The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DH1986 said:

CL being very cagey there on both the  Isma and Lafferty situations.

I would very much doubt that he would not know where Isma was. As for Lafferty then no offer does not mean that one wont happen.

Not long to wait to find out so long as we have adequate cover if either or both move on.

Surprised we have let Baur and Keena go the same day Novak and Stockton leave. Must be confident of one or two more coming in. Good experience for the young lads nonetheless. 

To think, only a couple of weeks ago some on here were seething about the lack of activity in the window.  Now it's fast turning into one of the most exciting windows for a while, both in terms of incomings and outgoings.  5 days left! 

:av-1001:

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I think thats a rubbish career move, but it tells you in football coaching circles he isn't highly rated

Absolute nonsense, if its what he thinks is right then it will be great for him. Footballers are no different to folk in regular jobs. Being at the top of any job does not mean you are happy. 

17 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Is the lad Wighton from Dundee still playing regularly?

not played this season due to serious injury

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I would very much doubt that he would not know where Isma was. As for Lafferty then no offer does not mean that one wont happen.

Not long to wait to find out so long as we have adequate cover if either or both move on.

I think he meant he wasn't sure where he was as it takes about 4 different flights to get to Uzbekistan!

29 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

not played this season due to serious injury

Shame for the lad . He was looking like he was really improving last season too.

Hope we tie big Jon down quick with Lewis out for the sheep due to his knee injury. Can see them coming in with an offer!

4 hours ago, sadj said:

Id suggest thats a massive part of who comes and goes or who is on shoogly pegs at the club. Both nowak and Stockton away today. Hats off to whoever it was suggested Panionios???? a couple of weeks ago as Nowaks destination.

Cheers Sadj ?

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, VALDOS said:

Absolute nonsense, if its what he thinks is right then it will be great for him. Footballers are no different to folk in regular jobs. Being at the top of any job does not mean you are happy. 

Ye your right, important he doesn't see it as a step down. But not playing much and being released on a free, he might

Man City sign Laporte from Bilbao. Always looked good whenever I've seen them, think Guardiola has been a fan for a while. 

450m he's spent on 18 players while at City. Madness. 

Steven Pressleh the new manager of Fc Pafos in the Cypriot league? Bit of an odd one. Could be an easy route to Europe for him though. 

August Landmesser
15 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Steven Pressleh the new manager of Fc Pafos in the Cypriot league? Bit of an odd one. Could be an easy route to Europe for him though. 

Scenes when we draw them in the qualifiers. The newfound JKB unity will be torn asunder.

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Scenes when we draw them in the qualifiers. The newfound JKB unity will be torn asunder.

Might aswell just cancel my pledge now before the self destruction of hearts as a company- all stemming from arguements on kickback, but ending in full scale riots at the game ?

Captain America

BBC match preview still mentioning Smith-brown as still with us. Although they have Lafferty available today when he is suspended so they not exactly on the ball.

Still think it is weird we have had no official confirmation that he has went back to City when we terminated Tony Watt's loan deal last season there was announcement of website. 

Screenshot_20180127-064010.png

kingantti1874
11 hours ago, Pagey said:

Hope we tie big Jon down quick with Lewis out for the sheep due to his knee injury. Can see them coming in with an offer!

Aberdeen hold nothing over hearts.. This will be the last season they finish above us. The only thing preventing John signing is his family are down south. 

9 hours ago, Ryan Jarman said:

Man City sign Laporte from Bilbao. Always looked good whenever I've seen them, think Guardiola has been a fan for a while. 

450m he's spent on 18 players while at City. Madness. 

Bilbao shown him the door? (sorry...)

1 hour ago, C-3PO said:

BBC match preview still mentioning Smith-brown as still with us. Although they have Lafferty available today when he is suspended so they not exactly on the ball.

Still think it is weird we have had no official confirmation that he has went back to City when we terminated Tony Watt's loan deal last season there was announcement of website. 

Screenshot_20180127-064010.png

I saw Levein confirm he was away in an interview and he's been playing in city reserves apparently 

Johnny Two Pies
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I saw Levein confirm he was away in an interview and he's been playing in city reserves apparently 

Perhaps. But he's still listed on the Hearts site as our player (on loan from Ciy), unlike Walker, Grzelak and Stockton. As Stockton's release was only confirmed yesterday the site would seem to be being kept up to date. It looks like Isma and Nowak will be leaving too, but no announcements from the club until everything is official. Again both are still listed on the Hearts site as our players. Which makes me wonder a bit about just where things stand with Smith-Brown.

Is Isma back from Uzbekistan yet? I was expecting this signature to be wrapped up by now.

38 minutes ago, Johnny Two Pies said:

Perhaps. But he's still listed on the Hearts site as our player (on loan from Ciy), unlike Walker, Grzelak and Stockton. As Stockton's release was only confirmed yesterday the site would seem to be being kept up to date. It looks like Isma and Nowak will be leaving too, but no announcements from the club until everything is official. Again both are still listed on the Hearts site as our players. Which makes me wonder a bit about just where things stand with Smith-Brown.

38 minutes ago, Johnny Two Pies said:

There's no perhaps about it, I saw Levein say he wasn't coming back with my own eyes. He's a city reserve player now.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

There's no perhaps about it, I saw Levein say he wasn't coming back with my own eyes. He's a city reserve player now.

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I get where the guy's coming from, if the site hasn't been updated and there's been no statement it looks weird. He can't be as sure of what I saw as I am!

Johnny Two Pies

The tweets refer to him being back fit, not back as a Manchester City player. One actually refers to Manchester United. I think I can remember a report quoting Levein to the effect that Smith-Brown was away too, but I don't think I've seen any sort of announcement from the club itself, unlike with Grzelak and Stockton. I think he probably is away, but it hasn't really been made clear by the club.

48 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Is Isma back from Uzbekistan yet? I was expecting this signature to be wrapped up by now.

Personally I think he is taking his time with the decision. If we sell Laff he will pull out the deal cause he will be aware that he will get more game time, could be wrong but just a thought.

1 hour ago, Johnny Two Pies said:

Nowak signed for panionios?? Yesterday there was a tweet with him in it with his shirt etc pretty sure it was tagged with his new club etc in it.

Johnny Two Pies
18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Nowak signed for panionios?? Yesterday there was a tweet with him in it with his shirt etc pretty sure it was tagged with his new club etc in it.

Saw it reported he was over there negotiating a move, hadn't seen anything confirming the deal was done. If all signed and sealed I'd expect a statement from the club to that effect in the next couple of days. 

14 minutes ago, Johnny Two Pies said:

Saw it reported he was over there negotiating a move, hadn't seen anything confirming the deal was done. If all signed and sealed I'd expect a statement from the club to that effect in the next couple of days. 

There was a pic of the tweet somewhere on one of the threads yesterday. Maybe its not ? yet ??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

There was a pic of the tweet somewhere on one of the threads yesterday. Maybe its not ? yet ??‍♂️

The photo was deleted. I had a look for it on the account  That it was credited to and there’s no trace.  

1 minute ago, BM1874 said:

The photo was deleted. I had a look for it on the account  That it was credited to and there’s no trace.  

Yeah had another look for it aswell, it clearly showed him holding the strip with the manager or chairman of his new club. Maybe posted to early and still needed the medical to be completed?

3 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Suggests its not ? over the line yet then. 

Johnny Two Pies

It's abundantly clear who (and how many) we can bring in is, at least in part, dependent on we we ship out. So, in that context, the sooner it can be confirmed that Smith-Brown, Nowak and Isma are away, the better. Obviously Levein and the club know better than any of us where things actually stand, viewed from the outside these things can seem frustratingly slow.

I just think if smith-brown was going to go back to Man City it would have happened by now. If he is fit I’m sure they would rather he was playing first team football somewhere rather than u23

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I’m certain it was announced way back last year that he the loan had been terminated. I have no evidence for f this but sure it was announced. 

2 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

I’m certain it was announced way back last year that he the loan had been terminated. I have no evidence for f this but sure it was announced. 

Yeah I'm thinking it was in December I saw it, in a pre match press conference or something

Johnny Two Pies
7 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah I'm thinking it was in December I saw it, in a pre match press conference or something

As I said above, I think I remember that being reported too, it was back in December. I'm not saying Smith-Brown isn't away, just find it curious there has been no statement and that he's still listed on our site as a Hearts player (unlike Grzelak and Stockton).

Re Smith-Brown, the EEN reported this before the Aberdeen game: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-vows-to-sort-out-hearts-left-back-problems-1-4649870

Includes a line that ASB was preparing to terminate his loan & return to City. But I don't think Levein himself said it. I've not seen him say that anywhere. I don't think it's been formally terminated. He's also still on the website, and Stockton has already been taken off.

I think it might just be a case of the EEN leaping to conclusions/getting ahead of themselves. If/when the loan is terminated early, I think the club will announce it. 

31 minutes ago, Johnny Two Pies said:

As I said above, I think I remember that being reported too, it was back in December. I'm not saying Smith-Brown isn't away, just find it curious there has been no statement and that he's still listed on our site as a Hearts player (unlike Grzelak and Stockton).

Think people are getting confused- Levein said Smith brown is away back to city TO GET MORE TREATMENT for his injuries. Or something along those lines. Didn’t say he had his loan terminated just that city’s medical team was now looking after him and trying to find his mystery injury.

siegementality
41 minutes ago, Johnny Two Pies said:

He is still shown as being on loan to us on the Manchester City website.

tartofmidlothian

City are probably at the stage where they can loan youth players out while covering all their wages and we only need to get rid of him if we reach our loan limit, if there is one. Makes sense to keep Smith-Brown on our books in case we need cover later in the season, it gives him some possible games to look forward to as well.

8 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Think people are getting confused- Levein said Smith brown is away back to city TO GET MORE TREATMENT for his injuries. Or something along those lines. Didn’t say he had his loan terminated just that city’s medical team was now looking after him and trying to find his mystery injury.

He may well have said that, but I'm pretty sure I saw him say he wouldn't be back 

3 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

City are probably at the stage where they can loan youth players out while covering all their wages and we only need to get rid of him if we reach our loan limit, if there is one. Makes sense to keep Smith-Brown on our books in case we need cover later in the season, it gives him some possible games to look forward to as well.

Makes more sense for Ashley Smith-Brown to play football

Archived