The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Strangely enough I don't think Cadden is worth anywhere near that.  A couple of seasons ago I thought this lad really had something but he doesn't seem to have kicked on.  Now I don't think he is a winger and I am not sure he is a better MF than we already have.  Unless I am seriously missing something I suggest we stand back and refrain from making any crazy bid for a guy who IMO still has a lot of proving to do.

I agree re Cadden. Doesn't look to have any real change of pace. That looks a negative for a move to England and might explain why to date it hasn't happened 

Problem with that suggested outlay is the wages that come with it. Just not likely for us and understandably so 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, OTT said:

If he doesn't make it at Stoke I really hope we pick the lad up. Hopefully his brother could give a glowing recommendation of the quality of training offered. 

Interesting about Liam Lindsay, hopefully the lad keeps doing well. I was getting concerned at the lack of options at CB for the national team (although I hope Berra can get the remaining caps he needs to hit 50 for the hall of fame).

He just signed a 4.5 year deal with Stoke recently. They believe he is making it with them 

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah we did.

We also recalled Roy, Godinho,  

Hopefully get a chance as well.. Havent seen much of Roy or godinho but Paton has been superb 

RustyRightPeg
39 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Man City signing Laporte means they've spent around £200m this season on their defence and goalkeeper. Probably needed to tbf. 

They could've given us £20M for Berra, that would solve their issues.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Jamos said:

He just signed a 4.5 year deal with Stoke recently. They believe he is making it with them 

4.5 year deal & Captain of the 23 side, loaned out purely for first team football would suggest to me they have big ambitions for him.

He has the size to fit in down in the EPL, just whether or not he can fulfil the potential he has.

Would happily see a Souttar CB pairing for Scotland in the not so near future...

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hopefully get a chance as well.. Havent seen much of Roy or godinho but Paton has been superb 

Be surprised if Godinho got a chance this season given how strong we are at RB just now with Randall, Smith & Brandon but you never know. I would’ve left him on loan at Berwick or now he’s back up a level to league 1. 

Brauhauser2012

Am I not correct in saying Sammon is still one of the highest paid players on our books? I know hes on loan but I doubt we're getting the full fee we're paying out.

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, Brauhauser2012 said:

Am I not correct in saying Sammon is still one of the highest paid players on our books? I know hes on loan but I doubt we're getting the full fee we're paying out.

Would imagine it’ll be like with us and Mitchell and Naismith we will be paying a small percentage of the wage they are paid. Imagine Thistle will be doing this. Would be better to recall him and flog him this month. Someone will take him 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think using just that part undermines the sentence, "if something does come around" is just as important. Lafferty there is saying that he wants to stay as long as possible and only Hearts wanting him to go will make him move. A hypothetical point.

Obviously he'll leave if we don't want him.

Liverpool look like signing Tony Gallacher from Falkirk, albeit for their U23's.

Would have loved us to have gone in for him.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

He's probably on English Championship wages £7000 8k a week

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe he is at the wrong club to develope anymore. A move to us might allow him to kick on, he is still a young player.

You could be right but while I think it's reasonable to take a risk with someone who has no price tag attached, it's a different matter paying around half a million and hope he develops.  Financially I don't think we should be doing that yet and certainly not before we're free of the new stand cost.

Gene Parmesan
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He definitely isn't :lol:

Intriguing how the team’s good form incrementally reduces the drama and arguments on transfer threads. Seems like all sorts of chat about our strikers but there is an underlying que sera sera attitude among us. Happy days!

Geoff the Mince
20 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

You confusing threads ?

1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Is this permanent or a loan? 

Not sure.

Crucial we now bring in at least one striker as well as the winger. Surely means Lafferty is staying too?

rudi must stay
22 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

He definitely isn't :lol:

I'm good friends with the club accountant and he told me this

I'm not actually

If Stockton goes then i wish him well.

Very low risk signing but always a shame when they don't work out.

Good luck Cole

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Good luck Cole

That's a good move for him. Probably get regular games and in England he's going up a few leagues, how he's earned that who knows, but that's the market everybody taking random punts

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

Good luck Cole

Probably not quite good enough for the SPL. If we're letting him go for nothing I hope we've agreed a hefty %age of any future transfer fee in case he starts banging them in for fun down there

4 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

@Notts1874

Much happenings?

Expect Danish Danny to sign today?

I expect the rapid Dane to sign today. I don't think it takes a genius to work out that another forward is coming in if Isma and Stockton are away.

Just now, Musemic said:

Probably not quite good enough for the SPL. If we're letting him go for nothing I hope we've agreed a hefty %age of any future transfer fee in case he starts banging them in for fun down there

Unless anyone is desperate for him they won't be letting us dictate future % of fees. They are doing us a favour by taking him off our hands.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I expect the rapid Dane to sign today. I don't think it takes a genius to work out that another forward is coming in if Isma and Stockton are away.

One or two forwards?

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

any itk knolege or just the fact, if 2 are going out we must have 1 coming in.

Shame about Stockton, I like the way he plays and gives the team an outlet as a target man.

Sadly, a lot of people think that striker = goals, and if you're not scoring every week, you're useless.  I wish him all the best if he does go!

3 minutes ago, Gav M said:

any itk knolege or just the fact, if 2 are going out we must have 1 coming in.

Just a hunch otherwise we would be extremely lightweight up top.

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Thanks

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Lafferty and Naismith, with a few youngsters (I rate Currie, maybe Zanatta can play there) with some money in the bank wouldn't be a bad situation

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Just a hunch otherwise we would be extremely lightweight up top.

Would we not be bringing in two forwards to replace isma and Stockton?

1 minute ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Think one is enough, Naismith can lead the line up top too.  Lafferty will be first choice, supplemented by a new incoming striker. 

God like creature

I'm not a nasty evil person however can somebody take that French set piece expert off our hands ,

it does my nut in knowing he's getting a wage,Mullary Martins.

kingantti1874
Just now, God like creature said:

I'm not a nasty evil person however can somebody take that French set piece expert off our hands ,

it does my nut in knowing he's getting a wage,Mullary Martins.

Can make him part of the ISMA deal.. Buy one get one free

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Danny the Dane!

Scarf above heed, now please.

From Levein's comments "I'm not talking about him till the deals done" I don't think it'll be completed today. He'd probably have said 'they'll be more about that tomorrow" with a big smile as he's known for if he was very close to signing

12 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Shame about Stockton, I like the way he plays and gives the team an outlet as a target man.

Sadly, a lot of people think that striker = goals, and if you're not scoring every week, you're useless.  I wish him all the best if he does go!

Well said. I liked Cole too. Thanks and good luck Cole Stockton

8 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Naismith and Amankwaa  for Isma and Stockton No ?

I think we'll see another midfield signing if anything (replacement for Walker)

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, tian447 said:

He's an honest lad, but if we want to be up competing with Aberdeen and rangers, he's not the way forward.

Wish him good luck tho.

If he'd scored that sitter v Dunfermline and won us the game, I wonder how things would have turned out.

Just not good enough for us.

Howdy Doody Jambo

We need to leave room in the squad so youngsters get there chance to progress into the first team 

probably about done I'd think 

13 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Naismith and Amankwaa  for Isma and Stockton No ?

I think we'll see another midfield signing if anything (replacement for Walker)

Amankwaa to replace walker as he is a winger

7 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

We need to leave room in the squad so youngsters get there chance to progress into the first team 

probably about done I'd think 

Agreed, let’s run with Lafferty as main striker we’ve also got Naismith who can play upfront and  then would like to see Henderson, Morrison, Keena or Currie (if he’s fit) all getting a run out before end of season. 

49 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

That's a good move for him. Probably get regular games and in England he's going up a few leagues, how he's earned that who knows, but that's the market everybody taking random punts

He's not really, Carlisle is in league 2 like Morecambe. He was only back at Tranmere for a few months after they recalled him from loan. Probably is his 'level' to be honest.

58 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He is going down a couple of levels, if he is going to Carlisle.

On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 15:43, rudi must stay said:

Cadden looks average to me, with free kicks he'll put in a decent ball but he isn't the quickest and I wouldn't pay anything for him. Templeton would improve us but is he not out of contract. You could get him for nothing if you wait, maybe the better option

Did we get money off rangers for Templeton.

Archived