Murrayfield Seating Plan

kila

Why are they allocating seats behind the goal when there are thousands of seats down the sides. I know some people like sitting behind the goal but do they realise they will be around 40 meters from the goal line in these seats allocated. Murryfield has one of the biggest dead ball area behind the goal. FFS WHO MADE THE DECISION TO PUT OUR SUPPORTORS THERE.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attendances?

What do people reckon?

20K? 25K?

Depends how many tickets we give Sevco and The sheep ?

Attendances?

What do people reckon?

20K? 25K?

23,319 v Aberdeen, 19,219 v St Johnstone and 30,298 v Rangers. Possibly 35,000 + v Rangers if they're given an unlimited allocation.

23,319 v Aberdeen, 19,219 v St Johnstone and 30,298 v Rangers. Possibly 35,000 + v Rangers if they're given an unlimited allocation.

Totally disagree with you there.

21,312 v Sheep, 18,420 v St J, 31,789 v Rangers.

Dagger Is Back

We wont give rangers an unlimited allocation. 5k tops.

I think 5000 tops would be a commercial own goal of epic proportions.

What's that supposed to mean?

Tynecastle ; waterlogged, compacted not fit for purpose substructure with a bit of new turf over the top that was already cutting up at the Dunfermline game.

Murrayfield ; Million pound hybrid surface that can stand up to almost any amount of rain without falling to bits.

If this kind of weather continues then we'll be back to playing on a swamp in a few months, especially with the new stand blocking out more light and cutting down on any drying breeze.

Ah good, we've gone full circle and are back complaining about the pitch.

Away shite in your hands and clap

Francis Albert

What's the capacity of the upper and lower tiers in the East Stand? No big deal but I'd have liked the option of the upper tier.

Harry Potter

What's the capacity of the upper and lower tiers in the East Stand? No big deal but I'd have liked the option of the upper tier.

Maybe just the bottom tier that will be in operation, but you could ask.

Still waiting to see where can advise the person using my season ticket, they will be sitting, prior arrangement on the 9th Sept.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I take it printed tickets will be sent out as I can't see people remembering where their seat is if just added to season ticket card.

IveSeenTheLight

Maybe just the bottom tier that will be in operation, but you could ask.

Hearts fans in here have shown they have seats in the East Stand upper.

I've seen Hearts fans state East Stand and South Stand allocations.

Nothing yet for North or West.

I'm really hoping the away fans get in the West stand, although I fear we'll most likely get the north stand

All roads lead to Gorgie

I'm really hoping the away fans get in the West stand, although I fear we'll most likely get the north stand

There is quite a wide running track between the west stand and the pitch. I was in the upper tier of the south stand for the Barca game and the view was good. I don't really fancy the view from the lower tier though which could be a bit like Hampden behind the goals. 

Clerry Jambo

Away fans will be given the North on police instructions I would think, plus parking facilities

All roads lead to Gorgie

Away fans will be given the North on police instructions I would think, plus parking facilities

The car park beside the ice rink will be used for buses I would imagine, so it will be easier to have the away fans at that end.

Buffalo Bill

I've been allocated East Stand upper middle section; pretty much the best views in the house. :smuggy:

I think we'll get 21K v Aberdeen, 18K v SJ and 29K v Rangers (who I suspect will be restricted to 10,000 tickets)

IveSeenTheLight

The car park beside the ice rink will be used for buses I would imagine, so it will be easier to have the away fans at that end.

Fair points for those travelling by buses.

Many will also go by train and come in from the West through Roseburn.

There's not really any police segregation before the game at Tynecastle, only afterwards, so Id expect we would be directed along Roseburn Street back toward Haymarket.

Scratch that, we'll probably be shepherded ;) along Corstorphine.

Roseburn bar will likely be packed then

All roads lead to Gorgie

Fair points for those travelling by buses.

Many will also go by train and come in from the West through Roseburn.

There's not really any police segregation before the game at Tynecastle, only afterwards, so Id expect we would be directed along Roseburn Street back toward Haymarket.

Scratch that, we'll probably be shepherded ;) along Corstorphine.

Roseburn bar will likely be packed then

The Murrayfield and Hampton Hotels do well by putting extra bars outside during rugby internationals but I don't think the police would allow that for the football. I think we will be filling the Roseburn so you sheep might have to look somewhere else on this occasion.

I'm in South Stand section 5, pretty much the exact same pitch location as I am in section V in the Gorgie.

Me too. Looks like some thought has gone into it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Why the hell would we give Aberdeen the West Stand and a better view than our own fans in the South? West Stand will be for hospitality etc. Your mob will be dumped behind the goals.

IveSeenTheLight

The Murrayfield and Hampton Hotels do well by putting extra bars outside during rugby internationals but I don't think the police would allow that for the football. I think we will be filling the Roseburn so you sheep might have to look somewhere else on this occasion.

I've had many a refreshment in the Roseburn when going to Tynecastle, slthough I do prefer Stratfords as nearer the ground.

Just saying if we are in the North stand and travel along West Coates road from Haymarket, it will be the natural watering hole

IveSeenTheLight

Why the hell would we give Aberdeen the West Stand and a better view than our own fans in the South? West Stand will be for hospitality etc. Your mob will be dumped behind the goals.

I agree we'll likely get the north stand, but can see the West stand being empty.

There's hospitality in all the stands

Pasquale for King

I think we should be in the East and South stands and away fans in top of the North miles away from the pitch as they do in England.

Francis Albert

The attendance at Rangers first away game of the season at Motherwell was less than 10,000, so a travelling support of not much more than 5000. The days of tens of thousands of OF away fans are long gone.

The attendance at Rangers first away game of the season at Motherwell was less than 10,000, so a travelling support of not much more than 5000. The days of tens of thousands of OF away fans are long gone.

No one is saying tens of thousands though.

If we offer them 10K, I think they will sell them...possibly even more. Factor in that it will be a one off in terms of location and the 30K figure may not be far off.

I agree we'll likely get the north stand, but can see the West stand being empty.

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you'll get what you're given.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I've had many a refreshment in the Roseburn when going to Tynecastle, slthough I do prefer Stratfords as nearer the ground.

Just saying if we are in the North stand and travel along West Coates road from Haymarket, it will be the natural watering hole

I have been in when it has been mixed home and away supports so that could be the case again on the day. I suppose it will depend who gets there first. They'll probably change the kick off time to midday or something daft before though.

IveSeenTheLight

I have been in when it has been mixed home and away supports so that could be the case again on the day. I suppose it will depend who gets there first. They'll probably change the kick off time to midday or something daft before though.

Indeed, both the Roseburn and Stratfords (where I usually go) have mixed home and away fans with no trouble.

Owing to travel arrangements, we tend to get to Edinburgh approx 90 - 120 mins before kick off time (unless a lunchtime kick off).

Plenty of time for a few refreshments

I was looking forward to being the first away team to visit with the new stand, but that's not to be

I'm pretty sure for our Euro games we used the West for hospitality, press etc. Sat in both stands and I can't remember us using the East for those purposes (although it has been a few years). I can't see us changing for a bunch of no marks like Aberdeen. You'll be in the North, and hopefully in the shittiest of all the views. Like it or lump it. ;)

John Findlay

We used the East stand. I was in there for the Schalke, AEK Athens and Sparta Prague games.

Mars plastic

Aye, that's why the had 9000 and 10000 at Sunderland and Sheffield.

We used the East stand. I was in there for the Schalke, AEK Athens and Sparta Prague games.

Was in there for AEK, Prague and a couple of others but in the West for Schalke and Barca.

Any idea when we find out what allocation they are getting ? Would have thought this would be known and the respective away teams would be informed so they can start selling

Captain Lithuania

Hope they stick the away fans right in the corner, particularly the rangers fans. Allocate them tickets from top of the stand to the bottom of it, right in the corner. Feck them.

bernardbresslawsarmchair

No one is saying tens of thousands though.

If we offer them 10K, I think they will sell them...possibly even more. Factor in that it will be a one off in terms of location and the 30K figure may not be far off.

They have been capped at 10000 on police orders

Howdy Doody Jambo

Hope they stick the away fans right in the corner, particularly the rangers fans. Allocate them tickets from top of the stand to the bottom of it, right in the corner. Feck them.

Could put them in the lower with Hearts fans above them, see how they like it

Jambof3tornado

Could put them in the lower with Hearts fans above them, see how they like it

Can i pee in a cup and throw it down on them????

...a bit disco

Can i pee in a cup and throw it down on them????

Why bother with a cup?

Some of them didn't.

letsalldothebeattie

Attendances?

What do people reckon?

20K? 25K?

For Aberdeen & Rangers games I don't see why we cant get anywhere from 30k to a sell out, we have 14k season ticket holders, plus general sales & walk up we could easy get our support up towards the 30k mark because lets be honest most cant have an excuse of not being able to get a ticket for Murrayfield plus I don't see the harm in giving Aberdeen & Rangers a massive allocation. I would rather we sold out than have about 40k empty seats. So if we have to give Rangers half the ground and Aberdeen similar if not slightly less then I would be happy with that.

St Johnstone on the other hand we might be lucky to hit 20k, they don't have a big support let alone a big travelling support so are unlikely to command such a big allocation of tickets for the game and its not the most glamorous of games for us at Murrayfield. This will be the one game to let us down attendance wise out the 3 shifted

Archived