The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

At least we play on Tuesday

Tough playing games on last day of transfer window when deals are being concluded. 

Just leave the transfer stuff to the DoF

;)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we’re selling both of our goal scoring strikers. Going to recall Sammon, bring back Osman Sow and hope for the best.

That’ll reignite a few torches and sharpen some pitchforks.

This calmness and togetherness was annoying anyway.

Anyone got that pilots number? ?

I'd be very disappointed to lose Lafferty now, especially with the chance of him and Naismith playing together again. That said, as so many have already said, every player has their price.

I'm positive that behind the scenes we'll have a suitable replacement lined up already should the right bid materialise.

It's tense but you can't beat the drama of the transfer window !

Jamboscanbevicius

Interesting quote from Levein - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-eyes-new-faces-as-interest-in-kyle-lafferty-mounts-1-4675134

"We want somebody that knows how to handle this league or a league like it..."

Suggests that at least some of the targets have played in Scotland previously. IMO this is a good idea, especially given the high turnover of players in the window, we can't have too many - like last year - taking months to adapt!

Having a look around, how about:

- Kane Hemmings (good scoring record in Scotland, we've been in for him before, and currently out on loan)

- Stevie Mallan (not getting a game since moving south but unlikely unless another loan)

- Adam King (great prospect but 22 now and maybe struggling to break through at Swansea)

- Souleymane Coulibaly (looked good in Scotland, but not done much since moving to the middle east)

- Josh Maggenis (probably out of our price range and seems to be playing for Charlton, but looks the type we like - big, strong, not prolific - and N.I. link to McPhee)

- Jamie Ward (established N.I. international, fairly peripheral at Forest)

12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Can we recall Sammon this window , anyone know ? 

Most likely not, at least not without a fine.

30 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Interesting quote from Levein - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-eyes-new-faces-as-interest-in-kyle-lafferty-mounts-1-4675134

Suggests that at least some of the targets have played in Scotland previously. IMO this is a good idea, especially given the high turnover of players in the window, we can't have too many - like last year - taking months to adapt!

- Kane Hemmings (good scoring record in Scotland, we've been in for him before, and currently out on loan)

- Stevie Mallan (not getting a game since moving south but unlikely unless another loan)

- Adam King (great prospect but 22 now and maybe struggling to break through at Swansea)

- Souleymane Coulibaly (looked good in Scotland, but not done much since moving to the middle east)

- Josh Maggenis (probably out of our price range and seems to be playing for Charlton, but looks the type we like - big, strong, not prolific - and N.I. link to McPhee)

Stevie Mallan is now playing every week

...a bit disco
9 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Josh Magennis was shite, a complete arse and he has no love for Hearts. It'll not be him.

:lol:

I'm sure Davie Pugh would have something to say about it!

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Has Sow been playing much for MK Dons?

noticed he played on Saturday, doubt he will be back 

1 hour ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Billy Mehmet, averaged a goal every 2 games for his past 5 teams...

I'd love Souleymane Coulibaly but have doubts as to whether he'd fit into the way we play. Hed be a massive upgrade on Isma.

Jamboscanbevicius
4 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Could do worse than Kane Hemmings

Of the names I speculated above, I think he is the most realistic, and would potentially be an excellent signing. His scoring record in Scotland!

1 hour ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Only new bit of information,in the EEN article,is that Levien is after a defensive midfielder.

Quite why, considering we are bumping along at a goal a game  average in a mostly pish poor league as far as quality attacking talent goes, is open to debate, imho.

Jamboscanbevicius
10 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Billy Mehmet, averaged a goal every 2 games for his past 5 teams...

That name is a blast from the past. Just had a look at his Wiki... what a bizarre and nomadic career he has had since St Mirren. Without Googling them all I don't even know which country half the teams he has played for are based!

I'm looking at it as that's our business finished for this window.Then when nothing happens before wed night I won't be disappointed. 

19 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Only new bit of information,in the EEN article,is that Levien is after a defensive midfielder.

Quite why, considering we are bumping along at a goal a game  average in a mostly pish poor league as far as quality attacking talent goes, is open to debate, imho.

Bauben is first choice just now

Maybe wants to see Callachan, Djoum and Cochrane play further forward 

Watching SSN and I agree with Sam Allerdyce. To have a round of fixtures so close to the end of the window is far from ideal.

?

2 hours ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Adam King off to Mansfield Town on loan 

10 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Watching SSN and I agree with Sam Allerdyce. To have a round of fixtures so close to the end of the window is far from ideal.

?

Alexis Sanchez was playing for Chile as his deal to sign for Man City collapsed when Arsenal couldn't get their signing agreed. 

Chile got beat as well helping them fail to qualify for World Cup. 

Crazy. 

Doubt Conor Sammon wants to go anywhere near our club again. He’s only just got his confidence back after last time. 

siegementality
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Doubt Conor Sammon wants to go anywhere near our club again. He’s only just got his confidence back after last time. 

That works both ways.

Just now, siegementality said:

That works both ways.

Unfortunately so. As can be seen by his five goals in four games record since he no longer gets booed on to the pitch by simpletons. 

Sounds like he's got it under controll?

I’m trying to get someone in before Wednesday night but it’s a difficult window, it really is.

That’s without us losing any more. We have had interest in our guys but nothing concrete. I’ve got so many things up in the air at the moment. We just need to see what happens.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Ross McCormack has been mentioned.

Turned BT sport on the other morning and as I did so I watched Ross McCormack miss a sitter from a yard out. As that is all I have seen of him, it's a no from me ;)

6 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Sounds like he's got it under controll?

I’m trying to get someone in before Wednesday night but it’s a difficult window, it really is.

That’s without us losing any more. We have had interest in our guys but nothing concrete. I’ve got so many things up in the air at the moment. We just need to see what happens.

Still confident Daza/Notts??

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Turned BT sport on the other morning and as I did so I watched Ross McCormack miss a sitter from a yard out. As that is all I have seen of him, it's a no from me ;)

Looks about 3 stone overweight too playing for the Man City’s owners Aussie team

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

I thought he was playing in Australia? 

Back in the UK after a successful loan spell in Australia..14 goals in 15 matches

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Looks about 3 stone overweight too playing for the Man City’s owners Aussie team

Where you get the info 're Swiss based guy??

Some swiss based defensive midfielders with their contracts coming to an end.

Geoffroy Serey Dié

Hekuran Kryeziu

Nzuzi Toko

Clark Griswold
21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Ross McCormack has been mentioned.

Would take that, always thought he was a great wee player, constantly overlooked by Strapon.

Letting go of  Isma and Stockton and leaving us with only lafferty as an out and out forward is criminal.Doesnt sound like Levein is confident of getting anyone else in before wed night.

Archived