Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Mate Mate Mate.

First up - Absolutely I'm died in the wool Unionist and UVF.

Second - Get the **** rid of Levein who will kill our club of non football.

Third - Budge seems so in awe  of Levein she would never get rid.

Geddit it!

:cornette:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ford donald
2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Not sure what you mean. Wasn’t trying to be funny, believe it or not I’m not in that cheery a mood after that game.

Inseperable.

ford donald
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That is a shame as no one seems to meet your exacting standards.

Ae least he is looking for standards.

glynnlondon
9 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Why get rid of Budge?

Can I ask do you wave a Union Jack at Hearts games?

Just wondering 

I think Ann and Craig are joined at the hip. If one leaves both will imo.

Whether you loved him or hated him, he would have bulleted this imposter Levein  long ago.  FFS Budge please get shot of your golden boy. We are heading in a downward spiral ,  and it's only going to get worse. One of the coaches in the famous 5 year plan is Liam Fox, who nearly got Cowdenbeath  in to the lowland league. The last 3 games we have played about 20 minutes football. Ibrox was disgraceful. as was first half at Fir Park, and tonight we never had a shot on target , against our biggest rivals.  This is surely not good enough for Heart of Midlothian.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, ford donald said:

Ae least he is looking for standards.

I have standards but I am taking into account a bigger picture, i.e. where he started from.

ford donald
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If this was anyone but Hearts legend and PHM in charge I doubt there'd be many in favour of giving this much longer, let's be honest about that. What we have seen this season and last isn't befitting of this football club.

What conflicts me about Levein though is exactly that, sentiment.  CL gets this club, he loves this club and will know our strengths, weaknesses and what we need going forward.  On the other hand, he's been here since 2014/15, has probably watched every game we've played in that period, overseen recruitment of players and managers and clearly harnesses some of the responsibility for our decline. He also may not be able to stop us from finishing outside the top 6, which is undoubtedly unacceptable.

However, any manager coming in will face the exact same task in the summer that he does. That task being a complete rebuild of the first team squad which could amount to the best part of 14 New signings. What's more, his record as a manager shows that during his 2nd season in charge, the club generally starts to progress.

I'm very much in two minds about this. I love CL, I still have a degree of faith in him but as a club we are not meeting the expectations which are paramount to our progression on the pitch and also from a financial aspect. Expectations and mentality are what separates us from smaller clubs in this league. Giorgio Chiellini spoke about Tottenhams history the other night and how he knew that Juventus would progress and Spurs would falter, that's why clubs like Juve, Real Madrid etc...have dominated the game for decades, knowing the expectations and history is key to success. For us, we cannot lower our expectations, we cannot and should not accept coming 5th/6th in the league and being knock out of cups by the likes of Motherwell or being completely dominated in Derbies by our rivals.

The big questions for us right now are this. What if we have another rebuild in the summer under Levein and we finish mid table again? 

That's the worry. It was the exact same scenario which was posed with Ian Cathro at the end of last season. We should have sacked him in May but we didn't and this is the consequence of that decision, do we do the same again? 

Also, can we afford to sack Levein and bring another manager in and for that to ultimately fail as well, proving the grass may not always be greener on the other side. 

Maybe given Leveins history, his experience and what he did here previously, as well as what he did at Utd, we should remain patient and give Craig the summer and the beginning of next season to get this club moving towards our targets once again? 

I really don't know the answer, I don't think anyone does given what would be available as an alternative and what we can afford given that would take away from any budget next year. 

Ultimately I think that we probably have to just hope that things will change and CL turns out to be the manager that we hope he will be next season.

Only two letters required,NO.

3 minutes ago, matt84 said:

Levein is a fraud.

He's an arrogant bitter man who has an enormous chip on his shoulder.

His entire personality is based around the fact that his supposed wonderful career was cut short and but for a serious injury he would have achieved great things in the game.

He's stubborn to a fault and always believes he knows better even when all facts point to the opposite.

You could be forgiven for thinking he was 22 when he packed it in. He was 29!

What did he miss? Two, maybe three seasons.

He had almost an entire decade in senior professional football. He won nothing.

He's had the better part of two decades in management now and lo and behold has won nothing.

His biggest claim to fame is 16 years ago finishing third in a ten team league. Twice!

This is a guy who had the gall to claim that Neil Lennon made a career out of kicking people.

Lennon like him or not has a huge stack of winners medals as a player and manager.

One of the best managers in British football over the last quarter century, Martin O Neil, thought Lennon was good enough to spend 6 million pounds on him.

Lennon went on to win titles, league cups and scottish cups and also went to the UEFA Cup Final only to lose to Jose Mourinho"s Porto.

Lennon as a manger also presided over one of scottish footballs greatest achievements when Celtic beat Barcelona. Arguably the best club team that has ever played the game.

Meanwhile Craig became the first manager ever to start a game with no strikers in the hope we might get a 0 0 draw.

He is as many on here have pointed out a serial loser. 

He simply doesn't have it in him to win and never will.

It's not in his make up.

He's Hearts through and through like everyone on this board but alas that's simply not enough.

Still not enough to make Budge get rid though.

He's a disaster and I'd doubt any jambo would disagreee.

FFS

Some crazy posts from sleepers tonight!

I think he will sort it for Tynecastle. We will be top  6, Motherwell got a tough run.

Come on Levein, just fecking set us up for goals, score more than them tactic. Shoot from any opportunity, like the Celtic 4-0 tactics - Cochrane would've played it  sidyways otherwise and maybe a different story.

Lucille's Thirsty

FWIW. I take you back to the Robbie Neilson’s last game 2-0 vs Rangers. He was treated so harshly IMO. We’ve been declining ever since. What is holding us back. We pump a lot of money into the club and yet we’re declining season after season. 

Give Levein another season I’m not sure. 

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

Craig Levein hates football; he's terrified of it.

His master plan is a 0-0 draw, where feck all happens, and everyone goes home unscathed. 

Hearts will win nothing while he's head coach or deciding who will be in his boot room fantasies. 

Get rid.

We're going nowhere while he's calling the shots.

Fecking nowhere.

ford donald
1 hour ago, RDSK said:

I am actually fed up of Levein not being the answer every time we lose. We started the season with Ian Cathro as our head coach. Levein has been unspectacular so far but has improved us in areas. He’s the man for next season.

He is the man for no season at Hearts.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

FWIW. I take you back to the Robbie Neilson’s last game 2-0 vs Rangers. He was treated so harshly IMO. We’ve been declining ever since. What is holding us back. We pump a lot of money into the club and yet we’re declining season after season. 

Give Levein another season. 

How was he treated harshly? He chose to jump ship.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I think he will sort it for Tynecastle. We will be top  6, Motherwell got a tough run.

Come on Levein, just fecking set us up for goals, score more than them tactic. Shoot from any opportunity, like the Celtic 4-0 tactics - Cochrane would've played it  sidyways otherwise and maybe a different story.

Cochrane's been our worst player for weeks. His dead ball free kicks have been shite. Levein will hide behind that such and such is only such and such year old. Get real ffs.

ford donald
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Dream on,this man is taking us downhill.

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How was he treated harshly? He chose to jump ship.

He was hounded out by a section of our support.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Was he feck! About a dozen morons organised a plane. 

Just now, Lucille's Thirsty said:

NO STYLE NO BOTTLE NEILSON OUT 

It should have been ten
15 minutes ago, matt84 said:

Levein is a fraud.

His entire personality is based around the fact that his supposed wonderful career was cut short and but for a serious injury he would have achieved great things in the game.

He's stubborn to a fault and always believes he knows better even when all facts point to the opposite.

He's had the better part of two decades in management now and lo and behold has won nothing.

His biggest claim to fame is 16 years ago finishing third in a ten team league. Twice!

This is a guy who had the gall to claim that Neil Lennon made a career out of kicking people.

Lennon like him or not has a huge stack of winners medals as a player and manager.

One of the best managers in British football over the last quarter century, Martin O Neil, thought Lennon was good enough to spend 6 million pounds on him.

Lennon went on to win titles, league cups and scottish cups and also went to the UEFA Cup Final only to lose to Jose Mourinho"s Porto.

Lennon as a manger also presided over one of scottish footballs greatest achievements when Celtic beat Barcelona. Arguably the best club team that has ever played the game.

Meanwhile Craig became the first manager ever to start a game with no strikers in the hope we might get a 0 0 draw.

It's not in his make up.

He's Hearts through and through like everyone on this board but alas that's simply not enough.

Is that you Neil :tooth:

Edited by It should have been ten

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, Shedro said:

Levein and Budge 

Got it eventually mate ? 

18 minutes ago, matt84 said:

Levein is a fraud.

It's not in his make up.

He's Hearts through and through like everybody here but alas that's simply not enough.

Are you saying you want Neil Lennon to be Hearts head coach???

It should have been ten
22 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

First up - Absolutely I'm died in the wool Unionist and UVF.

Geddit it!

Yip, makes sense now

:facepalm:

Edited by It should have been ten

9 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Cochrane's been our worst player for weeks. His dead ball free kicks have been shite. Levein will hide behind that such and such is only such and such year old. Get real ffs.

Milinkovic was really missed tonight and I think he helps bring out the best in Harry.

Just now, It should have been ten said:

Yip, makes sense now

:facepalm:

I'm too gutted to make sense now. No apologies. 

It should have been ten
Just now, doddsyJR9 said:

I'm too gutted to make sense now. No apologies. 

Gutted enough to ‘follow’ another club? 

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If this was anyone but Hearts legend and PHM in charge I doubt there'd be many in favour of giving this much longer, let's be honest about that. What we have seen this season and last isn't befitting of this football club.

What conflicts me about Levein though is exactly that, sentiment.  CL gets this club, he loves this club and will know our strengths, weaknesses and what we need going forward.  On the other hand, he's been here since 2014/15, has probably watched every game we've played in that period, overseen recruitment of players and managers and clearly harnesses some of the responsibility for our decline. He also may not be able to stop us from finishing outside the top 6, which is undoubtedly unacceptable.

However, any manager coming in will face the exact same task in the summer that he does. That task being a complete rebuild of the first team squad which could amount to the best part of 14 New signings. What's more, his record as a manager shows that during his 2nd season in charge, the club generally starts to progress.

I'm very much in two minds about this. I love CL, I still have a degree of faith in him but as a club we are not meeting the expectations which are paramount to our progression on the pitch and also from a financial aspect. Expectations and mentality are what separates us from smaller clubs in this league. Giorgio Chiellini spoke about Tottenhams history the other night and how he knew that Juventus would progress and Spurs would falter, that's why clubs like Juve, Real Madrid etc...have dominated the game for decades, knowing the expectations and history is key to success. For us, we cannot lower our expectations, we cannot and should not accept coming 5th/6th in the league and being knock out of cups by the likes of Motherwell or being completely dominated in Derbies by our rivals.

The big questions for us right now are this. What if we have another rebuild in the summer under Levein and we finish mid table again? 

That's the worry. It was the exact same scenario which was posed with Ian Cathro at the end of last season. We should have sacked him in May but we didn't and this is the consequence of that decision, do we do the same again? 

Also, can we afford to sack Levein and bring another manager in and for that to ultimately fail as well, proving the grass may not always be greener on the other side. 

Maybe given Leveins history, his experience and what he did here previously, as well as what he did at Utd, we should remain patient and give Craig the summer and the beginning of next season to get this club moving towards our targets once again? 

I really don't know the answer, I don't think anyone does given what would be available as an alternative and what we can afford given that would take away from any budget next year. 

Ultimately I think that we probably have to just hope that things will change and CL turns out to be the manager that we hope he will be next season.

He hasn't earned the right to prove us wrong. The whole atmosphere around the footballing side of the club needs elevated.  It's going to take a lot more than klaxons at the start of the season this time. His football is destroying a time of oppertunity for the club. This is soul destroying stuff.  Joe Jordan got us to second and was slated for the lack of 'excitement', and we're happy to accept this .

Sorry if I'm way off the mark with this but, does Levein have a Jackie McNamara type deal on future player sales? Hes on the board of directors of the company that runs the kiosks. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

Milinkovic was really missed tonight and I think he helps bring out the best in Harry.

Agreed upon the obvious fact David was missed however Harry has been ****ing hopeless recently probably due to Levein.

2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

It may not be very palatable to those who still believe in him but comparing Levein's career to Lennon's is kinda ridiculous. There is literally no comparison. One has been involved at the highest level winning 2 major trophies in England and 16 in Scotland as well as playing in a UEFA Cup Final. The other has won absolutely diddly squat and never will. 

That's my point

2 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Agreed upon the obvious fact David was missed however Harry has been ****ing hopeless recently probably due to Levein.

Harry is a 16 year old and early stages of development

Away and eat shite if you are choosing to slag our up and coming youth, especially when he only played 15 mins tonight

Just now, kila said:

Harry is a 16 year old and early stages of development

Away and eat shite if you are choosing to slag our up and coming youth, especially when he only played 15 mins tonight

He's been shite for weeks. Probably due to Leviens tactics. GTF scmuck. Levein draws many in to his pish iike Budge. Get a real manager in and then comment. 

It should have been ten

What disagree with you and suddenly I follow another club. 

Follow Levein like lemmings? GTF.

Nah you totally misunderstood me :laugh: 

buzzbomb1958
26 minutes ago, kila said:

Wake up 

He's been shite for weeks. Probably due to Leviens tactics. GTF scmuck. Levein draws many in to his pish iike Budge. Get a real manager in and then comment. 

Don't dispute Levein's role in this, picking players who needed a rest. I don't agree with ripping into our 16 year old youth and calling them ****ing hopeless though.

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

A factually inaccurate assertion.

A squad of dafties organised a plane and banner, which was more amusing than anything else.

Hardly pitchforks at the castle gate.

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Nah you totally misunderstood me :laugh: 

Enlighten us doughboy

It should have been ten
Just now, kila said:

Don't dispute Levein's role in this, picking players who needed a rest. I don't agree with ripping into our 16 year old youth and calling them ****ing hopeless though.

Spot on mate, disgusting.

It should have been ten

Enlighten us doughboy

Nah I’m bored now 

He's been shite and an excuse for Levein.

It should have been ten

He's been shite and an excuse for Levein.

You need to have a wee lie down and sober up. Have a wee kip under your Union Jack flag you’re so proud of. 17 posts and coming on slating a 16 year old laddie. What a cretin. We don’t need people like you in our club, it’s the likes of you that do more damage than good!

8 minutes ago, Elmore said:

Low post count equates to being a Hobo.  To me It just shows you how angry fans are over this. 

Barely out the womb

You learn quick

Barely out the womb

You learn quick

Two years of negative football and you still don't get it.  You genuinely think this is progress?

7 minutes ago, Elmore said:

Two years of negative football and you still don't get it.  You genuinely think this is progress?

Nope

Cruyff Turn
26 minutes ago, Elmore said:

He hasn't earned the right to prove us wrong. The whole atmosphere around the footballing side of the club needs elevated.  It's going to take a lot more than klaxons at the start of the season this time. His football is destroying a time of oppertunity for the club. This is soul destroying stuff.  Joe Jordan got us to second and was slated for the lack of 'excitement', and we're happy to accept this .

Sorry if I'm way off the mark with this but, does Levein have a Jackie McNamara type deal on future player sales? Hes on the board of directors of the company that runs the kiosks. 

No I doubt he does have sort of deal on future sales, at least I haven't heard that and I certainly hope not.

Totally see your point and the one thing that pisses me off more than anything else is that we have this brilliant Academy and at the Academy they teach ball control, technique, play pass and move football, and then they get introduced to the first team and all we really do is scrap for the 2nd ball and belt it up to Lafferty. I mean surely if there is some kind of Ajax style plan in place, they've got to come through from the Academy and into a team that plays a style of football which emphasizes their talent. They're certainly not going to be able to out muscle fully grown professionals but may have better control, turn quicker and be able to beat players. 

I could easily accept us finishing mid table had we played good football and mistakes were made which lost us games, at least that would be understandable. I honestly don't see where the cohesion is between the Academy and First team.

On your point about Levein though, yeah that's true, New signings are one thing, assembling something that looks like a team and plays watchable football is another. 

• cosanostra locked this topic