Come on Ann get Cathro sacked ( merged )

mitch41

The DoF isn't failing? Really?

He's taken us from a seriously promising position to relegation material in less than a year with his experimental nonsense, the buck stops with him as it's him who hires these complete duds, and he's way out of his depth as he doesn't even recognise the fact that we're utterly rancid to watch.

We're getting do much right off the pitch, and so much wrong where it counts, and he has to be accountable for that, no excuses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He did also get us into that promising position though to be fair.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Our DOF is not failing?Two novice managers appointed,to satisfy his ego,your having a laugh!

Nail on head. A guy like levein couldn't work with a more successful manager than him so he has brought in rookies to the detriment of the club as a whole.

Part of me wants Cathro to gtf for the disaster that was the end of last season but then who do we get in to replace him? Who would want to be in charge whilst Levein is watching over their shoulder? It certainly wouldn't be Houston or Wright.

FWIW I think that sticking with Ian and Austin is the way forward, we will win convincingly tomorrow and I don't think there's any chance of us getting beat at ER in October. Not with the likes of Christophe and Kyle in the team, they will get the boys up for it.

The Old Tolbooth

He did also get us into that promising position though to be fair.

He did, and it was cracking whilst we were there, I enjoyed his tweets about it having fun with the fans, and now....well....he's just in hiding as he knows it's went Pete Tong.

It's a shame really as I was desperate for him to do well in that role, but I just want us to be a normal club with a normal manager again, it's not much to ask.

Our DOF is not failing?Two novice managers appointed,to satisfy his ego,your having a laugh!

One worked. One hasn't so far. So a 50% record. Not bad. Next one will be the decider.

Part of me wants Cathro to gtf for the disaster that was the end of last season but then who do we get in to replace him? Who would want to be in charge whilst Levein is watching over their shoulder? It certainly wouldn't be Houston or Wright.

FWIW I think that sticking with Ian and Austin is the way forward, we will win convincingly tomorrow and I don't think there's any chance of us getting beat at ER in October. Not with the likes of Christophe and Kyle in the team, they will get the boys up for it.

I want Cathro given a chance but Houston's worked for Levein at Hearts, Leicester, D Utd and Scotland!

davemclaren

He's taken us from a seriously promising position to relegation material in less than a year with his experimental nonsense, the buck stops with him as it's him who hires these complete duds, and he's way out of his depth as he doesn't even recognise the fact that we're utterly rancid to watch.

We're getting do much right off the pitch, and so much wrong where it counts, and he has to be accountable for that, no excuses!

Rekegation material? The league hasn't even started yet.

The Old Tolbooth

Rekegation material? The league hasn't even started yet.

Is that recognition or relegation Dave? [emoji3]

Take the last part of last season and it was absolute relegation form, I've seen nothing this season so far against much inferior opposition to suggest anything has changed, I know it's early days, but the warning signs are there.

What happens now Dave? Do I get locked out of this thread because I've dared to criticise Hearts? Or do I get served with a ban? [emoji23]

davemclaren

Is that recognition or relegation Dave? [emoji3]

Take the last part of last season and it was absolute relegation form, I've seen nothing this season so far against much inferior opposition to suggest anything has changed, I know it's early days, but the warning signs are there.

What happens now Dave? Do I get locked out of this thread because I've dared to criticise Hearts? Or do I get served with a ban? [emoji23]

Yeah, we don't allow any criticism of Hearts on here. That much is obvious. :)

The Old Tolbooth

Yeah, we don't allow any criticism of Hearts on here. That much is obvious. :)

I know, that's why I hardly post these days [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Darren Jackson scored a screamer for us.

Glad I can't remember it. Wish I couldn't remember the other one too!

I'm hoping to see a big reaction from the players tomorrow. Can't see guys like Lafferty and Berra accepting another performance like Peterhead.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'm hoping to see a big reaction from the players tomorrow. Can't see guys like Lafferty and Berra accepting another performance like Peterhead.

I agree. We have better characters in the dressing room now

you seem like the type that would want locke back and saying "he knew how to get the players up for a game , forgetting all the sh1t3 that we watched that season and refused to look at garys record since then.you do realise without Craig we would more than likely stop be in the championship. Budgement day would never of happened we wouldn't have singed the player we did that year. What I am struggling to see is now fast people are forgetting about the last 2 and a half seasons. Bad appointments happen. Look at Brian Clough at Leeds! do you really think teams like barcelona , real Madrid etc blame there dof for performances on the pitch? We've had a bad run against hibs, one poor transfer window, one bad managerial appointment in three years. If you got offered that for the next three years would you take it?

The Old Tolbooth

you seem like the type that would want locke back and saying "he knew how to get the players up for a game , forgetting all the sh1t3 that we watched that season and refused to look at garys record since then.you do realise without Craig we would more than likely stop be in the championship. Budgement day would never of happened we wouldn't have singed the player we did that year. What I am struggling to see is now fast people are forgetting about the last 2 and a half seasons. Bad appointments happen. Look at Brian Clough at Leeds! do you really think teams like barcelona , real Madrid etc blame there dof for performances on the pitch? We've had a bad run against hibs, one poor transfer window, one bad managerial appointment in three years. If you got offered that for the next three years would you take it?

Another happy clapping jammy wearer, thankfully they're getting less and less. [emoji3]

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I agree with most of this post regarding our DOF, problem is Cathro is horse shit and he's refusing to fire him saving our season before its begun.

You're about 5 hours late with your reply and I'm about 8 beers in so I can't be bothered going over it again.....read back.

Another happy clapping jammy wearer, thankfully they're getting less and less. [emoji3]

"happy clapping jammy wearer" because I don't think sacking a manager who comes in half way through a season a smart move, to then bring in someone else for it to possibly happening again? Also sacking our dof to bring in another one? Just out of curiosity if we got rid of Craig and ian . Who would make the appointment of a new head coach? Let Ann budge bring in some footballing dinosaur? To work with players he hasn't signed, for him to use as an excuse the whole season that they aren't his players judge me the next again? You really don't think about things in the long run, your probably a Neilson hater too!

I agree with most of this post regarding our DOF, problem is Cathro is horse shit and he's refusing to fire him saving our season before its begun.

I get what your saying, I'm not happy atm with cathro but im all for giving him to January, give him one whole year, no improvements and he should be gone. No ifs no buts!

The Old Tolbooth

You're about 5 hours late with your reply and I'm about 8 beers in so I can't be bothered going over it again.....read back.

Some of us tend to work for a living and are too busy to sit on here waiting on replies.

"happy clapping jammy wearer" because I don't think sacking a manager who comes in half way through a season a smart move, to then bring in someone else for it to possibly happening again? Also sacking our dof to bring in another one? Just out of curiosity if we got rid of Craig and ian . Who would make the appointment of a new head coach? Let Ann budge bring in some footballing dinosaur? To work with players he hasn't signed, for him to use as an excuse the whole season that they aren't his players judge me the next again? You really don't think about things in the long run, your probably a Neilson hater too!

She already brought in a dinosaur, seriously, if our fans are happy with Cathro then the game's a bogey!

fraz the postie

Let's get Cathro sacked,let's get levein sacked,budge is keek she just moans about the fans.

Why don't we just dismantle the club that WE as supporters have saved ,

So you's greetin faced moan about anything auld gits are eventually happy ?,

Naw,don't think so.

Let the club get some momentum without picking up on every thing that you think is wrong,

You are not a professional highly rated football coach,

You are a waster (excuse my presumption),

Let him do the football coaching,the decisions,the business .

You do what you do.

IMHO.

Some of us tend to work for a living and are too busy to sit on here waiting on replies.

She already brought in a dinosaur, seriously, if our fans are happy with Cathro then the game's a bogey!

it was half a season! The peterhead game was a dodgy one but I'll wait and see. I'm very positive that come the end of October i can qoute all your idiotic posts and ask you if you still want the lot of them gone

The Old Tolbooth

it was half a season! The peterhead game was a dodgy one but I'll wait and see. I'm very positive that come the end of October i can qoute all your idiotic posts and ask you if you still want the lot of them gone

Just the Peterhead game?

The Shed Floodlight

Losing to East Stirlingshire at home and Queen's Park away in the league were worse as far as I am concerned.

Just the Peterhead game?

two wins and a defeat? Yes just the peterhead game with season. Sorry to burst your bubble or have you stopped watching us?

Let's get Cathro sacked,let's get levein sacked,budge is keek she just moans about the fans.

Naw,don't think so.

Let the club get some momentum without picking up on every thing that you think is wrong,

You do what you do.

IMHO.

this 100% well said

The Old Tolbooth

two wins and a defeat? Yes just the peterhead game with season. Sorry to burst your bubble or have you stopped watching us?

Okay, enjoy your happy clapping with that rubbish being served up, I really hope you prove me wrong if I'm being honest, but I just can't see it.

kingantti1874

Naw,don't think so.

You do what you do.

IMHO.

Bit dramatic mate.. We've got a bad manager.. Like many us before us.. It's hardly the apocalypse.. He will be sacked soon enough and then we move on up

Okay, enjoy your happy clapping with that rubbish being served up, I really hope you prove me wrong if I'm being honest, but I just can't see it.

I will don't worry, enjoy sitting with a sour puss when the third goes in tomorrow :)

davemclaren

I know, that's why I hardly post these days [emoji6]

You are still here though. You have picked up some cliched terms though. ;)

kingantti1874

I get what your saying, I'm not happy atm with cathro but im all for giving him to January, give him one whole year, no improvements and he should be gone. No ifs no buts!

What constitutes improvement. Worst in the SPL to 2nd worst?

The Old Tolbooth

I will don't worry, enjoy sitting with a sour puss when the third goes in tomorrow :)

I'd be delighted! I'm spending the day with Pars fans as we're celebrating the first birthday of a beautiful wee girl who we're godparents to, and I'll maybe just wear my top for a bit added spice [emoji106]

You are still here though. You have picked up some cliched terms though. ;)

Check my posting history of late Dave, I barely even check in to this site any more, let alone post on it [emoji106]

davemclaren

I'd be delighted! I'm spending the day with Pars fans as we're celebrating the first birthday of a beautiful wee girl who we're godparents to, and I'll maybe just wear my top for a bit added spice [emoji106]

Check my posting history of late Dave, I barely even check in to this site any more, let alone post on it [emoji106]

I know. I was making the point that you haven't been banned for being negative. :)

I'm sure you would be :)

What constitutes improvement. Worst in the SPL to 2nd worst?

from 5th to 4th or above anything less than 5th isn't good enough

The Old Tolbooth

Do you really think under Cathro we can achieve top four?

Do you really think under Cathro we can achieve top four?

honestly give him till January enjoy the football on show, I think we will all be shocked, this debate was never about cathro it was about levein, I'm a manager at my work and I would be absolutely fuming if I got the pint because of a new worker. I think he will come good, on way to the pub now before the game, will post after the game, "we've got Ian cathro"

I reckon a sacking after a defeat in LC round robin match would've made us an absolute laughing stock. Same with Rangers v2.0 and the their loss to the team from Luxembourg that I cannot remember the name of.

The Old Tolbooth

honestly give him till January enjoy the football on show, I think we will all be shocked, this debate was never about cathro it was about levein, I'm a manager at my work and I would be absolutely fuming if I got the pint because of a new worker. I think he will come good, on way to the pub now before the game, will post after the game, "we've got Ian cathro"

I admire your optimism, I really do, enjoy the game pal, fingers crossed we get the right result [emoji106]

The Silent Assassin

This goon needs sacked and sacked ASAP he is visibly sucking the feel good factor and confidence out of this club by the hour and any body that cannot see this is either in denial or stupid

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

This goon needs sacked and sacked ASAP he is visibly sucking the feel good factor and confidence out of this club by the hour and any body that cannot see this is either in denial or stupid

Correct.

kingantti1874

Sorry Cathro takes no credit for 5th.. His form was 12th.. But in general I'd agree.. 4th for me

We all wanted it to work. When cathro was getting a pasting from the Scottish dinosaurs we all rallied around him and were desperate for him to succeed. There has been no improvement,nothing has changed. Why should we allow him to ruin two seasons instead of just one?

Also lets not forget Levein. The whole idea of his role is that we have continuity when we change managers, well that has been a complete and utter disaster. The January transfer window was a total joke and goes against everything that we are supposed to be building for.

We are into year 4 now and we are going backwards.

absolutely nail on head.superb post.

kingantti1874

15 posts all defending Cathro.. Nowt to say on ant other subject.. Red flag

johncomets2

honking man.  i've been very pro giving cathro a full preseason and a chance.  two results like this in a row is it for me.  he was given longer than robbie would have gotten as well.  he needs to go.  the players though, should be ashamed of themselves for this crap.  underperforming jokers.

I really think you need to have a wee sniff of coffee or maybe something stronger.

Our DOF is not failing and Ann Budge has rebuilt the club! The head coach part you can have!

Rudy T has been found guilty of being ignorant of football management. I will refuse to listen to someone who thinks our Director of Football is not failing. I mean he was the man who wanted Catbro.

Archived