Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

12 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

The worrying thing for me is that I don't know how bad things would need to get before he got the boot. Anne has so much trust invested in him that I almost think he's unsackable. We are already massively underachieving and our season is over the start of March. Completely unacceptable but things will not change anytime soon. Get ready for another few years of mediocrity folks!

JLV, I have been saying since IC was appointed that IC was CL's vanity project, my worry now is that CL is AB's vanity project!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

JLV, I have been saying since IC was appointed that IC was CL's vanity project, my worry now is that CL is AB's vanity project!

A bit harsh imo. It's fair to say tthat Craig believed in Cathro, he was wrong, and Ann believes/ed in Craig, time will tell. 

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

At the risk of instantly being thrown into the “happy clappers” box, I would keep CL. We were all happy a few weeks ago when we were grinding out results, all content with the bigger picture and the development of home grown youngsters. Now, as usual on kickback, it’s all forgotten. Yes we were beaten by Hibs at fester road, nothing new there, but let’s keep calm. Rome wasn’t built in a year, give them a chance.

You may have been happy, but you don't speak for me!!

8 hours ago, kila said:

Harry is a 16 year old and early stages of development

Away and eat shite if you are choosing to slag our up and coming youth, especially when he only played 15 mins tonight

I don't get the 'love in' with Cochrane! It would seem one game against a very poor Celtic has elevated him to a status that

in my opinion his general play doesn't merit.

8 hours ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Agreed upon the obvious fact David was missed however Harry has been ****ing hopeless recently probably due to Levein.

It’s because you can’t expect a 16 year old to be on form every single week. 

Leveins left us with this mess in which we’re relying on school kids to turn up though, and not only just because of the transfer window he was actually manager for.  Levein must take responsiblity for every single poor transfer window under Cathro and Neilson too.  The guy is absolutely past it.  The worst thing is is he’s like a wee comfort blanket for Budge.  She doesn’t know how to run the football side and he apparently does in her eyes so I doubt he’ll be going anywhere. 

Edited by Morph

14 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

I loved Craig Levein as a player, a legend, he gets the club & loves it, I want him to do well as a manager, it hurts to criticise him , but simple fact is we need a change of football philosophy.... sadly we need more recruitment too, wether we have the money I don’t know, but it’s obvious something needs to change, I don’t have the answers but if we remain with Craig I really think we will stagnate over next year or two.....

Levein being a great player a long time ago means nothing to me now - he's hopeless in his current role, and should GTF. I've grown to actually hate the guy for what he's doing.

Edited by Erse

2 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I have no doubt before AB invested she would have been asking who was a ‘safe’ pair of hands and CL would have been the name mostly mentioned.

I also have no doubt that CL used the lack of footballing experience on AB’s part to engineer exactly what he wanted.

The problem is that what CL wanted, and what he has been given to him, and what is in the best interests of the club are not necessarily the same. Also, I suspect that due to the circumstances created by AB on the footballing department side she has a real problem on her hands in what to do now in terms of any plan B that does not involve CL. 

132goals1958
36 minutes ago, Ministry said:

I get the point about his money being missed but guys like Ron Burgandy are fair weather supporters who only buy a season ticket when the going is good.

Fair weather fans come and go, it has always been that way and always will, the true Hearts fans will continue to buy their Season Ticket, which is what the club budgets for. 

Well said.

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I renewed my season ticket this year knowing I'd miss half the games due to my sons football. 

No chance I'll renew next season. Absolutely zero.

I'm the same mate. Renewed despite the fact I wouldn't make the majority of games. 

I won't do so next season though either. 

13 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I don't get the 'love in' with Cochrane! It would seem one game against a very poor Celtic has elevated him to a status that

Cochrane is going to be a wonderful player. But any other player in the form he has been showing would be getting dropped.

Literally men against boys last night, and we had Buaben getting splinter in his arse on the bench. Even when Cochrane went off another 16yr old was brought on. Almost as if Levein thinks playing kids will give him an excuse for after the game.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Erse said:

Levein being a great player a long time ago means nothing to me now - he's hopeless in his current role, and should GTF. I've grown to actually hate the guy for what he's doing.

John Robertson, John Greig, Billy McNeill , Willie Miller, Pat Stanton, Ally McCoist . ..all legends at their respective clubs but all sacked from those clubs as managers. Levein should be judged on his present performance not on his playing days. If you want to reminisce about his playing days then sling on a DVD but don't encourage him to serve up the tripe he is right now.

Nelly Terraces

Can't say any more about Levein that already has. His style of football is just eye bleedingly bad, that's obvious to all.

The Big problem lies at Budges door. If she doesn't realise how much of a hard sell next season will be to the fans with him in charge then really she's living in cloud cuckoo land. Our ST base will at best stagnate & in more likelihood go back the way. There's virtually no feelgood factor left amongst the majority of support now & people are rightly unhappy with matters on the one place that matters - the pitch.

16 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

He is 16 years old FFS....16!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all have opinions but you are so far from realism with your offering you shouldnt be allowed near a football stadium ever again...(if you go anyway)

He is 16 FFS.........what were you doing at 16!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!

Get a grip man FFS.....

We seem to have Schrodinger’s Levein now. Simultaneously entitled to all the credit for anything that works while not being responsible for anything that doesn’t.

Edited by Dr Lager

Once again we were missing key players going into a game against them, and we did miss them. We played an experienced SPL team with half a team of experienced guys and half a team of young/inexperienced lads trying to find their feet. The result is hardly a surprise.

56 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I'm hardly fair weather. I reckon I've had a season ticket for at least 30 of my 48 years. 

Id rather spend time with my kids than watch the current shite. 

You should get a job for the FBI character profiling. 

I not trying to have a go. Spending more time with your kids may be more enjoyable. It's always easy to find an excuse not to go to games.

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Once again we were missing key players going into a game against them, and we did miss them. We played an experienced SPL team with half a team of experienced guys and half a team of young/inexperienced lads trying to find their feet. The result is hardly a surprise.

Excuses excuses. We had Buaben on the bench, didn’t use him. We left our January signing on the bench for most of the game and played kids instead. And the club put together this shambles of a squad in the first place, and made the decision to let people go without bringing in replacements.

No time for excuses.

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

He is 16 years old FFS....16!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all have opinions but you are so far from realism with your offering you shouldnt be allowed near a football stadium ever again...(if you go anyway)

He is 16 FFS.........what were you doing at 16!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!

Get a grip man FFS.....

If he is deemed old enough to be in the first team then he is old enough to be praised or criticised, and he has been woeful for a while. 

But it that’s not his fault because he should not be starting games. The blame lies with a combination of injuries and poor squad management. 

Too many diffrent views to quote them all but just to add my take to things.

Start of the season most fans wanted to give CL the xmas transfer window to sort this mess out, even he stated there was problems he needed to address.

He never addressed any of these problems, bringing people in on loan only postpones the issue since we probably can't afford these players anyways. Left back been an issue for 2 seasons at least yet he has allowed it to stay an issue. Leaving us with one striker tells me that he would rather concentrate on not conceeding than get us scoring goals and as much as i like us not losing a goal i like us scoring goals more, i would rather get beat 3-2, 4-3, or even 5 -3 than watch the team i have supported for 34 years fail to have one shot on target.

Now people want to give him the summer transfer window in the hope he will eventually get it right, he was (still is) Dof whose job was to oversee ALL footballing matters. That to me means he has had 6 transfer windows to influence the team (remember the getting rid of championship players to replace them with better statement) and has not got it right, giving him the chance to waste another season is not the answer IMO.

I am sure a lot of us wont be missed if CL there next season, but as others have stated our cash will,  my friend and me are now going to watch our local amature team, sad to say but these part time players actually look like they want to win a game, thats somethihng i can't say about the current Hearts team and the constant thing about us playing hard to watch footi over the last few seasons is CL and our coaching staff.

MJ

10 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Excuses excuses. We had Buaben on the bench, didn’t use him. We left our January signing on the bench for most of the game and played kids instead. And the club put together this shambles of a squad in the first place, and made the decision to let people go without bringing in replacements.

No time for excuses.

I agree the team/squad is not good enough, but it's still fact that we badly missed key players. Or are you saying Djoum, Mitchell, Milinkovic wouldn't have made a difference..?

For what it’s worth I’d give him the summer window and up to January to see how it goes.

what is clear is that the support is very divided. I left the game last night after the 2nd went in (and there were a lot of us) and that’s not something I do. Walking up the road there was a lot of anger in the support which was building. It’s been a disastrous spell, and although injuries have been a huge factor what disappoints me is that when we go a goal down there seems little chance of recovering. To go 2 goals down and there’s no chance. The last 4 derbies at Easter Road have been the worst I’ve attended. I won’t be back at their ground for a derby unless there’s a marked improvement in the squad and playing style. To yet again have no shots at goal is an embarrassment I’m not paying to witness there again

Edited by 1971fozzy

buzzbomb1958
1 minute ago, Eazy-me said:

Leveins turned us around since cathro but 1 loss isnt the end of the world

R u serious Levein has turned this club into a laughing stock his football is shite his backroom staff can't get players to pass from A to B and our scouting system consists of looking up u tube ,He is to blame for the whole shambles from Cathro till present day ,his arse should be kicked  out asap

3 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I agree the team/squad is not good enough, but it's still fact that we badly missed key players. Or are you saying Djoum, Mitchell, Milinkovic wouldn't have made a difference..?

No, of course they’d have made a difference. But even Callachan off the bench instead of a kid would have made a difference last night. 

ford donald
47 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

No time for excuses.

:spoton:

44 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If he is deemed old enough to be in the first team then he is old enough to be praised or criticised, and he has been woeful for a while. 

But it that’s not his fault because he should not be starting games. The blame lies with a combination of injuries and poor squad management. 

Jesus.....where to start with you! 

30 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

No, of course they’d have made a difference. But even Callachan off the bench instead of a kid would have made a difference last night. 

I’d imagine Callachan’s confidence was low and probably the reason he wasn’t used. Another poor performance and he’d have been destroyed on here again. Buaben they just don’t fancy. FWIW I don’t think the young boys should be getting chucked in.

johnking123

The  football if you can call it that is really painful to watch. Apart from the Celtic game. Just so slow and crap to watch. Even when we went on our unbeaten run it poor show. But put up with it because we won.

Jean Louis Valois

The big issue here is that Anne Budge has no plan B, Craig Levein is her guy and she trusts him 100%. The Only way that we will see the back of him is if the fans stop paying their money. That's all her and the board care about, success on the pitch is irrelevant to them.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

John Robertson, John Greig, Billy McNeill , Willie Miller, Pat Stanton, Ally McCoist . ..all legends at their respective clubs but all sacked from those clubs as managers. Levein should be judged on his present performance not on his playing days. If you want to reminisce about his playing days then sling on a DVD but don't encourage him to serve up the tripe he is right now.

I agree he needs to be judged on his current role and not past ones. 

Football is a funny old game.  If we score the last min penalty against Kilmarnock and Callachan doesn't make that horrific mistake, then we go into last night with much more confidence, 7 points behind them and into a Semi Final ... but we manage to absolutley **** the last few weeks.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Erse said:

Well you're incredibly well named. Erse.

132goals1958
31 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

The big issue here is that Anne Budge has no plan B, Craig Levein is her guy and she trusts him 100%. The Only way that we will see the back of him is if the fans stop paying their money. That's all her and the board care about, success on the pitch is irrelevant to them.

You really are making a fool of yourself with that comment.

HeartofHartley
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Wow. Get some backbone man. ? Top 6 is important for revenue which is important for team building. 

The revenue difference isn't that great and tbh I don't trust the current set up to build a team or contribute to team building. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

The revenue difference isn't that great and tbh I don't trust the current set up to build a team or contribute to team building. 

A few hundred grand is worth playing for. 

To be fair to Levein put Mitchell, Djoum and Milinkovic into that team and it would have made a huge difference.

HeartofHartley

Just seen the post match interview. 

"Hibs played exactly how I expected them to play."

"Pleased with the performance." Does Levein - Hearts man - 1) know what he is saying and 2) pledge his own money? Because I don't know a single fan that was pleased with last night's performance.

Says a lot if you knew how they were going to play and got beat 2-0 you doughnut! 

16 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

"Pleased with the performance." Does Levein - Hearts man - 1) know what he is saying and 2) pledge his own money? Because I don't know a single fan that was pleased with last night's performance.

Says a lot if you knew how they were going to play and got beat 2-0 you doughnut! 

Surely he didn’t say he was pleased with the performance.

:cornette:

34 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Please tell me he never said he was "pleased with the performance"?!!!  That can't be possible.

He didn't.

He said: “The points tell a story, don’t they?’ I think this game is typical of the way the season has gone for both teams.

“We didn’t quite manage to gel and Hibs kept at it and got a couple of goals through persistence more than anything else.

“They played exactly how I expected them to play, I didn’t think they would do anything different and they didn’t.

“We just didn’t do well enough in possession of the ball.

“At the other end, we defender well, I thought John Souttar and Christophe Berra were excellent.

‘We went man for man at times and they dealt with the threat until those throw-in situations, which is really annoying.

“It broke down in areas where I thought we would be better.

“Everybody can have a day where things don’t quite work for them, I can’t accuse them of not competing, It was a competitive match, both teams were up for it.

“But the moments where we did need that bit of composure we didn’t find it.”

HeartofHartley
32 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Please tell me he never said he was "pleased with the performance"?!!!  That can't be possible.

50 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Surely he didn’t say he was pleased with the performance.

:cornette:

I promise lads that was his exact words. Beggars belief!!!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11283647/levein-we-didnt-take-our-chances

9 seconds in! "Reasonably happy" 

Edited by HeartofHartley

Tokyo Drifter
3 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

I know there are a lot of injuries but I really don't think Cowie and Djoum - if that's who you mean by key players - would have made a difference last night. Djoum in particular has been posted missing in derbies before 

5 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I know there are a lot of injuries but I really don't think Cowie and Djoum - if that's who you mean by key players - would have made a difference last night. Djoum in particular has been posted missing in derbies before 

Mitchell was a massive miss as he’s one of our attacking options and able to match Boyle for pace. Instead we were forced  Into playing a slow right back against Boyle. Djoum is also a miss when comparing it to playing Smith in the middle of the park. 

40 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11283647/levein-we-didnt-take-our-chances

:facepalm: What a plum. He’s lost the plot. 8 wins in 26 league matches. Dreadful. 

Edited by Hendricks

HeartofHartley
1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

:facepalm: What a plum. He’s lost the plot. 8 wins in 26 league matches. Dreadful. 

What image does that portray not only to fans but to the team? Yeah it might be different behind closed doors but that is still abysmal. 

What makes it worse is that we, the paying public are technically his employer! It's an absolute disgrace that he isn't representing what the fans want on or off the pitch. 

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Jesus.....where to start with you! 

With my devilish good looks?

Have a go, go on. I won’t cry. 

1 hour ago, HeartofHartley said:

He must have been watching a diffrent game to the rest of us.

That drivel remins me off some of the stuff Cathro used to spout after a game, which really comfirms that CL was pulling the strings back then too, how can ANY manager be happy with a performance that produced 0 shots on target

• cosanostra locked this topic