World Cup qualifiers.....

Hendricks

Dramatic night.

Chile out is a bigger shock. They've blown it last few games. One being the home defeat to Paraguay in last hours of transfer window when Alexis Sanchez was perhaps distracted by his proposed transfer to Man City. 

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hendricks said:

You have to question how the **** Concacaf manage to get 3 automatic qualifying places. If tonights result holds (currently Trinidad and Tobago 2 USA ) it will mean that the USA qualify AUTOMATICALLY after winning 3 games (all at home) from 10 against the might of T+T, Honduras and Panama. I'm sorry but thats farcical and I want to see them there! Not only that but they get a play off spot for the 4th team too. 

Votes for FIFA executives. Maybe bribes. Jack Warner's confederation. 

2 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Huge fan of that rant.. I would doubt anyone can really argue with what was said..

Bringing it back to Scotland briefly.. where is that passion from our ex players and pundits.. there is an apathy around our national team..

Back to the US.. if they can get everyone pulling in the same direction they could be turn it around.. Aside from the Dortmund player there isn't really any great players.. Now is a time to bring in some of the younger guys.. If that's the case the previous poster might be right and promote the current U21's manager if he's being doing a good job as has been suggested..

Unlike Scotland most countries respond to humiliation like this by totally reviewing and improving their whole set up. 

Might do US some good long term. 

45 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Jeez I wish I stayed up last night to watch all this. Looks like carnage. Panama qualified? :lol:

Yes

Play off is Honduras v Australia 

Other play off is Peru v New Zealand

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Unlike Scotland most countries respond to humiliation like this by totally reviewing and improving their whole set up. 

Might do US some good long term. 

Exactly my point..

Meanwhile we are thinking we might keep Strachan for a third failed qualifying attempt..

Footballfirst

Maybe some smart entrepreneur could organise a mini consolation tournament between the Netherlands, Chile, USA and Scotland, for the week before the World Cup starts.

49 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Maybe some smart entrepreneur could organise a mini consolation tournament between the Netherlands, Chile, USA and Scotland, for the week before the World Cup starts.

Swap us for Wales (well, for Bale) and there could be interest. 

Bazzas right boot

Panama in a world cup.

Scotland nope, Holland not even there but Panama are.

Bollocks.

8 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

TBF, we should be there, it was never a goal that Panama scored.

I can't buy that. Stuff like that happens. No way we should have ever been in that position in the first place. You can't beat a team that's already out of qualification and is roughly the size of Dallas, you don't deserve to be in the world cup. Period.

Fascinating article here.  Looks like the US is in the middle of a lost generation with players who should be in their primes right now simply not good enough (including our own former Captain America). http://americansoccernow.com/articles/the-missing-years-u-s-soccer-s-development-gap Looks like the news for the future is better than I was thinking last night.

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

In addition to Wales, add Sweden if they don't make it out of the playoffs.

I'd watch.

1 minute ago, Ugly American said:

You can't beat draw a team that's already out of qualification and is roughly the size of Dallas, you don't deserve to be in the world cup. Period.

Even worse.

By the way the draw was conducted very professionally. 

They drew two balls then put them in another pot unopened. Then first team drawn was home team. 

Hope SFA were watching. 

letsalldothebeattie

Surely both Northern & Republic will fancy chances to get through those ties. Both very winnable for them

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Surely both Northern & Republic will fancy chances to get through those ties. Both very winnable for them

Agree the Irish teams seem to have got favourable draws....    Have to find out when playing.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

‘Mon the Danes.

’Mon the Swedes.

’Mon the Greeks.

’Mon the Swiss.

You can't have a World Cup without Italy. It's against the law !

4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Good draw for N.Ireland. It’s easy to say the Swiss won 9 from 10 but they had a piss easy group.

they did beat portugal during it though.

13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Absolutely, and credit to them for that.

I’m not saying they’re not a good team, just that I wouldn’t read to much into their qualifiers as outside of Portugal it was a very weak group.

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Absolutely, and credit to them for that.

I’m not saying they’re not a good team, just that I wouldn’t read to much into their qualifiers as outside of Portugal it was a very weak group.

i agree, i think the only seeded side to avoid was italy, the other three are beatable 

• 4 weeks later...

Be hugely surprised if Switzerland aren't too good for Northern Ireland over the 2 legs. It could be comfortable in my opinion. 

Croatia to beat Greece in the other tie.

5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Good luck to Northern Ireland tonight.

nif-sharedfuture-flags-northern-ireland[1].jpg

Big Kyle starting up front! Confidence booster if he nets tonight.

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, jamdunc said:

Big Kyle starting up front! Confidence booster if he nets tonight.

Good will be watching it tonight,:thumbsup:

Fingers crossed for another home nation to make it to Russia.

And a Hearts representative at the World Cup would be amazing too!

MacDonald Jardine
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Fingers crossed for another home nation to make it to Russia.

And a Hearts representative at the World Cup would be amazing too!

Possibly two.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

Possibly two.

And MacPhee as well.

C'mon Norn Iron!

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Lmao. Greece. 

Lmao at your answer.

That was the two teams I wanted to win NOT who I thought would win.

Tziolis looks like he's playing for Hearts. Getting the absolute pish ripped out him by the Croatian midfield. 

14 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Great start for the Croats. Greece will do well to still be in this for the 2nd leg. 

Just pulled one back

30 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Tziolis looks like he's playing for Hearts. Getting the absolute pish ripped out him by the Croatian midfield. 

He is up against Rakitic, Modric and Perisic. A lot better players than him get circles run round them by those 3.

Archived