The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Victorian said:

McGeough is definitely their best player.    I would be more than happy to see us go for him. 

He spends more time injured than he plays though

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

We need a big, strong and mobile ball winning defensive midfielder. Not easy to find though.

Yeah, it would allow Cochrane and Djoum or Cowie to get forward a bit more. 

Maybe a big stylish super experienced international midfielder with many caps who plays with a cigar oot.

JS38265705.jpg

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its quite a stretch to single out someone like Sanchez as being mercenary in this day and age.

He gave a mediocre, unambitious Arsenal 3 years which is pretty good going. They messed up his summer move to Man City even affecting a crucial World Cup game with Chile played as the deadline closed. He's a pretty committed player and has done well at Arsenal. 

That's a coup for Man Utd and Mourinho. 

He had  a deal in place with City if he waited it out until Summer and his contract ended, but Man Utd came along with an offer of more money, his agent demanded £5 million from City for the pleasure. So Man Utd offered wages that in no way balance with his skill set in world football, agreed to double the agents fee to £10 million to get it over the line. That is mercenary. Join City and receive a substantial wage and signing on fee in the Summer, but your agent gets nothing but his percentage from your deal or bolt ... we now know what he chose? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42788729

_99709419_poolngog.jpg

Ross County have signed former Liverpool striker David N'Gog until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old arrives in Dingwall as a free agent after recently leaving Greek Superleague side Panionios.

Staggies manager Owen Coyle spent £4m on the Frenchman in 2011, signing him for Bolton from Liverpool.

"I am all too familiar with his qualities and I think he will be an excellent addition to our attacking options," Coyle told the club website.

Ngog, who began his career at Paris St-Germain, spent two seasons in France with Stade de Reims before his switch to Greece.

He finished a six-year stint in English football with a brief period at Swansea City, moving on from Bolton in January 2014.

Not a bad signing for them to be fair.  Not exactly prolific, but plenty of experience.

It surprises me how often Ross County are able to pick up so many foreign signings considering the location, is it safe to assume that the squad aren't put up in Dingwall? 

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

It surprises me how often Ross County are able to pick up so many foreign signings considering the location, is it safe to assume that the squad aren't put up in Dingwall? 

Nah the negotiations go like

So we brought you u pics, had a look around,  will you sign?

No not for me

OK we will drop you off at the train station

When's the train? 

Not till May

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Nah the negotiations go like

So we brought you u pics, had a look around,  will you sign?

No not for me

OK we will drop you off at the train station

When's the train? 

Not till May

Lol.

I don't get the feeling we use Edinburgh enough to sell ourselves.

Maybe we do.

As a test, we should be looking at Christie from Celtic in the summer.

Aberdeen or Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
On 21/01/2018 at 10:21, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Man Utd are essentially getting Sanchez for free while offloading some deadwood.

Arsenal are losing their best player in exchange for a good but not world class player, and no money.

Sanchez gets out of Arsenal and probably doubles his wage while playing in a better team but misses out on his chance to win the league with City

Mkhitaryan now has to play for Arsenal

I'd say Utd are the only real winners.

I'd say Sanchez is the only real winner!

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Absolutely 

Arsenal stopped being about winning years ago 

They not trouser 3 fa cups in 4 years?

Bazzas right boot

Chelsea after a striker of at least 6ft 1.

Stockton- we'll take £1m

Lafferty- we'll take £12m

?

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Was always a rubbish player, don't rate him at all

Where I'm at.. Thought he was gash

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Michael Smith could be heading back down to England. Couple of division one clubs enquired is the rumour.

Probably makes sense. With left back sorted we now have 3 right backs

I’m hearing that a fee has been agreed for Lafferty with an foreign club (possibly Chinese). 

It’s just FB rumours but from folk who are fairly well connected.

Howdy Doody Jambo
On 10/01/2018 at 11:25, milky_26 said:

3 minutes ago, BigC said:

I’m hearing that a fee has been agreed for Lafferty with an foreign club (possibly Chinese). 

maybe the other way round, Lafferty has agreed a fee for a Chinese meal

19 minutes ago, BigC said:

Not sure why Laff would be sold, he was a massive part in the fact naismith came to us...

10 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Why?

Thats why he came hime for him and his missus she is finished following kyle around the world

20 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Absolutely 

Arsenal stopped being about winning years ago 

Think you need to check the record books and refresh your memory. 

22 minutes ago, BigC said:

Thats a distinct possibility not sure if China though. Wonder who Levein would look to bring into replace him? 

3 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Not sure why Laff would be sold, he was a massive part in the fact naismith came to us...

Not convinced of that. Naismith comments re Lafferty were lukewarm at best in his initial press conference on Friday. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Not convinced of that. Naismith comments re Lafferty were lukewarm at best in his initial press conference on Friday. 

1.5 million for Laff or gtf :lol:

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t think Laff was a big part of Naismiths choice. Cowie etc helped and it may have had a bearing as he’d ask Laff about aspects im sure. Naismith will of decided based on whats right for him though.  

Delighted to have Baby Quitongo in, as for Lafferty story it would not surprise me if there were to be interest from Guangzhou or Shanghai - money to burn.

We had the SPL on national tv for awhile not sure if the two year deal has expired or not.

Just to add Chairman Xi Jin Ping is very serious about China being a football superpower by 2050, they have the money to invest and the fans are slowly starting to follow the game behind Basketball and perhaps Baseball, although more a Taiwanese thing rather than Chinese.

Million for Lafferty and get Sow back for next to nothing. Also sign up up Cadden and McGeouch or Docherty with the loose  change. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Million for Lafferty and get Sow back for next to nothing. Also sign up up Cadden and McGeouch or Docherty with the loose  change. 

Which of those three would be the best solution in midfield do you think and why?

I'd only accept £1m for Lafferty if Levein was allowed to reinvest it in the squad straight away.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Which of those three would be the best solution in midfield do you think and why?

All three would be needed. Already looking for a winger (Cadden) and a  midfielder (McGeouch or Docherty). If Lafferty leaves Sow to replace him   Would still be short of a striker. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

McGeouch or Docherty are type we badly need. Ball - winners and full of energy. The midfield engines of both their current Clubs. We don’t  have someone like that at the moment. . 

kingantti1874

I don't want to lose lafferty.. But if we got a mill and could bring in Sow and Cadden that would be acceptable 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

McGeouch or Docherty are type we badly need. Ball - winners and full of energy. The midfield engines of both their current Clubs. We don’t  have someone like that at the moment. . 

McGeouch isn't a ball winner, more a playmaker creative type.

We cannot afford to lose Lafferty, Naismith is a short term loan deal so we would be left with a huge hole to fill in summer.

I know there is a thread on Isma but it is related, he looks either disinterested and/or overweight - I want him to succeed but at present he is not the answer and maybe sometime on the bench when Lafferty and Naismith are first on the team sheet will do him the power of good.

Sorry to add, Sow coming back I don't think will happen not sure Craig Levein is a fan of bringing back ex-players.

At this moment in time I think we need another forward in, losing our highest goalscorer for even a million would not fix the team, so a no from me.

1.5+ for Lafferty please.

8 minutes ago, bistokid said:

McGeouch isn't a ball winner, more a playmaker creative type.

Disagree. He is in the oppositions  face the entire game. McGinn is more their  playmaker. 

Really don't know why we'd want to lose a striker when we've only just got to where we need to be in terms of squad depth. Especially seeing as Naismith is a short term fix. January is a crappy time to pick new players up and we may end up having to look for 2 new strikers in the summer.

Think we'll pick up a winger from Europe on the cheap and that'll be us. Anything else will be a huge bonus.

Archived