Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

35 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Just seen him in edin so clearly not in wigan

Could be his lookalike.  You know the one who was pictured at Ibrox with the Rangers scarf on.:whistling:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

He's out

There will be nobody left at this rate.

I would take a postponement right now and start afresh for the cup tie.

39 minutes ago, Glottis said:

How's it weird to hate Rangers?

I hate them and hope they die again.

I thought Walker did ok the other night. Our whole front line struggled.

The system didn't work and due to injuries was probably the best possible..

Utterly despise Rangers.

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

With all the injuries looks like we might need him for Saturday

Lol, no we don't. Quite happy to go forward with McDonald or Cochrane. Both able to make more of an impact than Walker

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

Agree with this !

I don't think Jamie Walker would have been risked in the Derby if we hadn't had such a horrendous injury list.

Let's face it with a deal reportedly on the cards to sell him no way would we have taken the chance with his injury record recently. 

I actually thought he did reasonably well all things considered. 

Spot on.  There's some embarrassing shite slavered on here at times.  We'll miss Walker when he goes. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Lol, no we don't. Quite happy to go forward with McDonald or Cochrane. Both able to make more of an impact than Walker

Totally agree.

42 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Spot on.  There's some embarrassing shite slavered on here at times.  We'll miss Walker when he goes. 

No we won't.

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, HighTimes said:

Some will. Some won't.

Some will be a bit 'meh'.

The wheel turns.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, Ryder said:

Utterly despise Rangers.

Spot on.

I can't imagine how anyone could do other than despise the club, or the club that replaced it, that cheated Hearts, along with the rest of Scottish football, for 10 years or more!

3 hours ago, OTT said:

As exciting as those two are, perhaps we need to let them play more than a dozen games combined before we build our team around them. 

Walker was a hugely effective player when he first played so we also have to manage the new breed carefully to avoid the same situation. 

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

As exciting as those two are, perhaps we need to let them play more than a dozen games combined before we build our team around them. 

Walker was a hugely effective player when he first played so we also have to manage the new breed carefully to avoid the same situation. 

Agreed, Did Levein not mention something during the AGM with alluded to this? I.e that previous youth players (Paterson, Walker, Nicholson) didn't have that same relationship to those running the club because wages hadn't been paid etc. 

Maybe Budge and Levein are aiming to foster a very strong relationship with the youngsters, their reps and family so they are more likely to do their best by the club

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Agreed, Did Levein not mention something during the AGM with alluded to this? I.e that previous youth players (Paterson, Walker, Nicholson) didn't have that same relationship to those running the club because wages hadn't been paid etc. 

Maybe Budge and Levein are aiming to foster a very strong relationship with the youngsters, their reps and family so they are more likely to do their best by the club

I was talking to a boy today who played against our laddies pre season. He's a Celtic fan and was absolutely raving about some of the boys he played against. Usually got nothing nice to say about Hearts and was slagging me for how poor the derby was but says the future looks rosy.

Stephen Muddie
5 hours ago, Glottis said:

How's it weird to hate Rangers?

I hate them and hope they die again. 

+1

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

so does Jamie , he wants a change , nothing wrong with that

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that but while he’s still at the club he should still be putting 100% effort in, we still pay his wages

portobellojambo1

I think when you've got a game versus Hibs many try to build there games up to be something which they never can or will be. I wasn't well up at Perth, and I had to miss Wednesday's game and am also missing tomorow's game up n Aberdeen. I didi watch Wednesday's game on the TV but switched it off after a while. I was just sitting staring at the TV thinking " this is absolute pish from both sides.. Football is possibly one of few types of professions that can take you from a performance versus Celtic that you just don't want to see end to watching what was on offer from both Hearts and Hibs

4 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that but while he’s still at the club he should still be putting 100% effort in, we still pay his wages

He obviously is putting in enough effort or our manager wouldn't pick him ...

It's that simple

It should have been ten
16 hours ago, jambocub said:

He obviously is putting in enough effort or our manager wouldn't pick him ...

It's that simple

Aye ok then :lol:

It should have been ten
11 minutes ago, jambocub said:

We'll why would he pick him?  And praise him

Why is the majority of this thread slating Walker?? Are we all blind aye :mw_rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Why is the majority of this thread slating Walker?? Are we all blind aye :mw_rolleyes:

I'll take the managers judgement over someone who he works with day in day out over some fans opinion.

Walkers form has dropped in the last year but he's nowhere near as bad as some people have been making out 

It should have been ten
53 minutes ago, jambocub said:

I'll take the managers judgement over someone who he works with day in day out over some fans opinion.

Walkers form has dropped in the last year but he's nowhere near as bad as some people have been making out 

It's all about opinions pal and we're all entitled to one. If you're happy with the effort he's been putting in then fair enough, I'll take my eyes as judgement over anyone else's opinion as I'm not blind and can see he's not trying a leg. Bored now, you stick with your opinion and I'll stick with mine :thumbsup:

Jamie Walker plays 1 really good game in 10 and has done for past two seasons. 

If if he was to get his head together he would be unplayable but his head has been turned well over a year ago and he has never been the same since. I would rather he wasn’t in the team in his current/recent state of mind. Much rather have a youngster in there. 

22 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

It's all about opinions pal and we're all entitled to one. If you're happy with the effort he's been putting in then fair enough, I'll take my eyes as judgement over anyone else's opinion as I'm not blind and can see he's not trying a leg. Bored now, you stick with your opinion and I'll stick with mine :thumbsup:

So you are saying that Craig Levein plays him when he isn't trying???? Aye right then.

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, XB52 said:

So you are saying that Craig Levein plays him when he isn't trying???? Aye right then.

So are you saying he is trying 100%????

Aye right then.

Edited by It should have been ten

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, red said:

If if he was to get his head together he would be unplayable but his head has been turned well over a year ago and he has never been the same since. I would rather he wasn’t in the team in his current/recent state of mind. Much rather have a youngster in there. 

Totally agree

1 minute ago, Barack said:

All the well-to-do places coming a-calling then...

Blackburn makes Wigan look like the mecca of the North.......mind you I live in Burton so I can't say a great deal...

7 hours ago, red said:

4 good games a season? Aye ok then. I mean if you don’t rate the guy that’s fine but he’s been one of our best players since breaking through. A downturn in form since injury issues and Neilson leaving doesn’t change that.

Edited by socrates82

Walker going to Wigan would be a good move from our point of view but I can't see him going there. I wouldn't go there either if I was him. Blackburn  probably a more attractive option. 

On 29/12/2017 at 23:01, portobellojambo1 said:

I think when you've got a game versus Hibs many try to build there games up to be something which they never can or will be. I wasn't well up at Perth, and I had to miss Wednesday's game and am also missing tomorow's game up n Aberdeen. I didi watch Wednesday's game on the TV but switched it off after a while. I was just sitting staring at the TV thinking " this is absolute pish from both sides.. Football is possibly one of few types of professions that can take you from a performance versus Celtic that you just don't want to see end to watching what was on offer from both Hearts and Hibs

You must be very ill to be missing a game, far less a Derby. Hope you feel better soon PJ. 

William H. Bonney
10 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Blackburn makes Wigan look like the mecca of the North.......mind you I live in Burton so I can't say a great deal...

A friend of mine stays on shobnall road in Burton. 

Another friend of mine stays in Wigan. 

I'm not sure which one is better to be honest. 

Wasn’t interested in Spain. Wanted to go to Glasgow. Could be about to move to Wigan or Blackburn. Takes all sorts I suppose. :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Shobnall Rd? Wigan wins that game!!

Just now, Barack said:

His lady-friend must be juicy with anticipation.

Wonder what other exotic club(s) will come in for him? 

Scunthorpe, if there’s any justice & irony in the world.

:lol:

He really is some laddie likes. Does nobody around him have any taste? 

Just now, Barack said:

Maybe Oxford Utd, or Cambridge Town?

He’s left that a bit late. The academic world has missed out on a real prodigy there.

Oxford City are the real team of that particular university.

Oooohh. Get Stephen Fry, here!

And before you say it, I know he went to Cambridge, not Oxford. ;) 

I went to Cambridge as well.........Saw Burton win League 2 there. McLaughlin got sent off that day.

7 hours ago, socrates82 said:

4 good games a season? Aye ok then. I mean if you don’t rate the guy that’s fine but he’s been one of our best players since breaking through. A downturn in form since injury issues and Neilson leaving doesn’t change that.

Sorry but In my opinion he’s been nowhere near our best player, there have been times when the whole team has been rank and he’s been the best out of a bad bunch but there’s no way he’s been our best performer this season or last! 

Again in the boy is a wonderful footballer but his head is turned and he is almost like a man down when his head isn’t in the game and if you can’t see that his head hasn’t been in the game for over a year now then there’s no point in is debating. Everyone’s opinion is different I guess but I’d love you to highlight more than 4 games over the past 12 months where he has played at his very best. 

On 31/12/2017 at 00:44, Barack said:

add Hull and you have three great universities. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala
On 31/12/2017 at 01:35, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Wigan is a shi**hole :laugh:

Im sure Jamie will have a great time :rofl: 

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Going, going, gone ?

I still think he is going to resist a move and run his contract right down.

Sour taste will be left when he goes.

2 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Wigan is a shi**hole :laugh:

Im sure Jamie will have a great time :rofl: 

Don't get the nasty stuff ?

Back on topic has he gone ?

To be fair, if you play for Wigan you don't need to stay there. There are some really nice places around about the north west you could live

132goals1958
3 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

To be fair, if you play for Wigan you don't need to stay there. There are some really nice places around about the north west you could live

Only 30 minutes or so in the car to beautiful parts of Cheshire including Wilmslow and Alderley Edge

8 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Only 30 minutes or so in the car to beautiful parts of Cheshire including Wilmslow and Alderley Edge

I visit Prestbury regularly, as the Mrs is from there ... stunning place and only a 3 mile jaunt to the McDonalds in Macclesfield if you fancy slumming it in your joggers for a day ;)

• redm changed the title to Jamie Walker joins Wigan for £300k (updated)
  • davemclaren locked this topic