Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

A 3 Month extension on the cards then. 

Corbyn wants a GE however some of his MPs are shying away from one at the moment just in case Boris moves the goals posts again. 

The answer for for me is very simple. Extend for a period long enough to ask the people do you still want to leave or do you want to stay based on the plethora information swilling around about the benefits or tragedy of leaving or staying in the EU. 

No matter what the outcome then go for a GE so any new government can get on with running the country.

If we vote to stay we should throw our lot in with the EU. Adopt the Euro and embrace Shengen. 

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Corbyn wants a GE however some of his MPs are shying away from one at the moment just in case Boris moves the goals posts again. 

The answer for for me is very simple. Extend for a period long enough to ask the people do you still want to leave or do you want to stay based on the plethora information swilling around about the benefits or tragedy of leaving or staying in the EU. 

No matter what the outcome then go for a GE so any new government can get on with running the country.

If we vote to stay we should throw our lot in with the EU. Adopt the Euro and embrace Shengen. 

Er, no. I personally enjoy how it is at the moment (although it may not be lasting much longer) that we are in the EU without being totally in it.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Exactly what boris wants, still I read this remoaner pish.. even the ducking brexit loonies want a deal, they always did.. what does that tell touch 

Not sure what that means

But the number 1 reason the EU can't agree anything new (not that anything has been proposed) is there are still a load of Tory Brexiteers saying they won't support a deal. Boris doesn't have all the Brexiteers behind him.

He can't deliver a deal through Parliament.  Aside from No Deal which looks like he can't deliver either.

Edited by Mikey1874

36 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Er, no. I personally enjoy how it is at the moment (although it may not be lasting much longer) that we are in the EU without being totally in it.

One thing for sure there will never a  consensus on anything. This is why Brexit is a mess, amongst other things. 

Edited by Dannie Boy
Other

Random post?

I'm watching Victoria what's her face and they're talking about it now. I thought it was scaremongering, but it's true. 

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm watching Victoria what's her face and they're talking about it now. I thought it was scaremongering, but it's true. 

I’m watching sky news. No mention on here. 

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Old news.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/02/12/nhs-stockpiling-body-bags-prepare-no-deal-brexit-reveals-tory-minister-8574311/amp/

The NHS is stockpiling body bags as preparations for a no-deal Brexit continue to ramp up ahead of March 29, according to a Government official.

Health minister Stephen Hammond wrote a letter to a fellow Tory MP revealing that the NHS had taken the measure in a bid to stop shortages, in case the UK crashes out of the EU without a deal.

The macabre information was revealed to reassure one of the MP’s constituents that the NHS will continue to run as normal in the event of no-deal.

the Brexit Plague will kill us all!! 

Brighton Jambo

Well no one can claim politics in boring at the moment.  We are living through the most extraordinary of times that we be talked about for generations.

In a perverse way I am quite enjoying the theatre of it all.

I cant predict what will happen except to say I don't think British politics will revert to the truly two part system we had previously.  I see an outcome far more like the German model appearing when coalitions are far more common.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Drug shortage discussion. 

Dr Jambos post yesterday was very informative re the source of the vast majority of the drugs we use. They generic drugs and are imported from outside the EU according to him. 

My worry is my son has Type 1 diabetes and his insulin comes from the EU. 

Although I doubt they would restrict access to it.

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Dr Jambos post yesterday was very informative re the source of the vast majority of the drugs we use. They generic drugs and are imported from outside the EU according to him. 

For something like the insulin you mention I’d imagine it will be stocked with in the uk prior to this.  There may be a knock on effect on supply if there is chaos with importing, but right now we’ll not know until it happens 

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Your last sentence will lose you a referendum right there

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

The Dr who leaked operation yellow hammer was on it. I'll take his word over Dr Jambo.

The companies are stockpiling and as a consequence folk can't get their meds.

Edited by ri Alban

It's hilarious to see the zealots trying to portray people like Hammond and Grieve as the enemies of the referendum result,    despite them having previously voted for the WA and leaving.     Some of these same zealot headbangers previously voted against the WA.

Latest tactical analysis suggests Johnson may try to bring about an election,   not via the fixed term parliament vote route,   but by using a backbench proxy to call a no confidence motion... in his own government.

:vrface:

He'd still need a 2/3 majority of the house voting for an election, which means Labour get to decide whether to have an election or not.

Cummings has also admitted that the "EU negotiations" are a lie.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's hilarious to see the zealots trying to portray people like Hammond and Grieve as the enemies of the referendum result,    despite them having previously voted for the WA and leaving.     Some of these same zealot headbangers previously voted against the WA.

Amazing that! How were Boris and co not expelled from the Tory party for voting against TM's  Tory government. Hypocrites!

Once we have left on "no deal" terms what is the plan?

What is the deal the no dealers want to achieve? Why do they believe that the UK will be in a stronger position when we are negotiating from a WTO starting point and having to deal with the potential chaos and crises arising from the No Deal starting point? I'm perplexed!

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Grieve, Hammond and Ken Clarke are the real Tories. This lot, as you say are zealots. 

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

He'd still need a 2/3 majority of the house voting for an election, which means Labour get to decide whether to have an election or not.

Cummings has also admitted that the "EU negotiations" are a lie.

Nope.  The 2/3rds majority is via a fixed term parliament act.    A no confidence motion requires only a simple majority.

Edited by Victorian

Just now, Victorian said:

Nope.  The 2/3rds majority is via a fixed term parliament act.    A no confidence motion requires only a simple majority.

Quite correct

more coffee required at this end 👍

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Quite correct

more coffee required at this end 👍

It would still be risky.    If he did that then he risks a cross-bench unity government coming in and no election whatsoever.

29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Dr who leaked operation yellow hammer was on it. I'll take his word over Dr Jambo.

The companies are stockpiling and as a consequence folk can't get their meds.

Jacob Rees Mogg ripped into the good Dr live on air and called him out on his doom mongering.  It was a good exchange and worth listening too.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Labour are in a tricky position but they have to gamble and hope it’s a hung parliament. It’ll be worse if they do nothing. 

Labour wont risk an election unless no deal is prevented or delayed.     An election with no deal being certain means Labour can't win or be largest share party.     Election with a prevented no deal means the Tories can't win.

Jacob Rees Mogg ripped into the good Dr live on air and called him out on his doom mongering.  It was a good exchange and worth listening too.

Will JRM be expelled if Boris does get a deal that they don't like and vote against.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Will JRM be expelled if Boris does get a deal that they don't like and vote against.

Who knows with all those up for expulsion there may not be many left. I wonder if Jeremy will threaten those who vote against whatever he finally makes his mind up on.

The whole thing is a bloody shambles but makes for great entertainment.  

dobmisterdobster
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Shami Chakrabarti called them thugs earlier.

:jjyay:

The woman who allegedly covered up antisemitism in her party.

No matter how bad the Tories are. Corbyn will never be Prime Minister.

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Who knows with all those up for expulsion there may not be many left. I wonder if Jeremy will threaten those who vote against whatever he finally makes his mind up on.

The whole thing is a bloody shambles but makes for great entertainment.  

Labour have a cheek. They expelled Alistair Campbell for voting Libdem at the EU elections. :D

Nuthoose!

Edited by ri Alban

5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

True Brit JRM will  be fine with his millions upon millions stashed abroad.

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Labour wont risk an election unless no deal is prevented or delayed.     An election with no deal being certain means Labour can't win or be largest share party.     Election with a prevented no deal means the Tories can't win.

How? 

Just now, DETTY29 said:

True Brit JRM will  be fine with his millions upon millions stashed abroad.

To be honest I’m the same as JRM but certainly not millions. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

How? 

Because the Brexit Party will contest every seat against the Tories.    They'll take enough vote share in enough seats to significanly reduce the number of seats won by the Tories.     Brexit Party wont win many,   if any at all,   but their vote share will seriously damage the Tories vs Labour and LD in 50-100 seats.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Stockpiling body bags. WTF!!!

Actually that slimy Shitehawk gove was meant to be updating the operation yellow hammer briefing but it's been pulled. Apparently the review came out worse than the original forecasts. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

You're right, a majority Tory Government would just overturn everything.

No, for a GE..

If Labour force a GE by stopping No deal, they may get annihilated.

But if they do nothing... they’ll get annihilated. 

The only way I can see a hung parliament and change of Government, is if the Brexit Party run against the Tories.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Because the Brexit Party will contest every seat against the Tories.    They'll take enough vote share in enough seats to significanly reduce the number of seats won by the Tories.     Brexit Party wont win many,   if any at all,   but their vote share will seriously damage the Tories vs Labour and LD in 50-100 seats.

Yeah, I’ve got you now. Agree, said the same thing to ri Alban.

Boris will campaign on a no deal exit and secure a landslide. They will impose their will over this whole place with no one left to oppose them. Labour are finished and the Libdems are patsies.

Thank feck for the SNP!

It's amazing though.    Farage and his army of gammons may turn out to be very useful idiots after all.     The FPTP voting system,   so often found to be harmful to democracy,   may end up facilitating a democratic rebellion against a political coup.

Brighton Jambo

An interesting piece on the BBC saying that in reality if BJ was determined to do he could force through no deal despite the new legislation and without breaking the law.

Frankly if he wants it to happen it will happen and there is no true mechanism to stop him.

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Actually that slimy Shitehawk gove was meant to be updating the operation yellow hammer briefing but it's been pulled. Apparently the review came out worse than the original forecasts. 

I watched him on Marr. Scum!

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

🇬🇧👍🤣

My wife and I bought an apartment in Tenerife back in March and I’ve enough money in the BancaMarch to cover the next 3-4 years of bills and taxes etc 

We are of tomorrow for a month the back again for November/December. 

I will be watching this shambles career on with interest from the bottom of a beer glass whilst sunning myself from the beach or the pool. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )