Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

davemclaren
Just now, MadJock said:

Yeah we a fickle lot us footi fans thats for sure, hate someone one week, love them the next.

I thought he was a decent player but je didn’t seem to fit in the team. Sadly, we haven’t replaced his goals yet. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, davemclaren said:

I thought he was a decent player but je didn’t seem to fit in the team. Sadly, we haven’t replaced his goals yet. 

Yeah me to, like most of our players he definatly had ability, we just need someone to bring that abilty out. 

He wanted to go and the club made some cash and a replacement was mentioned which was good enough for me - not getting that replacement or keeping Zanatta in the squad could come back to haunt us even more as i do beleive Laff wil get another suspension before the end of the season :laugh: (hope i am wrong)

10 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Yep. We don’t score enough goals. Despite this we sold a goalscoring striker without replacing him, and hardly for big bucks either. 

Agreed, we should have finished of the games when we got in front rather than holding on for 1 nils.

15 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Lennon is a horrible guy but he is a winner 

He was won nothing away from Celtic.

38 minutes ago, MadJock said:

Yeah we a fickle lot us footi fans thats for sure, hate someone one week, love them the next.

This .

one week Levein is a hero , beating Hibs and banging on about natural order etc.

next week he is hung drawn and quartered.

Seems the way for some on here.

ford donald
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

This .

one week Levein is a hero , beating Hibs and banging on about natural order etc.

next week he is hung drawn and quartered.

Seems the way for some on here.

Football is a fickle business.

52 minutes ago, john5698 said:

Did you hear Lennon's interview before the game on Friday, he had a dig at the lack of trophies Craig Levein had won after he discussed Levein's dominance in the fixture. 

It’s a Hibs staple. When Hearts supporters start parroting it though? **** me...

4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

It’s a Hibs staple. When Hearts supporters start parroting it though? **** me...

This.

Those so called Hearts supporters seem happiest when things aren't got well, and to repeat the Hibs insults shows them to be a complete embarrassment.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This.

Those so called Hearts supporters seem happiest when things aren't got well, and to repeat the Hibs insults shows them to be a complete embarrassment.

Yep, revelling in it, like pigs in shit.

merseyjambo
39 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Yep, revelling in it, like pigs in shit.

Nobody is revelling like pigs in shit. That is a pathetic and immature response.

Supporters of the club are rightly concerned over

1. The style of football being played is quite frankly awful

2. The fact that in 4 years we are still no nearer a settled team

3. We are facing yet another rebuild in the summer with the likelihood of 5 or 6 regular starters leaving due to either loan expiry or the indication is that they are leaving

4. Will CL still being in charge an effect on Season Ticket sales next season

5. Blowing the chance at a trip to Hampden through god awful tactics and the financial boost the club would have got as a result of getting there

Still those that thinks there is nothing wrong, keep burying your head in the sand and telling yourself that we beat Celtic 4-0 or we have a great new stand that is unlikely to be full next year or we have a new clean sheet record or it’s all Cathro’s fault.

Lets not worry that we are looking at another summer of turmoil and trying to yet again build a team or the thoroughly unentertaining and defensively minded football that we have been served up this season. No let’s not concern ourselves with that. 

I dont give give a toss how many medals Levein did or didn’t win as a player, what he was like as our manager 15 years ago or what he did with a Dundee United. I’m concerned with where we are in the here and now and looking towards next season. I’m annoyed with the fact that yet again we let the fans who have backed this club through the thin since 2013 down by a pathetic and spineless safety first display in a cup quarter final. I despair that in 2 league games against them we have registered ZERO shots on target. 

The buck stops with AB. She has to decide whether Hearts can continue to keep rebuilding transfer window after transfer window with no continuity of personnel under our manager/DOF, find him a place away from first team affairs or whether she rips the whole thing up and starts again

it doesn’t make me a Hobo or a crap stirrer. It means I along with a lot of the people who are unhappy care about the club we support.

if you want to make reasoned arguments like people on here have, fine. Childish and petulant name calling just makes you out to be a foolish person

Edited by merseyjambo

Just now, merseyjambo said:

Nobody is revelling like pigs in shit. That is a pathetic and immature response.

3. We are facing yet another rebuild in the summer with the likelihood of 5 or 6 regular starters leaving due to either loan expiry or the indication is that they are leaving

5. Blowing the chance at a trip to Hampden through god awful tactics and the financial boost the club would have got as a result of getting there

Still those that thinks there is nothing wrong, keep burying your head in the sand and telling yourself that we beat Celtic 4-0 or we have a great new stand that is unlikely to be full next year or we have a new clean sheet record or it’s all Cathro’s fault.

Lets not worry that we are looking at another summer of turmoil and trying to yet again build a team or the thoroughly unentertaining and defensively minded football that we have been served up this season. No let’s not concern ourselves with that. 

I dont give give a toss how many medals Levein did or didn’t win as a player, what he was like as our manager 15 years ago or what he did with a Dundee United. I’m concerned with where we are in the hear and now and looking towards next season. I’m annoyed with the fact that yet again we let the fans who have backed this club through the thin since 2013 down by a pathetic and spineless safety first display in a cup quarter final. I despair that in 2 league games against them we have registered ZERO shots on target. 

The buck stops with AB. She has to decide whether Hearts can continue to keep rebuilding transfer window after transfer window with no continuity of personnel under our manager/DOF, find him a place away from first team affairs or whether she rips the whole thing up and starts again

it doesn’t make me a Hobo or a crap stirrer. It means I along with a lot of the people who are unhappy care about the club we support.

if you want to make reasoned arguments like people on here have, fine. Childish and petulant name calling just makes you out to be a foolish person

Yes they are. There are posters on this very thread doing so. They want Levein out, regardless of results and they see this as the best way to try and influence that. 

Yes, there are plenty on here who are unhappy about results and want Levein out. There are also plenty that don’t like the way we play and so want Levein out. I’m not talking about them, I have a degree of sympathy for them.

You bring up churlish name calling... isn’t it funny how it’s okay to do that to owners, directors, managers, coaches and players, but not supporters? **** that. The ***** should be told they are *****. 

7 hours ago, Sherbet said:

The fact he thinks we played well is very worrying

We didn't miss Harry though, FFS. He struggled with that one. He knows putting that lad in the team is an admission of failure and he dances around his answer, very cleverly.  He makes it sound like a mismatched boxing match where the poorer opponent hangs on in there hoping to land a sucker punch. Everything about his comments is predicated on a defensive outlook , no mention of the dire lack of creativity at the club (apart from his tacit admission by having Harry in the side).  Happy that we were not  getting pulverised in the first 60 mins or so and then fell out the game completely. He knew how Hibs would play? So why were Hearts so shit then ?  These Sky guys need to do better. 

Lucille's Thirsty

We as a fanbase are so divided. Let’s just give CL another season. Who do we replace him with that’ll get this current group performing any better?

2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

?

Was actually referring to his career as a manager,  forgot that he got them promotion from the Championship, was irrelevant to me as we were not in it as well as that lot from Govan.:happy: 

Gordon Ramsay
56 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I dont give give a toss how many medals Levein did or didn’t win as a player, what he was like as our manager 15 years ago or what he did with a Dundee United. I’m concerned with where we are in the here and now and looking towards next season. I’m annoyed with the fact that yet again we let the fans who have backed this club through the thin since 2013 down by a pathetic and spineless safety first display in a cup quarter final. I despair that in 2 league games against them we have registered ZERO shots on target. 

Nailed it.

58 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

A very fair and articulate post - accurately sums up how some supporters are viewing the situation

I can’t accept that there are any Hearts fans wanting Hearts to fail because of a dislike of Levein. That is just nonsense. We all want the same thing, a successful team on the park, ideally playing with a bit of flair. I don’t care who manages us to that goal, just that we get there ASAP.

ford donald
4 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I can’t accept that there are any Hearts fans wanting Hearts to fail because of a dislike of Levein. That is just nonsense. We all want the same thing, a successful team on the park, ideally playing with a bit of flair. I don’t care who manages us to that goal, just that we get there ASAP.

Exactly this.

4 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

You are right - any body not wanting the team to be successful on the park, is not a Hearts fan pure and simple.

It is simply that some fans do not see CL as the man to make the team successful given what has been going on, and also the style of play we are consistently serving up at the moment.

The main question is, given what we have had over the last couple of seasons should CL be given another season to sort it out, or do we cut our losses and bring in someone new, given that we are going to have to replace more than half the current team anyway.

Its a pretty vital decision, and not one we can afford to get wrong!

Finlay James
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

C’mon, are we seriously going to trot this out every time someone is negative, even excessively so. 

Theres not a Hearts fan on the planet who would make reference to a club legend like Craig Levein not having won anything in his career.  Only Hibbies come out with that nonsense.

I could list all day the amount of ex-Hearts players who have no medals but it doesn't make them losers.

If the poster is not a Hibby or at least anti-Hearts, what is he?

6 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Sadly there are a lot of halfwits who need a reality check as to our position and the difficulty in recovering from the damage left by Cathro.

We are a long way from having a successful team on the park.  Replacing the manager when a full rebuild is needed will set us back further and would be a massive gamble.  In any case I don't see it happening this season.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Sadly there are a lot of halfwits who need a reality check as to our position and the difficulty in recovering from the damage left by Cathro.

We are a long way from having a successful team on the park.  Replacing the manager when a full rebuild is needed will set us back further and would be a massive gamble.  In any case I don't see it happening this season.

When will we recover from the damage left by Levein?

17 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Levein has been a success in this league, with two different clubs previously.

Not overly successful I would argue, and that was a long long time ago. He is now also, more cautious than he ever was, which adds to the frustration.

merseyjambo
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

The damage Cathro did. 

That was caused be Levein appointing him in first place. 

No no point in blaming a person who was incapable of doing job when the man who gave him the job is still there and still in charge

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Theres not a Hearts fan on the planet who would make reference to a club legend like Craig Levein not having won anything in his career.  Only Hibbies come out with that nonsense.

I could list all day the amount of ex-Hearts players who have no medals but it doesn't make them losers.

If the poster is not a Hibby or at least anti-Hearts, what is he?

Toxteth O'Grady

Burry your head in the sand if you like but I'm struggling to believe that a player and manager who has never won anything in 30 odd years of football will suddenly become a a silver ware collector 

Escobar PHM
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I thought he was a decent player but je didn’t seem to fit in the team

Funny how that happens quite a lot to players we bring in. Whatever can it be.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

When will we recover from the damage left by Levein?

Levein isn't going anywhere this season, so how can he have left?

8 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

The damage Cathro did. 

That was caused be Levein appointing him in first place. 

No no point in blaming a person who was incapable of doing job when the man who gave him the job is still there and still in charge

We know the Cathro apppointment was a mistake - he has admitted it.  Every appointment is a gamble in football, even the experienced managers in our budget - there is no guarantee they won't have a mare.

The fact is the team was poorly prepared in pre-season and unfit for the campaign.  Cathro had the ultimate choice on who we signed - he was head coach, as did Neilson before him.  If you read the interviews with Robbie Neilson you will find that he had full control but used Levein when needed for help.   We should have sacked Cathro before the end of last season, and perhaps things would have been better for us.

4 hours ago, john5698 said:

He was won nothing away from Celtic.

He actually won 2 league cups at Leicester to go with his 16 trophies and a UEFA Cup

Fimal at Celtic. He may be a total James Hunt but comparing his and Levein’s careers in terms of success is like comparing a bottle of Dom and a bottle of Asti. Lennon has won continually, Levein has won sod all. 

3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Maybe its got a lot to do with our budget and scraping the bottom end of the market for bargains.  For every star player you will get several duds.

I've said before also, but I am not ITK, but who does the scouting for the club, and do we have people watching players across the UK?

Escobar PHM
4 hours ago, Ryder said:

Well you’d have a great point if it wasn’t a fact. Unfortunately it is a fact. And it’s highly likely to remain a fact too

The guy is a bottling negative loser. Only tolerated at the club because he was a great player 30 years ago and had back to back 3rd place finishes 14 years ago

Thats not a fact. It’s the opinion of a Hearts fan of many years standing who has attended close on 1000 Hearts matches in his lifetime. You’ll just have to suck up the fact that people hold that opinion if you want remain active here

Edited by Escobar PHM

No matter who our manager is we desperately need to sort out our player recruitment. It has been honking since we got promoted. 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

He actually won 2 league cups at Leicester to go with his 16 trophies and a UEFA Cup

Fimal at Celtic. He may be a total James Hunt but comparing his and Levein’s careers in terms of success is like comparing a bottle of Dom and a bottle of Asti. Lennon has won continually, Levein has won sod all. 

Levein won a number of national caps, played in a World Cup, and managed the country.  He was a million times beter than Lennon as a player but injury ended his career and prevented the big move.

In terms of management he got us into the group stages of the UEFA cup, beating Braga, a team considered far superior to us, and qualified for Europe on a regular basis.  You would have to be a desperately sad loser to suggest that a manager who has no Old Firm connection and gets the International Job is not a highly respected manager.

1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

No matter who our manager is we desperately need to sort out our player recruitment. It has been honking since we got promoted. 

Agreed.

Hence my point above about who is watching players and doing our scouting?  We are clearly lacking in that department, and it certainly wasn't the DOF doing that job.

Edited by frankblack

Just now, frankblack said:

Agreed.

Hence my point above about who is watching players and doing our scouting?  We are clearly lacking in that department.

There’s absolutely not a chance anyone from the club watched Oshaniwa play in the flesh for example. Not a chance.

Finlay James
18 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Burry your head in the sand if you like but I'm struggling to believe that a player and manager who has never won anything in 30 odd years of football will suddenly become a a silver ware collector 

Jim Jefferies did

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'm sure you'll tell us. ?

Escobar PHM
Just now, davemclaren said:

I'm sure you'll tell us. ?

I’m sure the answer is fairly obvious :mellow:

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Levein isn't going anywhere this season, so how can he have left?

We know the Cathro apppointment was a mistake - he has admitted it.  Every appointment is a gamble in football, even the experienced managers in our budget - there is no guarantee they won't have a mare.

The fact is the team was poorly prepared in pre-season and unfit for the campaign.  Cathro had the ultimate choice on who we signed - he was head coach, as did Neilson before him.  If you read the interviews with Robbie Neilson you will find that he had full control but used Levein when needed for help.   We should have sacked Cathro before the end of last season, and perhaps things would have been better for us.

Frank, if Cathro had the ultimate choice on signings he deserves a knighthood for choosing 2 of our best 3 players this season, in Berra and Lafferty. 

This tired old argument about players not being fit is just nonsense. Who said they were unfit? Jon Daly? The guy who was involved in pre-season training and still takes it . Even giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming they weren't 100% fit, that was back in July and they have had 9 months since to get up to speed. It's just absolute nonsense to keep blaming Cathro for everything about this season. Levein has had a full season in sole charge and our present position is HIS fault.  Tactics, signings, lack of creativity, lack of pace in the team,...his responsibility.  Killie were bottom of the league when Lee McCulloch left and Steve Clarke hasn't been held back by any "damage" left by him. 

Given the absurd nonsense he has spouted after recent games, such as faux penalty claims at Motherwell and blaming the strikers on Friday, it seems CL is still suffering from an inability to recognise his own failings and, more importantly, change his tired old approach to games.

Been very disapointed with the last two games and the blame lies with one man.

I however would prefer the consistency and allow him to build a team for next season.

My hope is we get some quality in and start smashing teams. 

27 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Aye he was pish at Dundee United right enough!! Defensive as **** with all those defensive players like Russell,  goodwillie and mackay Steven!! to name just a few.

A united team that regularly gave us a chasing!!

Edited by 1874robbo

23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Levein won a number of national caps, played in a World Cup, and managed the country.  He was a million times beter than Lennon as a player but injury ended his career and prevented the big move.

In terms of management he got us into the group stages of the UEFA cup, beating Braga, a team considered far superior to us, and qualified for Europe on a regular basis.  You would have to be a desperately sad loser to suggest that a manager who has no Old Firm connection and gets the International Job is not a highly respected manager.

He was a good player no doubting that as has been continually said. Unfortunately for you it doesn’t change the fact he’s still won diddly squat and using a pre group stage aggregate win over the mighty Braga as an example of success shows how difficult it is to come up with anything tangible! I defended him staunchly for a long time whilst in the Scotland job, looking back now that was a serious misjusgement on my part, he didn’t deserve that support one iota. As is the case now at Hearts it’s his way or the highway and sadly for him it will again end in complete failure. 

12 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Well you’d have a great point if it wasn’t a fact. Unfortunately it is a fact. And it’s highly likely to remain a fact too

The guy is a bottling negative loser. Only tolerated at the club because he was a great player 30 years ago and had back to back 3rd place finishes 14 years ago

Thats not a fact. It’s the opinion of a Hearts fan of many years standing who has attended close on 1000 Hearts matches in his lifetime. You’ll just have to suck up the fact that people hold that opinion if you want remain active here

“Bottling negative loser”... That’s just horrendous that a Hearts supporter would come out with that. You should probably be embarrassed to post that. A pretty pathetic way to refer to easily one of the best Hearts players in your time as a supporter.

You then attempt to denigrate his time as our manager the first time around as though back to back third place finishes were not impressive. He didn’t just do that either, he also made the most out of the awarded European slots making the group stages of the UEFA Cup the season after only narrowly being defeated by Bordeaux the year before. To call the man a “loser” in regards to his time at Hearts is gobsmacking. He has played in, captained us, and managed us to far more victories than losses. Hardly a “loser”.

It highlights your misplaced arrogance that you would attempt to belittle the achievements of a Hearts legend, and then  in the very same post turn around and try and big yourself up as being important because you have sat and stood through a thousand Hearts games. The very fact that you have witnessed so many and could still hold that opinion of Craig Levein; “a bottling negative loser”, suggests that you wasted your time. If during those thousand games you watched Craig Levein playing football and managing Hearts and thought “bottling negative loser” then you were just staring at 22 men running around a patch of grass with your dim uncomprehending eyes, chief. Sorry to be the one to break that to you.

5 hours ago, Spencer said:

6 months for Steven Naismith will probably take up the lions share of the fees received for Goncalves and Walker 

We signed him for 20 weeks. Who knows the fee but I have heard £150k from more than one source. 

Goncalves and Walkers wages probably £6k per week minimum combined. We don’t have them on the books for roughly 25 weeks. That’s a saving of roughly £150k. Transfer fees unlikely to have even been touched so still in the bank. 

Another fictitious post from you. You really don’t like Hearts do you? 

39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Frank, if Cathro had the ultimate choice on signings he deserves a knighthood for choosing 2 of our best 3 players this season, in Berra and Lafferty. 

This tired old argument about players not being fit is just nonsense. Who said they were unfit? Jon Daly? The guy who was involved in pre-season training and still takes it . Even giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming they weren't 100% fit, that was back in July and they have had 9 months since to get up to speed. It's just absolute nonsense to keep blaming Cathro for everything about this season. Levein has had a full season in sole charge and our present position is HIS fault.  Tactics, signings, lack of creativity, lack of pace in the team,...his responsibility.  Killie were bottom of the league when Lee McCulloch left and Steve Clarke hasn't been held back by any "damage" left by him. 

Given the absurd nonsense he has spouted after recent games, such as faux penalty claims at Motherwell and blaming the strikers on Friday, it seems CL is still suffering from an inability to recognise his own failings and, more importantly, change his tired old approach to games.

Very hard to disagree with this ??

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Ryder said:

I die inside a little.

34 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We signed him for 20 weeks. Who knows the fee but I have heard £150k from more than one source. 

Goncalves and Walkers wages probably £6k per week minimum combined. We don’t have them on the books for roughly 25 weeks. That’s a saving of roughly £150k. Transfer fees unlikely to have even been touched so still in the bank. 

Another fictitious post from you. You really don’t like Hearts do you? 

Double your £150k and you'll be a lot closer to the fee for Naisy. Not good business IMO as played approx half games and not contributed much. Doesn't help being played in a defensive role mind. Walker money gone on this loan. 

• cosanostra locked this topic