Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did neilson touch you inappropriately? You're very bitter towards him.

He is at his level.no higher for him.Be  very surprised if he is a success down there.

Shame, was hoping he'd get punted and come back home.

Would be great to see him back at the end of Levein's contract. The dream team back together again - I miss never being lower than 1st to 3rd in the league and all the goals we scored. I think he'll be in the Championship with someone by then though.

Big Slim Stylee

Not sure what's the bigger upset tonight.....a Neilson team winning an away derby or Wolfsburg coming from 2 down to draw at Bayern Munich!!

In all seriousness though, as always, credit where it's due, that's a great result for Robbie and will undoubtably buy him time. I suggested a couple of pages back that the run of 4 fixtures were kind and that he'd want to win 3 out of the 4 and so far that's 2 for 2 which helps solidify a better position in the table. I think where they are now (9th) will be about where they finish the season, between 7th and 10th.

He's taken 10 out of 15 over the last five games which is probably play-off form, but as you say some kind fixtures.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

If Sammon gets the ball 2 yards from goal it's not a dangerous attack either.

He actually seems to be alright when not wearing maroon. Just not got the mentality for a big team

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Love the fact that some muppets want Neilson to fail to justify there opinions about him at Hearts. I really don't care. He's no Mourinho but good luck to him.

I despise the franchise but it was a great win for Neilson. The owners have big plans for the club but it is a really difficult league to get out of. I don't think they'll give him more than another season and if he doesn't at least show progress and challenge for the play offs this time round then they'll probably empty him.

I despise the franchise but it was a great win for Neilson. The owners have big plans for the club but it is a really difficult league to get out of. I don't think they'll give him more than another season and if he doesn't at least show progress and challenge for the play offs this time round then they'll probably empty him.

In other words he's got until his contract is up.

That seems fair enough as if he succeeds and get gets them to the Championship they will be struggling to keep him.

queensferryjambo

Not one of MK Dons results this season haven't been predictable. All the teams who have beaten them are more than likely the teams challenging to be promoted. 

MK Dons will end up mid table and would be having an incredibly good season if they challenged to even get into the play off spots. 

Not sure why people on this forum get so heated when it comes to Robbie Neilson. He done a great job at Hearts and is doing a good job at MK Dons so good on him.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Not one of MK Dons results this season haven't been predictable. All the teams who have beaten them are more than likely the teams challenging to be promoted. 

MK Dons will end up mid table and would be having an incredibly good season if they challenged to even get into the play off spots. 

Not sure why people on this forum get so heated when it comes to Robbie Neilson. He done a great job at Hearts and is doing a good job at MK Dons so good on him.

That all sounds sensible mid-table, incredible if he challenged for promotion etc

what if he's got a top 6 budget? Does that change any of your sentiments? any inkling as to what budget he has?

queensferryjambo

what if he's got a top 6 budget? Does that change any of your sentiments? any inkling as to what budget he has?

Well obviously if he had a top 6 budget of course it would change but I would think it highly unlikely MK Dons have a top 6 budget to be honest. 

I might not have the time to research and check EFL 1 teams budgets but the bookies certainly do and it is very much in their interests to do so. A quick check on a few bookies web sites MK Dons were ranked between 11th and 13th in the league prior to the season start and that hasn't changed as the season went on. 

I would also think if MK Dons were throwing top 6 cash about they would be touted as top 6 hopefuls in the media and clearly they are not.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Well obviously if he had a top 6 budget of course it would change but I would think it highly unlikely MK Dons have a top 6 budget to be honest.

I might not have the time to research and check EFL 1 teams budgets but the bookies certainly do and it is very much in their interests to do so. A quick check on a few bookies web sites MK Dons were ranked between 11th and 13th in the league prior to the season start and that hasn't changed as the season went on.

I would also think if MK Dons were throwing top 6 cash about they would be touted as top 6 hopefuls in the media and clearly they are not.

would be interested to see these odds prior to the season starting if that's a good indicator for budgets

why would it be highly unlikely that they had a top 6 budget? aren't they a so-called ambitious club only 1 season out the league above?

Near the end of a seven game month he's sitting on P6 W3 D2 L1. Eleven points from eighteen, that's not bad work.

Straight from the Levein school - make your team hard to beat then push on from there. It?s the push on bit Robbie needs to master now but if MK are secure in the middle of the table and in touch with the play off spots after xmas be interesting to see if he can get them into the mix for promotion.

When he took over they were in Danger of going down again. He kept them comfortably up. This season looks like At this early stage like they will be mid-table. That is progress.

The question is..... is that enough?

Personally I think it will be but next season they will be expected to kick on. They seem to have an owner who wants success but at the same time knows that unless you throw silly money at things it can take time.

less shoogly surely?

I was being ironic, given the thread title, hence the wink smiley at the end.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. ;)

This will obviously cause tears to NewYorkFleaPit as his hate for Robbie Neilson and his apparent Man Love for the ex-hibee Derek Adams @ Plymouth, howz that going ya for you ya roaster.

I seem to remember the certainty of his man love for Adams (Plymouth) team being above MK Dons aganst horrible Neilson and how higher they would be in the table.

P.S. NYFP I personally hated RN as a player. 

This will obviously cause tears to NewYorkFleaPit as his hate for Robbie Neilson and his apparent Man Love for the ex-hibee Derek Adams @ Plymouth, howz that going ya for you ya roaster.

I seem to remember the certainty of his man love for Adams (Plymouth) team being above MK Dons aganst horrible Neilson and how higher they would be in the table.

P.S. NYFP I personally hated RN as a player.

How can anyone hate Neilson as a player. One f the most committed players we had who was part of one of our best ever teams and with a tackle and penalty effectively won us one of our very rare trophies, as well as giving us one of our best ever european results. I can think of many more Hearts players worthy of being hated if that?s your thing.

I liked Robbie as a player.

I liked him as our manager.

If I was an MK Dons fan I would like him as my teams manager.

Minimum play offs for MK DONS this season imo.

How can anyone hate Neilson as a player. One f the most committed players we had who was part of one of our best ever teams and with a tackle and penalty effectively won us one of our very rare trophies, as well as giving us one of our best ever european results. I can think of many more Hearts players worthy of being hated if that?s your thing.

If you sat in the first 10 rows of the stand there?s a good chance he?d take yer head off with clearances up the line! Rotten fullback but tremendous effort (and luck) to have the career he did.

No hate, but he was rank there is no arguing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you sat in the first 10 rows of the stand there?s a good chance he?d take yer head off with clearances up the line! Rotten fullback but tremendous effort (and luck) to have the career he did.

Sometimes you need the solid, reliable guys. We achieved a lot with him in the team.

This. Some people just like to hate.

mahgrassyshoes

I was being ironic, given the thread title, hence the wink smiley at the end.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. ;)

So wait... you're not sorry for the misunderstanding then?

An awful lot of good managers had Robbie as their first choice right back.

An awful lot of good managers had Robbie as their first choice right back.

Not through choice, circumstance dictated.

From what I understand they have been missing some key players but they are starting to filter back in now, Sow included.

I think if they keep those players fit Robbie will do fine.

10 years, 200 games, testimonial and a scottish cup. Yet circumstances stopped us signing a better right back all this time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10 years, 200 games, testimonial and a scottish cup. Yet circumstances stopped us signing a better right back all this time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

And how many managers who were forced to play him.....

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived