Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You didnt vote. You have already admitted this previously.Couldn't even be bothered doing a postal vote. 

If you don't vote your opinion is worthless. 

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If you don't vote your opinion is worthless. 

There were millions of EU citizens denied a vote, millions of UK migrants in the EU denied a vote and anyone currently 21 and under also denied a vote.

Maybe Francis Albert is just a young thing 🙂

Edited by RobboM

dobmisterdobster

Only persons with parliamentary franchise were permitted to vote in the referendum.

This was agreed by both sides. No point in arguing about it now.

21 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Only persons with parliamentary franchise were permitted to vote in the referendum.

Understood but it was nevertheless a decision that disenfranchised precisely those people who would be amongst the most affected by the referendum.

dobmisterdobster
4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

They can suspend parliament all they want. This will just go further to make parliament dig their heels in. 

Utterly stupid decision.

What's stupid is seeing basic constitutional functions challenged in court for no good reason.

1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What's stupid is seeing basic constitutional functions challenged in court for no good reason.

That’s the point of law courts when you don’t have a written constitution.

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

:cornette_dog:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I take it that's a yes.

Thanks. Tells me what I need to know about the value of your opinions.

Likewise. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Just a little reminder that FA couldn't even be bothered to vote.

I didn't realise that. It makes perfect sense. 

Wetherspoons to slash price of a pint by 20p to show what freedom of choice we will have outside of EU.

This is the crap our public buy into.

49 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

This has been sent out by the Tory press office to journalists. What did the EU say about not wasting this time?

:cornette:

Thats not real surely? Is it?

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Wetherspoons to slash price of a pint by 20p to show what freedom of choice we will have outside of EU.

It is. I’m heading there now!!!

Just now, DETTY29 said:

They are able to "slash" the price while we are still in the EU!!

They choose not to pay their staff the living wage!!

The vast majority of the cost of a pint comes from duty which is of course set by Westminster.

Nothing but a publicity stunt from a horrible company.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

The vast majority of the cost of a pint comes from duty which is of course set by Westminster.

I agree.

To be fair their choice of real ales are very good.

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

They have pulled this kind of nonsense before. They previously said that they would be delisting some EU products in favour of UK and non-EU brands. This was of course all bollocks and was just part of their strong arm tactics on buying.

For example they replaced Staropramen with Blue Moon.......slight problem with that as both brands are owned by Molson Coors!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I agree.

To be fair their choice of real ales are very good.

They are very meh. I will try to find a document that tells you how they deal with brewers and how they go about their pricing. Its got nothing to do with supporting small business. They are a terrible company.

Lords pass Benn bill, Royal assent on Monday, apparently.

November election may see haemorrhaging of Tory vote back to Brexit party. BJ may well have pissed on his chips...

Edited by Boris

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Boris said:

November election may see haemorrhaging of Tory vote back to Brexit party. BJ may well of pissed on his chips...

:pleasing:

5 minutes ago, Boris said:

November election may see haemorrhaging of Tory vote back to Brexit party. BJ may well of pissed on his chips...

Playing along very nicely.    Brexit party will take a 10-15% vote share bite out of Johnson's arse around various areas of the country.     Should equate to dozens of lost or not gained seats.     

Labour / LD coalition most probably.    Brexit might disappear down the shitter and all caused by the people most desperate for it.    

:greggy:

3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Stings, doesn't it? But some self awareness would do you a world of good. Try it, get back to us.

The most pompous prick on the board, by a country mile. And that's some going!

10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The more I see the reporting on Johnson is that we have our own Trump.

What an abomination he is.

He's certainly trying to ape him.

How that then translates electorally is anyone's guess.  Pick up the disaffected working class vote (irony alert!) but bank on the traditional Tory vote too? 

So far, at least, our journalists seem to be asking questions and perhaps, unlike in the USA, this has a greater impact.

The way he treated the 21 Tory "rebels" the other day will have a lot of traditional Tories questioning him. IMO.

Its like Flashman has become PM! 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

You didnt vote. You have already admitted this previously.Couldn't even be bothered doing a postal vote. 

OK. It bores even me but I will explain yet again why saying I "didn't bother to vote" was misleading … or a "lie" as Remainers would say.

I was out of the country with my wife, who was and is fairly solidly Leave. Yes she is one of the17.4m thick racists … to think I never knew! I was somewhat reluctantly pro-Remain, as I hate quite a lot of what the EU is about but on balance Remain seemed the lesser of evils. So we decided there was no point in us getting a postal or proxy vote as we would simply cancel each other out.

In the Remainer mind this disqualifies me from expressing an opinion or holding a view. Such is the mindset of those who accuse 17.4m people of being thick. Or racist. Or both.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

OK. It bores even me but I will explain yet again why saying I "didn't bother to vote" was misleading … or a "lie" as Remainers would say.

I was out of the country with my wife, who was and is fairly solidly Leave. Yes she is one of the17.4m thick racists … to think I never knew! I was somewhat reluctantly pro-Remain, as I hate quite a lot of what the EU is about but on balance Remain seemed the lesser of evils. So we decided there was no point in us getting a postal or proxy vote as we would simply cancel each other out.

In the Remainer mind this disqualifies me from expressing an opinion or holding a view. Such is the mindset of those who accuse 17.4m people of being thick. Or racist. Or both.

In the words of the late James Sanderson, if you don't go to the games you can't criticise.

43 minutes ago, Boris said:

Had to edit my shameful well of to well have. 🙄

I will never think of you in the same way again. ;)

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I will never think of you in the same way again. ;)

Agreed! Written like a Brexiteer!!!

(Honestly honestly honestly only joking 🙂 )

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You diminished the weight of legitimacy of the vote by depriving the turnout of 2 votes cast.     

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Nothing wrong with that at all.  My wife and I have done the same thing on the rare occasion when we have favoured different parties in an election.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You diminished the weight of legitimacy of the vote by depriving the turnout of 2 votes cast.     

Really? So I did Remain a favour then. Clever me.

Boris needs to get a deal done by 19-10 which will be agreed at the European Council on 17th that he said he isn't going to.

Askdde how a deal can be done then....

'Power of persuasion.......'

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Really? So I did Remain a favour then. Clever me.

Actually No.

As your votes would have been split 50/50 the overall % difference between Leave and Remain would have been closer. Eg add 10million to each side would have reduced the gap 51.19% to 48.81%

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

I bet you're fun at parties.

25 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Nothing wrong with that at all.  My wife and I have done the same thing on the rare occasion when we have favoured different parties in an election.

Vote but don't tell her

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Are you saying the 17.4m who voted Leave are racist or stupid or both?

What about big Len McCluskey? He is a Leaver a Union man but I wouldn't call him racist. 

6 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

What about big Len McCluskey? He is a Leaver a Union man but I wouldn't call him racist. 

I don't think anyone is saying everyone who voted leave did so because they are racist.

Its like the Francoise/Self set to when Self said he felt most racists voted leave. Francoise went well done gammon at that.

Next GE is a complete toss of a coin. Can see a potential scenario where Tory/Brexit Party form a coalition or a Labour/Lib Dem?

Potentially even a Lab/LD/SNP to ensure a large majority.

Thing is is Brexit Party pick up a lot do they take them from Tory or Labour seats?

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Next GE is a complete toss of a coin. Can see a potential scenario where Tory/Brexit Party form a coalition or a Labour/Lib Dem?

Potentially even a Lab/LD/SNP to ensure a large majority.

Thing is is Brexit Party pick up a lot do they take them from Tory or Labour seats?

My gut feeling is that Johnson's strategy has been to get an early election under the guise of No Deal to steal the Brexit party vote. I think he is banking on getting a workable majority that then allows him to negotiate a deal that he can then whip through parliament with no intention at all of having to preside over a No Deal chaos. A sheep in wolf's clothing.

That's why I think he is quite so desperate now for an election that doesn't call his No Deal bluff.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks for confirming you didn't vote.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )