Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

12 minutes ago, Cade said:

Moggy using parliamentary privilege to have another go at the doctor who wrote the medical section of Yellowhammer.

Openly smearing the doctor in the house, knowing he can't be prosecuted for it.

What a dick

Rees-Mogg and Johnson are entitled to disagree with the assessment HOWEVER they should also state that they are prepared to take full responsibilty for the consequences and resign immediately if the Yellowhammer warnings come to fruition.

Edited by RobboM

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
52 minutes ago, Cade said:

To be fair, LibDems did talk to Labour first but Brown was acting like a tool so they broke off negotiations and look where we are now

Brown gives me the boak. 

27 minutes ago, Cade said:

Moggy using parliamentary privilege to have another go at the doctor who wrote the medical section of Yellowhammer.

Openly smearing the doctor in the house, knowing he can't be prosecuted for it.

What a dick

It's a risk.

One of the Conservative MPs that voted against the Government said he decided after hearing Mogg slag off the doctor on the radio. 

5 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

By tradition yes, if the election had been on Monday 14th / Tuesday 15th October it would have been the first Non Thursday GE since 1931

14 December 1918 – Saturday

15 November 1922 – Wednesday

6 December 1923 – Thursday

29 October 1924 – Wednesday

30 May 1929 – Thursday

27 October 1931 – Tuesday

Cheers 👍

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Our Glorious Prime Minister being ripped to bits by various journalists.

:jjyay:

Comedy gold. Especially the dead in a ditch part. :rofl:

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

Rees-Mogg and Johnson are entitled to disagree with the assessment HOWEVER they should also state that they are prepared to take full responsibilty for the consequences and resign immediately if the Yellowhammer warnings come to fruition.

Did you really mention a politician taking responsibility ?

When that happens most of JKB's current posters will be long gone

2 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

What’s the book called? Sounds cracking!

Reminds of the TV show, People of Earth. Loved that show and they bloody cancelled it. :(

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Comedy gold. Especially the dead in a ditch part. :rofl:

The arse must be related to Trump.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
38 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The arse must be related to Trump.

I'm sure Trump was impressed by that phukwits performance.

Dignified & eloquent are two words that don't spring to mind.

Supposedly giving serious consideration to refusing to recognise the new legislation and just not comply with it.

Another genius idea from the messiah special adviser no doubt.     Can't wait to hear the justification to come from the lips of all the cabinet thugs... oh wait... they're all in hiding.    Maybe not.

John Major laying the smackdown on Boris' gang of shysters

The government must change its tone. Ministers routinely insult half the electorate as “Remoaners”. The surgeon who drew up the Yellowhammer risk register of epilepsy and neurology drugs is told he is a “fear-mongering Remainer”.

Businessmen are warned that a negative attitude on Brexit will lead to their companies being frozen out of any future government consultation. This is behaviour I never thought to see from any British government, and it must stop.

The abuse comes from Cabinet ministers; and the threats from No 10 special advisers. I repeat: it must stop.

Ahead lie many challenges. If we are to meet them we need government of the highest quality, not government by bluster and threat in a climate of aggressive bullying.

Anti-Europeans may cheer, but a weaker Europe leaves the UK more at the mercy of decisions taken by a – I hope temporarily – dysfunctional United States, and a long-term autocratic China.

It also leaves the UK more vulnerable to Putin’s aggressive and assertive Russia. None of that will be welcome, but it is the inevitable legacy of Brexit.

Our new UK government knows this to be true. Yet they ignore it – and pursue our exit from Europe on an artificial date, without a deal. Some do so for ideological reasons. Others for political and personal advantage. Neither the ideologue nor the self-interested Brexiteer appears to put our national wellbeing first.

Our new Cabinet has no majority and no mandate ... It is not a Cabinet of all available talents. It is a faction of a faction, with no counter-balance of opinion to hold it back. Upon Brexit, the Cabinet non–believers are mere window dressing. They will not be listened to, and will always be out-voted.

And, earlier today, in court:

I served in Parliament for over 20 years both as a backbench MP and as a government minister at cabinet and more junior levels. I was, of course, prime minister for nearly seven years and am very proud to have been in the Commons and a minister.

I have huge admiration for our Parliament and am a keen supporter of its rights and duties. I cannot stand idly by and watch them set

Essentially, the protection of individual rights afforded by Parliament is being compromised.

In order to allegedly protect the democratic outcome of the referendum, the government believes it is justified in suspending the UK’s democratic processes to achieve its desired ends.

This is unacceptable and is the reason I was determined to assist in these proceedings.

aside in this fashion.

I appreciate that this is not the government’s stated intention for proroguing Parliament, but for the reasons set out in this statement, the inescapable inference to be drawn is that the prorogation is to prevent Parliament from exercising its right to disagree with the government and to legislate as it sees fit.

28 minutes ago, gjcc said:

TPFKATC. Please please please please. 

“Boris Johnson today said he would rather be 'dead in a ditch' than delay Brexit - amid mounting speculation he could quit if MPs again block him from holding a snap election.”

The options are :

Ignore the law

Observe the law (= full reverse on what he promised)

Resign

Not the best set of options.

As for what John Major said about this government... it's the plain truth.     This government is just the latest creation of the lost values of society.     People and groups have less and less self control to behave within the law and normal standards of decency.      More empowerment to do and get away with whatever the **** they want,    no matter the consequences for others.     No inhibitions.     We'll just screw over anyone we want and nobody will care.    No consequences.     I'll get what I want for me.     Nobody cares about rules.     

This government and most of the Tory party represent this kind of predatory philosophy.     They've existed in a symbiotic relationship with their natural support base for decades.    Mutual advantage and protection.     It'll be going on long after Brexit is forgotten about.

Edited by Victorian

Governor Tarkin
40 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This government and most of the Tory party represent this kind of predatory philosophy.     They've existed in a symbiotic relationship with their natural support base for decades.    Mutual advantage and protection.     It'll be going on long after Brexit is forgotten about.

Unless we have them all shot.

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Settle down. :)

It's not a novel idea, historically speaking, but I'll admit that the results have been a mixed bag.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The options are :

Ignore the law

Observe the law (= full reverse on what he promised)

Resign

Not the best set of options.

As for what John Major said about this government... it's the plain truth.     This government is just the latest creation of the lost values of society.     People and groups have less and less self control to behave within the law and normal standards of decency.      More empowerment to do and get away with whatever the **** they want,    no matter the consequences for others.     No inhibitions.     We'll just screw over anyone we want and nobody will care.    No consequences.     I'll get what I want for me.     Nobody cares about rules.     

Agreed. There was a time when if Parliament voted 80% to hold a referendum and following the result voted with a 348 majority to invoke Article 50 they would try to implement the outcome rather than obstruct it every inch of the way.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Agreed. There was a time when if Parliament voted 80% to hold a referendum and following the result voted with a 348 majority to invoke Article 50 they would try to implement the outcome rather than obstruct it every inch of the way.

Not in any way related to my points but load of shite anyway.     The parties had no practical choice but to support the referendum and invoking of article 50.    The support of parliament to entrust the process of invoking article 50 and the associated management of leaving in sn orderly way was abused and broken from the outset,    as well as continuing to this day.    

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Unless we have them all shot.

Can u start with that prick who shouts Stop brexit, outside Wm, please?

👍

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not in any way related to my points but load of shite anyway.     The parties had no practical choice but to support the referendum and invoking of article 50.    The support of parliament to entrust the process of invoking article 50 and the associated management of leaving in sn orderly way was abused and broken from the outset,    as well as continuing to this day.    

Sorry but why did Parliament have no "practical choice" but to vote 80% to hold a referendum and to vote overwhelmingly to invoke article 50?

I think the behaviour of Parliament has everything to do with the point you were making.

Edited by Francis Albert

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry but why did Parliament have no "practical choice" but to vote 80% to hold a referendum and to vote overwhelmingly to invoke article 50?

Well the Tories insisted in putting a fundamental democratic event in front of the public therefore the other major party was duty bound to support it.    At that stage it was reasonable to expect that the government would manage the verdict,   whatever that was,   with responsibility and in the national interest.     

Having supported the referendum and in the same expectation of a responsible approach to deliver the leave outcome,    there was no credible choice other than for the two major parties to support the decision to invoke article 50.     

The monumental mismanagement of the entire process and the more recent scramble to deliberately seek a disorderly exit were things well beyond the vision of anyone at that juncture.     If we had known then what we know now then I suggest that parliament would not onlý have been within their rights to resist supporting article 50,    but also absolutely duty bound to.     

Parliamentary support of the referendum and article 50 has zero to do with the resistence to allowing a no deal exit.      That kind of theory has no credibility in the real world.

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If we had known then what we know now then I suggest that parliament would not onlý have been within their rights to resist supporting article 50,    but also absolutely duty bound to.     

Parliamentary support of the referendum and article 50 has zero to do with the resistence to allowing a no deal exit.      That kind of theory has no credibility in the real world.

But but obstruction. They did it on purpose. 😐

Why do these Europhiles think extending article 50 means anything? If they are that certain the public want to stay in the eu ad infinitum then call the election.

6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Why do these Europhiles think extending article 50 means anything? If they are that certain the public want to stay in the eu ad infinitum then call the election.

They call it, Boris holds it on Nov 1st?

9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

They've all made tits of themselves to be fair apart from the lib-dem MP. Talking over each other to the extent nothing has really been debated or discussed. 

Kwasi was seriously sweating early doors on being called out for lying about the intention to prorogue parliament now that the memos are out but they moved on to bicker about something else and ignored one of the main points. 

It’s a bit shit these days. 

Folk might slate Thornberry for her Get a deal and campaign against it statement but at least she faced the tough question and gave an answer.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )