The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

7 minutes ago, andrew said:

So rumours that Noring, Novak and Smith-Brown are all away, hopefully that frees up some cash for a couple more good signings.

A pacy left winger and an attacking central midfielder would go down a treat.

Noring and nowak are still here.Go with facts not hear say.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JAMMY1980 said:

Noring and nowak are still here.Go with facts not hear say.

Levein has already been quoted saying Novak would likely be away this window.

I'd also imagine Noring will be away back to Sweden so it would make more sense for him to leave now and get a pre season with a new club than try and find something midway through their season.

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

We're only wanting 1 more. Smith-Brown's contract is up in the summer, I think that's worth remembering. If he's got it would be madness to send him back

Are you sure about his contract? According to transfermarkt it says he is contracted till 2019. But think provided he can get his fitness back then I want him to stay so he and Mitchell can push each other.

7 minutes ago, andrew said:

Levein has already been quoted saying Novak would likely be away this window.

I'd also imagine Noring will be away back to Sweden so it would make more sense for him to leave now and get a pre season with a new club than try and find something midway through their season.

What you said was that rumour has it they ARE away.Totally different.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Are you sure about his contract? According to transfermarkt it says he is contracted till 2019. But think provided he can get his fitness back then I want him to stay so he and Mitchell can push each other.

They could have a bit of a rivalry going on being from opposite manchester clubs. Could use it to push each other on

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Football manager thinks his contract is up at the end of this season

rudi must stay

Only one winner in the Mkaha Sanchez deal and that's Arsenal. Exactly the player they need, suits their style of play perfectly, IMO

So Make Some Noise..
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Only one winner in the Mkaha Sanchez deal and that's Arsenal. Exactly the player they need, suits their style of play perfectly, IMO

Only one winner though? When the other team is getting Alexis Sanchez?!  :facepalm:

Man Utd are essentially getting Sanchez for free while offloading some deadwood.

Arsenal are losing their best player in exchange for a good but not world class player, and no money.

Sanchez gets out of Arsenal and probably doubles his wage while playing in a better team but misses out on his chance to win the league with City

Mkhitaryan now has to play for Arsenal

I'd say Utd are the only real winners.

19 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’ve no doubt companies wanted to sponsor him - he was the golden boy of English football for a period.

But like Beckham he was not even close to being the best player in the world at any point.

The just got a lot more hype because of their nationally and power of the English media.

And the Becham's and their brats are still getting it to this day

Aye, the team getting Alexis Sanchez for the price of a player they don't want or need is getting screwed over like. 

Sanchez is one of the reasons why they are doing so poorly. When the going gets tough he hides out on the touchline. Won’t be missed. Can’t remember his last goal in a big game.

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Sanchez is one of the reasons why they are doing so poorly. When the going gets tough he hides out on the touchline. Won’t be missed. Can’t remember his last goal in a big game.

Liverpool in December. Spurs in November.

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Only one winner though? When the other team is getting Alexis Sanchez?!  :facepalm:

Not the player he was. Can't believe Man Utd have been conned here, that never used to happen, but it shows you they aren't what they were

Sanchez to come running out of the tunnel at half time with the maroon scarf above his head shouting FTH as hes announced as our new winger

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Not the player he was. Can't believe Man Utd have been conned here, that never used to happen, but it shows you they aren't what they were

Based on? He's still Arsenals best player and 2nd top scorer despite missing about the first month and not bothering his arse for the rest. 

19 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

You might be surprised if what I have heard coming out of London Colney is true. Good reason why Man City backed out. Sanchez is football's biggest mercenary where it is beyond doubt the driving force was money and not trophies.

I think the who’s won the transfe idea is a bit redundant. 

Aresenal are swapping a player who has downed tools, is hated by team mates, and who is a visible divisive influence on the pitch. 

Sanchez opponenly suggested his team mates didn’t match his work rate or ability or desire and agitated for a move to a rival. 

Mhykky is a good player who doesn’t fit the current tactical system at Utd, or fit with Jose’s vision of hard nosed competitors who are happy to run, fight and follow strict instructions off the ball. He could  go through two years of the Luke Shaw treatment and still not come out the other end a Mourinho player. 

However, he is exactly the ethereal technician that Wenger loves. He is exactly the type of 8/7/10 skill midget that Aresene loves to play in 4 slots between his striker and his holding player. He will be free to play his own game - and worked very well with Aubameyang at Dortmund if Arsenal can pull that off. 

Sanchez will fit beautifully with Lukaku and Pogba and Matic. He will be another hugely physical battler who is exactly Jose’s type. Jose is perfectly happy channeling the internal competition and aiming that confrontation side out at his opponents. Utd already look like they’d win any paggers in the tunnel against anyone, Sanchez only adds to that. 

Both trams are swapping a player who doesn’t want to be there for one that, at least on paper, is a great fit. 

Mhykky wont stop Top 4 sides waltzing through the gunners midfield, however - not will benching either Martial or Rashford improve Jose’s reputation for holding back young players. 

More to this

Sanchez allegedly offered a grand for sex is what I have heard

don’t t know anymore than that

Interesting to hear CL say that were still looking to get 2 more in.

Centre mid and a winger.

Getting through to the next round of the cup will probably help that from a financial perspective.

Wonder who's on the radar. 

Surely Stockton is one of the players on the way out this month.

Couldn't even get off the bench today. 

1 minute ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Surely Stockton is one of the players on the way out this month.

Couldn't even get off the bench today. 

And Martin not even on the bench.

35 minutes ago, andrew said:

And Martin not even on the bench.

Yeah, I'd get rid of Buaben as well. 

Give McLaughlin a new deal and hopefully get a creative midfielder in. 

16 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Yeah, I'd get rid of Buaben as well. 

Give McLaughlin a new deal and hopefully get a creative midfielder in. 

Buaben was injured but still in Craig’s plans I believe. 

Just seen a link online that says Rangers want 10m for Morales

Had to check date of paper to make sure it wasn’t 1st April. 

File this one under 5m for fat ass McGinn

18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Buaben was injured but still in Craig’s plans I believe. 

God damn it. 

3 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

God damn it. 

I like Buaben. He may not be exactly the type of player we are all hoping for (creative central playmaking midfielder) but his versatility is fantastic. When he has the right balance of players around him he can be a great team player. Never hides, looks for the ball always, supports his player along side by always being available, has the ability to pass well and strong on the ball.

He may make the odd mistake (like every player) but I can deal with that.

Just now, adayinmay said:

I like Buaben. He may not be exactly the type of player we are all hoping for (creative central playmaking midfielder) but his versatility is fantastic. When he has the right balance of players around him he can be a great team player. Never hides, looks for the ball always, supports his player along side by always being available, has the ability to pass well and strong on the ball.

He may make the odd mistake (like every player) but I can deal with that.

Not for me. Time to move on. We need to step up a level. 

Good Championship player. 

4 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

Dons apparently interested in Cadden  and McGeough (bbc rumours) 

Seen it in the DR as well! Anybody think we've got any chance of signing Cadden? DR saying they already turned down £400K from Oxford in the Summer. 

Lucille's Thirsty
On 21/01/2018 at 10:13, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Mourinho will turn Alexis Sanchez into a auxiliary right wing back.

Lucille's Thirsty
4 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

You’ve got to hand it too the sheep when they do business they rarely get it wrong.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Kenny McLean joins Norwich for £200k loaned straight back to Aberdeen for rest of season.

I think McLean has done Aberdeen a real turn here.....he could have easily signed a precontract agreement and trousered that dough for himself.

Gimme an H...
6 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

We should be all over McGeough

2 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

We should be all over McGeough

I reckon Hibs would charge us a lot more than they'd charge other teams, I also don't see him signing a pre-contract with us as he'd have to spend the next few months at hibs with their team, manager and fans knowing that he's soon to be an arch rival. For what it's worth I've always thought he's the superior centre mid in derbies for them

5 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I reckon Hibs would charge us a lot more than they'd charge other teams, I also don't see him signing a pre-contract with us as he'd have to spend the next few months at hibs with their team, manager and fans knowing that he's soon to be an arch rival. For what it's worth I've always thought he's the superior centre mid in derbies for them

Pre contract would be fine. They then have to decide whether to keep playing someone who has signed for us or they let him go for nominal  amount. Given their finances the latter is more likely. I think he is a must sign for us. Exactly the type of player we need. 

Gimme an H...
14 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

He is their best player IMO.

I don't doubt they wouldn't play ball with us if we tried to buy him this window but I do think he's exactly what we need to compliment Cochrane/Djoum (would allow Djoum to get further forward where he is usefull). I was suggesting a pre-contract.

He wouldn't be the first and won't be the last to switch sides in Edinburgh...

rudi must stay
On 21/01/2018 at 10:34, Jamos said:

You might be surprised if what I have heard coming out of London Colney is true. Good reason why Man City backed out. Sanchez is football's biggest mercenary where it is beyond doubt the driving force was money and not trophies.

It's crazy to say but I don't think he'd play every week at Man City. But he's guaranteed games at Man Utd and I think he'll be their big attacking hope. That itself shows you the gap and unless Man Utd go for youth the same as Man City are then they won't catch them IMO

On 21/01/2018 at 10:07, rudi must stay said:

Absolutely 

Arsenal stopped being about winning years ago 

Its quite a stretch to single out someone like Sanchez as being mercenary in this day and age.

He gave a mediocre, unambitious Arsenal 3 years which is pretty good going. They messed up his summer move to Man City even affecting a crucial World Cup game with Chile played as the deadline closed. He's a pretty committed player and has done well at Arsenal. 

That's a coup for Man Utd and Mourinho. 

We need another midfielder. 

I can't make my mind up whether they should be more defensive or attacking though.

Until Cowie came on, we were getting overloaded a bit in midfield. 

Young Cochrane does not have the strength yet to really dominant in the middle of the park yet. Plenty of fight and can play. But a couple years of being strong enough for just two in the middle.

17 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We need another midfielder. 

I can't make my mind up whether they should be more defensive or attacking though.

Until Cowie came on, we were getting overloaded a bit in midfield. 

We need a big, strong and mobile ball winning defensive midfielder. Not easy to find though.

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

McGeough is definitely their best player.    I would be more than happy to see us go for him. 

CL did mention needing a midfielder and winger.  

McGeouch & Templeton both out of contract and clubs can talk to them without the clubs consent.  

Would be great get lennon wound up even more with an approach for his most talented midfielder 

Archived