World Cup qualifiers.....

Hendricks

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be in the rules that football should always be played on a pitch like this!

We tried it a year or two ago and the football was shite

Riddley Walker

A bit strange that Collum got this game when it matters so much to us.

Was thinking the same. Terribe planning by UEFA.

Riddley Walker

Is that it confirmed then?

Win tomorrow and a play off place is certain?

Aye. Nothing can go wrong.

Was thinking the same. Terribe planning by UEFA.

They could hardly work every permutation for all the games for each countries referee that could affect their respective group.

They could hardly work every permutation for all the games for each countries referee that could affect their respective group.

Hard to say that he would do us any favours anyway.

Riddley Walker

I reckon they could easily make sure a ref from the what, 6 countries affected isn't reffing a relevant game.

Bazzas right boot

The letter box can't fit that many stuffed envelopes for one.

If Greece fail to beat Cyprus then a Scotland draw in Slovenia will be enough if Slovakia don't beat Malta.  Unlikely I know.

ie - we need a win.  I would love this but, I suspect a draw 1-1 maybe as they are hard to break down.  England could not do it in normal time.

BUT they don't have a place to play for. BUt they are at home and pride.  We'll only win  by another deflection or chance strike. .  Sorry not trying to be pessimistic

Unknown user

ie - we need a win. I would love this but, I suspect a draw 1-1 maybe as they are hard to break down. England could not do it in normal time.

BUT they don't have a place to play for. BUt they are at home and pride. We'll only win by another deflection or chance strike. . Sorry not trying to be pessimistic

It's all about opinions chief!

I'm convinced we're going to fluke our way through this game and then the playoffs myself, we've got a couple of decades of good luck that we've not used.

Going to be a tough one. I think it will work in our favour if Slovakia are actually a few ahead against Malta by the half. Gives Slovenia absolutely nothing to play for.

Unknown user

I?m with you.

It?s a bit like our 2012 cup run. Just seems to be a bit of destiny about it.

Tomorrow could blow that theory big time of course.

Of course, but bollocks to it, let's get our hopes up!

:facepalm:

:laugh:

Bazzas right boot

ie - we need a win. I would love this but, I suspect a draw 1-1 maybe as they are hard to break down. England could not do it in normal time.

BUT they don't have a place to play for. BUt they are at home and pride. We'll only win by another deflection or chance strike. . Sorry not trying to be pessimistic

They need to win for a hope as well.

I'm confident we'll score a couple.

Bazzas right boot

The refs will have been booked and allocated well in advance. They have jobs and families to arrange things around too.

I agree, but changing a few flights etc but still using the same pool can't be hard.

I'd not be impressed if the roles were reversed.

Biggest Scotland game since the second leg v Holland under Berti.

Let's hope it's a better result

I know we're all living in the here and now but it's funny how folk are talking about tomorrow as the biggest game for, in your case, 14 years.

If we'd held on against Poland two years ago, we'd have been playing Gibraltar needing a win to make a playoff. Craig Levein's team I'm sure would have made a playoff but for a last minute Czech dive. George Burley faced Holland needling a win to make a playoff and Miller and Brown missed sitters (let's not talk Iwelumo!)

We've had plenty massive games but admittedly we've rarely entered the final match on such a high. Come on, Scotland, let's get it done this time!

Holland get the first of about 10 they need :D

*******s had better hurry up.

I'm on over 4.5 goals

Tziolis scores for Greece.

That lazy ****er should have been one of the best players ever to play in Scotland.

i would have loved to have seen him play with levein as manager

Riddley Walker

The refs will have been booked and allocated well in advance. They have jobs and families to arrange things around too.

They won't be booked that far in advance. There are 53 member associations in UEFA, it's their job to plan it so this kind of thing doesn't happen.

Tziolis scores for Greece.

That lazy ****er should have been one of the best players ever to play in Scotland.

He was the genuine article

I know I'm jumping the gun here but was looking at potential play off opponents and noticed something pretty absurd. Now its not certain because I actually think they have a chance to get something in Portugal on Tuesday but if Switzerland drop into the play offs they are definitely a team to avoid. I would much rather have the likes of Wales or Northern Ireland or even Croatia.

The Swiss World Cup qualifying record in recent times is beyond ridiculous. Dating back to 2002 their record is:

26 wins

12 draws

1 loss 

And if you take just the last 3 campaigns its;

22 wins

6 draws

1 loss

:uhoh2:

how weak is that dutch team compared to previous ones

It's grim. Babel is back ffs.

I think Sweden will beat them next week anyway.

You can tell the fans have no belief in the side. One of the best travelling away supports generally and there's barely a couple of hundred bothered tonight.

I agree, but changing a few flights etc but still using the same pool can't be hard.

I'd not be impressed if the roles were reversed.

They won't be booked that far in advance. There are 53 member associations in UEFA, it's their job to plan it so this kind of thing doesn't happen.

Steady on, lads.

Being the worst second-placed team was always by far the least likely of the three ways for us to miss out on qualification (the others being failing to beat Slovenia, or losing in the play-offs.)

I think we have a decent chance tomorrow, but the play-off draw will probably include both teams we have a reasonable chance against, and teams who will beat us 19 times out of 20, especially in a two-leg situation.

I know I'm jumping the gun here but was looking at potential play off opponents and noticed something pretty absurd. Now its not certain because I actually think they have a chance to get something in Portugal on Tuesday but if Switzerland drop into the play offs they are definitely a team to avoid. I would much rather have the likes of Wales or Northern Ireland or even Croatia.

The Swiss World Cup qualifying record in recent times is beyond ridiculous. Dating back to 2002 their record is:

26 wins

12 draws

1 loss

And if you take just the last 3 campaigns its;

22 wins

6 draws

1 loss

Portugal are in there at the moment 5 points behind the Swiss although it's

half time in their game against Andorra and it's currently scoreless.

Another team to avoid!

[Re: Switzerland]

Switzerland's win against Hungary means that Portugal will be in the play-off draw. I can't say I prefer it that way round.

Switzerland's win against Hungary means that Portugal will be in the play-off draw. I can't say I prefer it that way round.

Not if Portugal beat Andorra tonight and Switzerland next week

Switzerland need another 8 goals second half to change that.

Holland currently would need to beat Sweden 7-0 next week as it stands (not 13-0 as the comnentator said).

i thought he said 13 and was wrong

Archived