Board Meeting

Paulie Walnut

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pocketjambo

I wonder if cathro would accept taking a step back as a no 2 and Hearts bring a more experienced manager in everyone can see him running the team will never work he just can't seem to motivate the player but has a good record as a coach bin levein too

Pocketjambo

I wonder if cathro would accept taking a step back as a no 2 and Hearts bring a more experienced manager in everyone can see him running the team will never work he just can't seem to motivate the player but has a good record as a coach bin levein too

Give up. So did Peterhead and every other te that's beat us.

And FYI Dunfermline looked like a team we should be competing with this season. We certainly never dominated the match.

Cathro's just unlucky? Take a fecking break.

i think a few people never saw the whole game and just the highlights.

Hearts struggled to create from open play. The midfield was non existent.

Dunfermiline showed more creativity and intelligence in our last third than we did in theirs. Their right back on numerous ocassions ran us up the line with ease and often got behind us with simple one-twos.

That was a big thing for me. I know they came with the underdog tag but they ran their guts out. They believed they could get behind us and wanted to work hard to do so. Our players don't. We are so static, have no willingness to run behind people often enough.

It's all played in front of the opposition and easy to defend against. We still haven't found a level of workrate and focus when we play at home because we fail to recognise teams see us as a scalp.

kingantti1874

I know it won't be popular seeing those highlights again, but Dunfermline led a pretty ******* charmed life in that game.

They were the better side for large parts.. We created some chances throwing the ball into their box..

I know it won't be popular seeing those highlights again, but Dunfermline led a pretty ******* charmed life in that game.

8 wins in 30 competitive games though is the only stat that matters. Sick hearing about us 'dominating' games. When will we actually start winning them? Not having a pop at you btw jammyT, more using your quote as an example of why majority of us are sick hearing the same old rubbish being trotted out after games

Give up. So did Peterhead and every other te that's beat us.

And FYI Dunfermline looked like a team we should be competing with this season. We certainly never dominated the match.

Cathro's just unlucky? Take a fecking break.

Did I say that?

You can't seem to read very well - where am I backing Cathro?

Elias Henry Furst

They really didn't.

You continue with supporting Hearts online tho.

The rest of us will attend games. At home and at Peter ****in head

FarmerTweedy

Very good news. Surely Levein would see a conflict and leave while discussion took place on the 1st team. Unless of course, he resigned.

He's the director of football. He's the boss of the head coach of the first team. If there's discussion of the first team performances and the future of the head coach, he's the most important person to be involved in that discussion. He absolutely must be part of it.

If the rest of the board wanted to discuss whether a change of DoF is required, or if the DoF rule should be dropped by the club, that would probably be a discussion he'd have to be excluded from.

Mars plastic

They really didn't.

You continue with supporting Hearts online tho.

The rest of us will attend games. At home and at Peter ****** head

Does Mr T not go to any games?? Always has plenty to say mind.

Board meeting was this morning. Its now half eight at night and the club have been on radio silence all day.

Cathro turn his phone and laptop off!! ;)

Elias Henry Furst

Does Mr T not go to any games?? Always has plenty to say mind.

Never attends.

No 1 Hearts fan that he is.

If I wake up tomorrow and he is still the manager I'll be as disappointed as I am each season when I realise Pot Noodle still isn't the shirt sponsor :(

kingantti1874

8 wins in 30 competitive games though is the only stat that matters. Sick hearing about us 'dominating' games. When will we actually start winning them? Not having a pop at you btw jammyT, more using your quote as an example of why majority of us are sick hearing the same old rubbish being trotted out after games

We've not dominated any games is the truth.. Aimlessly slowly passing it around.. (otherwise known as the opposition letting us have the ball because they know we are pish) is not dominating games

And those include wins over Elgin, East Fife and Raith (after extra time) :D:(

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

i think a few people never saw the whole game and just the highlights.

Hearts struggled to create from open play. The midfield was non existent.

Dunfermiline showed more creativity and intelligence in our last third than we did in theirs. Their right back on numerous ocassions ran us up the line with ease and often got behind us with simple one-twos.

That was a big thing for me. I know they came with the underdog tag but they ran their guts out. They believed they could get behind us and wanted to work hard to do so. Our players don't. We are so static, have no willingness to run behind people often enough.

It's all played in front of the opposition and easy to defend against. We still haven't found a level of workrate and focus when we play at home because we fail to recognise teams see us as a scalp.

Spot on D4.

I thought we had an arrogance about us that we had no right to have, like we just had to turn up. Everyone looked laboured, no-one was making any effort to get in to space or show for a pass apart from Cowie.

When we went 2-1 down there wasn't even a reaction. Cathro standing there stunned and motionless as always. He wasn't shouting or demanding anything from his players. All he did was motion for defenders to stay back or the midfield to squeeze in.

At the end he turned round and smiled when he was receiving dogs abuse. It wasn't a nervous smile either, it was snide.

He's completely finished there's no way he comes back from this. Board need to release a statement tomorrow saying he's sacked or on gardening leave.

chester copperpot

Jambo In Livingston GTF!!!!11!!1!!!!1!

:wink:

Livvy is in West Lothian ya rocket :P

Winston Ingram

Normally what the alternative is forms a big part of what club boards consider when sacking a manager and deciding on timing for same. In this case, it doesn't actually matter. Anything is better than the status quo.

Spot on D4.

I thought we had an arrogance about us that we had no right to have, like we just had to turn up. Everyone looked laboured, no-one was making any effort to get in to space or show for a pass apart from Cowie.

When we went 2-1 down there wasn't even a reaction. Cathro standing there stunned and motionless as always. He wasn't shouting or demanding anything from his players. All he did was motion for defenders to stay back or the midfield to squeeze in.

At the end he turned round and smiled when he was receiving dogs abuse. It wasn't a nervous smile either, it was snide.

He's completely finished there's no way he comes back from this. Board need to release a statement tomorrow saying he's sacked or on gardening leave.

Very much agree. I didn't see Cathro's reaction as I didn't look over to his area much. If true then it says everything about him.

Mars plastic

Never attends.

No 1 Hearts fan that he is.

And he was having a right go at fans on the subscriptions thread. What a riddy.

...a bit disco

Livvy is in West Lothian ya rocket :P

So's my ex wife.

GTF still stands.

:biggrin:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Did I say that?

You can't seem to read very well - where am I backing Cathro?

Were you not implying that Cathro may have been unlucky not to get a result yesterday?

I mean I'm not the sharpest tool in the box but I'm sure that was the aim of your post.

And "seeing those highlights again." Did you even see the full match? Since you can't make many games I thought you would make the effort to watch the televised ones.

After all you sure do got a lot of strong opinions. I thought you must have watched more than a handful of games.

We've not dominated any games is the truth.. Aimlessly slowly passing it around.. (otherwise known as the opposition letting us have the ball because they know we are pish) is not dominating games

think most of us would agree the only thing we 'dominate most of the time is possession. Shots on goal tendcto be similar and actual goals scored tends to result in us being worse off than opposition. Cathro quite often describes as us having 'dominated' games in his post match ramblings though and to be more specific this time, I'm sick hearing him going on about us dominating games. He seems to be the only one who still thinks his work will all come good in the end. Bottom line is 8 wins in 30 is not good enough for HMFC and most clubs would be offloading their manager with stats similar to that

Alex Kintner

All the highlights show is that we had a number of close calls during the last ten minutes when we were bombarding their goal with set pieces and long balls. The other 80 minutes we were slow, turgid and far too deliberate in our play. Just like the last six months.

ford donald

There was a board meeting today, I have no other info other than that so please don't ask or get excited just want share facts as always.

More than likely they had made a decision one way or the other,expect a statement tomorrow.

Hopefully he will be gone by tomorrow. If not I seriously feel we will be fighting relegation this season. Worst manager we have ever had.

Bazzas right boot

Lol FFS calm down...

I agree with you.

The scored Thier only two chances.

One that Messi would struggle to pull off and the other from a slip, composed finish tho.

We missed twice from 4 yards and Thier keeper pulled of a great save first half.

The least said about isma's pass when two on the keeper the better.

Still not good enough as we had little control of the game, but we done more than enough to win that game.

Think Cathro lives in Loanhead ..back on shore until Tuesday so may sit at Straiton and follow any removal trucks - will keep you posted.

Alex Kintner

I agree with you.

The scored Thier only two chances.

One that Messi would struggle to pull off and the other from a slip, composed finish tho.

We missed twice from 4 yards and Thier keeper pulled of a great save first half.

The least said about isma's pass when two on the keeper the better.

Still not good enough as we had little control of the game, but we done more than enough to win that game.

They had more than two chances. Even the highlights show them having four or five chances and they had a couple of others that weren't included.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Cathro was under serious pressure from the board before these games and this was already intimated by levein in an interview after the end of last season. I expect to see him punted tomorrow. I'm more concerned about what plan B is.

Bazzas right boot

They had more than two chances. Even the highlights show them having four or five chances and they had a couple of others that weren't included.

Can't think of a decent one, there first goal was a bit class.

4 on target, Thier two goals and I remember jack saving two from outside the box. They also had s blocked shot.

They had 1 corner, we had 11.

I remember a save from Thier centre half from about 4 yards to stop an og. Kyle's one from about 6 yards and isma's ridiculous pass when through on goal. Topped of by Stockton hitting the moon from about 4 yards

Anyway, we never won. Not good enough.

But no need to make stuff up, jammy was right we could and should have scored more, the players particularly isma and Stockton let us down by arsing up easy chances.

He's the director of football. He's the boss of the head coach of the first team. If there's discussion of the first team performances and the future of the head coach, he's the most important person to be involved in that discussion. He absolutely must be part of it.

If the rest of the board wanted to discuss whether a change of DoF is required, or if the DoF rule should be dropped by the club, that would probably be a discussion he'd have to be excluded from.

I agree. It was your last para I was referring to bit didn't express it clearly. I'm all for him being humiliated when the lack of performance of the coaches is discussed.

Like many other posters ..my gut says he'll be gone tomorrow with Austin taking charge for a week or two. Thereafter I have no idea but my thoughts;

With Levein stil DoF = another young untested yes man

Levein gone = I can see O'neill or Tommy Wright ..would love O'neill but would take Wright.

The problem is that Levein managed to wangle a position for himself on the Board - I always thought that was a step to far by Budge!

He needs to go but he will take some shifting - as the SFA found out when they gave him the bullet!!!

Jambof3tornado

Spot on D4.

It was a nervous smile mate, believe me I was close.

John mcCartney

Think Cathro lives in Loanhead ..back on shore until Tuesday so may sit at Straiton and follow any removal trucks - will keep you posted.

all the credentials of a phm chief........................no not the gimp,you

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Really? :lol: maybe I seen what I wanted to see then but me and my mate thought the same.

Alex Kintner

I remember the days when you used to stay awake till midnight knowing that all the early editions of the next day's stories would break online. Hoping that in less than an hour there'll be a story about Ian being sacked.

Abiola Dauda

I reckon he's getting told he's away first thing tomorrow. It will be in the press just before lunch.

Alex Kintner

I was close too mate and I didn't take it as a nervous smile. I made it more of a "that's just my luck, couldn't even put three of our pens on target" type grimace but then I heard his post-match interview when I got home and I reckon his smile had more to do with his sense of self-confidence.

Were you not implying that Cathro may have been unlucky not to get a result yesterday?

I mean I'm not the sharpest tool in the box but I'm sure that was the aim of your post.

And "seeing those highlights again." Did you even see the full match? Since you can't make many games I thought you would make the effort to watch the televised ones.

After all you sure do got a lot of strong opinions. I thought you must have watched more than a handful of games.

I saw the match but when condensed to clear cut chances Dunfermline were lucky

Put it another way had we played really nice football at times as they did but had only two clear cut chances to them having the 5 or 6 we did everyone would be moaning to **** about that.

That's the only point.

Not a pro Cathro point, just an attempt at a pragmatic observation

Archived