The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

Preston raving about Charly Musonda on radio as if he's the next best thing since sliced bread and might face us tomorrow

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Aye but lips sealed until it’s more concrete bud 

Sound mate am just happy someone is coming in.

36 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

sounds a bit creepy

id rather we have guys who want to play for us

I'd rather have guys who are seriously good players and he is ,in the area we need badly. And he is reluctant to extend his time there.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

I'd rather have guys who are seriously good players and he is ,in the area we need badly. And he is reluctant to extend his time there.

Was only joking mate, I think he’d be an excellent acquisition though would imagine it would have to be pre contract as Hibs unlikely to sell to us

11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Was only joking mate, I think he’d be an excellent acquisition though would imagine it would have to be pre contract as Hibs unlikely to sell to us

And you are probably right,I was really wanting to find out if we were attempting to get him.Cheers.

50 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Preston raving about Charly Musonda on radio as if he's the next best thing since sliced bread and might face us tomorrow

He's an outrgeous talent. Streets ahead of anything else up here by a mile.

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Have a feeling lafferty will be gone shortly.

No logic to that under contract for a goodly period,we have no pressing need to move him on and a large bid would be required for us to shift him and I mean large.We are not cash strapped and our manager is not an idiot,

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Yep Preston said similar ..that 24 clubs including big ones tried to get him on loan

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bauben is first choice just now

Maybe wants to see Callachan, Djoum and Cochrane play further forward 

Don't think Djoum or Callachan are quite good enough for that, however I would like them to be given licence to drive forward when they have the ball (one at a time mind) from deep central midfield and besides that we now have Naismith for the attacking midfielder role..

To many are seduced by EPL football, which we don't have the resources to emulate properly, (or the need in a poor standard league) where a sitting midfielder might have a place in a team, all imho.

7 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

No logic to that under contract for a goodly period,we have no pressing need to move him on and a large bid would be required for us to shift him and I mean large.We are not cash strapped and our manager is not an idiot,

I hope you are right but if it’s a decent offer we’d be mad to turn it down imo

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I hope you are right but if it’s a decent offer we’d be mad to turn it down imo

Yeah well it would depend on what you would describe as decent,mine is mahoosive the club has the opportunity to make clear to the fans that are intending to compete hard and build on what we have.

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

Yeah well it would depend on what you would describe as decent,mine is mahoosive the club has the opportunity to make clear to the fans that are intending to compete hard and build on what we have.

In the 7 figure ballpark he will go 

22 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Stretching it to say he is an outrageous talent.Tricks and skills with no real end product so far is how I have heard him described.Dont get me wrong he could end up brilliant but right now its a maybe how far he can go

Guess The Crowd
14 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Good news, he is only ever good for St Johnstone and big game coming up agaisnt them in the cup

Good point 

stranraer-jambo
17 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Good news, he is only ever good for St Johnstone and big game coming up agaisnt them in the cup

True. It would have been typical of him to play a blinder and score the winner.

Not going to happen, thank goodness. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
36 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Don't think Djoum or Callachan are quite good enough for that, however I would like them to be given licence to drive forward when they have the ball (one at a time mind) from deep central midfield and besides that we now have Naismith for the attacking midfielder role..

To many are seduced by EPL football, which we don't have the resources to emulate properly, (or the need in a poor standard league) where a sitting midfielder might have a place in a team, all imho.

If Djoum or Callachan are not good enough for a role Buaben, plays then we really must be in trouble.. buaben shouldn’t be near the squad again absolute dead wood.

iain ferguson

Danny Wilson joins Colorado. Thought he was doing ok for sevco but assume this this move gives him some financial stability.

9 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Celtic starting their emergency goalie hunt.

EXCLUSIVE: Celtic have £200k bid for Motherwell goalkeeper Trevor Carson rejected http://dlyr.ec/96eNLc 

This can only mean DDV will be in goals for Celtic for the remainder of the season. Weakens them significantly imo.

No sure why Celtic are bothering with a goalie, if you listen to Allan Preston on this laddie from Chelsea they’ll hardly need one 

RustyRightPeg
9 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Confirmed defensive midfielder inbound.

8 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Us. Swiss based.

As mentioned by Notts on Laff thread

1 hour ago, Homme said:

I’ve honestly never heard of Charly Musonda.

Me neither. 

I confidently predict he will be quick, athletic, and inconsistent. I'm not concerned. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Me neither. 

I confidently predict he will be quick, athletic, and inconsistent. I'm not concerned. 

Seen him play plenty times when he was on loan at Betis, genuinely think he’s an upgrade on Sinclair and Roberts.

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Seen him play plenty times when he was on loan at Betis, genuinely think he’s an upgrade on Sinclair and Roberts.

Ach we will see, and hardly affects us.

Says it all about Chelsea's youth policy if this wonderkid barely makes the squad though. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Says it all about Chelsea's youth policy if this wonderkid barely makes the squad though. 

Reckon it’s the most stupid set up going. They win everything year in year out at youth level then loan 50 of them out, never giving them a first team chance but keep them happy with big contracts so no other club can buy them out 

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Reckon it’s the most stupid set up going. They win everything year in year out at youth level then loan 50 of them out, never giving them a first team chance but keep them happy with big contracts so no other club can buy them out 

Makes no sense to me and I don't know why any promising player would want to play for them. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Makes no sense to me and I don't know why any promising player would want to play for them. 

Money talks to young players. In London more so.

12 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Of course “ every club “ has a price for a player however I wouldn’t let Lafferty, go for 1 million right now. 

Maybe 2 mill if somebody would pay that which is unlikely. But our aim for this season should be top 4 qualifying for Europe, Scottish cup run selling Lafferty 72 hours before the window closes probably unable to replace him with similar quality is the wrong descion. Would rather a season of Europe and cup runs than sitting with 1 million that certainly won’t be reinvested into players that’s for sure.

And how do you work that out?

:facepalm:

4 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He's recalled Zanatta who has scored already, something Stockton failed to do, signed the Danish laddie and said he is pursuing another striker.  I can't quite see how that equates to putting all his eggs in one basket.

I would have thought after he made an arse out of all the trumpets who were desperate for him to fail last year, folk would be less inclined to hysterics now.  At least wait until the window SLAMS SHUT before having a pop.

There's a few posters that have been gleefully piling back on to jkb since we lost a last minute equaliser on Saturday. They've obviously been desperately waiting for some excuse to unleash their negativity! 

1 hour ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

If Djoum or Callachan are not good enough for a role Buaben, plays then we really must be in trouble.. buaben shouldn’t be near the squad again absolute dead wood.

Couldn't agree more with you.

However what I was actually saying to  Mikey is  that I do not think Djoum and Callachan are good enough,imho, to be our attacking midfielder(NO10) but they could be our centre midfielders instead with a licence to drive the team forward, rather than signing a purely defensive/sitting centre  mid, if you go back another couple of posts.

39 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He's made the squad lots this season.

35 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

There's a few posters that have been gleefully piling back on to jkb since we lost a last minute equaliser on Saturday. They've obviously been desperately waiting for some excuse to unleash their negativity! 

Noticed this too, one in particular who I haven't seen for weeks popping up in a few threads with his weird chat.

Anyway, there's a Chelsea fan on another forum who's big into youth football and thinks Musonda should've been given loads more time in their first team. I haven't seen much of him but been hearing about him for a few years and apparently he's pretty special. Not that it matters much as Celtic are winning the league anyway and I doubt he'll turn them into Europa League contenders.

This made me chuckle. Liked by Gowser and Jordan McGhee. Crazy that clubs still allow their players to work with this man. Allan, Walker, Temps, Gowser, Cummings, Holt all under his guidance? Do Hearts still work with him or are any our current players looked after by him? 

B821503E-7760-424C-87FE-FA7B5670E39B.png

9 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Celtic starting their emergency goalie hunt.

EXCLUSIVE: Celtic have £200k bid for Motherwell goalkeeper Trevor Carson rejected http://dlyr.ec/96eNLc 

Ceptic at their best, exploiting another Scottish team, then saying there's no challenge in this league. Despise them.

Just now, poultry said:

Ceptic at their best, exploiting another Scottish team, then saying there's no challenge in this league. Despise them.

I thought Carson looked pretty ropey on Saturday to be honest

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

This made me chuckle. Liked by Gowser and Jordan McGhee. Crazy that clubs still allow their players to work with this man. Allan, Walker, Temps, Gowser, Cummings, Holt all under his guidance? Do Hearts still work with him or are any our current players looked after by him? 

Is that Paul Murray on the the right hand side of King (King’s left)? He looks like he’s aged twenty years and out on about ten stone. 

16 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Glad to see he's became a joke. Hopefully his career as an agent falls apart. Utter helmet of a guy.

Vlad the impaler
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I’m sure the last player we have on our books that “use” agent orange is Angus Beith....and I think we all know how that’s going to end 

Archived