The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If this Liam Lindsay thing is true, it shows the importance of snapping us the likes of Cadden, O'Hara, whoever when they are available and can make us a big profit. 

Problem is that only Celtic up here sell into English market meaningfully 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Greg Docherty Hamilton to Rangers being reported as deal done

After being scammed for £1.0m, I presume Hamilton  have to live with nothing up front and lengthy instalments..

He's a good player though.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

For me personally i’d like to see us steer clear of unproven foreign players only caused us problems past couple seasons and ran up a wasted wage bar maybe 1-2 players. Like to see levein go for maybe Mark O’hara pre contract.. potentially bid for Josh Magennis 

Few other players within lower leagues in England and SPL we could potentially be more than capable of bringing through i’m sure. Love to see a striker winger and strong central midfielder this window unlikely to acquire all 3 though i’m sure.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Cracking piece of business that.

Is he any good, never seen him play, never knew he had played much at this level?

1 hour ago, c41rns said:

Replacement lined up for Laff I’m hearing. No idea of who. 

If this has any truth in it, how much is he going for? I suspect a very good fee, we don't need to sell him.

40 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Problem is that only Celtic up here sell into English market meaningfully 

I don't know about that Spencer, we've sold Gordon, Niemi, Berra, Naysmith, Cameron, Skacel, Bednar etc... For decent sums in the past. 

I know what you mean though, likes of Forster, Van Dijk, Wanyama etc.. for a lot of money but those are players where playing CL football and winning trophies. 

Pretty sure if we chuck 800k in for Cadden for example, we would make at least 2 million in profit, maybe more if we move up a gear. 

10 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Harry Souttar signing for Ross County on loan

If he doesn't make it at Stoke I really hope we pick the lad up. Hopefully his brother could give a glowing recommendation of the quality of training offered. 

Interesting about Liam Lindsay, hopefully the lad keeps doing well. I was getting concerned at the lack of options at CB for the national team (although I hope Berra can get the remaining caps he needs to hit 50 for the hall of fame).

Why is there still rumours going about Laff leaving? He’s already dismissed this and I think a few posters are at it! 

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Why is there still rumours going about Laff leaving? He’s already dismissed this and I think a few posters are at it! 

When did he dismiss it?

7 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

2 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

When did he dismiss it?

50 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

If this has any truth in it, how much is he going for? I suspect a very good fee, we don't need to sell him.

Might have someone better lined up. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, JAMMY1980 said:

"I will leave it up to hearts to decide my future"

I think using just that part undermines the sentence, "if something does come around" is just as important. Lafferty there is saying that he wants to stay as long as possible and only Hearts wanting him to go will make him move. A hypothetical point.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

If he doesn't make it at Stoke I really hope we pick the lad up. Hopefully his brother could give a glowing recommendation of the quality of training offered. 

Interesting about Liam Lindsay, hopefully the lad keeps doing well. I was getting concerned at the lack of options at CB for the national team (although I hope Berra can get the remaining caps he needs to hit 50 for the hall of fame).

Own goal on his debut ? (H Souttar)

11 minutes ago, Dazo said:

He’s away, Carlisle. 

Rejected them to sign for us in the summer, can’t see anything to suggest this online but take your word for it

All in all, it's turning out to be a far better transfer window than I could have imagined.  Strengthening the team as well as offloading some of the dead wood, and getting a decent fee for Isma, which gives us a bit of cash to play with.

Just now, Jambo92 said:

He's a goner, im guessing

Just now, Jambo92 said:

He's a goner, im guessing

Correct 

4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don't know about that Spencer, we've sold Gordon, Niemi, Berra, Naysmith, Cameron, Skacel, Bednar etc... For decent sums in the past. 

I know what you mean though, likes of Forster, Van Dijk, Wanyama etc.. for a lot of money but those are players where playing CL football and winning trophies. 

Pretty sure if we chuck 800k in for Cadden for example, we would make at least 2 million in profit, maybe more if we move up a gear. 

Aberdeen thought that when they spent £300,000 on McLean. 800k on Cadden is a big risk in our current position.

4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Not a hope in hell we will be bidding 800k for anyone 

9 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Aberdeen thought that when they spent £300,000 on McLean. 800k on Cadden is a big risk in our current position.

Aberdeen would have got more than 300k for McLean had he been under contract for longer. 

6 minutes ago, theshed said:

We'll have too push the boat out if we ever want to challenge for anything.

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Strangely enough I don't think Cadden is worth anywhere near that.  A couple of seasons ago I thought this lad really had something but he doesn't seem to have kicked on.  Now I don't think he is a winger and I am not sure he is a better MF than we already have.  Unless I am seriously missing something I suggest we stand back and refrain from making any crazy bid for a guy who IMO still has a lot of proving to do.

jamboinglasgow
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Looks like tomorrow could be transfertastic with outs and, maybe ins.

yup, sounds like two out and one in.

2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Correct 

So where are we looking at being in this window now

Noring - released?

Stockton - Gone - Transfer? 

Martin - still here

Grizzly - Gone - released

Leonard - Gone -Transfer £350k

Walker - Gone - Transfer 300k

Isma - Gone - Transfer 300-650k?

Laff - Nothing firm either way - still a jambo 

Naismith - In - Loan

Mitchell - In - Loan

Zanatta - Recalled - promoted to 1st team

Irving - Recalled - promoted to 1st team

Danny - In - Transfer

jamboinglasgow
Just now, sadj said:

So where are we looking at being in this window now

Noring - released?

Stockton - Gone - Transfer? 

Martin - still here

Grizzly - Gone - released

Leonard - Gone -Transfer £350k

Walker - Gone - Transfer 300k

Isma - Gone - Transfer 300-650k?

Laff - Nothing firm either way - still a jambo 

Naismith - In - Loan

Mitchell - In - Loan

Zanatta - Recalled - promoted to 1st team

Irving - Recalled - promoted to 1st team

Danny - In - Transfer

Add in Nowak, rumours that he is wanted by clubs around the place.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Add in Nowak, rumours that he is wanted by clubs around the place.

Forgot about him , maybe Hamilton can loan him til end of the season theyve punted Devlin to Preston.

look of that to keep a balance the first team squad would need another midfielder and two/three strikers dependant on Laff staying or going?

So if Stockton, Isma and Lafferty leave we have no out and out strikers?? Levein surely has players he deems better lined up because you need at least 2 to see us to the end of the season.

Man City signing Laporte means they've spent around £200m this season on their defence and goalkeeper. Probably needed to tbf. 

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Strangely enough I don't think Cadden is worth anywhere near that.  A couple of seasons ago I thought this lad really had something but he doesn't seem to have kicked on.  Now I don't think he is a winger and I am not sure he is a better MF than we already have.  Unless I am seriously missing something I suggest we stand back and refrain from making any crazy bid for a guy who IMO still has a lot of proving to do.

Maybe he is at the wrong club to develope anymore. A move to us might allow him to kick on, he is still a young player.

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Did we recall Paton as well? 

Yeah we did.

We also recalled Roy, Godinho,  

Thought Police
7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I understand your point, but sometimes players can stagnate at a club if they’ve been there a few years.

Look at Souttar, he was completely out the picture at United and now folk are chatting about him being work 20 times what we paid for him.

Archived