Come on Ann get Cathro sacked ( merged )

mitch41

Dalstonjambo

Please tell me what is factually incorrect with my post.

'Korobotchjob' - took me about 7 words to find something

stopped reading there. Unless you are 5, giving people derogatory 'funny names' isn't funny and your posts are ignored immediately. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dusk_Till_Dawn

'Korobotchjob' - took me about 7 words to find something

stopped reading there. Unless you are 5, giving people derogatory 'funny names' isn't funny and your posts are ignored immediately.

:cornette:

Dalstonjambo

:cornette:

Care to tell me what you think is funny about calling an ex manager 'Korobotchjob' when you are an adult?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Why is this so difficult.

I'm not asking who WOULD take the job, I'm asking the Cathro-ooters to say who they WANT to take the job.

To me they have only half a plan which is as useful as no plan at all

Half of a plan is all that's needed if Cathro is as shite as he seems. We're getting to the stage where he has to go no matter the alternatives because he's doing massive damage.

His plan is the same plan he's been trotting out since day 1.. It didn't work with set of players 1 from November to Jan, it didn't work with set of players 2 from Jan to may, we are now onto set of players 3 who've just been pumped by Peterhead..

Get this.. His plan, his vision, his style.. Its garbage.

And what is your football philosophy? and what players would you bring in to implement it? There are a lot of outspoken/unqualified voices about how garbage Ian is and how he needs sacked, not so many qualified or able to suggest anyone who would come to Hearts on a budget and attempt to change things quicker.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Care to tell me what you think is funny about calling an ex manager 'Korobotchjob' when you are an adult?

A thread about a manager who's wrecking us and all you can talk about is someone taking the piss out of one of the worst managers we've ever had?

A_A wehatethehibs

If it was just a case of them wanting it more than that's the players fault not cathro's?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ridiculous argument, the buck stops with the manager. He is responsible for team performances and results.

Cathro got the same casual performances from neilsons team who were flying when he took over, then same again from his January window team for 6 months, now same again from this group against a couple of pub teams Elgin and Peterhead.

That's 3 different groups of players, same performances. We will see what the reaction is on Saturday, it's crucial for Cathro to get a reaction from the players or he is a dead man walking.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

And what is your football philosophy? and what players would you bring in to implement it? There are a lot of outspoken/unqualified voices about how garbage Ian is and how he needs sacked, not so many qualified or able to suggest anyone who would come to Hearts on a budget and attempt to change things quicker.

:rofl:

It's not our job to set a 'philosophy' or dictate recruitment. It' our job to say what we see with our own eyes.

"Let's stick with Cathro because no-one on JKB can suggest a valid alternative."

Is it any wonder the club have been getting away with the last 18 months?

Dalstonjambo

A thread about a manager who's wrecking us and all you can talk about is someone taking the piss out of one of the worst managers we've ever had?

Because the poster i quoted is on every negative thread, moaning about the manager and his assistant by calling them childish stupid nicknames that only he appears to think are funny. He's now starting on other people. He also admits he barely goes to games. 

That adds nothing to the threads for me. Apologies if me thinking an adult calling another adult a childish derogatory nickname doesn't add anything to the thread and deserves to be called out. 

As a retort, what does you posting that face in response to my post add to the thread?

But yet, here you are trying to dictate recruitment by calling for someone to be sacked, when your eyes see something your brain isn't qualified to know about .... makes perfect sense to me ;)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

But yet, here you are trying to dictate recruitment by calling for someone to be sacked, when your eyes see something your brain isn't qualified to know about .... makes perfect sense to me ;)

It's a matter of opinion son. The club aren't going to sack Cathro because Dusk_Till_Dawn wades onto JKB suggesting that it should probably happen.

This is a message board. You and others seem to be struggling the concept. Stick with it, you'll catch on soon enough.

The damage was done by not sacking Robbie after promotion.We got lucky with sevco and H1B5 first 2 games missed open goals and missed penalty 6 points.We got lucky with Sow and should have played in cup game.We had city to our selfs.Then all went tits up lost last min goal scum won cup.There is only so much money in Edinburgh and now H1B5 could be getting bigger crowds than us which is more money to them less for us.You don't make money from season tickets it is walk ups cup games and hospitality.If you had money to invest in Edinburgh football where would you put it you don't support any team but want to see good football.

I thought it was just us but having just read a bunch of threads from Man U fans going ballistic over a 1-0 defeat to Barcelona I realise that every club has its Roasters.  No doubt the Celtic Roasters will be calling for Rodgers head this morning.  Juvenile.

It's a matter of opinion son. The club aren't going to sack Cathro because Dusk_Till_Dawn wades onto JKB suggesting that it should probably happen.

This is a message board. You and others seem to be struggling the concept. Stick with it, you'll catch on soon enough.

Thanks Dad, i'll try to catch up soon and when I do can you pay up the missing pocket money, or are you struggling too

Dalstonjambo

The damage was done by not sacking Robbie after promotion.We got lucky with sevco and H1B5 first 2 games missed open goals and missed penalty 6 points.We got lucky with Sow and should have played in cup game.We had city to our selfs.Then all went tits up lost last min goal scum won cup.There is only so much money in Edinburgh and now H1B5 could be getting bigger crowds than us which is more money to them less for us.You don't make money from season tickets it is walk ups cup games and hospitality.If you had money to invest in Edinburgh football where would you put it you don't support any team but want to see good football.

Ha ha - righto son

kingantti1874

Unqualified voices quoting a qualified record.. There are many suggestions on the front page of this board as who who could replace him.. But the real answer is.. There isnt a manager in the top 2 leagues of Scottish football I wouldn't trade Cathro for.. He is the pits.

sandylejambo

i,m not certain but you might find that his eyes and his brain get together and discuss results that have happened and the results since Cathro took over have been to say the least very poor with the same lack lustre performances that have been evident since Cathro arrived, I could be wrong my eyes might be seeing the same as his.

I thought it was just us but having just read a bunch of threads from Man U fans going ballistic over a 1-0 defeat to Barcelona I realise that every club has its Roasters.  No doubt the Celtic Roasters will be calling for Rodgers head this morning.  Juvenile.

Celtic haven't lost a competitive game since **** knows when, we've been on relegation form for months in the league and we've just been pumped by Peterhead and are looking at a must win game in July to stay in the league cup. If you're not calling for Cathro to be sacked you're either delusional or don't care if hearts are shite.

Jambof3tornado

He has my full backing until January before I make a judgement.

Defeat on saturday will heap more pressure on him but I'd suggest the senior management will take your view that at least the 1st round of fixtures will be completed before any questions are asked.

We also need to see what players we have come the end of the window. The team could look a little different by then.

I am an H G V driver and you have to know the job to do it.If someone who studied H G V driving but never drove one told me what to do I would say he does not have a clue never done job.Cathro is the same never played game so is limited in what he knows.

i,m not certain but you might find that his eyes and his brain get together and discuss results that have happened and the results since Cathro took over have been to say the least very poor with the same lack lustre performances that have been evident since Cathro arrived, I could be wrong my eyes might be seeing the same as his.

You miss my point, when his eyes and brain get together since Cathro took over, do they automatically agree it is all down to Ian? If we took any of those "old school" managers mentioned in this thread, the best we can ever expect is to fight it out for 3rd or 4th. As a club, a brave decision was made to try something different. The coach's first full transfer window isn't yet closed and recruitment is in progress. Once he gets the squad required to carry out his philosophy, then results will improve, of that I have no doubt. He is not going anywhere. Get used to it

Son Of Anarchy

Towards the end of last season I became apathetic towards the results. I felt that we were in the top six and were not going to win a game and that's fine, it was an end of season game for five games. But as we get nearer to the start of this season, we really should be doing a lot better but we are not. And it's down to the style of football he wants us to play. It's not working and he needs to change it to win games. He has made a rod for his own back or something.

I keep hearing "his style of football". I've been waiting for this high pressing fast passing he once talked about. He even said " football the fans want to see". Im still waiting and that's what's now worrying me. Slow aimless passing more like. If id seen improvement I'd be much happier. I haven't and that pains me to say perhaps he isn't the man for us :(

Lets wait till Saturday has passed on B T sport so everyone can watch then make up mind.I still think Johnstone Clark would make good team.I would hate to be Cathro the pressure is on him.The pars management team will look on Saturday as a chance to join Hearts so should be good game

The Treasurer

Half of a plan is all that's needed if Cathro is as shite as he seems. We're getting to the stage where he has to go no matter the alternatives because he's doing massive damage.

So if we ditch Cathro:

who picks the team

Who organises training

Who decides what formation we are playing

Who identifies strengths/weaknesses in our opponents

Getting rid is only half a plan, having no-one in mind to replace him is pointless

Ridiculous argument, the buck stops with the manager. He is responsible for team performances and results.

Cathro got the same casual performances from neilsons team who were flying when he took over, then same again from his January window team for 6 months, now same again from this group against a couple of pub teams Elgin and Peterhead.

That's 3 different groups of players, same performances. We will see what the reaction is on Saturday, it's crucial for Cathro to get a reaction from the players or he is a dead man walking.

Yes the manager can get the players up for a game but once they hit the field it's upto them to perform, tactics and set up only count as part of it.

If you're quoting 'peterhead wanted it more' then that to me means our players weren't showing enough desire to win on the night and you can't just blame the manager in that case.

It would be interesting to see the IC supporters list the improvements he has brought to the team since RN left.

Are Hearts all about training a coach to become a manager ? Do Hearts and the fans have to suffer hoping Cathro can make it as a manager. How many months or years have we got to suffer before this man either learns or fails as a manager.

The big question Craig Levein and Ann Budge should answer is:

Is that what our club has become a college for a coach to learn how to become a manager ?

I think our players and fans deserve better. For all you Cathro fans, and your numbers are decreasing every day, just think about what you want as a Hearts manager.

The Treasurer

Are Hearts all about training a coach to become a manager ? Do Hearts and the fans have to suffer hoping Cathro can make it as a manager. How many months or years have we got to suffer before this man either learns or fails as a manager.

The big question Craig Levein and Ann Budge should answer is:

Is that what our club has become a college for a coach to learn how to become a manager ?

I think our players and fans deserve better. For all you Cathro fans, and your numbers are decreasing every day, just think about what you want as a Hearts manager.

who, do you want as our manager.?

It's a simple question but so far you've failed to answer it

Hes not the only one Mitch, Cathro reminds me of the wee apprentice going down to the toolshop asking for a left

handed screwdriver, in time he might get there but not now.

How long do we wait before he learns or he fails and gets a job as a painter lol.

Aye but as you conveniently ignore my point there are Roasters like you at Celtic who will be going mental this morning.   Just waiting for any bit of negativity you can jump on.  Maybe you are a Hobo?

I'm waiting on a bit of positivity bud, I was blindly optimistic about the season ahead but that has been sucked out of me already. If I was a 'hobo' I'd be wanting Cathro to stay in a job.

A_A wehatethehibs

Yes the manager can get the players up for a game but once they hit the field it's upto them to perform, tactics and set up only count as part of it.

If you're quoting 'peterhead wanted it more' then that to me means our players weren't showing enough desire to win on the night and you can't just blame the manager in that case.

Let me spell it out for you: the head coach Ian Cathro is directly responsible for the way the players perform, their desire to win, their motivation, their shape, the tactics, the team spirit, the effort and commitment, the reaction to going a goal down, the concentration, all the other game management things, all 100% his responsibility. If any aspect of that is not working on a recurring basis, the blame is on the manager, not the players. That is how it works in football, there is no blaming players, the players are blameless, the buck stops with the manager.

Allowayjambo1874

We said the same against hibs in the cup, followed by partick in the league, then st Johnstone, Ross County the list goes on and on. Not saying motivation skills are the be all but it goes without saying there still seems to be no heart in this team as it was last season under IC.

Though it wasn't great results I think twice last season away from home we came back from two down to get draws under RN.

There is definitely a problem there.

gowestjambo

Why is this so difficult.

I'm not asking who WOULD take the job, I'm asking the Cathro-ooters to say who they WANT to take the job.

To me they have only half a plan which is as useful as no plan at all

I cannot imagine if the players on the field organised themselves it would be any worse than Cathro. 

gowestjambo

How long do we wait before he learns or he fails and gets a job as a painter lol.

Interesting to hear how he would manage the situation of how to pass the paint brush sideways 6 times before actually applying the paint!!

Jam Tarts 1874

Some of the stuff in this thread and throughout this site since the other night is actually libelous, yes it was a poor result, but that doesn't give anyone the right online or offline to take their frustrations out on any individual in such ways! It is a team, and from what I have seen it is not only Ian Cathro to blame. Why isn't there equal threads and abusive comments aimed at every player who fails to show up  .... because it was only "Peterhead", and the majority of other matches since he took over. Ian Cathro can send them out with his plan, the team have to carry that plan out! If they aren't capable as football professionals to carry those plans out they will be moved on and replaced with players who can, this is in progress with the clubs blessing.

No idea what the mods role are when monitoring this kind of stuff, but pretty sure if it was member to member spouting this level of abuse at one another, bans would be forthcoming! Why is it okay when directed at our current manager who thankfully has more important things to do than read the nonsense typed in here?

Libelous

:facepalm:

Quick, call a lawyer!

Cathro's plans are shite.

I fully accept some of the vitriol towards Cathro is uncalled for, it is getting way too personal and I am one of the biggest culprits.  It is not personal but here is the thing,  Cathro took on this job and this is the world of football management I am afraid.  If he doesn?t like it then he should choose another job.  When things go bad football fans are unrelenting and ruthless. It is a cut throat game and you live and die by the sword.  Sorry Ian but them is the harsh facts.  

Ron Burgundy

Interesting to hear how he would manage the situation of how to pass the paint brush sideways 6 times before actually applying the paint!!

Made me giggle but it's spot on.

It would be all about managing those moments.

I'm maybe being harsh calling him stubborn. He knows this is a huge opportunity to make a career for himself in his chosen industry. He's not just going to walk away from this because he's had a poor first 9 months. He'll want to turn things around because he'll know he may never get this chance again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not all about his career though or shouldn't be. Ok the guy wants a decent career as a Coach but he should put the team and club before his own personal ambitions.

If he doesn't then he should not be at Hearts.

If your theory is correct then either the Coach has the wrong tactics or the wrong players.

Either way that is his responsibilty and therefore he needs to be man enough to admit it and either change his tactics or resign.

It's too late in the day now to start replacing players that he has brought in

The Treasurer

I cannot imagine if the players on the field organised themselves it would be any worse than Cathro. 

So you're suggesting a player/manager type set-up.

Ok who takes that role, Berra, Hughes, one of the youth team ?

sandylejambo

You miss my point, when his eyes and brain get together since Cathro took over, do they automatically agree it is all down to Ian? If we took any of those "old school" managers mentioned in this thread, the best we can ever expect is to fight it out for 3rd or 4th. As a club, a brave decision was made to try something different. The coach's first full transfer window isn't yet closed and recruitment is in progress. Once he gets the squad required to carry out his philosophy, then results will improve, of that I have no doubt. He is not going anywhere. Get used to it

this is the third team he has put on the park, they all have one thing in common- they could all play with their best clothes on and go straight out afterwards with no sweat marks on their clobber, my 87 year old uncle moves about more than this lot, that is what this manager brings to the match day experience, a severe lack of passion,. my eyes have seen it for them-self's and told my brain, and I never played professional football,

Winston Ingram

this is the third team he has put on the park, they all have one thing in common- they could all play with their best clothes on and go straight out afterwards with no sweat marks on their clobber, my 87 year old uncle moves about more than this lot, that is what this manager brings to the match day experience, a severe lack of passion,. my eyes have seen it for them-self's and told my brain, and I never played professional football,

Berra? Lafferty? Smith? Cowie? For starters. Utter pish. 

tolcross lad

who, do you want as our manager.?

It's a simple question but so far you've failed to answer it

Its not simple in our clubs present situation.Posters have put forward ideas of managers they think would foot the bill.I could suggest Archibald for example.Normally the Board would have a candidate in mind or invite applications.At Hearts sitting on the Board is Craig Levein who is responsible and should be accountable for the football side of the club.Levein has been clear about his ideas and project to produce a line of young Head Coaches promoted from within the club.Levein is on record saying that Neilsons departure took the club by surprise and that none of the young coaches within the club were ready which is why he turned to Cathro.His failure would be Leveins failure.

One could argue that a decent manager popular among fans might be just the ticket at this stage in our history.But it isnt going to happen unless Levein changes his ideas or Ann Budge steps in .

Personally I think the DOF role is excessive for a club our size and think it serves the needs of Levein rather than the needs of the club.I see little point in suggesting managers names when it is a pointless excercise.The real issue is whether we agree with Leveins project or not.

Let me spell it out for you: the head coach Ian Cathro is directly responsible for the way the players perform, their desire to win, their motivation, their shape, the tactics, the team spirit, the effort and commitment, the reaction to going a goal down, the concentration, all the other game management things, all 100% his responsibility. If any aspect of that is not working on a recurring basis, the blame is on the manager, not the players. That is how it works in football, there is no blaming players, the players are blameless, the buck stops with the manager.

Your first reply to my post was this....

It had absolutely nothing to do with the formation or tactics and everything to do with Peterhead simply wanting it more.

Yet now you are including tactics in your argument for cathro not getting it right, can you say 100% he didn't get the players up for the game?

None of us know what was said in the dressing room before the match, cathro might have said all the right things but on the night the players just didn't perform.

I agree cathro takes most of the brunt but the players need to toughen up as well and start showing more too.

Its not simple in our clubs present situation.Posters have put forward ideas of managers they think would foot the bill.I could suggest Archibald for example.Normally the Board would have a candidate in mind or invite applications.At Hearts sitting on the Board is Craig Levein who is responsible and should be accountable for the football side of the club.Levein has been clear about his ideas and project to produce a line of young Head Coaches promoted from within the club.Levein is on record saying that Neilsons departure took the club by surprise and that none of the young coaches within the club were ready which is why he turned to Cathro.His failure would be Leveins failure.

One could argue that a decent manager popular among fans might be just the ticket at this stage in our history.But it isnt going to happen unless Levein changes his ideas or Ann Budge steps in .

Personally I think the DOF role is excessive for a club our size and think it serves the needs of Levein rather than the needs of the club.I see little point in suggesting managers names when it is a pointless excercise.The real issue is whether we agree with Leveins project or not.

Listen, Levein wanted Cathro before he apoointed Neilson but Cathro rejected the job as he felt he was not ready for it and he is proving that he is still not ready for it.

I think most people would agree that it takes a bigger man to admit he has got something wrong that to continue blindly sticking to a plan that is clearly not working.

He should be holding his hands up and saying look things are not working properly at the moment and we should install an experienced Manager in the interim period until we have our own home bred Coaches that can watch and learn ready to take over when the time is right.

The real issue is that Levein's ego is bigger than his passion for the right thing for Hearts.

I'm waiting on a bit of positivity bud, I was blindly optimistic about the season ahead but that has been sucked out of me already. If I was a 'hobo' I'd be wanting Cathro to stay in a job.

Let's see where we are come October.  Lafferty and Berra have bought in to the club including Cathro.  There must be something there.  Budge is so busy trying to get the stadium ready that the last thing she needs is having to find a new manager.  Nothing is going to change for the forseeable future so it is what it is.  Protests and calls for manager to leave now do nothing to help the club.  6 months time? Maybe then.

He has my full backing until January before I make a judgement.

We could be sitting bottom of the league by then.

Archived