The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

2 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Letting go of  Isma and Stockton and leaving us with only lafferty as an out and out forward is criminal.Doesnt sound like Levein is confident of getting anyone else in before wed night.

Chill ffs he will get a forward in.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i wish jj was my dad
18 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Letting go of  Isma and Stockton and leaving us with only lafferty as an out and out forward is criminal.Doesnt sound like Levein is confident of getting anyone else in before wed night.

Aye the kind of criminal management that's seen us get Naismith, Mitchell and go unbeaten in 12.

23 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Drama queen alert. 

6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Aye the kind of criminal management that's seen us get Naismith, Mitchell and go unbeaten in 12.

Exactly...put all our eggs in one basket with naismith and let two go leaving us short...great eh.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Highways and Byways said:

Watching SSN and I agree with Sam Allerdyce. To have a round of fixtures so close to the end of the window is far from ideal.

?

He has a whole month to get players in. Big Sam wants to stay off the pints of lambrusco. 

30 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Give it a rest.

Just now, JAMMY1980 said:

Exactly...put all our eggs in one basket with naismith and let two go leaving us short...great eh.

Stockton leaving has only made a difference to the numbers......he contributed nothing really and his place could be easily filled by just about anyone.

We’ll get another striker in so I wouldn’t spend too much time getting all upset about things.

2 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

? you should post more often ?

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Stockton leaving has only made a difference to the numbers......he contributed nothing really and his place could be easily filled by just about anyone.

We’ll get another striker in so I wouldn’t spend too much time getting all upset about things.

Agreed. In fact we are probably stronger by bringing Zanatta back from Raith. 

Absolute Scenes
24 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

You're utterly desperate for Levein to fail

get a grip

46 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Disagree, Stockton in the run of games he had, gave us much more possession in our opponents half. He brought others into play. He wasn’t brilliant, but it helped to have him securing possession, rather than Isma flicking the ball on to no one. Now, if Lafferty is away as well, we are hoping for Levein to get lucky in the last few days of the window. Probably end up with feckin Dauda’s wee brother to last us the rest of the season

54 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

What a plum 

22 minutes ago, Beats said:

I've no doubts big Craig will get the necessary targets in before Wednesday. 

Hmmmmm. Sounds like Craig is beginning to have doubts himself. Mustnt let Lafferty go if he cant get a replacement of similar quality coming in

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Hmmmmm. Sounds like Craig is beginning to have doubts himself

Don't say things like that...you can't have an opinion that differs from anyone else in here or you get called names.

3 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Don't say things like that...you can't have an opinion that differs from anyone else in here or you get called names.

Oh well. Its all water off a Hobo cretins back to me

5 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Agree mate

Craig Levein has probably been busier than the PM in the last month. I'm sure he'll be trying very hard to bring in people but they have to be the right people. Not an easy task. 

You can't read too much into what anyone says publicly - Levein included - at this stage of the window.  Deals that still have to be done at this point are going down to the wire, and cards will be being held very closely to chests.  All part of the game.  Shame our ITKers have been pissed off enough by the criticism they got to stop contributing, but hey ho, we'll know where we are in the next couple of days.

Whitecapjambo

No panic really. If we get offered good money for Lafferty we have to take it. If it means a stop gap or youth playing more then so be it. Need to look at the bigger picture. 

4 minutes ago, Whitecapjambo said:

No panic really. If we get offered good money for Lafferty we have to take it. If it means a stop gap or youth playing more then so be it. Need to look at the bigger picture. 

I would tend to agree but we need some fire power and some personalities in the team, we can easy sign a striker but we went years without having a good striker so find it hard to say just take the money and hope for the best

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Criminal...... Ffs.

Lafferty is back as well.

6 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

So, we are planning on getting rid of all our forwards this window? Then take gambles on bringing new forwards, probably from overseas, before the end of the window? Risky

That is why we have our policy of continuity.  

Continuously changing the whole squad.

6 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

So, we are planning on getting rid of all our forwards this window? Then take gambles on bringing new forwards, probably from overseas, before the end of the window? Risky

Double.

Carl Fredrickson

Jonny Russell has been told he can leave Derby County and has been linked to the MLS. 

27 years old, is he the striker that CL is after?

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Jonny Russell has been told he can leave Derby County and has been linked to the MLS. 

I'd be over the moon, he's a cracking player

Carl Fredrickson

Out of contract in the summer but further investigation would suggest he isnt signing a new contract as he wants to sample life in the US of A. Shame.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I'd be over the moon, he's a cracking player

I'm surprised at Derby saying he can leave. I saw him playing on TV recently and he looked very good. If we could get him that would be a good signing and of course he will know Levein from United I think.

31 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I'm surprised at Derby saying he can leave. I saw him playing on TV recently and he looked very good. If we could get him that would be a good signing and of course he will know Levein from United I think.

Was more so he rejected an extension on his contract as he has designs on playing in the MLS. 

I Remember when him and Jamie Murphy were going the “hot properties” in the Scottish League and had a competition in one of the red tops who would score more, can’t remember who won but of the two of them I would have taken Russell every day.  Had a knack of scoring v us as well, particularly at Tannadice

53 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Probably not, considering he's a midfielder.

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, JAMMY1980 said:

He's recalled Zanatta who has scored already, something Stockton failed to do, signed the Danish laddie and said he is pursuing another striker.  I can't quite see how that equates to putting all his eggs in one basket.

I would have thought after he made an arse out of all the trumpets who were desperate for him to fail last year, folk would be less inclined to hysterics now.  At least wait until the window SLAMS SHUT before having a pop. 

RustyRightPeg
32 minutes ago, Rents said:

any names?

Cheers

Aye but lips sealed until it’s more concrete bud 

Johnny Two Pies

Six out (including Nowak and Smith-Brown) with an apparent possibility (if you believe the rumours) that Lafferty might yet go. Three in so far, although it also looks like a couple of the loanees brought back (Irving and Zanatta, maybe Godinho) are earmarked to feature in and around the team too. Suggestions of a defensive midfielder coming in, Levein clearly trying to bring in another striker as well. Overall I feel we have already improved the squad in terms of quality, which is a real positive. Does look light in terms of strikers though, something resembling a target man (as a team we are always going to send it long much of the time) must be the priority. Wait and see what happens over the next couple of days.

I'm actually really positive with the youngsters recalled. I'd much rather we used them than spunk cash on guys that may by work. Having said that I trust Craig and everything he does.

RustyRightPeg
23 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Ashley Smith-Brown "recalled" by Man City so loan ended.

signed for Oxford within a minute of Hearts tweeting he'd been recalled.

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

They are not saying he can leave. They have offered him a new deal. He has told them he is leaving. 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, sairyinthat said:

Are we thinking of capturing McGeogh or what?

sounds a bit creepy

id rather we have guys who want to play for us

itsnomarooned
On 26/01/2018 at 16:07, rudi must stay said:

I think thats a rubbish career move, but it tells you in football coaching circles he isn't highly rated

An interesting perspective on the MLS from Tam McManus, i.e. speaking from personal experience. 

Archived