Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

But as long as Parliament is bound by the "no no- deal exit" law, can parliament reject any date proposed by the EU?.

The "Brexit fascists" may have a point?

They do indeed.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
19 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Why are folk still talking about deals and negotiating. 

THERE IS NO NEGOTIATING GOING ON NOW!!!

Both the Irish PM & Junker has already said team GB are just wasting time and being disingenuous. 

THE TORIES DONT WANT A DEAL. THEY NEVER HAVE!!!

The Tories are the only party to vote for a deal.  If any of the other parties had done likewise we would have left with a deal.  

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The Tories are the only party to vote for a deal.  If any of the other parties had done likewise we would have left with a deal.  

It’s a pity that at the beginning the government didn’t have cross party talks.

They waited until the last minute to have them.

Chancers.

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a pity that at the beginning the government didn’t have cross party talks.

They waited until the last minute to have them.

Chancers.

Agreed 

23 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

OK. It bores even me but I will explain yet again why saying I "didn't bother to vote" was misleading … or a "lie" as Remainers would say.

I was out of the country with my wife, who was and is fairly solidly Leave. Yes she is one of the17.4m thick racists … to think I never knew! I was somewhat reluctantly pro-Remain, as I hate quite a lot of what the EU is about but on balance Remain seemed the lesser of evils. So we decided there was no point in us getting a postal or proxy vote as we would simply cancel each other out.

In the Remainer mind this disqualifies me from expressing an opinion or holding a view. Such is the mindset of those who accuse 17.4m people of being thick. Or racist. Or both.

Heh. 

You’ve read the Good Friday Agreement from cover to cover, apparently, and anointed yourself as the guru on the potential backstop. 

You’ve also served in the RN and “went to war” (your own words - check it) half way around the world to the Falklands Conflict thus defending British sovereignty. 

Yet you couldn’t be arsed to register and vote, but you consider your opinions relevant. 

Jog on. You’re a busted flush. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Les Izemore said:

Heh. 

You’ve read the Good Friday Agreement from cover to cover, apparently, and anointed yourself as the guru on the potential backstop. 

You’ve also served in the RN and “went to war” (your own words - check it) half way around the world to the Falklands Conflict thus defending British sovereignty. 

Yet you couldn’t be arsed to register and vote, but you consider your opinions relevant. 

Jog on. You’re a busted flush. 

If I served in the RN and went to war in the Falklands it must have been in another life or parallel universe.

The rest of your post is no more accurate but I at least recognise your target.

Jambo, Goodbye
3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That simply isn't true. Only labour had the numbers to affect the vote the first and second time. Loads of Tories voted against the deal every time however. 

On the 3rd time off asking the SNP could have voted for the deal to help pass it but again an equal number of Tories opposed it. 

Brighton Jambo
22 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

That simply isn't true. Only labour had the numbers to affect the vote the first and second time. Loads of Tories voted against the deal every time however. 

On the 3rd time off asking the SNP could have voted for the deal to help pass it but again an equal number of Tories opposed it. 

Fair point but as you say if labour and/or the SNP had voted for it the third time it would have passed.  Even Boris and Rees-Mogg voted for it.  It just pisses me off that had those parties voted for the deal instead of playing politics we would not be in this position.  Given that fact all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about no deal sticks in my throat.  

Jambo, Goodbye
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Fair point but as you say if labour and/or the SNP had voted for it the third time it would have passed.  Even Boris and Rees-Mogg voted for it.  It just pisses me off that had those parties voted for the deal instead of playing politics we would not be in this position.  Given that fact all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about no deal sticks in my throat.  

The SNP will oppose any sort of Brexit because they represent 34 constituencies that also opposed it. I think that's a fair stance to take. 

I'd agree with you over Labour,  they seemed more opportunistic in trying to force a GE at the time. 

Had May not called that snap election or included party leaders and devolved governments from the beginning things could have worked out perhaps. 

But like you rightly said,  many people guilty of playing politics. 

UK Work and Pensions Secretary Amber Rudd resigns from government saying she cannot stand by while loyal Conservatives are expelled.

dobmisterdobster
6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Amber Rudd quits cabinet and the Tories!

All the fake Tories are quitting. I love it.

Nobody will miss her after the whole Windrush fiasco.

dobmisterdobster
11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Elmer’s away.  Expect a few more to follow.  This is Boris’ death knell.  He won’t last the week.

All he has to do is defeat Jeremy Corbin in am election. Not a tall order.

Sexton Hardcastle
3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Snap poll had them even further ahead. 

JC remains the problem.

Boris is finished, his government is ****ed. He’s being ripped apart by Leaks, Journalists, his own party and the advice of Dominic Cummings. What an absolute disaster.

Shanks said no

With a majority of 346 over Labour and a Brexit candidate standing Rudd was a goner anyway 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

15 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

With a majority of 364 over Labour and a Brexit candidate standing Rudd was a goner anyway 

She was talked about as a future leader not so long ago. 

Tories splitting open as it's looking. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Rudd,  like Morgan,  is a total hanger on.    No principles.    Personal position first... notions of believing in stuff second.      Total waste of time.

6 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

U smokin again???

My only action in response is to not vote.

Ir means nothing.

Beat if all the shrieking hypocrites run the country.

Cheap toilet cleaners

Immigration as long as it doest affect their housing schools abs other ifrastructure

10 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Beating Corbyn is easy, his party doesnt even have a clear manifesto.  Gaining a majority government that will allow Boris to push through his right wing fantasies is highly unlikely now, even if he jumps into bed with Farage I don’t think the numbers will get him over the 50% threshold.  Would require a massive swing from the left/centre and I don’t see that happening, in fact I see the centre ground getting stronger as they, along with the Brexit party of course, have been most transparent on their Brexit position.  Brexit is the main topic of debate/background to the next GE so the recent European elections will prove, imo, to be a good indication of the reality that faces us.  Lib Dem’s and Brexit Party will steal from Labour and Conservative and SNP will wipe it out in Scotland.  Result - no majority in the commons regardless of permutation and the impasse continues.  I’m not a fan of the SNP, but the only clear result of this GE will be a very very strong case for another independence referendum given that we face another 5 years of being poorly represented in Westminster, and taken out of Europe against the country’s will.

IMO Party politics is dead.  Hopefully people will see what has happened in recent weeks in the commons and vote with their consciences in the GE, not their traditional party loyalties.   People’s vote is the only viable route out of this mess.  There are clearly 3 camps of public thought evolving - no deal, leave with the current deal (we won’t get another one), remain.  No more votes in parliament after that, final result stands and we get on with it.  Now that the fundamentals of a no deal and May’s deal are more transparent, no one should challenge the result of this one.

Looks like Boris Johnson will challenge the law forcing him to ask for the extension. 

But not because they think they can succeed. As part of their election campaign to show the Leave supporters they are on their side. 

dobmisterdobster
13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

She was talked about as a future leader not so long ago. 

Tories splitting open as it's looking. 

The grassroots of the party would not let her anywhere near the leadership.

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Beating Corbyn is easy, his party doesnt even have a clear manifesto.  

Labour is more confident about its election prospects for several reasons. But a big one is that election period rules mean that for a rare period it actually gets a fair hearing.

Saying Labour doesn't have any policies reflects their own focus on Brexit but also a media that for example has focused on anti-semitism before any policy. 

Does anyone know any LibDem policies apart from stopping Brexit?

IMG_20190908_114156.jpg

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Labour is more confident about its election prospects for several reasons. But a big one is that election period rules mean that for a rare period it actually gets a fair hearing.

Saying Labour doesn't have any policies reflects their own focus on Brexit but also a media that for example has focused on anti-semitism before any policy. 

IMG_20190908_114156.jpg

Here, knock yourself out. https://www.libdems.org.uk/policy_papers

37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20190908_114156.jpg

All fine and dandy and overwhelmingly policies I would be happy to get behind BUT the election will be all about Brexit and the latest Labour position (as put forward by Emily Thornberry on Question Time) is nuts. The idea that you will re-negotiate a softer Brexit deal , put that to a referendum and campaign against it is nonsensical and will be exposed from Day 1 of the Brexit General Election campaign.

21 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Half of them maybe but even the ones that did though it was a bit shit. 

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20190908_114156.jpg

Looks impressive until you actually read it and think about what it means. To the extent it actually means anything more than a soundbite.

Noises coming from EU suggest the Jezza/Nip election snub is a massive OG.  They might have convinced the voters in October to empty BoJo (who knows), but now they are staring down the barrel of no deal as even the EU are ready to walk instead of extending article 50 or giving BoJo any new deal crumbs. Sad!

22 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Noises coming from EU suggest the Jezza/Nip election snub is a massive OG.  They might have convinced the voters in October to empty BoJo (who knows), but now they are staring down the barrel of no deal as even the EU are ready to walk instead of extending article 50 or giving BoJo any new deal crumbs. Sad!

:words:

20 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not the EU’s choice if/when the UK has a GE. 

If it becomes clear theres no extension then I am sure the GE could be brought forward. 

As for any new deal, BoJo’s team are not even negotiating one so unlikely one will be offered. 

End of the day it wont even matter to Scotland as in the long term we will likely be an EU member. 

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

noises coming from the EU as read in the latest round of Troy/Brexit propaganda you’ve read.. 😆

15 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not the EU’s choice if/when the UK has a GE. 

If it becomes clear theres no extension then I am sure the GE could be brought forward. 

As for any new deal, BoJo’s team are not even negotiating one so unlikely one will be offered. 

End of the day it wont even matter to Scotland as in the long term we will likely be an EU member. 

I didn't say it was the EU's choice, I said they weren't interested in another extension unless there is a new UK government. So on that you better get the wee ginger midden on the case. Of course, your last point is what I've been saying along about the SNP -  it's all about exploiting Brexit for a second Ayeref and some backdoor to Brussels. 

Edited by JackLadd

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

:rofl:

dobmisterdobster
11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I didn't say it was the EU's choice, I said they weren't interested in another extension unless there is a new UK government. So on that you better get the wee ginger midden on the case. Of course, your last point is what I've been saying along about the SNP -  it's all about exploiting Brexit for a second Ayeref and some backdoor to Brussels. 

Brexit was supposed to be a catalyst for Independence but that hasn't happened.

The SNP have become another generic remainer party with the same boring sound bites as the Lib Dems, Greens, Plaid Cymru, Change UK. I can't tell them apart.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

to be fair, it doesn’t take much nous to exploit this absolute cluster****.. deciding making ourselves poorer :rofl:Because  right wing racists, grannies pining for a return to the days of Vera Lynn and idiots dumb enough to believe Tory lies that we’d actually be BETTER off voted for it. :rofl: still can’t believe the last one ..

I voted no at independence referrendum, at the time was proud to be Scottish, British and European

95% chance I’ll be voting yes when the question is inevitable asked again, to be honest - I want nothing to do with the worldwide embarrassment that is the nation of England.. either that or I’ll emigrate becuase to be honest I’m sick to death of the knuckle dragging morons in this country. 

7 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Brexit was supposed to be a catalyst for Independence but that hasn't happened.

The SNP have become another generic remainer party with the same boring sound bites as the Lib Dems, Greens, Plaid Cymru, Change UK. I can't tell them apart.

I don't think they are genuine remainers ala libdems/Greens at all. It's all show for their Ayeref2 grievances basket. We wiz pulled oot against ur wull, people ay Scoatland voted remain...  This is the agenda they need for a second ref. Any deal is not good for them. 

Edited by JackLadd

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

to be fair, it doesn’t take much nous to exploit this absolute cluster****.. deciding making ourselves poorer :rofl:Because  right wing racists, grannies pining for a return to the days of Vera Lynn and idiots dumb enough to believe Tory lies that we’d actually be BETTER off voted for it. :rofl: still can’t believe the last one ..

I voted no at independence referrendum, at the time was proud to be Scottish, British and European

95% chance I’ll be voting yes when the question is inevitable asked again, to be honest - I want nothing to do with the worldwide embarrassment that is the nation of England.. either that or I’ll emigrate becuase to be honest I’m sick to death of the knuckle dragging morons in this country. 

:greatpost:

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You respect these people, I don't. 

Still infantile.

I don’t respect Boris Johnson but calling him silly names.

No.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Exploiting?

What? Scotland exploiting? Really?

Did you know the SNP (thats the main party in Scotland) actually support the Brexit result in Scotland?

Also, you do know their whole existence is to achieve independence?

They are not there to follow the unelected PM’s agenda or timetable. 

Just so you know. 

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’ve said the same to him previously that ‘nippy/crankie’ etc. detracts from the point he’s trying to make. 

Exactly. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )