Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...a bit disco

Nicest thing anyone's ever said about you. B)

:seething:  &  :seething:

...a bit disco

It's cool. You are still welcome to drink Cava with me and the squad mate. :thumbsup:

Can bring my own mate?

41Q%2BW4l3K9L._SX385_.jpg

61Jr72Hx4yL._SY445_.jpg

Bazzas right boot

There can be absolutely no doubt that CL (& Alex MacDonald, who you also regularly quote as being a poorer manager) was a better manager of HMFC than Robbie. No doubt.

That isn't putting Robbie down, just being truthful.

However Robbie had a better first season than doddie.

Promotion over non promotion, actually a third place finish if I remember.

By that he also had s better 2nd season.

Robbie had a better first season in the top league than cl 5th v 3rd

Both cl and doddie managed longer so it is unfair to compare to Robbie, it's harder to maintain consistency over a longer period.

However, Robbie had a better first 2 seasons than cl or doddie.would he have been able to maintain that level, no one, no one knows.

That is a Fact ( even if you compare the first season of cl in the top flight v Robbie's).

It doesn't detract from cl or doddie but it's a fact that cannot be argued. The league tables show that.

Arguing a fact like that just shows it was either personal or because hibs won the sc that you don't/didn't like Robbie.

A fact in black in white states Robbie had a better start than cl, who over 80% support just now and doddie who was one of our best managers in our history.

Anyway, back on topic. He's in a rut and needs wins or he'll be back up here.

Can I join the party?

Yes. As long as you are able to invent an online persona where you pretend to be some kind of TK Marquess or Earl of Matalan. :D

Bazzas right boot

Yes. As long as you are able to invent an online persona where you pretend to be some kind of TK Marquess or Earl of Matalan. :D

What about a prince of poundstretcher?

Bridge of Djoum

What about a prince of poundstretcher?

Hey come on now, lads. His ''umpteen'' groupies will be gunning for you now.

Laird of Lidl?

Both cl and doddie managed longer so it is unfair to compare to Robbie, it's harder to maintain consistency over a longer period.

However, Robbie had a better first 2 seasons than cl or doddie.would he have been able to maintain that level, no one, no one knows.

That is a Fact ( even if you compare the first season of cl in the top flight v Robbie's).

It doesn't detract from cl or doddie but it's a fact that cannot be argued. The league tables show that.

Arguing a fact like that just shows it was either personal or because hibs won the sc that you don't/didn't like Robbie.

A fact in black in white states Robbie had a better start than cl, who over 80% support just now and doddie who was one of our best managers in our history.

This is just getting silly now Tosh

You have to take into account where the club was at the respective times. You cannot just look at points totals. But you (should, anyway) know that.

Bazzas right boot

You have to take into account where the club was at the respective times. You cannot just look at points totals. But you (should, anyway) know that.

Lots of factors to be considered.

But the league table cannot be argued with.

I have always liked Robbie (one of only three Hearts players that I have spoken to in person) and look out for his results.

I fear for him this season, 0-1, 1-0, 0-1, 1-4, 1-1 & 1-0.

From afar, it's all sounding pretty turgid stuff.

Robbie is one of the most successful Hearts players and managers of all time. I love the guy.

As for the Phoodle chat. You might have season tickets, you might go to every away game, you might have Hearts tattoos, you might be able to name every Hearts starting 11 of all time but if you are into planes and Phoodles you're not a Hearts fan in my book.

Voice of reason

I have always liked Robbie (one of only three Hearts players that I have spoken to in person) and look out for his results.

I fear for him this season, 0-1, 1-0, 0-1, 1-4, 1-1 & 1-0.

From afar, it's all sounding pretty turgid stuff.

Correct - it sounds like the football is far from entertaining. Eventually, fans will stop going even if the results are on a par with expectations. So MK Dons are 15th in a league of 24. Is that what you'd expect given their small crowds and, presumably, smaller wage bill than many others in the division? I honestly don't know if that's par for the course or not. Anyway, best wishes to Robbie and Osman in all they do. They did Hearts proud when here.

letsalldothebeattie

Not the ideal start he would have hoped for but it's not the worst start either. Sitting 15th in a tough league at this stage of the season when a couple wins will put him up towards the play off places. I always look for the results on a Saturday to see how they've done. Still think he will make a success of it with them and down south in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbie is one of the most successful Hearts players and managers of all time. I love the guy.

As for the Phoodle chat. You might have season tickets, you might go to every away game, you might have Hearts tattoos, you might be able to name every Hearts starting 11 of all time but if you are into planes and Phoodles you're not a Hearts fan in my book.

Correct.

Bridge of Djoum

Robbie Neilson.

Hearts captain....check.

Managed the Hearts... check

Silverware as a player...check

Silverware as a manager...check

Folk abusing him for losing to Hibs...Arseholes

Folk calling him phoodle... Arseholes

Folk hiring planes...Arseholes.

It's really rather simple.

Robbie Neilson.

Hearts captain....check.

Phoodle and the planes I'll give you. But the loss to H1b5 in the cup was unforgivable.

Bridge of Djoum

Phoodle and the planes I'll give you. But the loss to H1b5 in the cup was unforgivable.

Folk holding on to history, it's interesting.

They refuse to hold on to the history of..

That tackle

That European goal

That cup final penalty

That Scottish Cup

That 1st Division title

That player who, while unspectacular, gave his all in every game for Hearts.

I think ''unforgivable'' is spent. He's given us far more good than bad.

Folk holding on to history, it's interesting.

They refuse to hold on to the history of..

That tackle

That European goal

That cup final penalty

That Scottish Cup

That 1st Division title

That player who, while unspectacular, gave his all in every game for Hearts.

I think ''unforgivable'' is spent. He's given us far more good than bad.

I might be overreacting but that cup defeat to H1b5 still annoys me to this day. We should never ever have let that tie slip and Neilson was 100% to blame. I am grateful for all he done at Hearts but I can't change the way I feel about that defeat.

Bridge of Djoum

I might be overreacting but that cup defeat to H1b5 still annoys me to this day. We should never ever have let that tie slip and Neilson was 100% to blame. I am grateful for all he done at Hearts but I can't change the way I feel about that defeat.

Totally get where you're coming from mate. Annoys the **** out of me too. It's too simplistic to blame RN for the entire fiasco though. Aye we let a great lead slip, were outplayed in the replay and his choice of words, (money spinner) was galling, but you just cannot vilify the guy to the extent that he has been. The players let him down badly, especially in the replay.

Let it annoy you, aye, but don't let it cloud your judgement of a man that was a fantastic and successful player and manager.

Robbie Neilson.

Hearts captain....check.

:spoton:

Neilson has done more for this club as both a player and a manager than some Hearts alumni that are pretty much revered by some on here. No-marks like Ian Black get more respect on this forum than Neilson ffs. It's simply not on. Besides 5-1, Robbie's been involved in every single high point for Hearts in my lifetime. He's given us almost 12 years. 

I don't carewhat he does now, as long as he's happy. He deserves to be.

Anybody who thinks ill of the man is -positively and unequivocally- a total ****ing weapon of the highest order. It's that simple.

Bazzas right boot

Robbie was great at hearts. But does anyone really care what someone does when they leave hearts ?

Nah, interest in Paterson tho, 15% sell on fee.

This thread gets bumped by the Robbie haters when he loses s game. Some have an unhealthy and strange agenda against him.

Thread once again full of people saying they don't care about the thread.

I agree it's petty. But when people seem to take delight in him failing I can't but help defend him. Equally petty but that's me.

If you're talking about the game when we were 2-0 up at half time then I didn't even blame him in the first place.

The replay is another story. That was horrific.

But in that first game we lost Buaben after 10 minutes to injury. He was playing well for us at that point but more so it cost us a sub.

We then lost Ozturk to injury after 50 minutes. Again he was playing well and Hibs were getting nothing from our defence until he went off. Juwon being the only replacement it meant McGhee and Augustyn as our centre half pairing. Disaster waiting to happen especially with McGhee. Sure enough he left Cummings with a free header for the first Hibs goal.

By that point Pallardo and Djoum had both suffered injuries and we had nobody left but Walker to sub on who was only just back from injury himself.

This left us with no midfielders who could do any running and Hibs were given full licence to run at our defence and we had nobody fit to protect them.

Hibs scored the equaliser and that was that. Very little Neilson could do about it. The entire midfield and our captain broke down injured and we didn't have enough subs or the quality players to cover.

If you're talking about the game when we were 2-0 up at half time then I didn't even blame him in the first place.

The replay is another story. That was horrific.

But in that first game we lost Buaben after 10 minutes to injury. He was playing well for us at that point but more so it cost us a sub.

We then lost Ozturk to injury after 50 minutes. Again he was playing well and Hibs were getting nothing from our defence until he went off. Juwon being the only replacement it meant McGhee and Augustyn as our centre half pairing. Disaster waiting to happen especially with McGhee. Sure enough he left Cummings with a free header for the first Hibs goal.

By that point Pallardo and Djoum had both suffered injuries and we had nobody left but Walker to sub on who was only just back from injury himself.

This left us with no midfielders who could do any running and Hibs were given full licence to run at our defence and we had nobody fit to protect them.

Hibs scored the equaliser and that was that. Very little Neilson could do about it. The entire midfield and our captain broke down injured and we didn't have enough subs or the quality players to cover.

All that and losing our best player just before the game. But factors like this mean nothing to people with a weird, creepy axe to grind against the guy.

The replay was massively disappointing but defeat under Cathro was much worse. Unless Neilson was in charge of the teams Hibs played next in the cup that season though it's ridiculous to claim he was won the cup for Hibs.

Bazzas right boot

I agree it's petty. But when people seem to take delight in him failing I can't but help defend him. Equally petty but that's me.

Nah, defending good servants of Hearts is never petty. It should be a given for Hearts fans.

If folk started a thread slagging Doddie, JJ or players who gave us good service, I'd like to think most Hearts fans would defend  them.

10 years a player, cup winner and two good seasons as a manager where he promoted us over Rangers and hibs. The guy shouldn't need to be defended on a Hearts forum, reflects more on the posters than Robbie.

I've no problem with that -- I like Robbie and hope he does well, even at a noxious club, and I like seeing news about him. But having one thread following his ongoing career seems too much for some people -- there has to be a constant relitigation of his time at Hearts and people with even more time and fewer hobbies than me feel the need to come in and demand why they should care.

Using the nickname "phoodle" at least outs the morons on the board -- there's not much you can do to insult them beyond the level they embarrass themselves at simply by writing that infantile stuff.

Nah, defending good servants of Hearts is never petty. It should be a given for Hearts fans.

If folk started a thread slagging Doddie, JJ or players who gave us good service, I'd like to think most Hearts fans would defend  them.

10 years a player, cup winner and two good seasons as a manager where he promoted us over Rangers and hibs. The guy shouldn't need to be defended on a Hearts forum, reflects more on the posters than Robbie.

It's also strange that when keeping track of what former players and managers are up to is incredibly common, especially on this forum, somehow we can't see how Neilson does. A guy like Tony Watt was here 10 minutes and gets multiple threads updating us about what he's doing and we can't keep tabs on someone who has been a genuinely great servant to Hearts. It really is strange the hate-on some have for Neilson, and Levein for that matter (although they've gone quiet on him). Personally I think Neilson is someone we should be keeping tabs on partly as he could make a great manager for us again. We do have a habit of attracting our better former players and coaches back.

It's also strange that when keeping track of what former players and managers are up to is incredibly common, especially on this forum, somehow we can't see how Neilson does. A guy like Tony Watt was here 10 minutes and gets multiple threads updating us about what he's doing and we can't keep tabs on someone who has been a genuinely great servant to Hearts. It really is strange the hate-on some have for Neilson, and Levein for that matter (although they've gone quiet on him). Personally I think Neilson is someone we should be keeping tabs on partly as he could make a great manager for us again. We do have a habit of attracting our better former players and coaches back.

It's just a few making a lot of noise. Its common in all walks of life.

Nah, interest in Paterson tho, 15% sell on fee.

This thread gets bumped by the Robbie haters when he loses s game. Some have an unhealthy and strange agenda against him.

Tosh, YOURE the poster who mentions Robbie the most, by a mile!! Including, I am sure, when CL was appointed and we were treated to a "the dream team will soon be reunited " classic.

I am no hater but am glad he left. Whoever described Robbie as "a great Hearts manager" was way, way off. He was generally good but nowhere near great.

Tosh, YOURE the poster who mentions Robbie the most, by a mile!! Including, I am sure, when CL was appointed and we were treated to a "the dream team will soon be reunited " classic.

I am no hater but am glad he left. Whoever described Robbie as "a great Hearts manager" was way, way off. He was generally good but nowhere near great.

Compared to some of the muppets we've had in charge over the last 10 years or so, he was great in that the title, 3rd and leaving us in 2nd/3rd were great achievements. Even more so when compared with what followed. Was he "a Hearts great" or legend as a manager? No. We have very, very few of those though to be fair. In my lifetime, only JJ and Doddie deserve that accolade for what they did for us.

Neilson certainly deserves to be called a promising young manager in the game, and one we should keep an eye on for a possible return if he keeps developing.

Out of interest whey did you want a guy who got us a title, 3rd and had us in the mix for 2nd to leave? Does it really come down to one cup result! Fact is, Robbie had plenty of results like Saturday where we created loads of chances and couldn't put them away and either drew or lost unluckily. HIs win rate speaks for itself though, even discounting the Championship season (which there's no reason we should).

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived