Come on Ann get Cathro sacked ( merged )

mitch41

Unknown user

And is Cathro's position on the agenda. Will/should the directors discuss sacking Cathro.

FFS mate

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mars plastic

And is Cathro's position on the agenda. Will/should the directors discuss sacking Cathro.

Get to your bed, lad.

Big Slim Stylee

I sure I would've got a win as manager with what team he put out against Peterhead,that was perhaps our strongest eleven bar Souttar and he still managed to lose.

He's clueless mate.

"Clueless" as a manager in this league and understanding what it takes. "Fud" no. I'm not going to sit there and tell Cade, who I've never met, that he's allowed to criticize, but the level of personal abuse on here really does my head in, nowadays.  There's some awful, angry people on here :(

Lucille's Thirsty

"Clueless" as a manager in this league and understanding what it takes. "Fud" no. I'm not going to sit there and tell Cade, who I've never met, that he's allowed to criticize, but the level of personal abuse on here really does my head in, nowadays. There's some awful, angry people on here :(

I wouldn't get personal with the man but he's out of his depth and the longer he's here the more toxic I become towards him,it feels as though he's taking the piss sometimes.

Lucille's Thirsty

Cathro wouldn't even be mentioned in any board meeting.

kingantti1874

I'm maybe being harsh calling him stubborn. He knows this is a huge opportunity to make a career for himself in his chosen industry. He's not just going to walk away from this because he's had a poor first 9 months. He'll want to turn things around because he'll know he may never get this chance again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He almost certainly won't.. He will go back to coaching when the inevitable happens.. No one at the top level will give him a management gig again..

Ps.. Anne Budge didn't get to the top of her industry without being ruthless.. I've no doubt she won't be afraid to pull the trigger if we don't see improvement soon.

Next Tuesday 7:45 im bringing the biscuits.....and im raging enough that i aint bringing digestives instead its blue ribands.

This ****ing place.

Mars plastic

Cathro wouldn't even be mentioned in any board meeting.

I think his name would be top of the agenda.

Get to your bed, lad.

Best advice he's had for a while. Hopefully he wakes up and has forgotten his log in details!

Towards the end of last season I became apathetic towards the results. I felt that we were in the top six and were not going to win a game and that's fine, it was an end of season game for five games. But as we get nearer to the start of this season, we really should be doing a lot better but we are not. And it's down to the style of football he wants us to play. It's not working and he needs to change it to win games. He has made a rod for his own back or something. 

Next Tuesday 7:45 im bringing the biscuits.....and im raging enough that i aint bringing digestives instead its blue ribands.

This ******* place.

Always enjoy a blue riband event.... :)

I disagree about this being one of the worst results in our history, and I'm sorry but the time of the season definitely is a factor, also is the fact that this is a new team playing together and also a new formation for many

It is probably THE worst result in our history, look at Dundee with as many new players as us went away to Cowdenbeath from the same division as Peterhead & won convincingly tonight

Lucille's Thirsty

I think his name would be top of the agenda.

Your right he'd probs get a new contract.

The_razors_edge

He almost certainly won't.. He will go back to coaching when the inevitable happens.. No one at the top level will give him a management gig again..

Ps.. Anne Budge didn't get to the top of her industry without being ruthless.. I've no doubt she won't be afraid to pull the trigger if we don't see improvement soon.

Mrs B pulling the trigger would be an admission that her man CL has got it wrong and would totally undermine his position and any agreed long term strategy between him and Mrs B. I'm not sure it's as clear cut as you make out. As I said in my initial post I don't see the club pushing the panic button. If I'm wrong we can meet back here and you can say "I told you so" [emoji1303]

Mars plastic

Your right he'd probs get a new contract.

Think we can assume there will be a board meeting hastily arranged on Saturday evening if we are papped out the LC.

Mrs B pulling the trigger would be an admission that her man CL has got it wrong and would totally undermine his position and any agreed long term strategy between him and Mrs B. I'm not sure it's as clear cut as you make out. As I said in my initial post I don't see the club pushing the panic button. If I'm wrong we can meet back here and you can say "I told you so" [emoji1303]

Agree with this.

Lucille's Thirsty

Think we can assume there will be a board meeting hastily arranged on Saturday evening if we are papped out the LC.

He beat Dunfermline and everything will be forgotten,he's like that shite that just refuses to be flushed.

If he loses against Dunfermline that good as it means he's gone.

That's how far I've got with Cathro he needs to go before things turn toxic IMO.

I've just said I wouldn't mind if Hearts lost can't believe it.

kingantti1874

My own view, from a youth development perspective CL is doing a grand job, fr His long term strategy from a managerial succession point of view is fundamentally flawed, a complete waste of time, he has not considered all the factors and it will not persist beyond Ann budge..

In terms of on the pitch now.. Every day the Cathro termination is delayed is a black mark.. You don't get every decision correct.. Being a good boss is about how you deal with mistakes.

Big Slim Stylee

I wouldn't get personal with the man but he's out of his depth and the longer he's here the more toxic I become towards him,it feels as though he's taking the piss sometimes.

But he's without a doubt a talented, hard-working, decent coach and a man.

And yet you feel it's ok to use that sort of language against him?

Really, I give up at what forums allow for people now. It's terrible what this place, and other mediums have become :(

Mars plastic

I feel sorry for the laddie. It's clear to see it's not working and Levein needs to take him out of the firing line fir his own good. I think folk also forget he's only recently turned 31 and in charge of one of the biggest clubs in Scotland. I was up the town getting up to all sorts when I was that age without a care in the world.

Lucille's Thirsty

I feel sorry for the laddie. It's clear to see it's not working and Levein needs to take him out of the firing line fir his own good. I think folk also forget he's only recently turned 31 and in charge of one of the biggest clubs in Scotland. I was up the town getting up to all sorts when I was that age without a care in the world.

It's not his fault.

He's not good enough that's all.

I wish I was wrong but sadly I'm not.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

It is probably THE worst result in our history, look at Dundee with as many new players as us went away to Cowdenbeath from the same division as Peterhead & won convincingly tonight

No chance.

Mars plastic

It's not his fault.

He's not good enough that's all.

I wish I was wrong but sadly I'm not.

We were all desperate for him to do well after him taking a pounding in the press and media from folk like Boyd and Craggsy, or whatever his name is. It's not going to get any better, quite the opposite.

Lucille's Thirsty

We were all desperate for him to do well after him taking a pounding in the press and media from folk like Boyd and Craggsy, or whatever his name is. It's not going to get any better, quite the opposite.

I was sticking up for Cathro then because he hasn't been giving a chance,Boyd's comments rubbed me up the wrong way and were out of order but by the looks of it there are spot on.

When Boyd is right about something it's safe to say it's not working.

colinmaroon

"Clueless" as a manager in this league and understanding what it takes. "Fud" no. I'm not going to sit there and tell Cade, who I've never met, that he's allowed to criticize, but the level of personal abuse on here really does my head in, nowadays.  There's some awful, angry people on here :(

Mostof them would kack their breeks in a face-to-face meeting.

Sorry if that's a bit offensive for the 9 year olds on this thread.

Big Slim Stylee

Mostof them would kack their breeks in a face-to-face meeting.

Sorry if that's a bit offensive for the 9 year olds on this thread.

It's really lost the plot on here, man :(

waynefozzie

This place is so crawling it's impossible to tell who's vermin, who's an Internet weirdo only interested in being proven right on Kickback, and who's just a total roaster. FFS, we've made some good signings and there's lots to be positive about. Aye, it was a shocking result, but better teams than us have struggled against part-timers away from home in the cup. Stop being such a bunch of pussies.

Big Slim Stylee

This place is so crawling it's impossible to tell who's vermin, who's an Internet weirdo only interested in being proven right on Kickback, and who's just a total roaster. FFS, we've made some good signings and there's lots to be positive about. Aye, it was a shocking result, but better teams than us have struggled against part-timers away from home in the cup. Stop being such a bunch of pussies.

I think the roaster brigade win out. It's depressing how bitter and entitled some of our "support" seem to be on this forum. 

People like that twat Mitch41 do my head in, tbh.  They're the last people you'd ever want to sit next to. You go to a game for enjoyment, not to listen to a thick, abusive neanderthal. There are people on here that will argue well we've got it wrong. I think we have, a bit....

waynefozzie

I think the roaster brigade win out. It's depressing how bitter and entitled some of our "support" seem to be on this forum.

I agree mate. It's so frustrating cause I think what happens online actually affects morale around the club. Sports journalists basically look at places like this to understand the "mood of the fans" and then they feed that into coverage and questions at press conferences. And the same few folk with their agendas create a negative atmosphere that does impact on the team. It's mental that with all the players we've brought in, and all the hopes we should have for the new season, it takes just one match for the usual suspects to restart their crusades. It's overwhelmingly the same people who were on Nielson's back, and when Cathro goes - which won't be any time soon, BTW - they'll sure as shite be on the new guy's back. "Support" - the clue's in the word FFS

kingantti1874

I agree mate. It's so frustrating cause I think what happens online actually affects morale around the club. Sports journalists basically look at places like this to understand the "mood of the fans" and then they feed that into coverage and questions at press conferences. And the same few folk with their agendas create a negative atmosphere that does impact on the team. It's mental that with all the players we've brought in, and all the hopes we should have for the new season, it takes just one match for the usual suspects to restart their crusades. It's overwhelmingly the same people who were on Nielson's back, and when Cathro goes - which won't be any time soon, BTW - they'll sure as shite be on the new guy's back. "Support" - the clue's in the word FFS

What a ridiculous post.. A very small number of Hearts fans were on Neilson's back.. The majority are on cyshros back because his records stands on its own.

Some comments on kickback hurt morale more Losing every game? As for entitlement... No not entitlement.. Expectation.. Managing a big club comes with expectation. He is failing in spectacular style tonlive up to expectations

Folk are forgetting that these are CUP games.

It may be the "diddy cup" but I for one wouldn't mind winning it after the St Mirren debacle and if Cathro is let loose on this season another Peterhead moment is sure to come in the Scottish.

Ok so we took a sore one on Tuesday but we did change formation to 4-4-2 and cathro probably felt it was a game he could experiment in alas playing the 3-4-3 we've used in all games so far would've been better.

What I don't get is why do change our formation for away games? (Lets not forget Robbie did this as well) do Aberdeen and Celtic change formation every away game?

I get that maybe against Celtic you need something a bit different but if 3-4-3 works against Elgin and east fife them it'll work against peterhead.

Let's see if cathro has learned anything from Tuesday before putting him in front of the firing squad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A_A wehatethehibs

Ok so we took a sore one on Tuesday but we did change formation to 4-4-2 and cathro probably felt it was a game he could experiment in alas playing the 3-4-3 we've used in all games so far would've been better.

What I don't get is why do change our formation for away games? (Lets not forget Robbie did this as well) do Aberdeen and Celtic change formation every away game?

I get that maybe against Celtic you need something a bit different but if 3-4-3 works against Elgin and east fife them it'll work against peterhead.

Let's see if cathro has learned anything from Tuesday before putting him in front of the firing squad.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the formation or tactics and everything to do with Peterhead simply wanting it more.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the formation or tactics and everything to do with Peterhead simply wanting it more.

If it was just a case of them wanting it more than that's the players fault not cathro's?

Harry Potter

You really haven't a clue.

Hes not the only one Mitch, Cathro reminds me of the wee apprentice going down to the toolshop asking for a left

handed screwdriver, in time he might get there but not now.

This will rumble on until we are in a right shit **** of a situation.Probably too late in the day to save us type situation.They have to hold their hands up and just admit they got this wrong.

Some of the stuff in this thread and throughout this site since the other night is actually libelous, yes it was a poor result, but that doesn't give anyone the right online or offline to take their frustrations out on any individual in such ways! It is a team, and from what I have seen it is not only Ian Cathro to blame. Why isn't there equal threads and abusive comments aimed at every player who fails to show up  .... because it was only "Peterhead", and the majority of other matches since he took over. Ian Cathro can send them out with his plan, the team have to carry that plan out! If they aren't capable as football professionals to carry those plans out they will be moved on and replaced with players who can, this is in progress with the clubs blessing.

The seeding is Europe teams plus best 4 group winners so we will not be seeded in next round so could get Livingston or Ayr

Harry Potter

The seeding is Europe teams plus best 4 group winners so we will not be seeded in next round so could get Livingston or Ayr

Thats a relief then, or is it.

kingantti1874

Some of the stuff in this thread and throughout this site since the other night is actually libelous, yes it was a poor result, but that doesn't give anyone the right online or offline to take their frustrations out on any individual in such ways! It is a team, and from what I have seen it is not only Ian Cathro to blame. Why isn't there equal threads and abusive comments aimed at every player who fails to show up .... because it was only "Peterhead", and the majority of other matches since he took over. Ian Cathro can send them out with his plan, the team have to carry that plan out! If they aren't capable as football professionals to carry those plans out they will be moved on and replaced with players who can, this is in progress with the clubs blessing.

No idea what the mods role are when monitoring this kind of stuff, but pretty sure if it was member to member spouting this level of abuse at one another, bans would be forthcoming! Why is it okay when directed at our current manager who thankfully has more important things to do than read the nonsense typed in here?

His plan is the same plan he's been trotting out since day 1.. It didn't work with set of players 1 from November to Jan, it didn't work with set of players 2 from Jan to may, we are now onto set of players 3 who've just been pumped by Peterhead..

Get this.. His plan, his vision, his style.. Its garbage.

Cathro has nothing to do with all this.He is employed to be head coach by Hearts and will do his best.Ann Budge is the owner and if she cannot see that he is not up for the job then she must go.I think he will get first 5 games of season as of today.If pars play good football and beat Hearts she will make move for Johnstone and Clark on Monday 2 ex Hearts players plan B has to be better than plan A

The Treasurer

it's one thing asking for names m8 but as you and i and plenty others know not every manager would work under our operation so that right away makes our options limited , However given what has went before us this last season and a half and this latest farce at what point do we question as to what has went on and going on it is not working ..  Now Given how much the fans has backed the club personally speaking i think they have every right to get answers , However on far to many occasions it would seem that nobody is accountable . huh they say a cats got 9 lifes it would seem our dof and management have more ... 

Why is this so difficult.

I'm not asking who WOULD take the job, I'm asking the Cathro-ooters to say who they WANT to take the job.

To me they have only half a plan which is as useful as no plan at all

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If we lose on Saturday then he deserves to be sacked. The football under him has been terrible both in terms of how we play and in terms of how spineless we are. There is nothing so far to suggest that he's anything other than an imposter.

It's a shame because I had high hopes for him but the club have to draw the line somewhere.

Archived