Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Bojo brother has just quite :rofl:

Saying it was was a choice between his morals and family loyalty. 

He is the better brother tbh

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shanks said no
44 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

See Bojo's bro Jojo has quit as an MP.

Lovely safe seat going a begging there, he had a 19,000 majority at the last election 

Ruth Davidson jumped ship too early 

Just now, Barack said:

Dominic Cummings' plans unravelling rather quickly.

I'm still not sure.

They want a general election and with a pact with the Brexit Party they will win a majority IMO.

Things will really get messy then.

The time for a Brexit compromise appears to be over (May botched that and the ERG never wanted it) so the options are election, new deal or new referendum. 

An election will be horrible with the people vs parliament crap (30m voted in MPs, 90k Johnson as PM - democracy in action there), a new deal isn't happening as Johnson appears to be lying about trying to get one, a referendum with various options seems to me the only way out but don't think Parliament will vote for that. 

What a mess

49 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm reading a Science Fiction book at the moment where the premise is that an advanced alien race no longer has negative traits such as hatred or violence, but is extremely bored as a result, so has set up Earth as an intergalactic television show with thousands of channels where they get their kicks out of humans simply being stupid and running around being bad to each other. It couldn't be more pertinent at the moment. :D The Brexit channel would probably only be second to the Trump channel if this were real.

The JKB channel would be in there too.

Labour know they cant win an election and I think the feeling that Johnston will form a pact with Farage and the Brexit party is horrific. 

An election will not happen, no deal will not happen, a deal will not happen and an extension will just prolong this shit storm for longer. 

I have no idea how this situation resolves. The ONLY sensible option is another referendum IMO but that wont happen either  

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

See Bojo's bro Jojo has quit as an MP.

Split in the Conservative Party has been underestimated. This is major. 

While obviously stopping No Deal is the reason, waiting for the Tories to split even more is worth waiting a couple of months more. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Labour know they cant win an election and I think the feeling that Johnston will form a pact with Farage and the Brexit party is horrific. 

An election will not happen, no deal will not happen, a deal will not happen and an extension will just prolong this shit storm for longer. 

I have no idea how this situation resolves. The ONLY sensible option is another referendum IMO but that wont happen either  

Johnson forming any pact with Farage will completely split the Tory party. 

On Johnson's resignation, Theresa Griffin MEP commented:

The first example of a politician stepping down to spend less time with their family?

:D

dobmisterdobster
22 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Edited by dobmisterdobster
Sorry my phone is playing up.

dobmisterdobster

Luciana Berger has joined the Lib Dems who finished a distant third in her Liverpool Wavertree constituency.

Any defectors should be recalled immediately to face a by-election imo.

8 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Luciana Berger has joined the Lib Dems who finished a distant third in her Liverpool Wavertree constituency.

Why? You’re meant to vote for a candidate not just a rosette, guaranteed blind voting for useless candidates just because they’re Tories or Labour is part of the reason we’re in this mess.

Switching parties won’t make her a better for worse MP for Liverpool Wavertree.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

6 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Same has been said for years whenever someone crosses the floor. 

I dont really disagree agree with you.

So it seems that the Europeans are saying that the UK Gov have been disingenuous in their claims that they are negotiating with them in good faith.

It is in fact a smoke screen to create an illusion that they are negotiating when in fact what they are doing is killing time to try and push through their No deal Brexit agenda. 

THEY WANT A NO DEAL BREXIT!

THEY DONT WANT AN EXIT AGREEMENT!

THE TORIES ARE STILL LYING!!!

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

So it seems that the Europeans are saying that the UK Gov have been disingenuous in their claims that they are negotiating with them in good faith.

It is in fact a smoke screen to create an illusion that they are negotiating when in fact what they are doing is killing time to try and push through their No deal Brexit agenda. 

THEY WANT A NO DEAL BREXIT!

THEY DONT WANT AN EXIT AGREEMENT!

THE TORIES ARE STILL LYING!!!

Boris is lying and the public are swallowing it down via the teat of the MSM.

Anyone who watched Ken Clarke last night would see how heartily sick decent honourable Tories are of the utter shysters running the country now. 

Brighton Jambo
15 hours ago, Victorian said:

The blind will of the people.    Based on a prospectus of lies.    Three years out of date.

But aye... let's deliver a bogus,  corruptly derived result,    even it ****s up the same people who were conned.

The was a polling expert on Radio Five Live this morning that says there is virtually no evidence of leave voter changing their mind.  Any shift towards a remain win in a second referendum (which he said was 50/50) was based on those who didn't vote last time.

So all this people didn't know, now we have all the facts etc is simply not true, they would vote the same

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The was a polling expert on Radio Five Live this morning that says there is virtually no evidence of leave voter changing their mind.  Any shift towards a remain win in a second referendum (which he said was 50/50) was based on those who didn't vote last time.

So all this people didn't know, now we have all the facts etc is simply not true, they would vote the same

Yeah, I know why that is, (see above) theyre still lying and the Daily Mail et-al are still endorsing those lies. Folk still think that Unicorns are coming. 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I'm reading a Science Fiction book at the moment where the premise is that an advanced alien race no longer has negative traits such as hatred or violence, but is extremely bored as a result, so has set up Earth as an intergalactic television show with thousands of channels where they get their kicks out of humans simply being stupid and running around being bad to each other. It couldn't be more pertinent at the moment. :D The Brexit channel would probably only be second to the Trump channel if this were real.

I doubt either would make the top 20.

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yeah, I know why that is, (see above) theyre still lying and the Daily Mail et-al are still endorsing those lies. Folk still think that Unicorns are coming. 

Yeah us thickos cant understand propaganda.

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Last election result in 2017 in Luciana Berger's Liverpool constituency 

Labour 80%

Lib Dems 6.5% 

They now have a Lib Dem MP. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He was a remainer.

The family get togethers must be a hoot.

His sister Rachel was on the same boat as Bob Geldof, during a protest, shouting abuse at her brother and Farage. Even his family hate him. 

I think it is just the thick people of the UK that vote for him. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

His sister Rachel was on the same boat as Bob Geldof, during a protest, shouting abuse at her brother and Farage. Even his family hate him. 

I think it is just the thick people of the UK that vote for him. 

Your last sentence sounds about right. 

21 minutes ago, jake said:

Yeah us thickos cant understand propaganda.

Seems to be a lot of that going around just now Jake...

Boris is just trying to put an end to the matter and get us a deal or out after 3 years of foot dragging by Jezzbollah and the Nipster. These backsliders and agitators should have accepted the May deal, but as we all know they are full of bs. 

Edited by JackLadd

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Boris is just trying to put an end to the matter and get us a deal or out after 3 years of foot dragging by Jezzbollah and the Nipster. These backsliders and agitators should have accepted the May deal, but as we all know they are full of bs. 

Michael Gove was asked today in Parliament if he would now vote for the deal and said "Yes". 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Bit of a dogs dinner all this , why can't a politician not just say yes or no, I'm in I'm out, they change their minds all the time 

17 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

:rofl:What a load of pish.

Ah, the old " you must be alt right" argument if you're not a lefty, liberal, anti democratic elitist who wants to overturn the result of an election. The UK must be some place if there's 17 and a half million of these Nazis kicking about.

Ship us all off to Alabama! :rofl:

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Johnson forming any pact with Farage will completely split the Tory party. 

After the events of the last few days, that coalition will no longer form a majority so I at least feel at ease that Farage and co have returned to being a distant nuisance.

Labour, Lib Dem and SNP coalition starting to look like a go-er, especially if part of the deal involves a 2nd Indy ref.

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Michael Gove was asked today in Parliament if he would now vote for the deal and said "Yes". 

Gove voted for it at the 2nd and 3rd time of asking
Raab, Johnson, Rees-mogg all voted for it at the 3rd time of asking.

27 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

.... and the ERG Brexit extremists too remember

25 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Say at the beginning of all of this we left the EU but remained in the EEA/efta type of arrangement, then the result of the referendum would have been respected. As we would have left the EU.

What has happened since, is a Tory vision of what leaving means. So much so May went to the polls and fancied getting a bigger majority but she blew it.

Now the lunatics have taken over (IMO).

40 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Dinny talk pish!

Bojo voted against May's deal twice and he's now the bloody PM FFS!

Also: Remind me again what "Nipster" voted???

Edited by Pans Jambo

9 minutes ago, Boris said:

Say at the beginning of all of this we left the EU but remained in the EEA/efta type of arrangement, then the result of the referendum would have been respected. As we would have left the EU.

What has happened since, is a Tory vision of what leaving means. So much so May went to the polls and fancied getting a bigger majority but she blew it.

Now the lunatics have taken over (IMO).

On the advice of the previous generation of uniquely talented,   tactical and strategical genius special advisors.    

The mind boggles as to how these reputations are gained.     I have my own idea on that.

The Real Maroonblood
41 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

:rofl:

dobmisterdobster
31 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

After the events of the last few days, that coalition will no longer form a majority so I at least feel at ease that Farage and co have returned to being a distant nuisance.

Labour, Lib Dem and SNP coalition starting to look like a go-er, especially if part of the deal involves a 2nd Indy ref.

Can't see that scenario happening under first past the post.

56 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

This morning on tv Farage said that May's deal was an abomination, worst deal in history and that we were better off staying in the EU than accpeting the deal.

Does that mean that the Brexiteers who voted for it are traitors and betraying the referendum? 😋

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

What’s the book called? Sounds cracking!

8 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Can't see that scenario happening under first past the post.

Technically it is possible now.

Labour, SNP, Lib Dem, Change Uk, Plaid, Green and the 21 recent ex-Tories who were booted from the party.

They could form a fragile govt.

Unlikely, but possible.

dobmisterdobster
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Technically it is possible now.

Labour, SNP, Lib Dem, Change Uk, Plaid, Green and the 21 recent ex-Tories who were booted from the party.

They could form a fragile govt.

Unlikely, but possible.

You're right, it could happen in parliament now due to the unique circumstances but not after an election.

The system just doesn't produce coalitions like that. It would under proportional representation like what they have in Italy.

1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You're right, it could happen in parliament now due to the unique circumstances but not after an election.

The system just doesn't produce coalitions like that. It would under proportional representation like what they have in Italy.

If clegg hadn't kissed Tory arse in 2010, we could have had a lab, Lib SNP coalition.

Meh.

Agree that fptp usually results in less "rainbow" coalitions, but tbf, it's only recently that even under fptp that we coalitions at all.

7 minutes ago, Boris said:

If clegg hadn't kissed Tory arse in 2010, we could have had a lab, Lib SNP coalition.

Meh.

Agree that fptp usually results in less "rainbow" coalitions, but tbf, it's only recently that even under fptp that we coalitions at all.

To be fair, LibDems did talk to Labour first but Brown was acting like a tool so they broke off negotiations and look where we are now

57 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

What’s the book called? Sounds cracking!

It's "Channel Blue" by Jay Martel. On the cover, they have a quote from Louis Theroux which says that it is in the "tradition of Douglas Adams and Kurt Vonnegut", which is what made me pick it up. I've certainly found it to be a fun read. YMMV of course. :)

Moggy using parliamentary privilege to have another go at the doctor who wrote the medical section of Yellowhammer.

Openly smearing the doctor in the house, knowing he can't be prosecuted for it.

What a dick

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )