The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

40 minutes ago, Badonde said:

They’ve just signed docherty for 700k so I’d imagine he’ll be in the team, whether or not he would replace holt I don’t know.  I’d happily take holt back

That 700k is way off the mark according to reports signifcantly lower than 300k was what Richard Gordon said if i heard right but possibly rising with add ons later

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the event we are binning Stockton and selling both Lafferty and Isma I'll throw the name of a centre forward who is both available and who I think would come in hungry and motivated do well for us:  Chris Martin. Potential move to Sunderland has fallen through (perhaps because they have Lafferty lined up!) and is not figuring in the plans at Derby despite being under contract. Scored 11 in 33 on loan at Fulham last season and it appears that Derby would be easy to work with. Perhaps a deal along the lines of that secured with Norwich for Naismith might be plausible for the remainder of this season. Lafferty is presumably one of our higher earners and with his wage free as well as Isma's I'd like to see us continue to be creative and ambitious with regards our senior players. 

Him and Anya would be 2 further loans I'd be looking at to get back playing in a positive environment at Tynie, help the spine of our side and assist the youngsters being blooded.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

In the event we are binning Stockton and selling both Lafferty and Isma I'll throw the name of a centre forward who is both available and who I think would come in hungry and motivated do well for us:  Chris Martin. Potential move to Sunderland has fallen through (perhaps because they have Lafferty lined up!) and is not figuring in the plans at Derby despite being under contract. Scored 11 in 33 on loan at Fulham last season and it appears that Derby would be easy to work with. Perhaps a deal along the lines of that secured with Norwich for Naismith might be plausible for the remainder of this season. Lafferty is presumably one of our higher earners and with his wage free as well as Isma's I'd like to see us continue to be creative and ambitious with regards our senior players. 

Him and Anya would be 2 further loans I'd be looking at to get back playing in a positive environment at Tynie, help the spine of our side and assist the youngsters being blooded.

Would be ideal but would leave us with allot of loans?

Could really do with some permanent signings for stability and morale?

This would be my concern.

Hopefully if true, option to buy included

A team leaving Jan  with Anya, Martin and Naismith not too mention Mitchell and Danny.

That would be some transfer window.

Would be very exciting!

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Love Robbo. Wants to see his players progress but if Hearts don’t pursue he knows he’s got an excellent talent at ICT. No want away antics from the player, no ransom  demands by the club. All mutually agreeable open and honest. 

Excellent to see.

9 hours ago, Hendricks said:

You can only have 4 loans at any one time. We already have Randall, Naismith, Mitchell and possibly still Smith Brown.

So we could only bring in one more loan player and that would be based on Smith Brown not being at the club.

1 minute ago, 8skacel8 said:

You can only have 4 loans at any one time. We already have Randall, Naismith, Mitchell and possibly still Smith Brown.

So we could only bring in one more loan player and that would be based on Smith Brown not being at the club.

Smith brown is confirmed as away, but I wasn't aware there was a limit on overall loans.  I knew there's a limit on Scottish loans but not international ones

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Smith brown is confirmed as away, but I wasn't aware there was a limit on overall loans.  I knew there's a limit on Scottish loans but not international ones

When and where was that confirmed?

28 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

When and where was that confirmed?

Can't remember exactly, it was Craig Levein in a press conference, I think a pre match one a few weeks ago. I did see him say that he wouldn't be coming back though, and he's been playing in city's reserves since I believe. 

Horatio Caine
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Can't remember exactly, it was Craig Levein in a press conference, I think a pre match one a few weeks ago. I did see him say that he wouldn't be coming back though, and he's been playing in city's reserves since I believe. 

So he's fit then?

Horatio Caine
37 minutes ago, StanLaurel said:

Man City should give us a player for free as compensation. 

Agreed.  Can we have Aguero please?

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

So he's fit then?

Apparently, city reserves tweeted him on 19th saying glad he was fit again 

John Gentleman
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Apparently, city reserves tweeted him on 19th saying glad he was fit again 

How convenient. Manages to stay injured until the window then, VOILA, — fit again!!

1 hour ago, StanLaurel said:

Yeah 

1 hour ago, StanLaurel said:

Yeah, We’ll take Aguero!! 

RustyRightPeg

2 hours ago, StanLaurel said:

Give me big Yaya to chuck Bartley about.

2 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Milinkovic is on loan too is he not?

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Give me big Yaya to chuck Bartley about.

Haha can you imagine Bartley trying to give him some digitalitis ?

10 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Decent squad player . We seem to be stepping up a gear player-wise .  Not so long ago he would have been a regular pick . As always , good luck to the guy

1 minute ago, The Merse said:

He is so we can't have any more loans.

All new signings will have to be perms.

3 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Yeah theres no limit to international loans. I think there is rules for loans from teams in your country not from abroad

2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He is so we can't have any more loans.

All new signings will have to be perms.

That's only a rule for domestic loans as far as I'm aware.

10 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Aye but that is deemed different as he is coming from outside the UK.

We can only have 4 people on loan to us from the UK at any one time.

18 minutes ago, hmfc4life1991 said:

Ryan McGowan just signed for Bradford City

106A1595-01EB-4437-B98F-04B068AA3795.jpeg

Missed opportunity for a cheeky wee 5-1 !!

24 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

That's only a rule for domestic loans as far as I'm aware.

Fair enough, it's hard to keep up with the amount of rules they have.

24 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Aye but that is deemed different as he is coming from outside the UK.

We can only have 4 people on loan to us from the UK at any one time.

pretty sure that loans from out with Scotland are deemed as international. 

LarrysRightFoot

What about players on loan from clubs outside Scotland?

These are not technically loans and so do not count towards the limits. They are international transfers with a return date so a club can take as many of those players as they wish.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/stv.tv/amp/1381905-how-does-scottish-football-s-emergency-loan-system-work/

rudi must stay
49 minutes ago, hmfc4life1991 said:

Happy to see this. Could be a great career move

50 minutes ago, hmfc4life1991 said:

I’m off to Valley Parade in a couple of weeks. Hopefully he’ll be playing . 

Nobody reporting that isma is close to leaving ?

whats happening there. That's the move that will get us money for replacements

13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Nobody reporting that isma is close to leaving ?

whats happening there. That's the move that will get us money for replacements

Le vein joked he didn't know where he was but mentioned not in squad tomorrow.

spoke about striker coming in and a midfielder if nowak and Stockton go as expected. Only read into into it but attitude seemed to suggest isma is gone 

rudi must stay
52 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

I see Danny Wilson is away to the U.S, thats a good move for him in terms of life experience.

I think thats a rubbish career move, but it tells you in football coaching circles he isn't highly rated

1 hour ago, sam? said:

Le vein joked he didn't know where he was but mentioned not in squad tomorrow.

spoke about striker coming in and a midfielder if nowak and Stockton go as expected. Only read into into it but attitude seemed to suggest isma is gone 

Id suggest thats a massive part of who comes and goes or who is on shoogly pegs at the club. Both nowak and Stockton away today. Hats off to whoever it was suggested Panionios???? a couple of weeks ago as Nowaks destination.

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think thats a rubbish career move, but it tells you in football coaching circles he isn't highly rated

He's achieved everything that he will achieve in his career, trophies, caps, money. Lifestyle move for him. 

24 minutes ago, sadj said:

Id suggest thats a massive part of who comes and goes or who is on shoogly pegs at the club. Both nowak and Stockton away today. Hats off to whoever it was suggested Panionios???? a couple of weeks ago as Nowaks destination.

Definitely. Its becoming very clear that CL wants his experienced players, the guys likely to be on the more substantial wages to be top level professionals who we get value for money from both on and off the field. Blooding the number of youngsters we are beside a growing list of quality pros is no accident. The squad is becoming more streamlined all the time and the example setting is key to how that continues to evolve. I think the senior members of the squad have a huge part to play in helping develop your Cochrane's etc and I'd much rather see a smaller squad with more significant quality (even if that means some on higher salaries) augmented by the youngsters.

In my view nobody that has left this window; Nowak, Grzelak, Stockton, Walker so far with Isma likely and Lafferty possibly necessarily fit into that model and the latter two may bring in significant monies to allow CL to move forward with a couple of players who do. I'm massively encouraged as to how he's going about it.

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He's achieved everything that he will achieve in his career, trophies, caps, money. Lifestyle move for him. 

Money's the big one for him. Could have been a well respected player here, now he's in America in a league that isn't scouted very often. His mistake

Archived