• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dobmisterdobster
38 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

General Election to be called by Johnson is more real now however will the Labour Party and the opposing parties endorse it, if not what next for this Government or indeed the Parliament. It’s not even a Mexican Stand off in fact I’ve no idea how you would describe this situation other than shambolic.

I can't think of why Labour wouldn't want an election.

It's a mystery.

7 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

If no Deal is taken of the table the EU will continue to stick. The only deal we will get is the one we don’t want. 

Now whether or not you believe Johnson wants to leave without one the fact you remove the availability of a hard ball threat is in itself suicidal. 

I want to remain and I hope we do but watching this lot in Parliament  in action 

is laughable lots of intelligence but no common sense.

The other observation from tonight is the sheer discourteousness of MPs in the chamber continually talking when someone has the floor. Is it deliberate who knows but it’s totally disrespectful especially to the likes of me who are hoping that they are listening just in case there is epiphany moment (one can only hope🤪)

But the hard ball threat harms the UK far, far, far, more than the EU. It is self harm and doesn't have credibility as a negotiating position.

3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

It's a mystery.

No realistic coalition that would create a majority (other than possibly Labour, Lib Dem, Green and SNP, but that ain’t happening).

Brighton Jambo

If no deal is removed then there is also no incentive for the other parties to vote for any deal that is available.  And so round and round we go. 

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

No realistic coalition that would create a majority (other than possibly Labour, Lib Dem, Green and SNP, but that ain’t happening).

Tory, Brexit party and DUP would be very close.  

dobmisterdobster

10pt lead = comfortable majority territory under FPTP.

9 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

It's a mystery.

Labour was 20% behind in 2017. Finished just 2% short.

Just now, dobmisterdobster said:

10pt lead = comfortable majority territory under FPTP.

I always thought you required at least 50% for a majority?  I’m going back to school...

2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

But the hard ball threat harms the UK far, far, far, more than the EU. It is self harm and doesn't have credibility as a negotiating position.

That’s arguable.

You may never have any intention of using it but the other side need to be aware it’s there.  Take it away and your severely weakened. You should never weaken your hand in a negotiation. 

dobmisterdobster
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

People keep under-estimating Jeremy Corbyn Labour, imo

He already lost to a Theresa May campaign which proposed taking houses off old people and bringing back fox hunting.

Just now, RobboM said:

SNP wiped out????

Difficult to track SNP in UK-wide polls. I think they will gain a few seats.

dobmisterdobster

I always thought you required at least 50% for a majority?  I’m going back to school...

50% of the MPs not the vote.

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

That’s arguable.

You may never have any intention of using it but the other side need to be aware it’s there.  Take it away and your severely weakened. You should never weaken your hand in a negotiation. 

Have the EU threatened No Deal? Has it weakened their position?

1 minute ago, RobboM said:

Have the EU threatened No Deal? Has it weakened their position?

They've said take the deal on offer as there’s no other deal on offer. Take it or leave it. Take the deal or have no deal. 

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

however what? what do you mean

Hands control to Govt opponents 

Govt doesn't have the 2 thirds votes

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

GE motion tabled by Boris.

If legislation passes tomorrow.

Running out of time though with stopping Parliament.

Might need to wait a while. 

Edited by Mikey1874

5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

They've said take the deal on offer as there’s no other deal on offer. Take it or leave it. Take the deal or have no deal. 

But that is ONLY in relaiton to the red lines on offer. Change the red lines you get another deal as the EU's relationship with Switzerland, Norway, Canada, Rest of the World demonstrates.

Edited by RobboM

dobmisterdobster
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Boris knows fine well he doesn't have anywhere near enough votes for a FTPA vote.

Labour get to pick and choose when to trigger a GE

I don't expect Turkeys to vote for Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

GE incoming 

Not until no deal brexit is sorted out.He can call an election , the house is suspended and he then changes the election date ,no-one is falling for that.he won't get a two thirds majority for an election 

1 minute ago, systemx said:

Not until no deal brexit is sorted out.He can call an election , the house is suspended and he then changes the election date ,no-one is falling for that.he won't get a two thirds majority for an election 

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, systemx said:

The key concern is to stop No Deal.

But if No Deal is happening then the government should take responsibility for the effects not have 5 years free without consequence. Election afterwards. 

4 minutes ago, systemx said:

I don’t believe he can Change the election date once he’s declared one. 

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Will Boris REALLY fire 25 of his own MP's, many of whom have been in the party for decades and served as cabinet ministers?

He’d be rather silly to do so, like Clarke and Grieve, there’s millions of Remainer Tories out there who may now vote Lib Dem if that is the way he’s willing to treat those guys.

dobmisterdobster
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

He’d be rather silly to do so, like Clarke and Grieve, there’s millions of Remainer Tories out there who may now vote Lib Dem if that is the way he’s willing to treat those guys.

If they want to be closet Lib Dems then they can run on a Lib Dem ticket.

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

I don’t believe he can Change the election date once he’s declared one. 

He can.

And would.

And everybody knows it.

Nobody in Parliament trusts the toad.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

He can.

And would.

And everybody knows it.

Nobody in Parliament trusts the toad.

No he can’t as stated on tv this morning. 

Andrea Loathsome says the rebels will get another chance tomorrow to vote against the Bill 

So, no firings then.

:gok:

Boris can't even bluff his own party rebels for more than a few hours.

What could make this better is a positive outcome from the cases heard by the courts.     Another front in the battle to stop the gangster government.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )