• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Levein's tactics don't work in big games. Those same tactics struggle to win any game. 

He readily admits to hating blood and guts football. Football played with emotion. 

When asked if he regretted his post-match comments from January, Levein was unwilling to offer a direct response..

He said: "Listen, Hibs played exactly how I expected them to play.

"We just didn't do well enough in possession of the ball.

"Better than we have been doing recently, in the last third of the pitch when we had opportunities to play a composed pass, we ended up rushing things.

"At the other end we defended really well, John (Souttar) and Christophe (Berra) were excellent.

He is strangling this team. 

He lost me tonight. He has had all season and great resources. We are truly dire. Was there anyone who actually thought Cochrane should start tonight? Levein has ruined him. The poor boy will be cycling with a Delivaroo bag next year due to Levein's man management.

Smith&Weston
39 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Levein's tactics don't work in big games. Those same tactics struggle to win any game. 

He readily admits to hating blood and guts football. Football played with emotion. 

When asked if he regretted his post-match comments from January, Levein was unwilling to offer a direct response..

He said: "Listen, Hibs played exactly how I expected them to play.

"We just didn't do well enough in possession of the ball.

"Better than we have been doing recently, in the last third of the pitch when we had opportunities to play a composed pass, we ended up rushing things.

"At the other end we defended really well, John (Souttar) and Christophe (Berra) were excellent.

He is strangling this team. 

These interviews paint a 1000 words for me.  It was the same on Sunday.  We take 4500 fans to a cup Quarter Final and the 1st half display was timid, unorganised and lacking any urgency.  We play for 20 minutes and he claims we control the match.  We were just god dam poor.

Tonight, we battle in 1st half and then fall out game again in 2nd.  I don’t even think Hibs were that good tonight but we’re on the front door and therefore deserves to win.  For him to say we played well but didn’t take our chances is laughable.  I don’t want us to play like that.  We have Berra and Souttar at the back with a good GK so should be able to trust them and go and attack.  Adao also played well but our lack of ambition just invites pressure against every team we play.

merseyjambo

The question keeps getting asked - if not CL then who

Hopkin at Livingston

Jack Ross 

Paul Tisdale from Exeter

John Coleman at Accrington

Paul Hurst at Shrewsbury

Michael Flynn at Newport

Half a dozen names straight off the bat who are working with resources that are inferior to ours and have their teams competing and playing football.

Hearts need to think outside the box for the next appointment. 

30 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Shouldn't be too hard. We have barely been in a box all season.

TyphoonJambo

At the risk of instantly being thrown into the “happy clappers” box, I would keep CL. We were all happy a few weeks ago when we were grinding out results, all content with the bigger picture and the development of home grown youngsters. Now, as usual on kickback, it’s all forgotten. Yes we were beaten by Hibs at fester road, nothing new there, but let’s keep calm. Rome wasn’t built in a year, give them a chance.

Presumably Cathro was compromised out.  But it is possible he is still being paid.

Then payoffs for 2 years for Levein and MacPhee would presumably be required.  And for whatever deals Daly and Fox are on.  Add new management staff, a complete rebuild of the squad, an expensive new pitch and all the expensive final touches to the stand.  An expensive time ahead if the Board finally wakes up to Levein's mess.

Ron Burgundy

I renewed my season ticket this year knowing I'd miss half the games due to my sons football. 

No chance I'll renew next season. Absolutely zero.

I think finishing bottom 6 wouldn’t be a bad thing, can you imagine playing the top 6 as it is with the current set up, we’d get embarrassed. 

Class of 75
31 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

At the risk of instantly being thrown into the “happy clappers” box, I would keep CL. We were all happy a few weeks ago when we were grinding out results, all content with the bigger picture and the development of home grown youngsters. Now, as usual on kickback, it’s all forgotten. Yes we were beaten by Hibs at fester road, nothing new there, but let’s keep calm. Rome wasn’t built in a year, give them a chance.

I'm afraid with this current set up Rome is crumbling 

54 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If this wasn’t so accurate it would be funny! ?

ROCK LOBSTER
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

The question keeps getting asked - if not CL then who

Hopkin at Livingston

Jack Ross 

Paul Tisdale from Exeter

John Coleman at Accrington

Paul Hurst at Shrewsbury

Michael Flynn at Newport

Half a dozen names straight off the bat who are working with resources that are inferior to ours and have their teams competing and playing football.

Hopkin for me but I would like to know what really happened with Jack Ross at hearts

51 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

What people are failing to realise is that Levein has been in charge of all footballing matters at the club for 4 years now.

He created this mess and has come to the dugout to try to sort his own mess out and now he is failing at at. He certainly ain’t building any Rome that’s for sure!

3 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

If this wasn’t so accurate it would be funny! ?

Not sat and worked it all out but back of fag packet stuff we have failed to score in half our games.

7 hours ago, Gnjambo16 said:

Really are you sure ? I thought tonight they contributed nothing. Because they are young then we cut them some slack but at the end of they day we lost and they were all at best a 4 . I would rather have older guys who could cope and didn’t get beat 2:0 but that’s just me . 

Who was your MOTM? I'd say Godinho, a youngster, but that's just me

Wonder if he'll do a close season fans q&a like Cathro and MacPhee did last season. A fair few folk swallowed the soundbites that came out of that, not so sure the fans would be in such a forgiving mood however, considering the state he, as Director of Football presided over this season

2 minutes ago, gedster said:

Wonder if he'll do a close season fans q&a like Cathro and MacPhee did last season. A fair few folk swallowed the soundbites that came out of that, not so sure the fans would be in such a forgiving mood however, considering the state he, as Director of Football presided over this season

Yes but you knew better at the time, didn't you.

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yes but you knew better at the time, didn't you.

Based on his shambles that went before, think most sane people would have taken it all with an open mind and a pinch of salt. However we all lived in hope

Toxteth O'Grady

I said at the time he became manager that Ann was giving him enough rope to hang himself - I think if he misses out on top 6 he will walk. Otherwise he will struggle on for the time being 

Beginning to think the Op is right . 

DOF and at management level . Give him till Dec to see if he can turn it round 

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I renewed my season ticket this year knowing I'd miss half the games due to my sons football. 

You won't be missed. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Get Levein, McPhee, Fox and Daly all emptied - before the end of the season. It needs to be a Budgement Day II massacre.

In an Ironic twist, the only coach left in tynecastle Gary Locke gets the tracksuit back on as caretaker for a few games at the end of the season. He actually done alright last time we finished bottom 6, we won all of our post split games. Plus he will do it for free, Brilliant.

Could get JJ in as DoF. Big Giles Rousset is a goalkeeping coach isn't he? Get him in. Robbo can come back down the road from Inverness too, right now there's plenty of jobs for Leveins boys (even though they dont get results as coaches) so surely there's plenty of jobs for the PHM 1998 boys... *sigh*...

They'll all be at Tynecastle for the '98 20th Anniversary on May 20th, I wonder if Levein will be there, he probably wont want to go, they'll all have their medals, even Robbo :lol: meanwhile Craig was in Cowdenbeath at that time, send him back there IMO

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

ford donald
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If he is still manager next season,I will not be putting one penny into Hearts,its a disgrace the footballing side.

AB needs to take off her rose coloured specs! Playing your rivals,shots on target O, must be a record,the CL way.

Ron Burgundy
47 minutes ago, Ministry said:

You won't be missed. 

Zzzzzzzz

No but my hard earned cash will be. 

Enzo Chiefo
46 minutes ago, Ministry said:

You won't be missed. 

His money will be missed and the atmosphere that he helps to create will be missed, along with hundreds of others who won't be renewing.  The fans trump the custodians of the club . To increase hospitality and corporate revenue , the product on the park has to be right. Levein is incapable of delivering tgat product. AB already has the hard core support that happy clap and stump up their cash every week regardless.  She has them in a financial headlock already. However, the small hard core can't sustain a club our size so when ST sales drop and match day revenues drop, so the penny will drop with AB too. She needs to clear out the football department and start again.

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, ford donald said:

If he is still manager next season,I will not be putting one penny into Hearts,its a disgrace the footballing side.

AB needs to take off her rose coloured specs! Playing your rivals,shots on target O, must be a record,the CL way.

Me neither. Not going to prop up Levein's mismanagement and stubborn  attritional style of play.  Yesterday's man.

I'm not a fan of having a revolving door for managers & think Levein should stay, although changes are obviously needed. 

But, who replaces him? What manager would come in & improve our squad better than Levein can?

Which manager would come in and get the fans back together and get us renewing our ST's?

FWIW, I think Craig has the safest job in football, but then I said that about Robbie! 

ford donald
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Think he should stay and get summer transfer window and first quarter of next season 

Think he should leave asap.

Levein needs to be given time. 

He didn't build the decent team we had in his first spell overnight. 

3 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I'm not a fan of having a revolving door for managers & think Levein should stay, although changes are obviously needed. 

But, who replaces him? What manager would come in & improve our squad better than Levein can?

Which manager would come in and get the fans back together and get us renewing our ST's?

FWIW, I think Craig has the safest job in football, but then I said that about Robbie! 

If we're to believe in levein then pick anyone from Daly mcphee or fox ..

Billy Davies was slated on here for saying the club needed major changes .I'm not saying he's the man to replace levein but he's right in what he said 

MacDonald Jardine
11 hours ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Or how about that despite how the knuckle draggers think, we just cannot do any better than Levein? 

And why is that?

This should be a job any manager would want. 

All Out Attack

We were inundated with quality applicants the last time and that won't change. The key think here is to remove the entire trainee manager programme along with Levein, so a new man can do it properly. 

1 minute ago, redm said:

Nobody. We have a very important summer transfer window coming up and I’m keen to see what he does with it. 

This for me. He's in the last chance saloon now I'd say. I know there are folk who believe he has been behind the catastrophic signings and, to a degree I suppose he must have sanctioned them but the signings in the summer will be his 100%. If they are poor and the football on offer doesn't improve he will have to go and, if he does I don't think he can just be shuffled upstairs.

ford donald
3 minutes ago, jambocub said:

If we're to believe in levein then pick anyone from Daly mcphee or fox ..

Billy Davies was slated on here for saying the club needed major changes .I'm not saying he's the man to replace levein but he's right in what he said 

Your right,he said the coaching staff would be cleared out,obviously knows the problems.

HeartofHartley
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Haha brilliant! 

6 minutes ago, redm said:

Nobody. We have a very important summer transfer window coming up and I’m keen to see what he does with it. 

Absolutely crucial window. If he doesn't fix this squad in the summer then he's done. 

29 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Zzzzzzzz

No but my hard earned cash will be. 

I am sure it will. The share price will likely take a battering now you have made this announcement.

HeartofHartley

I'd go as far to say that I want to finish bottom 6 now. It's at the stage where I can't actually put myself through another derby this season. Top 6 or bottom 6 it doesn't matter anymore neither are a great success unless you're St Johnstone. 

27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

His money will be missed and the atmosphere that he helps to create will be missed, along with hundreds of others who won't be renewing.  The fans trump the custodians of the club . To increase hospitality and corporate revenue , the product on the park has to be right. Levein is incapable of delivering tgat product. AB already has the hard core support that happy clap and stump up their cash every week regardless.  She has them in a financial headlock already. However, the small hard core can't sustain a club our size so when ST sales drop and match day revenues drop, so the penny will drop with AB too. She needs to clear out the football department and start again.

I get the point about his money being missed but guys like Ron Burgandy are fair weather supporters who only buy a season ticket when the going is good.

Fair weather fans come and go, it has always been that way and always will, the true Hearts fans will continue to buy their Season Ticket, which is what the club budgets for. 

All Out Attack
Just now, Ministry said:

I get the point about his money being missed but guys like Ron Burgandy are fair weather supporters who only buy a season ticket when the going is good.

Fair weather fans come and go, it has always been that way and always will, the true Hearts fans will continue to buy their Season Ticket, which is what the club budgets for. 

That's not a good way to look upon fellow supporters. 

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, Ministry said:

I'm hardly fair weather. I reckon I've had a season ticket for at least 30 of my 48 years. 

Id rather spend time with my kids than watch the current shite. 

You should get a job for the FBI character profiling. 

1 hour ago, Ministry said:

You won't be missed. 

Yes he will as will the other fans who decide to spend their time and money elsewhere ... people are desperately unhappy with the product and lack of real progress it’s simply not matching their commitment ! And to say you are not a real fan etc is just nonsense 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

I'd go as far to say that I want to finish bottom 6 now. It's at the stage where I can't actually put myself through another derby this season. Top 6 or bottom 6 it doesn't matter anymore neither are a great success unless you're St Johnstone. 

Wow. Get some backbone man. ? Top 6 is important for revenue which is important for team building. 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

:lol:

Quite good for you, i8!

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, Ministry said:

You won't be missed. 

Any fan walking away will be missed ,the only person who won't be missed is that clown Levein,his backroom staff and the non existent scouting system.Fans are fed up of archaic dross he calls football we've had enough ,get rid Mrs Budge before people start voting with their feet

Edited by buzzbomb1958
Spelling

LochcarronJambo

I loved Craig Levein as a player, a legend, he gets the club & loves it, I want him to do well as a manager, it hurts to criticise him , but simple fact is we need a change of football philosophy.... sadly we need more recruitment too, wether we have the money I don’t know, but it’s obvious something needs to change, I don’t have the answers but if we remain with Craig I really think we will stagnate over next year or two.....

• cosanostra locked this topic