Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hi stoops, hi.

Fact. We came 3rd in a league without Hibs and Rangers. Absolute bare minimum we should have been in the SPL that season. We also lost to Championship Hibs who went on to win the Scottish Cup on Neilson's watch! He made a small slice of history for himself. First Hearts manager in over 100 years to witness His winning he Scottish cup!!!

But we finished 3rd without them because we won a league they were both in?

Going to have to question that theory.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• socrates82

• Mars plastic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hendricks

But we finished 3rd without them because we won a league they were both in?

Going to have to question that theory.

Yes therefore we did the minimum in that seasons SPL. Good job Neilson. Excellent championship season followed by doing the minimum in the league we moved into. Rangers came up last season and ended 20 puts ahead of us!!!!

Would rather concentrate on Hearts than Neison , so what if he does good or bad , what's the attraction?

Sad ***** Hearts fans desperate for Neilson to fail somewhere else to validate arguments they were having 12 months ago.

Get a grip sadsacks

Sad ***** Hearts fans desperate for Neilson to fail somewhere else to validate arguments they were having 12 months ago.

Get a grip sadsacks

Agree.

TheMightyShed

2 matches outweighs 2 and a half seasons aye?

glad you posted that ... I was suspecting undercover hobo action despite his plethora of posts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TheMightyShed

Geoff Kilpatrick

This thread is like a bat signal to some. Why anyone worries about English third tier football baffles me.

Lucky to get the job with us. Deserves everything that's coming his way

What a chronic, chronic post that was.

Neilson absolutely skooshed the Championship, with the record points total.  He then finished 3rd in the top flight after coming up.  When he left us, we were 2nd in the league.  That was 2nd after a good few fixtures, and not one of these "Huddersfield are top of the Premier League after 1 game" type of leads.

If you think he was a shite manager with us, then quite frankly, you are a moron.

I have no idea what you think he "deserves", but as an ex-player and ex-manager who gave his all for us, he deserves nothing but respect.

I guess respect is a concept that is completely alien to you, since you command very little of it yourself.

Edited by tian447

In a year or two when he's managing Raith or Falkirk I hope a Hearts that actually care about the football side of the club empty his team 5 or 6 zip.

Mars plastic

What a chronic, chronic post that was.

Neilson absolutely skooshed the Championship, with the record points total.  He then finished 3rd in the top flight after coming up.  When he left us, we were 2nd in the league.  That was 2nd after a good few fixtures, and not one of these "Huddersfield are top of the Premier League after 1 game" type of leads.

If you think he was a shite manager with us, then quite frankly, you are a moron.

I have no idea what you think he "deserves", but as an ex-player and ex-manager who gave his all for us, he deserves nothing but respect.

I guess respect is a concept that is completely alien to you, since you command very little of it yourself.

You'll have to forgive me for not giving a toss about what a wee dafty from Dundee thinks.

In a year or two when he's managing Raith or Falkirk I hope a Hearts that actually care about the football side of the club empty his team 5 or 6 zip.

it will be more than that under our current regime

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Harry Potter

This thread is like a bat signal to some. Why anyone worries about English third tier football baffles me.

I still look out for Tony Watt,  :tiny:

Neilson's Shank

Agree, liked him as a player and manager but he moved on. Take a passing interest now but with some it is on the verge of stalking, like many things on JKB these days, I don't get it.

He's a very talented coach, a good guy and he did us a massive turn in his first year. I think he's not good enough at signing players to go any further than he has.

He'll be back in Scotland in less than a year I'd imagine. Hope he manages to hang oin there though. Good guy is Robbie.

Get a grip sadsacks

One or two on here seem to enjoy watching us fail right now, just so they can trot out the "careful what you wish for" nonsense as well.

Independence

Get a grip sadsacks

This. For his magnificent tackle against Gretna in the Scottish Cup Final, his magnificent goal against Basle and his management in the championship he deserves respect. 

Harry Potter

One or two on here seem to enjoy watching us fail right now, just so they can trot out the "careful what you wish for" nonsense as well.

Dont think its a case of wanting us to fail, but frustration at the way we are playing.

Yesterday started well going 1-0 up but for some reason we could not stamp a grip on the game.

Voice of reason

Agree, liked him as a player and manager but he moved on. Take a passing interest now but with some it is on the verge of stalking, like many things on JKB these days, I don't get it.

That about sums it up. What the hell has social media done to people's sense of perspective? Neilson was a decent player and manager for us and yet some Hearts fans seem to dislike him as much as Neil Lennon. Weird. I genuinely don't get the hatred.

Also, is he really close to the sack? Done well last season with a struggling team he inherited and has made some good signings [Osman Sow is decent I hear] - he's had a bad start to this season but the chairman down there is quite loyal so, as long as results pick-up before Christmas, he'll get at least another full-season. Some people are just so desperate for him to fail. I don't think he's close to the sack yet. I hope he turns it round and has a long and successful managerial career in England.

I'd take him back tomorrow.

Neilson shouldn't be allowed back as apart from his last game Hearts although 2nd in the league were not a good team and needed an influx of good players in january and we all know what happened then. No Neilson should be remembered for our Championship season and leave it at that.

Off to a flyer again today against the mighty Oxford.

It'll take him less time to walk to Australia than it will to get the Premier League.

I don't wish ill on him but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

This. 

Great memories of him as a player and hammering the huns to a league title (albeit championship).

Yes therefore we did the minimum in that seasons SPL. Good job Neilson. Excellent championship season followed by doing the minimum in the league we moved into. Rangers came up last season and ended 20 puts ahead of us!!!!

Exactly. If that's not regression I don't know what is.

Yet some try to claim our woes are on Cathro in isolation. Cathro was an unmitigated disaster but we've been in decline since the beginning of 2016 and our recruitment highly questionable since December 2015

Bumped for MK Dons and you want him back? That's a beauty.

Do not feed the troll. Neilsons managerial career highlight, winning the Scottish Championship with Hearts, is already in his rear window. We are by far the biggest club he'll ever be involved with managerially.

Big 45 coming up for him here, needs a win today. No Sow again I notice.

Edited by Hendricks

Bazzas right boot

I'd love it, just for your reaction tbh.

Bazzas right boot

It just gets ever more ridiculous

Aye that championship, then third, then leaving when second was shite, pure shite, likes.

Aye that championship, then third, then leaving when second was shite, pure shite, likes.

Emptied by hibs and the dudes who hire beach equipment in Malta. What a career.

Bazzas right boot

Was McInnes not sacked from Oxford or the likes? He's been shite for Aberdeen so aye, failed Scottish managers are always shit when they come back.

Bazzas right boot

Emptied by hibs and the dudes who hire beach equipment in Malta. What a career.

Aye, first manager ever beaten by hibs in he cup, ever and the first manager ever in Scotland to get beat in the 2nd qualifying round.

Your baby daddy wright gets emptied every other year by a euro no mark, yet you can't help get a chubby over him. Think he even lost and cup semi to hibs, strange you champion him. Very strange, almost like it's personal against Robbie and nothing to do with results as you pretend, Very strange, indeedy!

Aye, first manager ever beaten by hibs in he cup, ever and the first manager ever in Scotland to get beat in the 2nd qualifying round.

Your baby daddy wright gets emptied every other year by a euro no mark, yet you can't help get a chubby over him. Think he even lost and cup semi to hibs, strange you champion him. Very strange, almost like it's personal against Robbie and nothing to do with results as you pretend, Very strange, indeedy!

Your lack of understanding of the enormity of that match at ER last year baffles me.

Was complicit in hibs winning the cup

Can't argue with that part of the arguement at all.

He was a huge part of them going further in the competition than they should have. We had them dead and buried at 2-0.

Elias Henry Furst

Your lack of understanding of the enormity of that match at ER last year baffles me.

You're debating with a guy who wanted Hibernian to lift the Scottish cup. Nothing should baffle you.

Just be thankful that 99% of Hearts fans ain't like him.

1-1 now.

Bazzas right boot

Can't argue with that part of the arguement at all.

He was a huge part of them going further in the competition than they should have. We had them dead and buried at 2-0.

Think the players let us down as well.

You're debating with a guy who wanted Hibernian to lift the Scottish cup. Nothing should baffle you.

1-1 now.

I know, mate. Utterly baffling.

Just seen that. MK's 3rd goal in 5 games. I'll bet the fitba is absolutely chronic.

Bazzas right boot

1-1 now.

Sigh,

Get a grip sadsacks

Indeed.

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic