World Cup qualifiers.....

Hendricks

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha never a pen. Like the one McGhee had given against him at Pittodrie. 

Northern Ireland have been hopeless so far though.

Nelly Terraces
25 minutes ago, The Merse said:

That's a horrific decision against NI.

Disgraceful.

Agree. ****ing terrible. Really wanted them to qualify, great story, but honestly thought they'd not make it. 

54 minutes ago, King prawn said:

He is up against Rakitic, Modric and Perisic. A lot better players than him get circles run round them by those 3.    

That's true. The boys legs are completely gone at any decent level. Total passenger these days.

Croatia and Switzerland much the better teams. Good for the World Cup. 

portobellojambo1
50 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Haha never a pen. Like the one McGhee had given against him at Pittodrie. 

Northern Ireland have been hopeless so far though.

I'm not sure if the comparison you are making with tonight's non penalty is the incident with Jordan McGhee at Pittodrie, where the ball was swung into the box and he decided to stick his hand up for some reason and gave away a penalty that even someone with a guide dug would have seen.

Switzerland had a lot of the ball tonight, but only scored from a penalty that never was. It is reasonable to believe that Switzerland could also have had a man sent off very early on, and there were one or two incidents in the Swiss penalty area second half which although not penalties could have been given on the basis of what had gone before. Think the tie might well be over now, but I hope Northern Ireland can maybe sneak a result in Basle.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm not sure if the comparison you are making with tonight's non penalty is the incident with Jordan McGhee at Pittodrie, where the ball was swung into the box and he decided to stick his hand up for some reason and gave away a penalty that even someone with a guid dug would have seen.

Switzerland had a lot of the ball tonight, but only scored from a penalty that never was. It is reasonable to believe that Switzerland could also have had a man sent off very early on, and there were one or two incidents in the Swiss penalty area second half which although not penalties could have been given on the basis of what had gone before. Think the tie might well be over now, but I hope Northern Ireland can maybe sneak a result in Basle.

McGhee also had one given against him up there for a shot that hit his back. A couple of seasons before the ridiculous handball.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm not sure if the comparison you are making with tonight's non penalty is the incident with Jordan McGhee at Pittodrie, where the ball was swung into the box and he decided to stick his hand up for some reason and gave away a penalty that even someone with a guide dug would have seen.

there was a pen we conceded where one of our defenders had the ball struck at him and it hit him on the back and IIRC collum gave the pen. i dont remember it being mcghee or it being against aberdeen

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

there was a pen we conceded where one of our defenders had the ball struck at him and it hit him on the back and IIRC collum gave the pen. i dont remember it being mcghee or it being against aberdeen

4 minutes ago, upa1 said:

McGhee also had one given against him up there for a shot that hit his back. A couple of seasons before the ridiculous handball.

My apologies folks, I jumped the gun and assumed the poster I responded to was referring to the incident where Jordan handled the ball while it was still above his head, hence why I didn't understand the likeness being made. The poster I was responding to had mentioned Pittodrie and that crazy moment was the only one I could remember up there.

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

My apologies folks, I jumped the gun and assumed the poster I responded to was referring to the incident where Jordan handled the ball while it was still above his head, hence why I didn't understand the likeness being made.

tbf that was my first thought

3 hours ago, Homme said:

I see a draw in this NI game tonight.

0-0 or 1-1

Should have been

Made up penalty - makes you think someone wants Swiss in 

15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Hamill v Inverness you're thinking 

But McGhee v Aberdeen also (ended well with Jamie McDonald save and win)

So, Sweden v Italy tonight.

Much as I don’t like Italian folk as a rule, I think that Italy should be at World Cups so, with that in mind, that’s who I want to win.

I've just seen the penalty given against N Ireland.

When did Gollum grow hair and did he not know it wasn't a Hearts v Celtic home game?

23 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

When did Gollum grow hair and did he not know it wasn't a Hearts v Celtic home game?

:)

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

So, Sweden v Italy tonight.

Much as I don’t like Italian folk as a rule, I think that Italy should be at World Cups so, with that in mind, that’s who I want to win.

Immobile and Belotti both start despite supposedly not being match fit

38 minutes ago, Boab said:

Belotti is a risk. Hopefully still have enough in that team to mash the Swedes !

At least that wouldn’t be a turnip for the books!

lost in leith
10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Honduras v Australia underway, 0-0 after 10 mins

ANyone got a stream for this one?

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, lost in leith said:

ANyone got a stream for this one?

I'm watching it on Sportsmania (Spanish commentary)

18 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Just seen it myself. Horrendous decision.

10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Full Time - Honduras 0-0 Australia.

Aussies now favourites to make the finals.

And New Zealand 0 Peru 0 first leg

So, 2nd legs today of Switzerland v Northern Ireland (tie could still go either way) 

Greece v Croatia (nothing short of a miracle will stop Croatia from going to Russia).

Genuinely think N.Ireland could turn that 1-0 around.

Switzerland are pish (saw them in Lisbon last month), but British Ireland are shocking! How they can be anywhere near qualifying for Russia is beyond me. Their southern counterparts are not much better, so what does that say about Denmark?

jimmy the jambo
1 minute ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

2-0  NI: Kyle both goals!! 

Aye,wishful thinking BB,he's not exactly on fire in the SPL,doubt he'll score twice tonight.

I hope your right and his confidence will take a major boost,I guess that would be a win win for Hearts?

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

He’s on the bench. 

Hughes starts at right back. 

Thats disgraceful. I hope his shitey country get pumped. 

Archived