Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

Walker going and a player coming the other way plus cash.

Isma has asked for a transfer....I doubt CL will stand in his way if any sort of offer comes in.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Walker going and a player coming the other way plus cash.

Isma has asked for a transfer....I doubt CL will stand in his way if any sort of offer comes in.

Removing two problems in a one?  Double bubble as the old saying goes. 

3 hours ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Think we might see a player come the other way on loan as part of the deal.

Permanent signing coming the other way I believe 

2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Any idea who we are signing?

Barry Anderson says Jack Bryne from Wigan coming this way.

15 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Barry Anderson says Jack Bryne from Wigan coming this way.

That’s who we want apparently plus some cash. 

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Good luck to the lad. Hopefully we can all move on now. Glad he’s not went to Sevco 

Did Webster not go to Wigan prior to Rangers?

Just a thought!

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Funny old game.  He had zero support or protection from those around him.  Some of the balls Buaben gave him were remarkable.

Dunno. You have to say that Buaben managed to find Cochrane with plenty balls against Celtic. Takes two players to make a pass.

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

That's the rumour doing the rounds yes Isma no doubt he'll be on a slow boat!!!

Pulling his invisible caravan no doubt.

12 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Did Webster not go to Wigan prior to Rangers?

Just a thought!

He did but that was under different circumstances as it was testing out compensation law from memory and it stunk. This is different as he could go to Sevco if he wanted in the summer for nothing. If he goes to Wigan then looks like we may get some money and possible loan signing

Edited by 1971fozzy

19 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

If Isma does go, hopefully we will sign another striker- can’t rely on Lafferty only 

Can we bring back Zeefuik?

22 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

If Isma does go, hopefully we will sign another striker- can’t rely on Lafferty only 

minimum requirement, left back, midfielder (2 assuming Walker goes), striker & possibly wide player (although Skinny and McDonald are options there) 

3 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

cant rely on lafferty full stop-fakn murder !

trouble is he's played quite a few games (like last night) as wide left midfielder which doesn't help him

Just now, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Bet he would do better than what we have just now 

Where you been JiH? Not seen you post in a while? 

49 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

cant rely on lafferty full stop-fakn murder !

Total nonsense. He needs to be played up top. 

Son Of Anarchy
14 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Where you been JiH? Not seen you post in a while? 

Rumour has it he ran out the hibs shop with some tops ;) 3 weeks for theft, 3 weeks for stupidity.

I'd take Zeefuik back. I dunno if he'd be as successful but he'd certainly be in our price range and could hoover up Lafferty's workrate. Could be decent cover too. 

Miss the big guy :(

Nelly Terraces

I'm like a slobbering dog looking into a butchers window at the thought of pish like Walker & Isma leaving as soon as possibe.  Getting rid of this pair would free up much needed funds to bring in replacements who I honestly can't see being anything other than a vast improvement on both.

Edited by Nelly Terraces

12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

JW lacks heart.

Like a man short last night.

Total nonsense mate.

Honestly, a mate of mine nearly had it out with a Hearts fan at the game who literally berated Walker from the first minute and was always referencing Rangers and how he should feck off to there.

People go on about an unhealthy Rangers sympathising section of Hearts fans but there's equally a weird bunch who seem to hate Rangers that much it brings the red mist down.

As for the game. I seen Walker crash into a few challenges. Ran at Hibs a few times and won free kicks. He was one Hearts player who could take a decent touch and actually pass a ******* ball! 

He made our only decent chance for Lafferty who sclaffed it. 

No one ever said Walker was a world beater, just a decent SPL player, but it seems some Hearts fans expect hat tricks from him every game. That's how they seem to act anyway.

rudi must stay
35 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd take Zeefuik back. I dunno if he'd be as successful but he'd certainly be in our price range and could hoover up Lafferty's workrate. Could be decent cover too. 

Miss the big guy :(

For £0 well worth a gamble. He'd give managers headaches

Edited by rudi must stay

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Total nonsense mate.

Honestly, a mate of mine nearly had it out with a Hearts fan at the game who literally berated Walker from the first minute and was always referencing Rangers and how he should feck off to there.

People go on about an unhealthy Rangers sympathising section of Hearts fans but there's equally a weird bunch who seem to hate Rangers that much it brings the red mist down.

As for the game. I seen Walker crash into a few challenges. Ran at Hibs a few times and won free kicks. He was one Hearts player who could take a decent touch and actually pass a ******* ball! 

No one ever said Walker was a world beater, just a decent SPL player, but it seems some Hearts fans expect hat tricks from him every game. That's how they seem to act anyway.

Oh, he nearly had it out with them did he? But didn't. Will read again. 

39 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Total nonsense mate.

That's the way I saw Jamie's game.

Wonderful to see his crunching tackles.

Committed. He was up for it.

Good luck to him.

45 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Total nonsense mate.

yep. that's how I saw it

58 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He’s give our manager more than a headache with his lack of movement.

55 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Exactly. The guy has talent, managed correctly he could be an excellent goal scorer at this level.

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Total nonsense mate.

I'll pull you up on this. 

No player who is lucky enough to play for us should act the way this snake did.

He deserves the abuse from the 'weird' rangers hating bunch. That's an equally mental comment by the way. I'd question any Hearts fan who doesn't hate that odious phoenix club from the West. 

As for the game, it wasn't his worst or his best. It's the complete lack of desire thats the annoying part. He just isn't interested and is an empty shirt. 

4 hours ago, indianajones said:

As for the game, it wasn't his worst or his best. It's the complete lack of desire thats the annoying part. He just isn't interested and is an empty shirt. 

Agree with this.   Players with walkers desire over the past 3 years is the reason our derby record has been so poor.  The quicker we rid our club of players who dont want to be here the better.

JW should have been off the park with 20 mins to go, he was knackered, a fresh pair of legs just might have given us something more in the latter stages.

For me, his desire looked a wee bit  nieve, possibly even a bit reckless..

Edited by dallan
Spelling

2 hours ago, Elshin said:

Agree with this.   Players with walkers desire over the past 3 years is the reason our derby record has been so poor.  The quicker we rid our club of players who dont want to be here the better.

Is it?

Nothing to do with Neilson and Cathro treating the games like any game and trying to play a style of football completely unsuited to a derby match in Scotland?

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is it?

Nothing to do with Neilson and Cathro treating the games like any game and trying to play a style of football completely unsuited to a derby match in Scotland?

That was part of the problem.  Neilson and cathro were not in charge for the last 2 derbies and you can see the difderence in attitude levein has installed into most players.  

Walker went down around 4 times on wesnesday and constantly looked at the bench wamting subbed off.  Never looked like he wanted to win, which has been his attitude for almost a year now.

25 minutes ago, Elshin said:

That was part of the problem.  Neilson and cathro were not in charge for the last 2 derbies and you can see the difderence in attitude levein has installed into most players.  

Walker went down around 4 times on wesnesday and constantly looked at the bench wamting subbed off.  Never looked like he wanted to win, which has been his attitude for almost a year now.

Thats how I saw it.

kept going down after ‘exerting’ himself. Then look at bench hoping to be taken off.

after his last ‘requirement’ for treatment, Levein stood open handed effectively saying to Walker what are you wanting to do - come off or stay on.

walker was wanting Levein to make the decision but Levein, quite rightly, put the call back to Walker. Once he realised he wasn’t going to be taken off now, he actually started to put some effort in.

11 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Thats how I saw it.

kept going down after ‘exerting’ himself. Then look at bench hoping to be taken off.

after his last ‘requirement’ for treatment, Levein stood open handed effectively saying to Walker what are you wanting to do - come off or stay on.

walker was wanting Levein to make the decision but Levein, quite rightly, put the call back to Walker. Once he realised he wasn’t going to be taken off now, he actually started to put some effort in.

Sounds like Levein is managing him correctly.

I am in no way comparing the two but I remember hearing Harry Redknapp told the physios not to go to Gareth Bale if he went down in training, to toughen him up. 

Mind you, Walker got a few kicks on Wednesday. Both he and McGinn spent a lot of time on the deck. 

Certain people are just venemous on this forum just spout utter nonsense about not trying a leg etc. 

Walker is cleary not fit but his effort was great 

He will be a miss to us been a fantastic player and hope he does well in the game but I suspect his knees are going to be his downfall 

5 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Certain people are just venemous on this forum just spout utter nonsense about not trying a leg etc. 

He will be a miss to us been a fantastic player and hope he does well in the game but I suspect his knees are going to be his downfall 

Agree with this !

I don't think Jamie Walker would have been risked in the Derby if we hadn't had such a horrendous injury list.

Let's face it with a deal reportedly on the cards to sell him no way would we have taken the chance with his injury record recently. 

I actually thought he did reasonably well all things considered. 

8 hours ago, indianajones said:

I'll pull you up on this. 

No player who is lucky enough to play for us should act the way this snake did.

He deserves the abuse from the 'weird' rangers hating bunch. That's an equally mental comment by the way. I'd question any Hearts fan who doesn't hate that odious phoenix club from the West. 

Never said I don’t hate Rangers. I do.

Maybe my point should’ve been clearer.

That hate for Rangers which many have had basically become etched in their heads when starting to think of Walker’s performances.

Basically using it against Walker every time he doesn’t play to the standards they expect. 

i wish jj was my dad
50 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Spot on with the bit in bold and I also agree about Jamie's fitness.  I'm not convinced that injuries are the sole reason for his lack of fitness though.

It will be interesting to see how his career pans out.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Spot on with the bit in bold and I also agree about Jamie's fitness.  I'm not convinced that injuries are the sole reason for his lack of fitness though.

It will be interesting to see how his career pans out.

from the poster who wanted Jamie cleaning toilets

brilliant

:lol:

How's it weird to hate Rangers?

I hate them and hope they die again.

I thought Walker did ok the other night. Our whole front line struggled.

The system didn't work and due to injuries was probably the best possible..

Captain America
3 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Just seen him in edin so clearly not in wigan

TBF to the poster he said yesterday he was in Wigan.

Only 4hrs drive or so from Wigan to Edinburgh so plausible he was there yesterday and back up here today. 

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

from the poster who wanted Jamie cleaning toilets

brilliant

Quite scary that you can remember that?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Quite scary that you can remember that?

for those of us who don't post multiple times on multiple topics every day it's not that difficult to remember fairly recent exchanges especially the particularly silly ones

also makes us less likely to completely contradict ourselves

maroonnicky63
Just now, It should have been ten said:

Aye very good, difference is I care about my club - he doesn't.

so does Jamie , he wants a change , nothing wrong with that

• redm changed the title to Jamie Walker joins Wigan for £300k (updated)
  • davemclaren locked this topic