The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

£1million for Kyle Lafferty would be an astonishing bit of business.

Ye would be good business

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very much doubting that Lafferty is off to a Chinese club, especially after the Chinese Super League brought in a rule about foreigners:

The league has rules, however, restricting the number of foreign players strictly to five per team, including a slot for a player from AFC countries. A team could use a maximum of four foreign players on the field each game. This is to promote native player improvement and to conform to rules regarding international club competitions in the AFC.

There is also a policy that states the team must have more U23 players than foreign players.

Can't see it happening.

Would hate to see Lafferty go. While there are those who appear to have been on his back recently, he’s a massive player for us (not just in height) both on and off the park. As MacPhee pointed out a while back, Hearts require a striker with a certain type of attitude and personality in order to flourish as our fans aren’t afraid of being vocal. Lafferty fits this mould - not many strikers do. Isma, for example, has never really connected with the supporters and while he’s shown that he has bags of talent, I think the pressure of being a front man for our club gets to him and impacts his game greatly. 

Ideally, and probably being a tad too optimistic here: Lafferty stays, a club comes in for Isma, and we replace him with Sow - knows the club, the fans love him, had a very decent scoring record with us and he only appears to have played 15 games for MK Dons so could happen. Not sure how long he has on his contract there.

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, lou said:

Sow, Temps and Cadden coming in would be perfect

Cadden looks average to me, with free kicks he'll put in a decent ball but he isn't the quickest and I wouldn't pay anything for him. Templeton would improve us but is he not out of contract. You could get him for nothing if you wait, maybe the better option

Section G The Place To Be

Would hate to see Lafferty go but if it’s for a million then we can’t turn that down.

What about this.

1 million for Lafferty

Use 500k to tie Naismith into a 2/3 year deal. 

400k offer for Caden with addons after X amount of games/caps and a sell on percentage 

Sign McGeough on a pre contract offer £100k to the wee team to take him now instead of in summer. 

2 very good players in and signed up. One very good experienced players signed permanently for a couple of years at the cost of losing Lafferty. 

Re the Lafferty thing, I heard this earlier (and stuck something in the Gullit).  It would seem a bit of a strange one to me.  He's spoken a lot of the connections he's made with the club and the fans and how this is the ideal place for him to be. 

3 minutes ago, tomtom said:

Hearing a rumour that Goncalves could be away to some club in Azbekistan for a huge salary.....

Almost exactly what I was told a couple of days ago by another poster on here............different country though.

Actually it may just be that your spelling is a bit wonky.

Section G The Place To Be
8 minutes ago, Haken said:

Re the Lafferty thing, I heard this earlier (and stuck something in the Gullit).  It would seem a bit of a strange one to me.  He's spoken a lot of the connections he's made with the club and the fans and how this is the ideal place for him to be. 

True. Although if the club receive a big offer and they accept it then Lafferty might think he’d be doing us a favour getting big money for the club.

If its the Chinese market he could be back within a year. Having made a lot of money. A last big pay day maybe. 

letsalldothebeattie

Would be surprised and would hate to see Lafferty leave but agree with some comments if the club receive a massive offer and he gets offered big money it will only end one way I think. 

8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You both might get your wish with this one.

Who is coming in is more pertinent though. 

Isma and Lafferty score goals in this league, but if we can get say 1.5/2 million for the pair of them then I wouldn't lose sleep, we would definitely need to replace them but with that sort of money plus the wages they'd free up we should be able to get about four players in of similar or better quality 

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Almost exactly what I was told a couple of days ago by another poster on here............different country though.

Actually it may just be that your spelling is a bit wonky.

Azerbaijan more likely. Lots of football money there at the moment. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Who is coming in is more pertinent though. 

I think it will depend on this Isma transfer. Decent money I believe.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Just a Isma or Lafferty as well? Just that he made a strange comment on twitter last week saying his departure was Hearts decision to make, not his. 

Bazzas right boot

If isma goes we definitely need a bit creativity.

Although his decision making can be atrocious for an adult football player, he tries things and like his back heel n Sunday he's maybe the only player now that tries this sort of thing.

If we get money and one or two in - we'll be laughing.

Lafferty, be a shame, but if he gets one last chance to earn stupid money and bags us a fee- he goes with my blessing.

Maroonblood22

Would hate to see Lafferty go, but if the money’s right then every player has their price I suppose.

Would much rather see Isma go and see who we can bring in to support Lafferty & Naismith.

if we lose both Isma and Lafferty we will be up shit creek. We still have a lot to play for and Cole Stockton leading the line give me the fear

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

if we lose both Isma and Lafferty we will be up shit creek. We still have a lot to play for and Cole Stockton leading the line give me the fear

I can't imagine a scenario in which we let them go without having adequate replacements lined up

anything north of 500k for Isma would be decent money. 

Im interested to see how this Naismith / Lafferty combo works though, so hopefully we're less inclined to sell him, unless it's good money. 

We could sell both and bring in a better striker and a midfielder, who knows. 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

anything north of 500k for Isma would be decent money. 

Im interested to see how this Naismith / Lafferty combo works though, so hopefully we're less inclined to sell him, unless it's good money. 

We could sell both and bring in a better striker and a midfielder, who knows. 

Lafferty has baggage. I have a feeling Isma is Levein's big hope as a player, he has all the talent his attitude just needs to improve. When you consider what Levein had before as Hearts manager, you can understand why he'd want a player like him around

SaughtonJambo

Levein does well at unearthing strikers for the spl, de vries, sandaza. Have faith he'll bring in a good replacement if Isma goes

12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Lafferty has baggage. I have a feeling Isma is Levein's big hope as a player, he has all the talent his attitude just needs to improve. When you consider what Levein had before as Hearts manager, you can understand why he'd want a player like him around

I don't think Levein would have signed/either Lafferty or Isma had he been the manager. 

Agree that Isma has talent but I don't see us turning down cash for him. 

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Danny Wilson possible move to the MLS.. Kansas City

As long as he never comes back to us he can go anywhere. 

Awful 

Just now, Chaps said:

Levein has had talks with McGlaughin over a new deal. He’s just waiting on Jon getting back to him.

YAAASSSS where are u hearing this tho

Lose Lafferty and all the good work of the transfer window is undone. 

We we must continue the season with him and Naismith up front if we are going to do anything.

Wish some folk would stop chasing fees for all our players and instead will them to stay at the club. 

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Any idea if Levein would be given a chunk of the cash to reinvest in the squad mate?

15 minutes ago, Homme said:

Lose Lafferty and all the good work of the transfer window is undone. 

We we must continue the season with him and Naismith up front if we are going to do anything.

Wish some folk would stop chasing fees for all our players and instead will them to stay at the club. 

Not if we sign someone better. I like Laff as a player but it’s a team we need and maybe someone could be a better part. If we get good money for him then it could be the right decision. I trust Craig on this one. 

35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not if we sign someone better. I like Laff as a player but it’s a team we need and maybe someone could be a better part. If we get good money for him then it could be the right decision. I trust Craig on this one. 

I would say Kyle has more than embodied teamwork since he arrived. In fact I can’t believe how much he fights for the team as I did not expect that from him at all.

He’s a big name in British Football terms. Players of his calibre attract better players - see Naismith. It’s about time we tried to raise the status of this club. Everything is in place to do so. Sell Lafferty and we show no ambition IMO.

Brauhauser2012

Hopefully we might still sign another player. We are still short of creativity up front and if the options we have get injured as we saw recently we don't have the depth to deal with it. When some teams are determined to kick us off the park we need these options. 

1 hour ago, Homme said:

I would say Kyle has more than embodied teamwork since he arrived. In fact I can’t believe how much he fights for the team as I did not expect that from him at all.

He’s a big name in British Football terms. Players of his calibre attract better players - see Naismith. It’s about time we tried to raise the status of this club. Everything is in place to do so. Sell Lafferty and we show no ambition IMO.

Kind of where I am.  I had some concerns about Lafferty's character and the potential negative impact he could have on the dressing room.  But, from what I've read, he appears to have slotted in ok and I don't imagine players like Berra would allow him, or anyone else, to cause any snash.  Just my view.

I think the prospect of Lafferty and Isma both going would be madness.  Replacing two strikers in January?  Not for me.

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Uzbekistan I hear possibly.

The sun is now running with him off to Uzbekistan. Saying he said buy to his team mates today.

Do we still have dibs on Sammon?

We could try and see if any orientals will stump up a mill for the Fish?

Strike while irons hot and all that.

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The sun is now running with him off to Uzbekistan. Saying he said buy to his team mates today.

That’s what I heard today mate.

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

ITK’ers quiet about Isma’s replacement. 

S’happnin?

Never heard of him - Russian?

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I was there and I thought he said sell, lost a cool million on pork bellies :-)

Ikechi Anya for wide player....only been playing (though apparently impressing) for Derby U23’s. Presumably like Naismith wages would be an issue.

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Ikechi Anya for wide player....only been playing (though apparently impressing) for Derby U23’s. Presumably like Naismith wages would be an issue.

Would be brilliant if we could swing that deal our way. He would terrorise defences up here. 

Loan to the end of the season sounds doable considering what we did with Naismith.

You heard something or is this just your wish list? 

Archived