Come on Ann get Cathro sacked ( merged )

mitch41

Let's see where we are come October.  Lafferty and Berra have bought in to the club including Cathro.  There must be something there.  Budge is so busy trying to get the stadium ready that the last thing she needs is having to find a new manager.  Nothing is going to change for the forseeable future so it is what it is.  Protests and calls for manager to leave now do nothing to help the club.  6 months time? Maybe then.

Maybe that's part of the problem that AB is trying to juggle too much and paying too much attention to matters away from the pitch.

Perhaps she has put too much faith in CL, surely she can see that the team are miles away from being the finished article.

It suited Berra to come to us due to his family issues and Lafferty saw us as an opportunity to get regular football to allow him to continue his international career.

I am sure that they will be the highest earners at the club.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucille's Thirsty

We will win comfortably on Saturday and all will be forgotten

That's what I'm afraid of mate,Cathro is not good enough we need much much better and deservedly so.

gowestjambo

So you're suggesting a player/manager type set-up.

Ok who takes that role, Berra, Hughes, one of the youth team ?

No, not even that complex. I am suggesting if the players were left to their own devices they would perform better than being managed by Cathro! (lets face it they could hardly do worse)

The Treasurer

No, not even that complex. I am suggesting if the players were left to their own devices they would perform better than being managed by Cathro! (lets face it they could hardly do worse)

Do you honestly believe that a group of players without any guidance at all, would be able to decide, formation, line-up etc.

What happens if two players want to play centre forward, do they have a fight to see who gets the jersey ?

What you are suggesting is even more ridiculous than employing a rookie head coach

Big Slim Stylee

How long do we wait before he learns or he fails and gets a job as a painter lol.

My you're a funny man. Actually no, you're not.

That's what I'm afraid of mate,Cathro is not good enough we need much much better and deservedly so.

I find that the prospect of relegation sharpens the mind fearful anxiety trigger.

Listen, Levein wanted Cathro before he apoointed Neilson but Cathro rejected the job as he felt he was not ready for it and he is proving that he is still not ready for it.

I think most people would agree that it takes a bigger man to admit he has got something wrong that to continue blindly sticking to a plan that is clearly not working.

He should be holding his hands up and saying look things are not working properly at the moment and we should install an experienced Manager in the interim period until we have our own home bred Coaches that can watch and learn ready to take over when the time is right.

The real issue is that Levein's ego is bigger than his passion for the right thing for Hearts.

:spoton:

sandylejambo

Berra? Lafferty? Smith? Cowie? For starters. Utter pish. 

4 players who run out of 11, and Cowie can only run he cant play football, so only a bit pish, it's a day for wild statements.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Cathro has nothing to do with all this.He is employed to be head coach by Hearts and will do his best.Ann Budge is the owner and if she cannot see that he is not up for the job then she must go.I think he will get first 5 games of season as of today.If pars play good football and beat Hearts she will make move for Johnstone and Clark on Monday 2 ex Hearts players plan B has to be better than plan A

Sandy Clark has already been hearts manager and he wasn't very good. Next.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Can we all agree it's win or bust for this management team on Saturday?

Dallas Green

While I understand the sentiment.

The hashtag is just completely shan.

Captain America

Although i agree, couldn't this have been included in one of the existing Cathro threads, there is a few to choose from. 

Billybuffjaw

It could well be but I'm confident we'll win and progress, no harm done.

August Landmesser

Nope.

Agreed. If we lose Cathro and Levein out. Keep MacPhee.

The Natural Order

Agree with some of the comments above. Doesn't matter how many fans think he should go/be gone already, Ann won't sack him because she's been taken in by our director of football.

Your first reply to my post was this....

It had absolutely nothing to do with the formation or tactics and everything to do with Peterhead simply wanting it more.

Yet now you are including tactics in your argument for cathro not getting it right, can you say 100% he didn't get the players up for the game?

None of us know what was said in the dressing room before the match, cathro might have said all the right things but on the night the players just didn't perform.

I agree cathro takes most of the brunt but the players need to toughen up as well and start showing more too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I know what was said my source in the dressing room told me...

Cathro's team talk...

Reet custodians of the football garment known as a strip belonging too the establishment of Heart of Midlothian formed in the year of 1874. Tonight on this day which has become evening and in turn will be known as night, you my gladiatorial exponents of the spherical object known as a ball will take to the field of vegetation against those of lesser level of skill to those you have acquired throughout your existence within the realms of footballing excellence. These lesser mortals should not be of the same substantial physical conditioning as you my gladiators, these mere men have already completed their labour for today and are here to enhance the enjoyment factor of those who stand aside the vegetation to view. We must control the scoreline and manipulate the spherical object between our units and aim our strikes towards the stationery white netted rectangulars at the end of the lined playing surface......

I can tell you much more my source was sleeping for the rest!

Can I ask what the point of this (in my opinion pointless) thread is all about?

Are you deliberately rallying troops to further turn on Cathro should we lose?

If we win, will you give him a break and support the management team or will you start another (in my opinion pointless) thread next time we lose?  

HaymarketJambo

Agreed. If we lose Cathro and Levein out. Keep MacPhee.

This.  

And add John Murray to that list. 

OmiyaHearts

Unfortunately not.

They didn't walk after Peterhead so I doubt they'll walk if we struggle against Dunfermline.

Levein won't sack them. Whatever happens result-wise I think Cathro will be in charge for the Celtic game.

If by some strange turn of events they do go, then we'll end up with another rookie coach. Not much to look forward to really.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Can I ask what the point of this (in my opinion pointless) thread is all about?

Are you deliberately rallying troops to further turn on Cathro should we lose?

If we win, will you give him a break and support the management team or will you start another (in my opinion pointless) thread next time we lose?

Listen. It's in response to the deafening silence from the FOH on the elephant in the room that is the current management structure and extreme downturn in results since the new manager was appointed.

Ann Budge is doing a magnificent job off the pitch,but on the pitch it's a disaster waiting to happen at the moment.

Performance

If we don't qualify from a group of 2 part time teams and a championship club, he cannot possibly survive the humiliation that would bring.

The Internet

Thread title is confusing. Should it not be like #webetterwin or some such?

This place is so crawling it's impossible to tell who's vermin, who's an Internet weirdo only interested in being proven right on Kickback, and who's just a total roaster. FFS, we've made some good signings and there's lots to be positive about. Aye, it was a shocking result, but better teams than us have struggled against part-timers away from home in the cup. Stop being such a bunch of pussies.

We've got a new stand to be positive about. Other than that we've got a hopeless team, a clueless manager and an atrocious derby record.

Let me know if I got any of that wrong.

Bazzas right boot

Yes.

And can the multiple threads on Cathro stop after every game if we do?

Already bust as far as I'm concerned. Beating Dunfermline will not rectify that.

A decent run in the league could resurrect my opinion of them, though, to having some level of hope. I just can't see it happening.

Yes.

And can the multiple threads on Cathro stop after every game if we do?

That's bound to happen.

:Aye:

Listen. It's in response to the deafening silence from the FOH on the elephant in the room that is the current management structure and extreme downturn in results since the new manager was appointed.

Ann Budge is doing a magnificent job off the pitch,but on the pitch it's a disaster waiting to happen at the moment.

Failure to answer any of the questions posed.

Credibility of thread 0.

The Pars will be well up for the game and should bring a decent support. Shaping up to be a tense and hopefully exciting afternoon. Really need to score first if we are going to win. I fear for us if we go a goal down.

If things don't improve much he'll be gone soon enough. But not after this game. You'll just have to wait and seethe.

Cruyff Turn

Yes.

Losing on Saturday would be unacceptable and it would spell the end.

However,

It's not going to happen. We will win and play very well on Saturday, we will absolutely dominate them in every aspect of the game. We will then go to Celtic Park and give them a game and everyone will shut up and realise that we are progressing and trying to play good football.

Peterhead was a bad day at the office, the players obviously didn't take it seriously enough and never got out of 3rd gear, which is unacceptable, we're much more capable than that and they'll have had a fright. Maybe the wake up call which was needed, their holidays are over and we are down to business.

The League Cup is and certainly never should be seen as anything other than a great prize to win, especially for a club that hasn't won it it 50 odd years, which for a club of our standing is a disgrace.

Wasn't it pretty widely agreed we were looking much better this season until Peterhead game?

Sacking a manager before the league season has started ffs.  :wallbash:

upgotheheads

I think you might be right. Being knocked out of a cup in a one-off tie against lower league opposition is one thing, that can happen, but to fail to qualify from a league in which every other team comes from lower divisions is not acceptable.

If that happens then the next four games will be critical. Even though they're away games if we don't take at least 6 points from them then it's shoogly peg time as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody's getting sacked before the season even starts

The season started at Elgin mate, do keep up.

Lucille's Thirsty

What a laughing stock we are being made to look like.

Bunny Munro

Pars or bust makes it sound like Cathro will be off the hook should be win.

If we fail to get out of the group then Cathro should go in my opinion. It's one of our only realistic chances of silverware.

If we win (or go through as best runners up) then Cathro still needs to keep the team improving. We brought in good players in Jan and he failed to make it work, we blamed the short term contracts. He's brought in good players in good contracts his time. He is running out of excuses.

I was well behind the appointment, and think we will win on Sat and that Cathro can turn us around, but if we don't, it's going to be impossible for him to recover IMO.

Escobar PHM

It's not going to happen. We will win and play very well on Saturday, we will absolutely dominate them in every aspect of the game.

I feel we will. I'm baw deep on Hearts minus 2 (if and when Wm Hill realises theres a game on)

I'm willing to write Peterhead off as a blip. Nae mare results and performances like that though eh Ian !!!!!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

His times already up. He's an awful manager, it isn't even up for debate. Giving him more time when he's clearly not capable is just so ****ing stupid.

All we're doing is further damaging ourselves and his chance of ever getting a chance of management again in the future.

#bootlaptop

Cruyff Turn

I feel we will. I'm baw deep on Hearts minus 2 (if and when Wm Hill realises theres a game on)

I'm willing to write Peterhead off as a blip. Nae mare results and performances like that though eh Ian !!!!!

We will ****ing hammer them just to prove a point. I'll be taking that -2 as well sounds good.

sandylejambo

Already bust as far as I'm concerned. Beating Dunfermline will not rectify that.

A decent run in the league could resurrect my opinion of them, though, to having some level of hope. I just can't see it happening.

that's the problem isn't it? even if we can turn over Dunfermline we are not expecting much from our league games, our standards are so low a few people were not shocked when Peterhead beat us.

that's the problem isn't it? even if we can turn over Dunfermline we are not expecting much from our league games, our standards are so low a few people were not shocked when Peterhead beat us.

Yup. And those expectations are not based on a single "preseason" game, as some want to frame it, but instead from an utterly abject league and cup campaign since Cathro took over.

Archived