11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Never heard of him - Russian?

Uzbeki

straight swap for Isma. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Would be brilliant if we could swing that deal our way. He would terrorise defences up here. 

Loan to the end of the season sounds doable considering what we did with Naismith.

You heard something or is this just your wish list? 

I agree, I think it would be an excellent signing. His pace and directness is exactly what we need and he’d go from being a tiny fish in a massive pond to potentially one of the top players in Scotland.

I’ve heard his name being mentioned as an option but nothing more than that. 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

I agree, I think it would be an excellent signing. His pace and directness is exactly what we need and he’d go from being a tiny fish in a massive pond to potentially one of the top players in Scotland.

I’ve heard his name being mentioned as an option but nothing more than that. 

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Homme said:

I would say Kyle has more than embodied teamwork since he arrived. In fact I can’t believe how much he fights for the team as I did not expect that from him at all.

He’s a big name in British Football terms. Players of his calibre attract better players - see Naismith. It’s about time we tried to raise the status of this club. Everything is in place to do so. Sell Lafferty and we show no ambition IMO.

I agree with this. He's a name defenders in Scotland would worry about coming up against, just on reputation alone.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Would be brilliant if we could swing that deal our way. He would terrorise defences up here. 

Loan to the end of the season sounds doable considering what we did with Naismith.

You heard something or is this just your wish list? 

Can also play LB.

Just joking although he has played at the back for Scotland.

Lafferty has been an absolute talisman since he came in and signs would indicate he's very happy here. I would be extremely angry if we sold him, his attitude since he came in has been first class and him along with Berra have helped instil a steeliness about this team for the first time since the championship season. 

This may sound ridiculous, because as a selling club everyone is for sale for the right price but I would honestly say Berra and Lafferty are crucial to the team and are priceless, certainly in relation to their worth to the team and the difficulty we would have replacing them. Selling Lafferty would be a very silly move, especially with the club so galvanised right now.

Walter Bishop

Was told last night (by a hibs fan) they are very worried McGeough may have been speaking to us. Talk is he has rejected a new deal.

Mr Brightside
On 22/01/2018 at 19:00, DH1986 said:

We need a big, strong and mobile ball winning defensive midfielder. Not easy to find though.

Mark O’Hara at Dundee would fit this discription, available on a pre-contract. Chips in with goals too.

Lafferty is crucial, I do not want to see him leave. How long have we been bemoaning not having a striker who can get into double figures?

Isma, do much potential but can’t seem

to get there. He can go. 

8 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Ikechi Anya for wide player....only been playing (though apparently impressing) for Derby U23’s. Presumably like Naismith wages would be an issue.

Hibs were rumoured to be sniffing around Anya last week 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Any a would be a tremendous signing. Dangerous in attack and solid defensively.

Make it happen Hearts. 

6 hours ago, OTT said:

Lafferty has been an absolute talisman since he came in and signs would indicate he's very happy here. I would be extremely angry if we sold him, his attitude since he came in has been first class and him along with Berra have helped instil a steeliness about this team for the first time since the championship season. 

This may sound ridiculous, because as a selling club everyone is for sale for the right price but I would honestly say Berra and Lafferty are crucial to the team and are priceless, certainly in relation to their worth to the team and the difficulty we would have replacing them. Selling Lafferty would be a very silly move, especially with the club so galvanised right now.

I beleive the Lafferty thing has been confirmed by the player & the club as a load of pish. Repeating it only keeps it alive. Lets move on. 

I dont beleive we need to sell any of our best players. Only the ones we want to move on which free’s up wages & allows us to get a better quality replacement. 

I dont think we are any more of a selling club than say Aberdeen. 

10 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Hibs were rumoured to be sniffing around Anya last week 

Did they hear we were interested like?

1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

Mark O’Hara at Dundee would fit this discription, available on a pre-contract. Chips in with goals too.

He would cost £1m+ as well as big wages. No chance 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No chance. Out of contract at end of season. Pick him up for nothing.

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Because he's under 24 and it would be a domestic transfer I think we'd have to pay compensation. I'm sure you can only get players on a free if they are over 24.

10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Harry Souttar signing for Ross County on loan

Really? He's meant to be the good one, I'll be keeping an eye on him

8 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Because he's under 24 and it would be a domestic transfer I think we'd have to pay compensation. I'm sure you can only get players on a free if they are over 24.

Only been at Dundee a couple of years. No compensation needed. 

21 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Only been at Dundee a couple of years. No compensation needed. 

Apologies. It's only a rule in England it seems. It's different from the training compensation. I think this is how Rangers caused such annoyance with Windass signing as they would have got a fee if he went to an English team. 

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

jamboinglasgow

Seems 22 year old former Patrick thistle centre backs are in demand by premier league clubs. Jack Hendry at Dundee is being watched by West Ham, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth and Newcastle. While it's being reported that Brighton are looking to sign Liam Lindsay for £6m from Barnsley.

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Out of contract at end of season. Apparently no development fee as he was released previously from Killie. Offer £100k now or sign up for start of next season.

Don’t think wages would be an issue as we should be able to offer more than Dundee.

Mr Brightside
17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Seems 22 year old former Patrick thistle centre backs are in demand by premier league clubs. Jack Hendry at Dundee is being watched by West Ham, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth and Newcastle. While it's being reported that Brighton are looking to sign Liam Lindsay for £6m from Barnsley.

If that’s true about Liam Lindsay it shows the importance of adding a sell on fee when selling players to England.

GorgieRulesApply

anyone heard anything about potential incomings? a few people on here mentioning McGeough, would be a good signing but not sure how much truth there is in it.

Just now, GorgieRulesApply said:

anyone heard anything about potential incomings? a few people on here mentioning McGeough, would be a good signing but not sure how much truth there is in it.

Not a chance we will be signing McGeough....it’s a silly rumour.

Aberdeen or down south if he leaves Hibs.

GorgieRulesApply
Just now, DH1986 said:

yeah that's what i'm thinking too 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Really? He's meant to be the good one, I'll be keeping an eye on him

Could be a great signing for them, looking forward to seeing how he does there.

14 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

If that’s true about Liam Lindsay it shows the importance of adding a sell on fee when selling players to England.

Shows you the horrible mark-up playing in England has...not saying he isnt worth 6 mill or that but he has been playing down there not even a season and the premium for him has shot through the roof....bigger sell ons should be demanded from Scottish teams if the hard up front cash doesnt reflect true valuation...more than 10%....money down there is fecking out of order.....

If this Liam Lindsay thing is true, it shows the importance of snapping us the likes of Cadden, O'Hara, whoever when they are available and can make us a big profit. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

If playing for a team fighting relegation has turned him into a £6m player, how much will Paterson be worth??

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Four EPL clubs interested in him. 

35 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Out of contract at end of season. Apparently no development fee as he was released previously from Killie. Offer £100k now or sign up for start of next season.

Don’t think wages would be an issue as we should be able to offer more than Dundee.

Sorry, got the wrong guy. Thought it was Hendry. 

26 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He is an injury risk so that reduces interest in him. . 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Was starting to think that. No problem.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Given centre back has been a major issue for Scotland in recent years it's great to see the likes of Souttar, Hendry, Lindsay, McKenna and McCrorie all doing well.

All we need is a manager who will give these guys a chance...

Mr Brightside
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

That makes sense, Hendry is apparently being watched by EPL teams.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Winger that plays in Denmark- Sure I have heard that somewhere before.

Danny amankwaa

2 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

That makes sense, Hendry is apparently being watched by EPL teams.

Hendry is a strange one in some ways. He's not long back in the Scottish game having failed to make the breakthrough in two years at League One/ Championship level with Wigan. Now aged 22 and a few months in the Dundee first team and suddenly he's being touted as a £1million plus player.

rudi must stay

Interesting that a new Malaury Martin best bits video has appeared online. Always wonder who makes them and why, but it ties in with the rumours we want rid of hin

41 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Interesting that a new Malaury Martin best bits video has appeared online. Always wonder who makes them and why, but it ties in with the rumours we want rid of hin

The video can’t be on for very long. 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

The video can’t be on for very long. 

4 minutes and most of its from an under 20's match

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Winger that plays in Denmark- Sure I have heard that somewhere before.

Good post a couple of weeks ago!!

Archived