Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

Why are folk getting pleasure out of RN struggling?

Grow up ffs.

Yep it's all a bit weird. Not like he went to Rangers.

Robbie's hope, long before he came back to Hearts, was to manage in England.

Best of luck to him.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Christ I posted whatever news stories and documents there were for folk to make up their own minds! Do your own ******* research.

again not true - you posted it as evidence to us having a similar budget to st Johnstone (twice)

no need to do the research - you provided the evidence - you must admit it was a bit of a bungle

Hearts had something like 13,000 season ticket holders in Neilson's first season! To compare the 2 is ludicrous but anyway I'm not getting into another spat about the Robster. He gets huge credit continually for the excellent Championship season which went better than anyone dared to think it would. After that meh, nothing of note, finished where he should have in 3rd in a very weak SPL, lost every big cup game we played and jumped before he was pushed. In my view to put him anywhere near Doddie is absurd and as I've continually pointed out Neilson has already managed the biggest club he ever will, in Hearts.

As did Doddie. But anyhow, we are talking about their respective first two full seasons not their entire time at Hearts. You know that right?

again not true - you posted it as evidence to us having a similar budget to st Johnstone (twice)

no need to do the research - you provided the evidence - you must admit it was a bit of a bungle

No idea what you're on about.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Romped the Championship by 21 points when it was supposed to be "the hardest Championship season ever".

Finished 3rd in the first year back in the Premiership.

Left us in december, sitting 2nd in the league.

fHHI4VN.gif

loast tae hibz but no

hibs and rangers in disarray - check their results against Dumbarton raith rovers Alloa Cowdenbeath for starters

youngsters already blooded by Locke and proven premiership standard

provided with gilt-edged players like gomis buaben Alexander etc

spoon fed by levein

finished above st Johnstone and Ross county

4th once the games in hand were played

still loast to hibs tho

and folk were touting him for the premiership

:lol:

hibs and rangers in disarray - check their results against Dumbarton raith rovers Alloa Cowdenbeath for starters

spoon fed by levein

still loast to hibs tho

Is there a reason you are so intent on talking down your own club so much. I mean I can understand people defending Hearts - that's what supporters do. But why go to all this effort to play down an achievement though when we rarely win anything?

Reality is that regardless of personal feelings we should want Neilson, or any other player/manager who leaves for England, to be a success. In turn it boosts the status of our own club (including financially when others come calling).

If people flop, it only fuels the notion of Scottish football being Mickey mouse/it's easy to succeed here etc.

This in spades.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Is there a reason you are so intent on talking down your own club so much. I mean I can understand people defending Hearts - that's what supporters do. But why go to all this effort to play down an achievement though when we rarely win anything?

your perception

plenty instances of me giving Robbie credit, defending sammon, defending levein, hoping Cathro would come good etc etc etc - you've either missed them or chosen to ignore

anyway I'll be at Hamilton on Saturday not bringing down my club - will u?

your perception

plenty instances of me giving Robbie credit, defending sammon, defending levein, hoping Cathro would come good etc etc etc - you've either missed them or chosen to ignore

anyway I'll be at Hamilton on Saturday not bringing down my club - will u?

I asked why you're talking down the championship win.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

I asked why you're talking down the championship win.

your perception

it could be debated (as has in fact been) that I have put some context around our championship win

one question for you yes or no should suffice - did rangers perform to expectations would you say?

disclaimer Robbie did brilliant to be part of the team which won promotion at the first attempt as champions

He gets tons of credit for the championship season. But his SPL time was a bit dull. In a season and a half he's lucky if he had three games that weren't humdrum.

We were pretty consistent at home, away from home is probably where the humdrum feeling came from. I don't think things were boring as you make out. We'd be glad to have that consistency back though.

Highlights of first season in the spl; 4-3 opening day win against St Johnstone, 5 game unbeaten start, 4-0 at Partick, 2-2 at home to Celtic, 6-0 win against Motherwell at home, 1-0 scottish cup game against Aberdeen. Only 3 home league defeats.

Things did change when Sow left and the Hivs defeat. We'd lost 4/24 (16%) before that and after it we lost 6/14 (42%).

your perception

it could be debated (as has in fact been) that I have put some context around our championship win

one question for you yes or no should suffice - did rangers perform to expectations would you say?

disclaimer Robbie did brilliant to be part of the team which won promotion at the first attempt as champions

Yes, I put a ?50 bet on us to win the league. Doesn't mean winning it the way we did with a first time manager and a fraction of the budget wasn't a great achievement.

Doesn't mean it wasn't the hardest championship in recent memory.

Did we also just win the cup because Hibs were shite, because they were really, really shite? Would love to hear you play down that win too.

Bridge of Djoum

Famous Neilson half time team talk sees MK concede twice in opening ten of second half.

Being found out quickly is our Robbie.

Aye? You know what was said at half time?

Please, enlighten us.

Bridge of Djoum

Didn't the MK Dons owner say Neilson was the best young manager in Britain :lol:

Neilson being found out big time.

Why does that make you happy?

Cannot understand people's resentment of RN at all. He wasn't the best, we can all agree on that. Openly taking pleasure in someone struggling though, that's just pathetic.

Bridge of Djoum

spoon fed by levein

still loast to hibs tho

Easily the worst comment so far.

Bravo!

Didn't the MK Dons owner say Neilson was the best young manager in Britain :lol:

Neilson being found out big time.

Let's hope he can turn things around

Bridge of Djoum

all true tho

Sorry

Very selective slant though.

Not sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Yes, I put a ?50 bet on us to win the league. Doesn't mean winning it the way we did with a first time manager and a fraction of the budget wasn't a great achievement.

Doesn't mean it wasn't the hardest championship in recent memory.

Did we also just win the cup because Hibs were shite, because they were really, really shite? Would love to hear you play down that win too.

neilson would have lost to them no doubt

imagine Robbie's team talk before that game ..

"just another game lads, if we lose this one, no bother a victory against gala fairydean in the upcoming post season friendly will put that right again"

so did Rangers perform to expectations it wasn't clear (to me) from your reply?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Very selective slant though.

Not sorry.

as was the original post I replied to

People do remember we had literally just come out of administration when Robbie took over?

The club wasn't just in a bad way the life support machine had been turned off.

Most people were just happy we survived at that point. Robbie went on to win the league for us. One of the greatest achievements in our history given our predicament.

I wish him well and he is welcome back to Tynecastle any time.

People do remember we had literally just come out of administration when Robbie took over?

Most people were just happy we survived at that point. Robbie went on to win the league for us. One of the greatest achievements in our history given our predicament.

Absolutely spot on. Promotion was an outstanding achievement in the context in which it was delivered

I can't wish RN anything other than good luck in his future endeavours

Some of the stuff scribed on here about him exceeds hysteria

"Oh ho ho, MK Dons losing, Robbie being found out" the pathetic wee loser said as he wanked himself into a stupor.

We were not in a bad way at all when Robbie took over. We were in the very best shape we had been in for years.

The championship season was superb, but lets not pretend we were in a mess (on or off the pitch) at that point.

neilson would have lost to them no doubt

imagine Robbie's team talk before that game ..

"just another game lads, if we lose this one, no bother a victory against gala fairydean in the upcoming post season friendly will put that right again"

so did Rangers perform to expectations it wasn't clear (to me) from your reply?

I would say that I wasn't totally surprised at how poor der hun were.

All down to Mccoist , it had been obvious for a couple of years ( at a lower level ) that he was miles out of his depth.

A_A wehatethehibs

We were not in a bad way at all when Robbie took over. We were in the very best shape we had been in for years.

The championship season was superb, but lets not pretend we were in a mess (on or off the pitch) at that point.

Of all the pish spouted on jkb, this is right up there.

We only had about 8 or 9 players on the books when Neilson took over, only two of whom has since proved to be good enough at SPFL level Paterson and Walker. If you look at how the careers of mchattie, wilson, holt, mcghee, mackay, robinson, king have gone since subsequently leaving us - they are pish footballers. They were all we had contracted to Hearts when neilson took over, it was probably the most desperate situation our squad has ever been in. 

To build a winning team starting out with only that lot was a footballing miracle. 

That's just nonsense though isn't it

Of all the pish spouted on jkb, this is right up there.

We only had about 8 or 9 players on the books when Neilson took over, only two of whom has since proved to be good enough at SPFL level Paterson and Walker. If you look at how the careers of mchattie, wilson, holt, mcghee, mackay, robinson, king have gone since subsequently leaving us - they are pish footballers. They were all we had contracted to Hearts when neilson took over, it was probably the most desperate situation our squad has ever been in.

To build a winning team starting out with only that lot was a footballing miracle.

We clearly had players lined up to come in, though. So it wasnt quite the situation you are painting.

Bridge of Djoum

We clearly had players lined up to come in, though. So it wasnt quite the situation you are painting.

You're all over the place here. 

Please provide evidence of ''clearly had players lined up''. Otherwise we shall just put this down to pure guess work on your part.

A_A wehatethehibs

I'm not painting any situation, my post was a statement of fact vs your inaccurate pish.

You're all over the place here.

Please provide evidence of ''clearly had players lined up''. Otherwise we shall just put this down to pure guess work on your part.

From memory, Alexander, Gomis, Ozturk, Keatings & El Hass all joined fairly quickly.

I am not "all over the place" here. You believe the club was a complete mess when Robbie took over and he had no help. With a loyal, committed and generous fanbase, an experienced DOF to assist and guide him and a huge number of ST holders, I disagree.

Again, he did a great job in the championship.

Bridge of Djoum

From memory, Alexander, Gomis, Ozturk, Keatings & El Hass all joined fairly quickly.

I am not "all over the place" here. You believe the club was a complete mess when Robbie took over and he had no help. With a loyal, committed and generous fanbase, an experienced DOF to assist and guide him and a huge number of ST holders, I disagree.

Again, he did a great job in the championship.

At no point did I say the club was in a complete mess. Stop making things up.

At no point did I say the club was in a complete mess. Stop making things up.

Apologies, that was someone else.

Robbie did a great job getting us out of the Championship and as others have said after that it was pretty unispired stuff. On a personal note I could not get over us loosing a 2 goal lead against the vermin it really got to me ( yes I know get over it and all that) however I wish Robbie all the best although I think his coat could be oan a shooglie nail if his recent results are anything to go by.

Bazzas right boot

We were a basket case, although a recovering basket case.

Also finished above rangers for the 2nd time in about 30 years.

Keep playing it down tho.

Your desperation to make Robbie look poor and play down his achievements scuttles any genuine gripe you have with him.

All the facts point to a very successful 2.5 years when compared to any other manager in our history.

Your ifs and buts are all nonesense.

We were a basket case, although a recovering basket case.

Also finished above rangers for the 2nd time in about 30 years.

Keep playing it down tho.

Your desperation to make Robbie look poor and play down his achievements scuttles any genuine gripe you have with him.

All the facts point to a very successful 2.5 years when compared to any other manager in our history.

Your ifs and buts are all nonesense.

I am not anti Robbie at all, Tosh. He had a great championship season and I am grateful for that.

People were comparing him to Alex MacDonald, hence why I tried (& clearly failed!!) to highlight the difference in circumstances.

Bazzas right boot

I am not anti Robbie at all, Tosh. He had a great championship season and I am grateful for that.

People were comparing him to Alex MacDonald, hence why I tried (& clearly failed!!) to highlight the difference in circumstances.

People know the differences from now and over 35 years ago. There are many, pros and cons.

The fact is, Robbie had back better first two seasons than Alex.

A fact you are arguing for some unknown reason.

Robbies last ten games. Doesnae make for great reading...

8c8b629d23a1670391d4571c4a697e60.png

To be fair Wigan, Blackburn and Peterborough are all expected to compete for automatic promotion and Swansea are a Premiership team.  Would be interesting to see his results in the next 5 or so league games.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

People know the differences from now and over 35 years ago. There are many, pros and cons.

The fact is, Robbie had back better first two seasons than Alex.

A fact you are arguing for some unknown reason.

what adjustments have you made in respect of the different circumstances fo make the comparison meaningful?

would be interested to see them so we can give your measurement (quoted as a "fact") some credence

Bazzas right boot

what adjustments have you made in respect of the different circumstances fo make the comparison meaningful?

would be interested to see them so we can give your measurement (quoted as a "fact") some credence

You simply can't.

You can try, but it's just a bit silly.

anyway-

Alex had 

finshed third in the 1 division his first season.

he had some very good young players, many that would stay for years. Many how now would leave after 2/3 seasons?

The financial state of the club was terrible, he was rebuilding.

Scottish football had a higher rep back then, the quality was better.

made us steadily better and that is harder to do over the long term, but we are only comparing the first 2.5 years, or I am, I am saying he had a better start, I am not saying he was the better manager for us, that would be a different debate

Robbie

had Rangers and hibs in the championship

was rebuilding, but this could be a positive as well as a negative, thankfully Robbie got it right.

Only here two and half years

The fact is Alex failed to get us promoted above Killie and I forget who else, Morton? and the season after got promoted in 2nd behind St Johnstone.

Robbie got us promoted in first place, then ended up 3rd in the higher league.

Both done nothing in the cups

Alex didn't get us in Europe the second season so cannot compare that result.

Quite simple really, he also left us 2nd, or about when he left halfway through the third season. There isn't even a debate.

Robbie had the better start. No ifs, no buts, no nothing. he had the better start than one of our best managers ever and folk still slated him. Fandigos. absolute fandangos.

Some of the threads on The Concrete Roundabout make interesting reading:  "Too defence minded especially away from home"......on Robbie Muirhead, "can someone explain this player to me"......"me thinks the honeymoon is well and truly over"......"we are shit at the back, crap in midfield and even worse up front, promotion my arse"......and on last night "2-0 was not a fair result it should have been 8 or 9.....something is seriously wrong".

There is little doubt its been a very disappointing start to the season for MK Dons. They were 4th/5th in the betting to win the league and you can currently get them at 7/2 to even finish in the top 6. However they have some very kind fixtures coming up and could easily go up a few places with some victories. Their next 4 are against teams currently below them; Rochdale, Wimbledon, Northampton and Bury and I'm sure Robbie will be looking for at least 3 wins in these. If it goes the other way he's in big trouble as they are likely to be in the relegation zone.

Ironically like Hearts they are the joint lowest scoring team so far with just 4 goals in 7 games. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

You simply can't.

You can try, but it's just a bit silly.

anyway-

Alex had

finshed third in the 1 division his first season.

he had some very good young players, many that would stay for years. Many how now would leave after 2/3 seasons?

The financial state of the club was terrible, he was rebuilding.

Scottish football had a higher rep back then, the quality was better.

made us steadily better and that is harder to do over the long term, but we are only comparing the first 2.5 years, or I am, I am saying he had a better start, I am not saying he was the better manager for us, that would be a different debate

Robbie

had Rangers and hibs in the championship

was rebuilding, but this could be a positive as well as a negative, thankfully Robbie got it right.

Only here two and half years

The fact is Alex failed to get us promoted above Killie and I forget who else, Morton? and the season after got promoted in 2nd behind St Johnstone.

Robbie got us promoted in first place, then ended up 3rd in the higher league.

Both done nothing in the cups

Alex didn't get us in Europe the second season so cannot compare that result.

Quite simple really, he also left us 2nd, or about when he left halfway through the third season. There isn't even a debate.

Robbie had the better start. No ifs, no buts, no nothing. he had the better start than one of our best managers ever and folk still slated him. Fandigos. absolute fandangos.

you should have stopped at "you simply can't"

or what would have been more accurate coming from yourself is "I simply can't" or "I simply don't understand what type of structure, tests and assumptions would be required to make the conclusion I am quoting as fact in any way meaningful"

at least that's the messsge these types of posts from yourself convey

ironic your continued use of the word "nonsense"

you should have stopped at "you simply can't"

or what would have been more accurate coming from yourself is "I simply can't" or "I simply don't understand what type of structure, tests and assumptions would be required to make the conclusion I am quoting as fact in any way meaningful"

at least that's the messsge these types of posts from yourself convey

ironic your continued use of the word "nonsense"

Tosh is unable to rate a manager, player or team beyond results. Circumstances etc do not matter, it is all black and white to him.

Plenty games left for MK to get back in the mix but his squad isn't looking very strong and he had a go at his CBs in the media.

Needs to win his next game imo. They are already 6 or 7 points off the playoffs after 7 games and it could be 10 this weekend if they don't win at v Rochdale this weekend which is quite a bit to catch already.

Needs to stop tinkering with the team and find some consistency imo.

Robbie was great at hearts. But does anyone really care what someone does when they leave hearts ?

Well if someone has done well with us and left on good terms in generally like to see them doing well. Ala Sow, Hartlely, Neilson ect...

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived