Come on Ann get Cathro sacked ( merged )

mitch41

Lucille's Thirsty

His times already up. He's an awful manager, it isn't even up for debate. Giving him more time when he's clearly not capable is just so ******* stupid.

All we're doing is further damaging ourselves and his chance of ever getting a chance of management again in the future.

#bootlaptop

What annoys me so much about his is we have so much potential but with this man in charge we'll go nowhere.

The clubs potential is just being wasted for someone to learn in the job what other business runs like that.

This club is bigger than Cathro.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't it pretty widely agreed we were looking much better this season until Peterhead game?

Sacking a manager before the league season has started ffs. :wallbash:

Eh no it wasn't pretty widely agreed it was agreed we were on the right track with signings but there were warning signs in the Elgin and East Fife games that we were not being tactically good enough as the game continued. As an example the East Fife manager changed his tactics in the last 15 minutes and exposed our left side where 3 to 4 chances were made in which maybe a better quality of player may of punished us. Yes Cathro is not very good as a game proceeds and evolves. His substitutions are his achilles heel. Yes too many weaknesses to mention but as he says it's work in process.

What annoys me so much about his is we have so much potential but with this man in charge we'll go nowhere.

The clubs potential is just being wasted for someone to learn in the job what other business runs like that.

I wish Ann Budge would agree with that but i'm afraid Craig Levein has her ear.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

It's sad man and so depressingly true.

On the bright side though I reckon we have a decent squad and with just a competent manager we would be comfortably in the top 6.

I don't think he could do any worse if he was deliberately trying lose.

Just get him the **** out our club. Someone put him out his misery, he's like a seagull trying to fly with a broken wing. Time to put his project to bed.

I know what was said my source in the dressing room told me...

Cathro's team talk...

Reet custodians of the football garment known as a strip belonging too the establishment of Heart of Midlothian formed in the year of 1874. Tonight on this day which has become evening and in turn will be known as night, you my gladiatorial exponents of the spherical object known as a ball will take to the field of vegetation against those of lesser level of skill to those you have acquired throughout your existence within the realms of footballing excellence. These lesser mortals should not be of the same substantial physical conditioning as you my gladiators, these mere men have already completed their labour for today and are here to enhance the enjoyment factor of those who stand aside the vegetation to view. We must control the scoreline and manipulate the spherical object between our units and aim our strikes towards the stationery white netted rectangulars at the end of the lined playing surface......

I can tell you much more my source was sleeping for the rest!

Next you'll be telling me mchpee said "hit the ball and it'll go in the back of the net" [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Next you'll be telling me mchpee said "hit the ball and it'll go in the back of the net" [emoji23]

Naw he was kipping as well!!

Naw he was kipping as well!!

Let's hope our defence isn't sleeping on the job come Saturday!

Lucille's Thirsty

I wish Ann Budge would agree with that but i'm afraid Craig Levein has her ear.

Craig's a Hearts man he must start to realise this,he's starting to become a pariah in this club that is just not willing to admit he's made a mistake.

Lucille's Thirsty

It's sad man and so depressingly true.

On the bright side though I reckon we have a decent squad and with just a competent manager we would be comfortably in the top 6.

I don't think he could do any worse if he was deliberately trying lose.

Just get him the **** out our club. Someone put him out his misery, he's like a seagull trying to fly with a broken wing. Time to put his project to bed.

A competent manager worth his salt would get these players playing performing and in the mix for a place in the top four comfortably.

I know the season is just going to go to waste with Cathro in charge,it's just so irksome if your manager is coming to you the director of football and saying he wants out,why on earth is he still here.

Levein is the problem here with regard to Cathro. It's like a parent telling his child to "keep going" "keep going" when it's blatantly obvious to everyone that he's not capable.

kingantti1874

Yes.

Losing on Saturday would be unacceptable and it would spell the end.

However,

It's not going to happen. We will win and play very well on Saturday, we will absolutely dominate them in every aspect of the game. We will then go to Celtic Park and give them a game and everyone will shut up and realise that we are progressing and trying to play good football.

Peterhead was a bad day at the office, the players obviously didn't take it seriously enough and never got out of 3rd gear, which is unacceptable, we're much more capable than that and they'll have had a fright. Maybe the wake up call which was needed, their holidays are over and we are down to business.

The League Cup is and certainly never should be seen as anything other than a great prize to win, especially for a club that hasn't won it it 50 odd years, which for a club of our standing is a disgrace.

Trying to play good football.. Are you smoking crack? :rofl: when the opposition LET you have possession knowing your gonna go pass pass pass pass pass pass pass until you give it back to them is not good football.. Have you watched a game since November? I've barely made it through many games conscious..

Constantly telling people we are trying to play good football doesn't make it true.. We have been absolute pants since the guy walked through the door.. Fact not opinion

Stephen Muddie

that's the problem isn't it? even if we can turn over Dunfermline we are not expecting much from our league games, our standards are so low a few people were not shocked when Peterhead beat us.

Don't tell me...

We are #acceptingmediocrity

The way hashtags are used outside shitter is horrific :sad:

Should Burley have been sacked after the Livingston league cup defeat? That was a much, much worse result than the Peterhead one. We also only just beat Auchinlech Talbot with a much stronger team than this one. We have a long history of being beaten by teams like this in the cup, as do the other teams. Celtic and Clyde for example?

The league is different, that's the time to judge this new team under Cathro. The pant wetters can do one. Even if he fails it won't be the end of the world. Managers will come and go over the next 20, 30, 40 years but each manager needs to be given a decent amount of time to achieve his vision. As I say, if he fails, we just move on. The idea that we are somehow missing out on trophies etc is ridiculous. How many trophies have we won in our over 140 year history? We're likely to win a cup under Cathro as any other manager.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Should Burley have been sacked after the Livingston league cup defeat? That was a much, much worse result than the Peterhead one. We also only just beat Auchinlech Talbot with a much stronger team than this one. We have a long history of being beaten by teams like this in the cup, as do the other teams. Celtic and Clyde for example?

The league is different, that's the time to judge this new team under Cathro. The pant wetters can do one.

7 months and 3 relatively different squads all underachieving. The people accepting the last 7 months can do one. Go support East Stirling if you think that level of performance is good enough.

7 months and 3 relatively different squads all underachieving. The people accepting the last 7 months can do one. Go support East Stirling if you think that level of performance I'd good enough.

Are folk still running seasons into each other like they're the same season? They did that with Neilson too. It's a new season and a new squad. We've been over the January debacle a million times. This is when Cathro should be judged so excuse me if I don't lose my shit over one bad league cup result. Christ we can still win that group! If we get hammered by Dunfermline and don't show up well in our first 10 games in the league then ask me again.

The league is different, that's the time to judge this new team under Cathro. The pant wetters can do one. Even if he fails it won't be the end of the world. Managers will come and go over the next 20, 30, 40 years but each manager needs to be given a decent amount of time to achieve his vision. As I say, if he fails, we just move on. The idea that we are somehow missing out on trophies etc is ridiculous. How many trophies have we won in our over 140 year history? We're likely to win a cup under Cathro as any other manager.

Cathro needs to succeed - nothing else will do because the club can't afford to sack him - and if they did, we have to bring in the players that a new manager/coach would want. 

Cathro failing doesn't bear thinking about. 

Cathro needs to succeed - nothing else will do because the club can't afford to sack him - and if they did, we have to bring in the players that a new manager/coach would want. 

It'll be OK. It's football It just keeps ticking along and so will we art roughly the same level on average no matter who the manager is.

Lucille's Thirsty

Cathro currently is failing!!

Cathro currently is failing!!

Played 3, won 2, lost 1 is not failing. If we get pumped out the LC we can say he has failed in his first competition this season. Until then, because of the nature of the competition we cannot say he has failed.

kingantti1874

Played 3, won 2, lost 1 is not failing. If we get pumped out the LC we can say he has failed in his first competition this season. Until then, because of the nature of the competition we cannot say he has failed.

So Las season was a free pass?

Marooned in Sec Z

Are folk still running seasons into each other like they're the same season? They did that with Neilson too. It's a new season and a new squad. We've been over the January debacle a million times. This is when Cathro should be judged so excuse me if I don't lose my shit over one bad league cup result. Christ we can still win that group! If we get hammered by Dunfermline and don't show up well in our first 10 games in the league then ask me again.

How can you be happy to give him 10 games and a hammering from Dunfermline before deciding enough is enough? He should have been emptied as soon as the season had finished as the guys just not up to it. He changed the squad in January and we ended up worse off, in fact our form was relegation material. He's changed the squad again this summer but what makes you so confident that he will become a success? The signs already show that this will be much the same as last season.

Lucille's Thirsty

You don't see a manager that has guided Hearts to a defeat to Peterhead as a failing manager? Elgin and East Fife we scraped past them two as well mate.

I guarantee we'll draw with Dunfermline and people will being giving it we still in the league cup.

kingantti1874

How can you be happy to give him 10 games and a hammering from Dunfermline before deciding enough is enough? He should have been emptied as soon as the season had finished as the guys just not up to it. He changed the squad in January and we ended up worse off, in fact our form was relegation material. He's changed the squad again this summer but what makes you so confident that he will become a success? The signs already show that this will be much the same as last season.

Automatic relegation material..

Lucille's Thirsty

I'd say it was mate but he was still humpty.

You don't see a manager that has guided Hearts to a defeat to Peterhead as a failing manager? Elgin and East Fife we scraped past them two as well mate.

I guarantee we'll draw with Dunfermline and people will being giving it we still in the league cup.

We scraped past Auchinleck the year we won the cup. Getting through is all that matters.

If you can't see that we have strengthened the squad and first team considerably in defence and up front compared to the squad that ended last season, or even begun last season, and have got rid of some dead wood then I can't help you.

Marooned in Sec Z

We scraped past Auchinleck the year we won the cup. Getting through is all that matters.

You're at the wind up 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Choose last season never happened then. Choose to ignore him having the worst results of any manager in history. Neilson had us fighting for 2nd, Cathro would have got us relegated last season. That's a fact. Stop airbrushing things out of history and calling others pant wetters. You're the one who seems stubborn and irrational. It's time you gave yourself a slap and woke up to the reality of our situation. You have nothing but excuses and no sound argument for keeping him.

And no. Because Cowie said he likes him isn't a reason.

Happy clappers do one.

Marooned in Sec Z

If you can't see that we have strengthened the squad and first team considerably in defence and up front compared to the squad that ended last season, or even begun last season, and have got rid of some dead wood then I can't help you.

If you can't see that we still have an incompetent head coach in charge of these players then I can't help you either.

Seasons don't run into each other for goodness sake! He's obviously changed things in areas all of us wanted change. So let's give him a chance to show us what he can do with this team.

Lucille's Thirsty

:lol:

Can you see Cathro winning a trophy?

Choose last season never happened then. Choose to ignore him having the worst results of any manager in history. Neilson had us fighting for 2nd, Cathro would have got us relegated last season. That's a fact. Stop airbrushing things out of history and calling others pant wetters. You're the one who seems stubborn and irrational. It's time you gave yourself a slap and woke up to the reality of our situation. You have nothing but excuses and no sound argument for keeping him.

Happy clappers do one.

"Neilson had us fighting for 2nd"

?Indeed, but then I wasn't one of the ones saying that wasn't good enough for Hearts and he should go. We have some real arseholes in our support sadly, and that's more of a worry for me than Cathro right now.

kingantti1874

Seasons don't run into each other for goodness sake! He's obviously changed things in areas all of us wanted change. So let's give him a chance to show us what he can do with this team.

Robbies team = failed

January team = failed

Summer team =...

We changed things in every area but the most important one

:lol:

Can you see Cathro winning a trophy?

I couldn't see us winning one that year either.

Lucille's Thirsty

I can't believe Cathro still has some backing what are they see happening with us with that man in charge of us,we'll roll over to any side with a bit of grit and fight which unfortunately for Cathro the majority of Scottish clubs possess.

Marooned in Sec Z

Happy clappers do one.

:spoton:

But it's ok though as he'll get it right eventually. We just have to give him time!

Robbies team = failed

January team = faiked

Summer team =...

We changed things in every area but the most important one

Yes, I'm sure a new manager every 6 months is the answer.

Lucille's Thirsty

I couldn't see us winning one that year either.

The club was in disarray back then though,Cathro it seems has the freedom of Tynecastle with no pressure put upon him.

The club was in disarray back then though,Cathro it seems has the freedom of Tynecastle with no pressure put upon him.

Because pressure, i.e. booing, is going to make things better? OK. It's working with Jack Hamilton right enough.

kingantti1874

Yes, I'm sure a new manager every 6 months is the answer.

As much of an answer as sticking with a guy who clearly will not make it..

As much of an answer as sticking with a guy who clearly will not make it..

We're obviously not going to agree. I'm still excited about this season and want to see how we do. I'm obviously not as impatient for us to get back to the level we were at as some and am still in the group of people who are just happy to still have a club. Things off the pitch are going great and they were great on the pitch too for two and a half seasons in terms of where we were in the leagues. I'm OK with a bad season and a half if that's what happens. I'm 100% sure everything is going to click for us if fans continue to back the club. The boo boys, impatient teenagers and plane hirers can definitely do one though as far as I'm concerned.

Managers come and go and a new manager could easily be worse (we saw that in January) but the one thing that is known is that chopping and changing managers all the time doesn't work.

Cruyff Turn

A

Trying to play good football.. Are you smoking crack? :rofl: when the opposition LET you have possession knowing your gonna go pass pass pass pass pass pass pass until you give it back to them is not good football.. Have you watched a game since November? I've barely made it through many games conscious..

Constantly telling people we are trying to play good football doesn't make it true.. We have been absolute pants since the guy walked through the door.. Fact not opinion

I agree the results and the overwhelming majority of the games under IC have been diabolical.

Imo we should have sacked him at the end of last season and brought in someone else to build a team in the summer. That hasn't happened, the majority of us accepted that IC would get the summer to build a new team and gave him a clean slate.

Clearly that clean slate doesn't mean we forget the second half of last season. He's had his learning curve, the honeymoon period is over and there can be no excuses now. He is not going to get the samr amount of time he has had already to come good, he will get his jotters if things don't improve.

However it seems like folk were just itching to start this pish again and have jumped on Tuesdays result after a quite harmonious and positive pre-season.

Terrible result, embarrassing yes, but no real damage done, we're still in the League Cup and we have a chance to repair things on Saturday, which I believe We will. Obviously a defeat to Dunfermline and it's probably the end of the road for Ian, fairly so.

Jumping on his back after 1 defeat though is unfair, that isn't giving him a fair crack with this new team, nor is it a measure of the team. Criticise yes but as I said, give it Saturdays game and then if we win that see how we do in the opening 5 games of the League Campaign.

If we don't win at least two of them then we should change it quickly but we need to give him that at the very least before losing the plot about it.

kingantti1874

We're obviously not going to agree. I'm still excited about this season and want to see how we do. I'm obviously not as impatient for us to get back to the level we were at as some and am still in the group of people who are just happy to still have a club. Things off the pitch are going great and they were great on the pitch too for two and a half seasons in terms of where we were in the leagues. I'm OK with a bad season and a half if that's what happens. I'm 100% sure everything is going to click for us if fans continue to back the club. The boo boys, impatient teenagers and plane hirers can definitely do one though as far as I'm concerned.

Managers come and go and a new manager could easily be worse (we saw that in January) but the one thing that is known is that chopping and changing managers all the time doesn't work.

Fair enough.. For my bit I agree with a lot of what your saying.. If I could see any signs of progress id soften my stance.. But right now.. Cathro is a blocker in my opinion..

Two major trophies under Romanov suggests it can!

Lucille's Thirsty

Because pressure, i.e. booing, is going to make things better? OK. It's working with Jack Hamilton right enough.

I'm saying imagine if Romanov was in charge an owner that would not accept a result like that,now no pressure from above because he's learning.

If Cathro stays where will we finish?

kingantti1874

I agree the results and the overwhelming majority of the games under IC have been diabolical.

Imo we should have sacked him at the end of last season and brought in someone else to build a team in the summer. That hasn't happened, the majority of us accepted that IC would get the summer to build a new team and gave him a clean slate.

Clearly that clean slate doesn't mean we forget the second half of last season. He's had his learning curve, the honeymoon period is over and there can be no excuses now. He is not going to get the samr amount of time he has had already to come good, he will get his jotters if things don't improve.

However it seems like folk were just itching to start this pish again and have jumped on Tuesdays result after a quite harmonious and positive pre-season.

Terrible result, embarrassing yes, but no real damage done, we're still in the League Cup and we have a chance to repair things on Saturday, which I believe We will. Obviously a defeat to Dunfermline and it's probably the end of the road for Ian, fairly so.

Jumping on his back after 1 defeat though is unfair, that isn't giving him a fair crack with this new team, nor is it a measure of the team. Criticise yes but as I said, give it Saturdays game and then if we win that see how we do in the opening 5 games of the League Campaign.

If we don't win at least two of them then we should change it quickly but we need to give him that at the very least before losing the plot about it.

p

Fair post.. I think people have bitten because of who we lost to and the fact there was a lot of last season in the performancd.. Was an absolute shocker

kingantti1874

I'm saying imagine if Romanov was in charge an owner that would not accept a result like that,now no pressure from above because he's learning.

11th imo

We don't need to imagine. We lived through it!

11th imo

That's laughable stuff. But then some people thought Neilson was going to get us relegated as well.

Lucille's Thirsty

We don't need to imagine. We lived through it!

In charge now!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

"Neilson had us fighting for 2nd"

?Indeed, but then I wasn't one of the ones saying that wasn't good enough for Hearts

Neither were a lot of the people wanting Cathro out. My point wasn't about Neilson though. It was the comedy show that ensued when he left. Nearly every manager in Scotland couldn?t have done a worse job.

Forget that? Don't be ridiculous.

Archived