Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

scott herbertson

I agree.

Only 2 shots on target first half but the other stats suggest it's all AFC.

AFC have had 2 shots in total , both off target, 52% possession for MK Dons

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MKD 52% possession, 1 corner each, AFC Wimbledon 0 shots on target at half time.

Which stats are you reading to suggest AFC Wimbledon have the upper hand?

Attacks

AFC 26 MK 14

Dangerous attacks

AFC 21 MK 6

Courtesy of Bet365

Bazzas right boot

Attacks

AFC 26 MK 14

Dangerous attacks

AFC 21 MK 6

Courtesy of Bet365

TBF the "dangerous" attacks is alload of pish.

It even shows up a "dangerous attack" if Connor Sammon gets the ball about 2o yards from goal.....or Martin is taking a corner.

Bazzas right boot

I like Robbie!, but it was an open goal....

you still missed, if that joke was a strike- it was worse than what Connor Sammon himself would muster.

TBF the "dangerous" attacks is alload of pish.

It even shows up a "dangerous attack" if Connor Sammon gets the ball about 2o yards from goal.....or Martin is taking a corner.

If Sammon gets the ball 2 yards from goal it's not a dangerous attack either.

you still missed, if that joke was a strike- it was worse than what Connor Sammon himself would muster.

And you are Conor's biggest fan!! And, as you stated on a different thread, once people leave Hearts (Robbie included, your words), you dont care about them. Hmmmmmmmm, you appear to care.

I like Robbie but wont forget about "that game" or his "moneyspinner" comments.

Is Neilson being found out again?

Wait what, he's winning in a derby - aka a big match - away from home and a win will put him two points off the play-off spots.

Probably can be found on the toilet with his trousers at his ankles whilst I type.

I dont get your general hatred of RN he delivered way more than he failed.

He?ll be with MK for a while and i hope he does well.

Bazzas right boot

And you are Conor's biggest fan!! And, as you stated on a different thread, once people leave Hearts (Robbie included, your words), you dont care about them. Hmmmmmmmm, you appear to care.

if someone cam on here and started to slag any number of players that have served 10 years, won a cup and managed us or the likes, I'd like to think I'd put up some kind of defence for them. I am after all a Hearts fan and will defend most , if not all of our players from Bauld, Robbie, Mackay, JC, Berry, Cameron, CL, MacPherson Skacel, Presley through to Robbie and even our own Mr  Sammon.

Just strange that on  Hearts forum that it  required so often.

My defence of Sammon is tongue in cheek - thought that was clear, he is limited, but I am not convinced that we have replaced him with better as per the Stockton thread!

Pretty sure every Hearts manager has had a "that game". And surely the money spinner comment just makes him a bad talker on the telly rather than a bad manager?

Pretty sure every Hearts manager has had a "that game". And surely the money spinner comment just makes him a bad talker on the telly rather than a bad manager?

Yes, but spectacularly missing the feeling of the support. It is quite difficult to forgive that.

Anyway, this has been done to death a million times, and I have nothing to add.

So come on MK Dons....

MacDonald Jardine

Was he not signed by your infallible hero?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes, but spectacularly missing the feeling of the support. It is quite difficult to forgive that.

Anyway, this has been done to death a million times, and I have nothing to add.

So come on MK Dons....

Yes, yes it has been done to death.

C'mon Robbies lads ;)

MacDonald Jardine

Still attacking, even when 2 up away.

Has he been possessed by something else?

Not sure what's the bigger upset tonight.....a Neilson team winning an away derby or Wolfsburg coming from 2 down to draw at Bayern Munich!!

In all seriousness though, as always, credit where it's due, that's a great result for Robbie and will undoubtably buy him time. I suggested a couple of pages back that the run of 4 fixtures were kind and that he'd want to win 3 out of the 4 and so far that's 2 for 2 which helps solidify a better position in the table. I think where they are now (9th) will be about where they finish the season, between 7th and 10th.

Not sure what's the bigger upset tonight.....a Neilson team winning an away derby or Wolfsburg coming from 2 down to draw at Bayern Munich!!

In all seriousness though, as always, credit where it's due, that's a great result for Robbie and will undoubtably buy him time. I suggested a couple of pages back that the run of 4 fixtures were kind and that he'd want to win 3 out of the 4 and so far that's 2 for 2 which helps solidify a better position in the table. I think where they are now (9th) will be about where they finish the season, between 7th and 10th.

"buy him time" It's like you genuinely believe he's always moments away from the sack, when if you actually chart his progress on an actual chart it's pretty much a constant overall upwards trajectory league position wise over more than 3 seasons with 2 teams. His peg has never been anywhere near shoogly.

"buy him time" It's like you genuinely believe he's always moments away from the sack.

He wants him sacked, it'll satisfy him for some reason.

MacDonald Jardine

Give

It

A

Rest

You have to admit it isn't normal, at least for the Neilson teams we watched.

"buy him time" It's like you genuinely believe he's always moments away from the sack.

Oh here she comes! :) once again showing she can't see further than the end of her own nose, twisting whatever is written like the complete fud that she is.

Oh here she comes! :) once again showing she can't see further than the end of her own nose, twisting whatever is written like the complete fud that she is.

What did you mean by "buy him time" then?

Really when?

Oh I don't know, Ibrox away first game in charge off the top of my head. 

"buy him time" It's like you genuinely believe he's always moments away from the sack, when if you actually chart his progress on an actual chart it's pretty much a constant overall upwards trajectory league position wise over more than 3 seasons with 2 teams. His peg has never been anywhere near shoogly.

Showing your ignorance as per. Tonight's result will undoubtably buy him time and grace with the MK owner and supporters. If you actually took the trouble to research and read anything perhaps you'd enhance your insular and unbelievably limited knowledge! MK had a very poor start to the season and there was no doubt the pressure was mounting on him but these last 2 results will have helped ease that and deservedly give him some time to right the start to the season and climb the league. I think there will be 6 better sides than them and ultimately the season will be a disappointment but you, as is your way will probably tell me 7th is upward trajectory or some other complete bullshit. Even though they were 4th/5th favorites to WIN the league before the kick off. Make no mistake no play offs will be a failure for MK Dons this season.

MacDonald Jardine

Oh I don't know, Ibrox away first game in charge off the top of my head.

We were 2-0 up and still attacking?

We scored a very late winner to make it 2-1.

Captain Canada

MK Dons are already punching above their weight. They will probably never be an established Championship side despite having a great stadium.

They have a small fan base which isn't likely to increase dramatically any time soon. If he gets them into the play-offs he'll have done a great job this season.

Showing your ignorance as per. Tonight's result will undoubtably buy him time and grace with the MK owner and supporters. If you actually took the trouble to research and read anything perhaps you'd enhance your insular and unbelievably limited knowledge! MK had a very poor start to the season and there was no doubt the pressure was mounting on him but these last 2 results will have helped ease that and deservedly give him some time to right the start to the season and climb the league. I think there will be 6 better sides than them and ultimately the season will be a disappointment but you, as is your way will probably tell me 7th is upward trajectory or some other complete bullshit. Even though they were 4th/5th favorites to WIN the league before the kick off. Make no mistake no play offs will be a failure for MK Dons this season.

MK Dons were 4th/5th favourites to win the league before the season began?

I'm not buying that at all.

A quick check shows then solidly mid table in the betting, and that is about right..

MK Dons were 4th/5th favourites to win the league before the season began?

I'm not buying that at all.

A quick check shows then solidly mid table in the betting, and that is about right..

Well you'd be entirely wrong. They were mostly joint 4th or 5th favorites with UK based bookies.

SkyBet had them at 5th favorites behind Blackburn, Wigan, Portsmouth and Oxford.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/10965530/sky-bet-league-one-guide-your-201718-season-preview

Well you'd be entirely wrong. They were mostly joint 4th or 5th favorites with UK based bookies.

SkyBet had them at 5th favorites behind Blackburn, Wigan, Portsmouth and Oxford.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/10965530/sky-bet-league-one-guide-your-201718-season-preview

actually they were 6th favourites, bradford were also higher favourites at 9/2, mk dons were 5/1

edit and charlton were also 5/1 from your link

Am I missing something because that link has them at 33-1 and well down the list?

Am I missing something because that link has them at 33-1 and well down the list?

that is their current odds

from the link

MK Dons are also among the favourites to make a promotion push with Sky Bet at odds of 5/1 and will be wanting to better their 12th-place finish from last term.

if someone cam on here and started to slag any number of players that have served 10 years, won a cup and managed us or the likes, I'd like to think I'd put up some kind of defence for them. I am after all a Hearts fan and will defend most , if not all of our players from Bauld, Robbie, Mackay, JC, Berry, Cameron, CL, MacPherson Skacel, Presley through to Robbie and even our own Mr  Sammon.

Just strange that on  Hearts forum that it  required so often.

My defence of Sammon is tongue in cheek - thought that was clear, he is limited, but I am not convinced that we have replaced him with better as per the Stockton thread!

He was outstanding on Tuesday night against Rangers.

It's September.

I know that.

It was actually August when someone started this thread about Robbie getting punted.

The one scenario is as ridiculous as the other this early in the season.

Time the thread title was changed.

Neilson's team heading to the

Championship ?

Seems nearer the mark.

Aye, only, what, another 7 months of the season to go?

You're some slaister likes.

I'm not ashamed of being utterly ignorant of the third tier of a foreign league!

Only someone being deliberately trolly though wouldn't admit that Robbie's stats as a coach are good. I'm judging him on where he is now not some fantasy of where he might end up. As of now he's put his team in a strong position to het to the playoffs.

Is Neilson a great manager? No. Very few are over their whole careers. Is he above average for rookies? I'd say yes, especially if he can improve his cup record.

The facts are the guy so far has done what was required in each season and overachieved in his first two. He had us in the mix for 2nd/3rd when he left which was on track.

At MK his job initially was to end a slide and get them out of danger. He arguably overachieved. I'm not as big a league one fan as you but i assume his target this year is playoffs. On. Track. Again.

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived