. Everyone else is expected to work for a pittance and a couple of season tickets.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Women are harder than the blokes

You'll have no doubt visited Romeo and Juliet's and the many other high class establishments in Hull.  Went there in 83 on the Gurkha and then 98 on the Brum

When on the Fife. Romeo and Juliet's put a free dance on for the ship's company. There was more dogs their that night than Battersea. Not referring to the ship's company ;)

59 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Forgot he turned down the chance to move to Betis...

Just about sums the guy up really

This.  He has no ambition.  Although to be fair he probably would have got homesick after 1 day in Spain.

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

When on the Fife. Romeo and Juliet's put a free dance on for the ship's company. There was more dogs their that night than Battersea. Not referring to the ship's company ;)

Had to take one for the team in Hull.

Mother, while one of my lads done the daughter - daughter obviously had her father's looks

John Findlay
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Had to take one for the team in Hull.

Mother, while one of my lads done the daughter - daughter obviously had her father's looks

Bet they never made the Gronk board:laugh:. Never took one for the team in Hull. Prized my todger to much for that;)

14 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

This.  He has no ambition.  Although to be fair he probably would have got homesick after 1 day in Spain.

Still trying to get my head around someone preferring to live and work in Glasgow or Wigan, as opposed to Andalusia. :lol:

F31D8304-C251-42BE-8E1B-A9D2D9E54961.jpeg

Just now, Ryder said:

Still trying to get my head around someone preferring to live and work in Glasgow or Wigan, as opposed to Andalusia. :lol:

Do you not live in Aberdeen?

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Bet they never made the Gronk board:laugh:. Never took one for the team in Hull. Prized my todger to much for that;)

The mother did!!!

11 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

All the best to him, players come players go, it’s a constant in our game.

This for me. Met him a couple of times and he was happy to chat away. Glad he ain’t going to Rangers

mulleted_jambo

Did he definitely get an offer from betis?

As far as I was aware from speaking to someone that knows him well he was keen on a move to Spain. Maybe the offer just wasn’t at the right time if there was one. 

All the best to him wherever he ends up. 

GorgieRulesApply

don't really get the hate for Jamie on here, footballers careers are very short and they need to provide for families so understandably he is pushing for a move to considerably increase his salary by 4/5 times. if anyone on here claims that they would reject a job offer from another company to quadruple their salary then they're lying. he has given his all in maroon and helped us romp the championship and return back to where we belong and i will certainly be wishing him well when he leaves

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Forgot he turned down the chance to move to Betis...

Just about sums the guy up really

What offer sure they were  looking at him but can't recall any offer getting knocked back 

7 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Looks nice is that the house he was promised.

You along with others have been a bit nasty about Walker.

As far as I can see he put his family first.

Looking for more dough to set them up in what is a short career.

Some people's dislike of Rangers have turned them into the very bigots they claim to despise.

That in turn has made them nasty towards walker.

He I think I cannot know thought Gasgow his best option for more money and family upheaval.

The situation has changed .

I for one wish Walker well.

And if he goes and plays for Wigan or whoever he will still be getting paid for something I can only dream of.

He is a good player that needs to do some sprint training.

He was with a group of players that travelled with us through troubled times.

Good luck Walker I can only apologise for the bigots with agendas .

Oooft I loved typing that

?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, jake said:

Some people's dislike of Rangers have turned them into the very bigots they claim to despise.

He I think I cannot know thought Gasgow his best option for more money and family upheaval.

And if he goes and plays for Wigan or whoever he will still be getting paid for something I can only dream of.

?

You typed that?

Hearts never received an offer from Betis, so saying he turned it down is nonsense.  He was interested in that move when it was going around but it never got round to a solid offer.

2 minutes ago, jake said:

?

Boo-hoo. :(

Sprint training, aye? Would have thought that was something he could have maybe thought about already, if that’s all that’s missing from his game.

GorgieRules22

Aye unfortunately we have some morons in our support. He goes with my best wishes when he does go. 

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Hearts never received an offer from Betis, so saying he turned it down is nonsense.  He was interested in that move when it was going around but it never got round to a solid offer.

Shame. Maybe Houldesworth needs to get his finger out a wee bit. 

4 minutes ago, jake said:

?

Very well put

Some of the stuff posted on here is crazy the main one being that hes thick as ****.

The guy plays football for a living he was offered a wage from hearts to sign a new deal.

He knocks back that deal moves to another club and earns more money in the process no bad for a thick **** .

At the end of the day he been a good player for hearts and if we can produce players of his quality in the future we'll be doing no bad 

Good luck to him in the future and time to move on 

Just now, Ryder said:

Shame. Maybe Houldesworth needs to get his finger out a wee bit. 

You're the one running around comparing Seville to Wigan.  All I'm saying is it's a nonsense comparison, he never turned that move down.

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

You're the one running around comparing Seville to Wigan.  All I'm saying is it's a nonsense comparison, he never turned that move down.

I’m actually sitting down. Hey, it’s not my fault he never got an offer. He would need to look closer to home to apportion blame on that one. Oh well.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Then may I offer my humblest apologies!

I should think so too! ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Very well put

Some of the stuff posted on here is crazy the main one being that hes thick as ****.

The guy plays football for a living he was offered a wage from hearts to sign a new deal.

He knocks back that deal moves to another club and earns more money in the process no bad for a thick **** .

At the end of the day he been a good player for hearts and if we can produce players of his quality in the future we'll be doing no bad 

Woh woh woh  :)

I wished him all the best, I have no hard feelings, but money isn't everything you know :thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Do I ****! :rofl:

FFS, I have a choice I suppose, but not good ones!!! I'm stuck here, leave out the giggles!!

:muggy:

4 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Very well put

I hope we produce much better to be honest. I think we already have, but we will just need to see how they progress.

• redm changed the title to Jamie Walker joins Wigan for £300k (updated)
  • davemclaren locked this topic