Ann Budge update

Texia

It's as plain as the nose on your face.

Levein wants his latest play thing-Daly.

Budge wants the snake or Hartley.

God we've got some right morons in our support...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

If you think Daly is going to be anyones play thing your judgement is badly skewed.

I reckon if Levein entered his changing room there would be a scrap :lol:

Oh the irony.......

DoFs dont tend to put themselves front and centre when it comes to the media, with good reason. Dont know why we expect Levein to do that. Infact the Levein seems to get more scrutiny than any DoF in Britain.

Maybe that's because he's not doing it very well.

But that's wit it says in The Daily Record and Evening News likesay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't be arsed reading every post but if I've missed one even more stupid than this please let me know

You'd have to be a ******** idiot to think we lost out on millions for progressing in the LC!

However 4th place prize money, European prize money AND progressing in the LC was revenue we badly needed!

Whoosh!

I found that to be a very strange and worrying thing to say. If you know you've got content and news for a statement next week, why not make it this week ? If you're leaving it another week, what are you doing in the transfer market this week, given there are 9 days left, and why was there no mention of such activity like there was last time she spoke. Why was there no mention of 'experienced candidates' this time around. It was a statement which told you nothing and everything at the same time.

Are we having to accept the fact, that although plenty good to very good candidates applied, not a single one of them fitted what we needed in terms of experience, our structure and/or salary. Does that then follow that the structure of the football department might be wrong.

Why mention the structure of the football department and admit to discussing it if you have no intention of changing it and don't perceive there may be an issue. Why mention it at all.

The 3 year plan part of the statement is some kind of joke. Never mentioned before in any statement suddenly we are at the end of one 3 year plan and embarking on another. What was the last plan ? Did we achieve it ? Whats the next plan. What happened to the 5 year plan ?

All in all, a very downbeat, strange and concerning statement in regard to the football department.

She did say originally that it was a 3 - 5 year plan however there has never been anything public about what's in the new 3 year plan which seems a bit odd considering her eagerness to keep the fans updated on their activities.

Could just be an oversight or it could be that there is something in it that she did not want us to know too soon.

The Treasurer

Seems fair to say that the chairwoman's update has failed in both its stated aims (to inform and minimise speculation). 

If you read it properly you'll find that it informs us that an announcement will be made next week, the stand is on schedule to open in November and Scot Gardner will leave at the end of his contract.

The only thing unanswered is who will be announced as our new HC. The reason(s) for which will no doubt become clear when he is named. 

Will only be one winner and it won't be Levein.

Seymour M Hersh

You might be right

But if it is it is.

We had no choice - a longer period of rebuilding the team will just need to be accepted.

We have no magic money tree and have already been gifted ?3m from wealth Hearts fan benefactors

We can only do what we can.

Maybe we can borrow Jeremy Corbyn's one?

So now we've no money....yet another JKB fable being portrayed as fact.

The Treasurer

You state these things as FACTS

If you're so well informed please tell us why none of the above have actually happened, given that there's nothing to prevent any of these scenario's being put in place immediately

Dusk_Till_Dawn

You state these things as FACTS

If you're so well informed please tell us why none of the above have actually happened, given that there's nothing to prevent any of these scenario's being put in place immediately

Can I throw that back at you and ask - what you YOU think is going on?

All CL has done since he became DoF is bring in people who have a Dundee Utd connection.   Even Pressley.

The Treasurer

Can I throw that back at you and ask - what you YOU think is going on?

As I've said on other threads, I believe we have identified our preferred option but he is currently employed at another club. This is the reason for the delay until next week.

Just to be clear, this is not based on any pretend ITK information, just my take on things based on the real information available

Dusk_Till_Dawn

As I've said on other threads, I believe we have identified our preferred option but he is currently employed at another club. This is the reason for the delay until next week.

Just to be clear, this is not based on any pretend ITK information, just my take on things based on the real information available

Fair enough, I know no more than you but I sincerely doubt that's the case. I get the impression that we're taking the easy option in daly and desperately hoping he wins on Saturday to make the appointment palatable.

The Treasurer

Fair enough, I know no more than you but I sincerely doubt that's the case. I get the impression that we're taking the easy option in daly and desperately hoping he wins on Saturday to make the appointment palatable.

If that was what is going to happen why not just appoint him now ?

A win at Motherwell isn't going to suddenly make doubters change their minds 

If we have a preferred option of a manager in a position it would have been leaked or an approach would be in for them revealed by the other club. Everyone mentions how cut throats and shrewd no nonsense business woman Budge is, if this is the case why would she act all nice until an international break when it's a pressing concern right here, right now?

Imo, I don't think it's a stitch up for Daly to get the job but I'm thinking Freedman has went to Palace and let us down leading to the statement yesterday instead of the announcement and it's left us with Jon doing no bad on the pitch so they are waiting to see what Saturday brings before either appointing him or Elvis.

All CL has done since he became DoF is bring in people who have a Dundee Utd connection. Even Pressley.

Roger Arnott

Jack Ross

Liam Fox

Andy Kirk

Austin MacPhee

Apart from that....

fraz the postie

I'm in the way of thinking that the 3-5 year plan was to consolidate ourselves at the top end of the league ,

Overhaul the accadamy so we can see some youth making it's way towards the 1st team and

Build the new main stand.

It was probably not planned to get into Europe 1st time of asking or the departing of RN and some members of the coaching staff.

So the Cathro experiment has been a bit of a pigs ear but I think overall we are probably about where we should be.

Unknown user

Tried that many times, I can do this too if I fancy. If its too much Im sure the Mods will deal with it, cheers.

We all have the right to act the ***** indeed, but never forget that exercising that right makes you... well, you can finish the rest I'm sure ;)

I'm not sure about that actually.

If we win then it probably is enough for many to put him ahead of Pressley and Hartley.

Footballfirst

also 6m plus from mainly poorer fans. And we do have choices. If all the funding shortfall is to be met from club finds ie the salary budget then we are at best likely to stagnate on the pitch for some time. 500 club and debenture schemes have been dismissed because of the impact on future revenue but failure to be competitive will affect both current and future revenue

And while i'd be reluctant to delay fan ownership further using more foh funding is also an option

Depending on the scale of the shortfall a mixture of all three might be the right choice

Delaying fan ownership again is not an option for me. However, if Ann backs off from her previously stated intention that she won't relinquish control until her loan is repaid in full, then I might consider it.

The original agreement saw Ann insist that no shares would be handed over until the loan was repaid in full.  The updated agreement saw the staged transfer of voting rights (not the shares) during the funding of the stand.  FOH currently has voting rights over 20% of the shares, which should go up to 35% around May 2018. Ann will continue to own the shares until her loan is repaid in full, around the end of 2019, or early 2020 on the current schedule.

Ann must recognise at some point that the fans ongoing contributions to the club are far greater than her own and allow fan ownership to happen. Her loan would still be secured against the club's assets, she would receive her 6% interest (7% APR) and her 17.4% "legacy" share of the club would remain intact, so she wouldn't be losing out on anything other than total control of the club.

If, for instance, she sought that FOH commits itself to a funding a further ?2m towards the stand cost, then I would want 50% of the shares handed over to FOH on signing that deal, with the remaining 25.1% handed over at a later date.

Are we any further back than we were under cathro with Daly taking charge for a few games? Results would say probably not.

No idea whats going to happen. Daly long term at this stage goes back on what Ann was thinking. Maybe she's just discovered what the likes of freedman etc would cost wage wise so its think again time.

Lets just back the team on saturday and push for a posituve result going into the international break.

The only difference to me is that Cathro is 31 with no managerial experience and prefers to play 3 at the back, while Daly is 34 with no managerial experience and prefers to play 4 at the back.

BobbyJenkins

We all have the right to act the ***** indeed, but never forget that exercising that right makes you... well, you can finish the rest I'm sure ;)

Indeed. Ill act and people will react and vice versa, thons life neebs.

Delaying fan ownership again is not an option for me. However, if Ann backs off from her previously stated intention that she won't relinquish control until her loan is repaid in full, then I might consider it.

The original agreement saw Ann insist that no shares would be handed over until the loan was repaid in full. The updated agreement saw the staged transfer of voting rights (not the shares) during the funding of the stand. FOH currently has voting rights over 20% of the shares, which should go up to 35% around May 2018. Ann will continue to own the shares until her loan is repaid in full, around the end of 2019, or early 2020 on the current schedule.

Ann must recognise at some point that the fans ongoing contributions to the club are far greater than her own and allow fan ownership to happen. Her loan would still be secured against the club's assets, she would receive her 6% interest (7% APR) and her 17.4% "legacy" share of the club would remain intact, so she wouldn't be losing out on anything other than total control of the club.

If, for instance, she sought that FOH commits itself to a funding a further ?2m towards the stand cost, then I would want 50% of the shares handed over to FOH on signing that deal, with the remaining 25.1% handed over at a later date.

I like the German model of fan ownership.

Craig Levein should have took the job of Ambassador, and we should go back to just having a Chair(wo)man and a Manager.

I'm bored and a bit pissed off with this ever extending 3-5 year plan they trout out and really fed up with Hearts trying to be some sort of innovative new-style-of-football club when it clearly doesn't work.

The heirarchy at the club are lucky they have the new stand to hide behind because if it wasn't for them building that there wouldn't be alot to be happy about at the moment. I mean, they even ****ed that up but thats okay of course - because criticising them means your "pure Hibs".

Personally, I don't think Saturday's result matters a jot in the context of picking our man. I don't think they'll base a decision on Daly on four games.

I think thry already have made a decision....only an opinion....and it could well be Daly.

Trying to read between the lines of Ann's latest update is difficult but I sense no great change.

I sense a big FO seethe on here however if it does pan out that way. Of course if we do well on the park, all will be good.....in the stands !

Unknown user

Indeed. Ill act and people will react and vice versa, thons life neebs.

:laugh: I've live in Holland for the last decade, have you any idea how good it feels to be called neebs?

You get a free pass from me, good guy Bobby in my book!

Cant beleiev we would appoint a manager on the basis of 1 game, as in one week from now, so it cant be Daly. Presley and Hartley are available right now so waiting to announce next week makes little sense, so I also believe it not to be them either...

Why do the majority believe the shortlist made up by scum Weegie Press is correct, and deny our owner the same respect when she has made no proclamation of a shortlist???  We have some utter arseholes in our support and the majority seem to be on here.

Stop reading the Daily Record and The Sun.  They're Weegie shiterags who consistently stir shite to sell papers/gain webclicks.

Get over yourselves.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Because they know it won't be popular or a credible appointment. A win on Saturday gives them a bit more protection.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but I can't see any other scenario. I think if you've followed football for any length of time you can see what's going on here

Why do the majority believe the shortlist made up by scum Weegie Press is correct, 

Because thats the process when you encourage applications. You get a load of CV's, you delete the obvious no hopers, you examine a 'long list' of possibles, cut them down to a 'short list' of people your going to interview.

I dont think the 'short list' being banded about was outlandish in any way. At least 3 of the 5 are known to have been interviewed.

Not sure what your point is really. There was a short list, I have no doubt. We seem to have exhausted it and not made an appointment from it........YET !!

Cut The Crap

If you read it properly you'll find that it informs us that an announcement will be made next week, the stand is on schedule to open in November and Scot Gardner will leave at the end of his contract.

The only thing unanswered is who will be announced as our new HC. The reason(s) for which will no doubt become clear when he is named. 

Yes, fair enough it does tell us to expect an announcement regarding the new head coach next week (although pointedly refrains from indicating that we'll be told who it is that point as far as i can see).

The point about the stand confirms a delay that we already knew about. Nothing new in that. Fair play to her, she is attempting to douse some of the lurid speculation surrounding the former MD, while stopping short of actually absolving him of blame for the delay mentioned in point 2, which would have been easy enough to do.

She has also fanned speculation with the rather vague comment about having undertaken a review of the football management structure, the references to the interview process, and the explicit recognition of Daly's contribution in having steadied the ship.

It's a so-called "holding" statement that actually raises more questions than it answers in my opinion. It might have been better to have said nothing at all. Or simply limit the comments to the points she wanted to make about Gardiner.

Anyway, only 8 days til the transfer window closes. I'm sure we'll know more at that point.

Jambof3tornado

Cant beleiev we would appoint a manager on the basis of 1 game, as in one week from now, so it cant be Daly. Presley and Hartley are available right now so waiting to announce next week makes little sense, so I also believe it not to be them either...

If it is Daly its not been based on 1 game. They have seen his work with the 20s for months now. Can he make the step up is another matter but they know all about Daly.

This.If she had come out yesterday and said'Look guys we're a bit strapped this season with the stand and what not and we need to focus on getting that project completed without it causing a hole in the finances that we cant cover. We've also had to take a decision on Ian Cathro that wasn't in the plans originally. With that in mind we're having to stop gap the football side for this season with temporary solutions and hope to keep it ticking over so we are in a decent position come next year when we'll have more disposable income/revenue kicking about'I think the vast majority would be able to accept that.

I think you are misguided. If she had come out with that this place would have a new record in meltdowns.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Why do the majority believe the shortlist made up by scum Weegie Press is correct, and deny our owner the same respect when she has made no proclamation of a shortlist???  We have some utter arseholes in our support and the majority seem to be on here.

Stop reading the Daily Record and The Sun.  They're Weegie shiterags who consistently stir shite to sell papers/gain webclicks.

Get over yourselves.

Correct! Show me a single irrefutable FACT in relation to "shortlist" in any of the 500 new manager threads that have been started?

BobbyJenkins

:laugh: I've live in Holland for the last decade, have you any idea how good it feels to be called neebs?

You get a free pass from me, good guy Bobby in my book!

:)

I think you are misguided. If she had come out with that this place would have a new record in meltdowns.

If the appointment isnt 'universally' acceptable there's a meltdown scheduled for next week anyway. She must know that. Be as well to be upfront and honest about why we cant have a decent manager and why we haven't finished building the squad for this season.

It is possible that she will announce next week that we wont have a permanent apppointment until a later date, to be confirmed, and in the meantime xyz will be in charge of the first team. That would not contradict yesterday's update. I'm expecting this or a change of structure with Levein changing job title from DoF to Manager.

Cut The Crap

It is possible that she will announce next week that we wont have a permanent apppointment until a later date, to be confirmed, and in the meantime xyz will be in charge of the first team. That would not contradict yesterday's update. I'm expecting this or a change of structure with Levein changing job title from DoF to Manager.

Yes, exactly. Yesterday's announcement of an announcement to be made next week could mean almost anything.

Lucille's Thirsty

Yeah bring your family and friends along to watch our totally inadequate team with a novice coach in charge. Bring them along as we are skint because of our abysmal signing policy and having to pay off diddies like Oshinawa and Cathro. Bring them along because we have a financial shortfall in the development of our new stand and because some incompetent dickhead failed to order the seats on time. You honestly couldn't make it up. The irony is if they showed any ambition, some imagination and appointed a proper manager who was allowed to get some players in they would attract thousands more along but nah they think we all zip up the back and its all about us giving to the club with nothing in return. Pathetic.

Agreed.

I've never considered stopping my FOH donations and don't get me wrong giving the club my money has no attaches to it as long as it goes on Hearts then fantastic but this constant theme with Budge is centred around us digging in our pockets all the time, I do put money in all the time without even thinking sometimes.

I would like to club owner and hierarchy too show the same sort of oomph as we all do.

What are we waiting for to appoint as new puppet it's gonna be Daly just get it over with so we can find out that he's not good enough and around and around we go while still pumping our hard earned cash in with **** all to show for it on the pitch.

Agree with much of the stuff on the list of mistakes but I don't think there's huge unrest. Unless things bottom out and take a more normal turn (a run of decent results - even with Daly at the helm) then there's a chance it could go that way but even then it'd be unlikely to properly take hold until we're back at Tynecastle and that's a long way off yet.

A whole host of things have all gone a bit iffy at the same time and the club needs a little time to get things back on an even keel. For that reason I can't help think the delay to returning to Tynecastle maybe isn't such a bad thing.

Also, I wouldn't lump Martin in with Osh and Sammon. Or not yet anyway :)

There was significant unrest at the Dunfermline game. Frustration will only grow if we do not make an appropriate managerial appointment and make the glaringly obvious signings we require before the window closes. Budge's statement of 3 weeks ago will be scrutinised and used as a stick to beat her with if she does not appoint an experienced manager and rightly so.

As for Martin he's been with us 8 months and not kicked a ball in a piss poor side. He can barely get on the pitch which says it all. A complete waste of time.

If the appointment isnt 'universally' acceptable there's a meltdown scheduled for next week anyway. She must know that. Be as well to be upfront and honest about why we cant have a decent manager and why we haven't finished building the squad for this season.

Come out and say we haven't the money for either ? I thought that was accepted by most.

Archived