The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen hold nothing over hearts.. This will be the last season they finish above us. The only thing preventing John signing is his family are down south. 

Correct 

Natural Order with the Hibs has resumed the sheep are next on the list.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearts v Motherwell (15:00)

Craig Levein tells BBC Sportsound striker Isma Goncalves is leaving Hearts and heading to Uzbekistan top flight. There are still a few finer details to sorted out for the deal to be concluded.

image.gif.8eda512c98fba0860fd71ea74a58bcee.gif
SNS
Hearts striker Isma Goncalves is heading for the Tynecastle exit door

Portable Badger
32 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

So Malaury Martin still injured :thumbsdown:

#PrayforMalaury

...... and for some team to come in this window and take him off our payroll

Footballfirst

Information on the Docherty deal from an excellent source for all things Hamilton.

SFM @TheSFMonitor

From @moo_ted - so 100% accurate.

Here’s the truth on the Greg Docherty deal ; £650k deal. £350k paid in August when all clubs receive c£700k from SPFL . The rest paid over the next 3 August’s and a personal guarantee signed by King to protect Accies from any insolvency event

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Information on the Docherty deal from an excellent source for all things Hamilton.

SFM @TheSFMonitor

Here’s the truth on the Greg Docherty deal ; £650k deal. £350k paid in August when all clubs receive c£700k from SPFL . The rest paid over the next 3 August’s and a personal guarantee signed by King to protect Accies from any insolvency event

How can a director of a club guarantee to protect another in the same league?

Also, Hamilton are insane trusting him.

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

SFM @TheSFMonitor

Madness- Rangers getting 4 year’s interest free credit? And King’s PG worth jack given his lawyer said he had no funds himself as it’s all “offshore”. None of this will help the presumably dodgy Hamilton financial situation after the scam. 

Not surprising sevco are paying nothing upfront, but what is with King's personal guarantee?  He's not currently able to bail his own club out.

50 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

SFM @TheSFMonitor

No idea why you would even do that as business deal. Insanity or Hamilton are in serious financial difficulty

48 minutes ago, JamboSean said:

How can a director of a club guarantee to protect another in the same league?

Also, Hamilton are insane trusting him.

I read that as incase of an insolvency event for Rangers , King guarantees that Hamilton will be paid

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

No idea why you would even do that as business deal. Insanity or Hamilton are in serious financial difficulty

They lost a reported £900k in a fraud last year, so any future income they can guarantee is welcome.

Todays 1700 crowd will have helped steady their shoogly financial ship then!

Really dislike this embarrassing club and hope they are relegated this season.

11 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Todays 1700 crowd will have helped steady their shoogly financial ship then!

Really dislike this embarrassing club and hope they are relegated this season.

They are a small club punching well above their weight. They have produced some very good young players 

They are not an embarrassment at all 

20 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

They lost a reported £900k in a fraud last year, so any future income they can guarantee is welcome.

Id of thought getting money in quickly would of been preferrable surely? Either way that seems mad to basically give Rangers the player rather than hold on to him til summer and just get the money and lose him at the same time. He could be the difference between Hamilton going down and staying up. 

32 minutes ago, sadj said:

I read that as incase of an insolvency event for Rangers , King guarantees that Hamilton will be paid

Surely King wouldn't be daft enough to even mention another insolvency event for Rangers?

1 minute ago, JamboSean said:

Surely King wouldn't be daft enough to even mention another insolvency event for Rangers?

God knows , i cant see how he can be allowed to guarantor another club as if he did surely it breaches all sorts of sfa laws and also if he can guarantee that it applies access to funds which he claiks in court he doesnt have. Surely that would be picked up on. 

35 minutes ago, sadj said:

That makes a lot more sense.

3 minutes ago, JamboSean said:

Surely Hamilton wouldn't be daft enough not to mention another insolvency event for Rangers?

Footballfirst
18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Id of thought getting money in quickly would of been preferrable surely? Either way that seems mad to basically give Rangers the player rather than hold on to him til summer and just get the money and lose him at the same time. He could be the difference between Hamilton going down and staying up. 

Ideally yes, but my understanding was that Rangers previous offer was just the £350k to be paid in August.  If they have negotiated a further £100k in each of three subsequent years, then it would provide assurance for any director making up the current shortfall that he would get his money back (eventually)

Just now, Footballfirst said:

Ideally yes, but my understanding was that Rangers previous offer was just the £350k to be paid in August.  If they have negotiated a further £100k in each of three subsequent years, then it would provide assurance for any director making up the current shortfall that he would get his money back (eventually)

Thanks FF how does this impact on Kings claim he is skint and how is the word insolvency likely to affect current fears etc at greyskull

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thanks FF how does this impact on Kings claim he is skint and how is the word insolvency likely to affect current fears etc at greyskull

You will have as much idea as I have about King's impecuniosity and how that will play out. The next court date is 28 February.

I don't think we, or anyone else, should be surprised by an insolvency clause in the contract.  It is quite normal in business contracts to have clauses that deal with insolvency or default on the part of one or both of the parties.  I would imagine that most big transfer deals would have such conditions attached, e.g. the registration would revert back to the original club should the buyer fail to meet its obligations, or that the football authorities would be asked to take action against the delinquent club.

There are a number of clauses in the Bidco / FOH funding agreement that deals with default on the part of Hearts or FOH.  Basically, they provide an option for Ann to terminate the agreement and retain or sell the shares as she sees fit. 

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You will have as much idea as I have about King's impecuniosity and how that will play out. The next court date is 28 February.

I don't think we, or anyone else, should be surprised by an insolvency clause in the contract.  It is quite normal in business contracts to have clauses that deal with insolvency or default on the part of one or both of the parties.  I would imagine that most big transfer deals would have such conditions attached, e.g. the registration would revert back to the original club should the buyer fail to meet its obligations, or that the football authorities would be asked to take action against the delinquent club.

There are a number of clauses in the Bidco / FOH funding agreement that deals with default on the part of Hearts or FOH.  Basically, they provide an option for Ann to terminate the agreement and retain or sell the shares as she sees fit. 

So essentially its a standard thing if maybe done slightly differently and has been worded innthe tweet in a way as to draw more attention to it than it merits?

Really hope we can get someone in before the celtic game. We need a ball winner in the middle of the park and cover for Lafferty.

I'm sure Hamilton only have something like 900 season ticket holders. Quite incredible they can actually function in this league.

All of the team's in the Championship with the exception of Brechin and Dumbarton would be a step up from that club in terms of crowds and status.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

That's how I read it too.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

God knows , i cant see how he can be allowed to guarantor another club as if he did surely it breaches all sorts of sfa laws and also if he can guarantee that it applies access to funds which he claiks in court he doesnt have. Surely that would be picked up on. 

That's what I was thinking. It's almost turning Hamilton into a feeder team. 

1 hour ago, WageThief said:

Surely Hamilton wouldn't be daft enough not to mention another insolvency event for Rangers?

C'mon, Rangers aren't going any where.

That deal is absolutely bananas for Hamilton.

Crystal Palace and Swansea (I think) linked to him, would have paid the fee up front but despite being on the financial edge they won’t see a penny for 7 months?

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

An insight to why Jamie Walker and Derek McInnes did not end up there

I wonder how if at all this will be approached by the msm? If thats how they are paying ie buy now pay in 6months well part pay then surely they have to be living beyond their means in a big way. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I wonder how if at all this will be approached by the msm? If thats how they are paying ie buy now pay in 6months well part pay then surely they have to be living beyond their means in a big way. 

I don't doubt it. They are staving it off waiting for a decent return in Europe. Season ticket money must be vital to them 

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

SFM @TheSFMonitor

Er, how about no. All sorts of FairPlay rules stuff must cover that. It would be extremely dodgy for one club in to owe its existence to another club in the same league.

6 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Crystal Palace and Swansea (I think) linked to him, would have paid the fee up front but despite being on the financial edge they won’t see a penny for 7 months?

Mental. It's pretty clear why we didn't sell them Walker. We wouldn't have had enough to bring someone like Naismith in.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't doubt it. They are staving it off waiting for a decent return in Europe. Season ticket money must be vital to them 

Makes it sound like Murty is there for the long haul as they had no other option aswell. Aside from Hibs McInnes has a horrendous record against the other top 5 teams this season. 2points out of 21 i make it yet hes the “only one” they wanted at greyskull?  Hedging the bets is fine but to qualify in Europe they will need a far better team than they have aswell and that would require most bank busting to achieve. Where does that come from? The following seasons season ticket sales on ious for 12 months. It cant be a feasible long term strategy surely

9 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

If Palace and Swansea were really wanting him I'm sure he'd be down south and not at sevco. Rangers are coming out with bullshite like that to appease the monkeys in their support. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Makes it sound like Murty is there for the long haul as they had no other option aswell. Aside from Hibs McInnes has a horrendous record against the other top 5 teams this season. 2points out of 21 i make it yet hes the “only one” they wanted at greyskull?  Hedging the bets is fine but to qualify in Europe they will need a far better team than they have aswell and that would require most bank busting to achieve. Where does that come from? The following seasons season ticket sales on ious for 12 months. It cant be a feasible long term strategy surely

The other cat out of the bag was Murphy. Brighton were seeking assurances so it became a loan until summer. Fresh cash then from season ticket money and prize fund. Hand to mouth is my guess 

Footballfirst
19 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

IS THIS FOLLOW FOLLOW ??

The thread topic is "The January Window" with a tag of "Hearts and Other Clubs"

A discussion about the Docherty transfer is perfectly within that remit, or do you only want JKB to discuss all matters Hearts and nothing else.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The thread topic is "The January Window" with a tag of "Hearts and Other Clubs"

A discussion about the Docherty transfer is perfectly within that remit, or do you only want JKB to discuss all matters Hearts and nothing else.

Aye

17 hours ago, Pagey said:

Madness- Rangers getting 4 year’s interest free credit? And King’s PG worth jack given his lawyer said he had no funds himself as it’s all “offshore”. None of this will help the presumably dodgy Hamilton financial situation after the scam. 

Just like buying a sofa 

16 hours ago, sadj said:

Football rules guarantee they would be paid 

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Football rules guarantee they would be paid 

Only if Rangers came out of Admin or Liquidation. If they went to the wall this summer Hamilton would probably get pennies in the pound. 

14 hours ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Where all the ITK's tonight...Notts/Dazo you two in hiding?

What?? Why should they know anything about Hamilton or sevco . Actually realise you are asking for any news regarding our transfer dealings so apologies 

Archived